Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2021 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
get ready for the ride here we go S2!!!
5/5.

Jan 6, 2021 10:43 PM

Aug 2020
What a way to start the season!! Covered so much in the first episode already. Can't wait for next Wednesday.

Is it just me who saw Norman in the ending??
Jan 6, 2021 11:05 PM
Jun 2020
Ok this episode has quite a few worrying aspects to it for me. The writing and pacing of the episode itself wasn't bad and actually pretty good. Kind of a surprise that they didn't have a small recap segment in there either. Animation and environment are both real solid but I can't say I like the color design for the demons themselves especially that massive CG one. The CG is good don't get me wrong but it feels alien in contrast to the at times 2D background and cast which doesn't make sense to me because the outside is the home of those demons. Besides what I outlined above the music choice was also odd. It just doesn't feel like the opening and ending match the tone of the show. The pop Kiro Akiyama opening is somewhat bearable because this arc isn't as much of an uphill battle in terms of the humans versus demons thing but the ending is such a bad choice IMO. "Mahou" on its own is not bad but who had the bright idea of putting a lo-fi pop track in TPN of all things. If it were generic isekai #45 or a SOL/RomCom i could kind of understand but just no. Why would you pick that for a story that has human cattle and one sided slaughter of children as its backstory it does not make any shred of sense to me and just pulls away from the entire experience. Truthfully I'm disappointed
Jan 6, 2021 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
Its back!
The world is huge and they are small.
And now they got help from oni's. Kinda surprised but thats how Yakusoko no Neverland is. Never stops surprising.
Feels good to have it back.
Jan 7, 2021 12:46 AM
Feb 2020
Mohamed-Elatar said:
How many chapters have been adapted in this episode ?
About 8 chapters.
Jan 7, 2021 1:09 AM
Nov 2020
am i the only one who doesn’t trust this minerva guy? i feel like it’s a scheme
Jan 7, 2021 1:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Wasn't a huge fan of the pacing this episode, but the atmosphere hit all the right places.

The new OP and ED aren't as good in my opinion as the previous season.

Jan 7, 2021 1:28 AM
Jul 2020
Still 5/5 eventhough it felt pretty rushed
Jan 7, 2021 1:48 AM

Aug 2020
Okay, finally winter season save me. This first episode was very great to bring the mysteries. Can’t wait for another survival in the nowhere.

But hey, they have a very cool technology, even human havent created a pen touchscreen hologram XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2021 2:08 AM

Apr 2020
pretty good first episode, I liked it
I didn't like the OP as much
Jan 7, 2021 2:20 AM
May 2020
wow. chicken run the anime is back!!!!

on a serious note tho, this episode was a delight to watch as we were able to witness Ray, Emma and the gang able to escape from "Mom" and those "demons" constantly chase after them. I'm now extremely curious to see what's going to happen next episode by giving us the audience that little cliff-hanger like that.
Jan 7, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2018
I don't really care what they skipped but this episode was a banger! Starting from the very beginning I was getting chills, then opening made it even better and it was truly scary when monsters were keeping up with the group. Was not sure if I'd enjoy season 2 but now im getting on this hype train o/
Jan 7, 2021 2:26 AM

Dec 2017
a decent episode but they crammed like 8 chapters into 1 episode. i personally didn't have the thrill when the demon was chasing the kids. it felt a bit rushed, but i guess it didn't really matter, maybe they want to get over to the other stuffs faster. they could have definitely lengthen the demon chase, adding more intense stuffs. overall, i still enjoy (i need the next episode so bad) but lets hope they won't keep cramming 8 chapters into one episode.

Jan 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Sep 2020
"It's fine, just think of it as a game of tag"

*Meanwhile a 5 meter long demon chasing them*
Jan 7, 2021 2:40 AM
Dec 2020
good episode as always
Jan 7, 2021 2:50 AM
Aug 2019
Ok. I have forgotten how norman obtained that pen and passed it to Emma and ray? Not a manga reader, but I can't remember where this was in the anime..
Jan 7, 2021 2:55 AM

Oct 2016
That was a really good episode, I was expecting them to meet the 2 demons next episode, didn't expect they'd show them now. Though I think it still flowed really smoothly even though they probably skipped a lot of worldbuilding, not that I really remember in the manga since that was long ago.

