Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2020 4:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this is quite a strange finale. I mean, look at all those Elaina with different personalities! It's like some sort of Twilight Zone style episode that's out of the ordinary.

Personally though, I think the finale is fitting as it focused on Elaina herself than her usual journey. It explored different sides of her character in the most unusual way possible. I'd say that was so much more than a dream experience. It's her own personal journey. What a wonderful show imo, 8/10.
Dec 18, 2020 4:30 AM

Aug 2017
So Eliana ended with alternative versions of herself lmao

"The Journey of Elaina" was an experience, a colorful adventure, a rather curious way of combining compelling/dark episodes with normal fantasy episodes. Too bad some stories are too short. With 10 very good episodes, 1 regular and 1 bad, it was one of the greatest surprises of the year. 8/10 for the anime.
NurguburuDec 18, 2020 7:23 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 18, 2020 4:35 AM

Apr 2020
There are 15 Elaina ?! out of 15 of them all, I like stupid Elaina, she's really funny and
Elaina's VA did her best! she voiced 15 of them.

Amnesia came out at the very end!

Overall 8/10
KaisekiDec 18, 2020 4:50 AM
Dec 18, 2020 4:36 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Overall I would give this show an 8, there are things it could have done with more episodes, but what we got was pretty good.
Dec 18, 2020 4:51 AM
Jul 2019
This was my second favorite anime this season and my favorite non-sequel anime of the season. In the end I’m giving this an 8.5/10. Hopefully this series gets a season 2, otherwise I’m gonna miss this series a lot.
Dec 18, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
The final (seasonal) record of Elaina's journey: A country of fulfilling wishes, anything and whatever you so desire. Such a mysterious country.

To see THAT many Elainas of various personalities (15 TO BE EXACT), it feels like I'm watching so many doppelgangers at one go, so much so that there's an Elaina for everyone in a "Knights of the Round Table" fashion. Plus the original "No Personality / Protagonist Me" self (that makes 16), that's way too much Elainas.

As usual, trouble brews when the "Violent Me" Elaina starts breaking loose of her "dark" magic for a power imbalance, and the original just acting her "observation" duties. This angry version of Elaina is the amalgamation of all the dark episodes from the series, only wanting to act like a hero (which isn't what the "Protagonist Me" is called to do).

Instead, the original Elaina's proposal to see her side personalities and the many possibilities that could, and there it is: the book title of "Wandering Witch" of logging future journeys forevermore.

Such a great episode to finish the series on a high note. Loved this series from start to finish, a lifetime of a pretty good adventure that continues its journey onward.
KANLen09Dec 18, 2020