It looked really good visually though, it almost seemed like a movie at some points except for that wonky big cgi demon, luckily it was dark so it's not as obvious. Disregarding the cgi though, that was fantastic visuals.

I didn't like the OP as much as the first one but, the visuals in the OP itself was really great. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 7, 2021 3:00 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty good episode. I have several issues with it though.

I can't feel the thrill and danger in this episode when they were chased by demons. Even the part where Ray was being chased by the Demon dogs or when Emma fell due to fever. Guess because we know they have plot armor as to when the Demon dogs couldn't catch up to a small kid.

Plot armor aside, there is also the problem of plot convenience. How convenient of the group to find a plant with water in it. How convenient of them to find a premade trap at the right place and the right time.

How did they get the pen? I don't remember them having that previously in Season 1. Maybe I forgot. Someone clear this up for me please. Also, clear me up on how they got the books.

The music choices in this episode didn't really fit the dark and dreadful atmosphere. There was also a CGI monster. Also, I still couldn't care less about the other kids besides Emma and Ray who have plot armor.

The ending cliffhanger was good though. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 7, 2021 3:55 AM

Jan 2019
Great comeback, I loved this episode.
Jan 7, 2021 3:58 AM

Jan 2019
Rach_9 said:
Ok. I have forgotten how norman obtained that pen and passed it to Emma and ray? Not a manga reader, but I can't remember where this was in the anime..

Sister Krone gave it to him, if I remember correctly.

Didn't they cut the scene when they fall in the hole and are prisoned by roots in this episode ?
Jan 7, 2021 4:22 AM

Oct 2018
first season had the perfect pace why are they rushing it?? it feels like they even skipped some chapters...

can someone remind me without spoiling the future episode that who is william minerva ??
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 7, 2021 4:29 AM
Apr 2018
Excellent Animation! Great job, Clover Works! (at least this episode) Expecting more greatness.

LOL at those who commented "Art wasn't great." You sure are blind fellows.
---------------------------------------------

Yeah! Game of Tag!

RAY : No matter what happens, i'll never abandon them again. So don't bear this burden alone.
EMMA : Yeah. We'll head southeast. Let's go through this together, & go see Mr. MINERVA!
Kids : We miss NORMAN.

Jan 7, 2021 4:31 AM

Mar 2019
That was really good. Really good animation, voice acting, and direction. Beautiful OP.

I can't recall what was cut. Did it have to do with that vine trap that Ray mentioned in this episode? If so it's nothing that's a meaningful loss in any way. It's boring crap that's worth cutting. This is why I'm a little more optimistic about the series going forward. The cutting of bloat and boring crap, animation, voice acting, and direction may make up for the shortcomings of the story moving forward.

emraanash said:
first season had the perfect pace why are they rushing it?? it feels like they even skipped some chapters...

can someone remind me without spoiling the future episode that who is william minerva ??

I can't recall what was mentioned in the first arc so I'm not going to go into much detail, but he's basically the revolutionary in that world trying to help the cattle children escape and survive. He first did so by providing clues abut the real nature of the orphanage/world in the books left behind in the library.
poemofdevilJan 7, 2021 4:36 AM
Jan 7, 2021 4:34 AM
Apr 2018
merixb said:
am i the only one who doesn’t trust this minerva guy? i feel like it’s a scheme
Well, Trusting won't work here. Those Kids haven't even seen Mr. Minerva.
It's up to the kids to act practically according to the situation, & they are doing nothing less.
Also, there's no choice for them in the present ; that's another matter if they wish to explore and survive by themselves in the unknown.
Jan 7, 2021 4:44 AM

Feb 2014
This first episode started off slow, then got into its stride, then ended on a cliffhanger. That's how I like my episodes of The Promised Neverland and this one is pretty good in my book. =)

It was an intense game of tag when the huge demon monster started to chase after the group. The CGI for the demon in question was sadly average at best, but the main demons who're chasing after Emma, Ray and the rest remained in 2D, even during their chase of Ray, which had some nice animated moments and good camera angles to boot.

Thankfully, everyone is now okay and Emma's wound on her ear has healed up again. Now the big question. Why are there other demons willing to help out humans? I can't blame Emma and Ray being shocked about it, but I think they'll get their answer in the next episode.

The OP/ED segments were great. While the OP had a pretty good beat to it, I prefer the ED theme, which was very chill with the animation focusing on the demon duo who saved the group earlier.

So far, so good. Hopefully this second season will be as good as the first one. ^_^
Jan 7, 2021 5:34 AM

Nov 2017
Having read the manga and some of the scans, it's an excellent episode! I think it's more intense in emotion than in the manga, especially when pursued by demons! I loved the opening and the ending even if for the ending, the visual of the ending looks like Enen no Shouboutai.
Jan 7, 2021 5:42 AM

Jul 2020
I'm so glad it's back. This is probably my most hyped anime of the season. The new OP isn't too bad but I actually liked the ED a little better.
I think there is different factions of demons but we shall see.
5/5
Jan 7, 2021 5:48 AM

Dec 2018
Demons chasing after their precious food . And vegan demons? or whatever you wanna call them are saving it =P I wonder if the vegan demons are raiding the human farms . Some kind of resistance seen to be going on

Mujika is so damn cute. And I think that my little Mujika is a demon lesbian and instead of eating human girl she rather catch her and give her a kiss,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It was a pretty good episode. Mujika is now my favorite girl ❤❤

Jan 7, 2021 6:09 AM
Apr 2019
11 episodes are so short for this show :< But hey at least we got another chance to see the cast again. It's made in abyss vibes all over from this episode. I still preferred the previous opening than this one.
Jan 7, 2021 6:17 AM
Apr 2020
dompsterfire said:
Mohamed-Elatar said:
How many chapters have been adapted in this episode ?
ikr! I think the pacing is quite fast. Honestly I think we may reach
afterall.

We may reach the end of the forest arc next episode or the one after that if they keep the same pace. Then go to the Gold
Jan 7, 2021 6:34 AM

Jul 2014
Compared to the slow, deliberate pacing of season 1, this episode felt insanely rushed. We were supposed to simply accept how the "pen" worked immediately, rather than actually getting to see the kids figure out what it was and how it worked first. Then there's the casual acceptance that they knew to took all the books with them and were able to actually carry them while escaping from the farm and running away from the demons in the forest: however well-exercised those kids are, books like that are pretty heavy so it seems somewhat implausible even before considering the practicalities of how they got all the books they needed out without Isabella noticing.

The actual plot beats here aren't bad, but the pacing robs a lot of the intrigue from it and does concern me going forward.
Jan 7, 2021 7:27 AM

Oct 2019
Glad the 2nd season's finally here. I liked the direction the manga took after the kids escaped the farm, hope the anime will keep par.
Jan 7, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
it was not at all a bad episode but i wish they had kept a bit more of the build up and the feeling of mystery and exploration.. guess they really wanted to end it with that cliffhanger though

Also the fact that everyone seemed to know they needed X book to figure one thing out and Y book for another and they knew the plants felt more "convenient" in the anime since they didn't show the kids figuring out all that information but meh, doesnt really change anything overall

then again i may be judging the whole thing with a bias considering how i felt about the end of the manga (unfortunately.. and i will try to ignore what i know happens so i can enjoy the adaptation as is)

The OP is alright, I'm sure it'll grow on me but the ED is really good. Although showing those nice scenes after just discovering they were both demons is an.. interesting choice
-miraiiJan 7, 2021 7:37 AM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 7, 2021 7:51 AM
Oct 2019
Oh boy Season 2 here we go...
OP and ED song was good..

World Outside was very dangerous... Damn those monster...

Looks like The Book is the Key...
William Minerva, i wonder who could that be...

"Freedom is so beautiful... yet so cruel"
Looks like Eren have a Friend now lol

CGI was great, it blends well... No complain from me

I like the Ost too, one thing that i love the most is the Camera Angles.. Absolutely Fantastic...

Interesting Cliffhanger, the girl and the man that save them are Demon???
Who are they exactly???
Jan 7, 2021 10:28 AM

Nov 2017
Dem kids are running, running for their lives obviously. I wouldn't want to see that big ass creature in the dark either lol.

I'm likin' this so far
Jan 7, 2021 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Shirase-san said:
Man, the opening gave me goosebumps

And finally, they all came out of Grace Field House, even so, they still met lots of monsters out there

The female monster is a very nice person, she helps Emma and the others, okay, the first episode was Cliffhanger.

The ending is pretty good!

The ending left me terrified and scared of what came of the other children, they were saved by a girl who turned out to be a demon, have the others been eaten?
Jan 7, 2021 10:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A game of tag where the loser is eaten lol. Quite the unique opening and visuals. Thats quite the fancy holo map that they have though. Not to mention puzzle. But between the demons of the forest and the pursuers from the farm they really have their hands full. Still its nice to see them receive some unexpected aid before things got worst. But still to think that their saviours were demons. Looks like things out here are also complicated as well. Overall an excellent ep that featured a good mix of tension, revelation and curiosity. Im quite curious about the friendly demons though so can't wait till next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2020
When the episode ended i was like "already?" It felt really fast. The cgj demon and that one shot of Ray running from the demons from gracefield against the cgi background felt really jarring. It was much more noticeable than in the first season. Everything other than that though I liked a lot!
Jan 7, 2021 11:24 AM

Feb 2020
i'm so excited for the second season!!

i love the op and ed so much. nice how the ed has much more of a chill vibe than last season
Jan 7, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2020
i did like this episode, although i do admit the pacing was fast.
i am really glad they are still using their skills in surviving but they aren't making them full-on experts.

OP is great, but it just doesn't resemble the thriller & horror type of theme.
i do prefer touch off. the animation in both were amazing though~~

the ED was nice & soft~

pretty good episode overall~!

3099Jan 7, 2021 11:52 AM
Jan 7, 2021 12:24 PM
Aug 2020
I’m really loving just imagining how this series could go, what with having no knowledge of the manga whatsoever (and purposely so as I can now take it all in from the anime) but in just this first ep I feel like the scope has widened so much. The world is different from what we knew in s1, there are magical plants and mystical creatures. Demon society has some sort of structure, they’re hunting the kids with these dog things. There’s advanced technology with the William Minerva pen, and wow they’re are demons that seem to be acting against the demon society and helping the kids?? I hope it doesn’t backfire because I’d love to learn about how they came about to acting against the other demons and are living as they are. All in all, as well as seeing the characters I adore again, I absolutely adore the world this series is building.
Jan 7, 2021 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
Oh boy it's back and straight up throwing cliffhangers at our faces!

So the savior of the kids are also demons, now I wonder what their motives are to save them.
Jan 7, 2021 3:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Can’t believe it’s already been 2 years, but it’s back with a strong episode 1, excited to see where it goes from here. I liked the OP but I loved the ED, instant banger for me.
Jan 7, 2021 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
Ray looked like Dr Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park when he was luring the monster with the lantern.
Jan 7, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good first episode. Would have thought they'd last a bit longer on their own for a while. Little disappointed by that. Hope this season won't be as ungodly rushed as the first. That really took away my enjoyment.
Jan 7, 2021 3:53 PM
Sep 2017
i didnt liked this at all . The intro song wasnt nearly as good as the one from the first season and the the whole thing was so crappy, so much was cut from the manga , story telling was way to fast and had so much details missing plus i hate bad CGI and that monster at the beginning was the fucking worst . Cant recommend i hope this gets better 3/10
Jan 7, 2021 4:40 PM

Jan 2020
Good opening and ending, now there are new demons but they're not in the same team of the evils, i'm waiting for the new episode

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jan 7, 2021 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
So the Demons might have factions of renegades in their lines, uh? Or maybe those two are Demons but used to be humans before. I wonder...

Entertaining start for this second season overall. Wonder if we will see at some point what is happening at the farm with Phil and Isabella.
Jan 7, 2021 7:56 PM

May 2020
Awesome episode.
The ED song was better than the OP imo. But, both of them were good tbh ;)
[5/5] for me
Jan 7, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2019
KANLen09 said:
Fast pacing (7 chapters), but IMO it's already written on the wall that Season 2 will end on an original ending note with 11 episodes.

Wait, so the anime isn’t staying faithful to the manga then? That’s upsetting. I was really looking forward to seeing the next few arcs get animated. Season 1 was very loyal to the source material, so where did you hear this? Can you send me a link please?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.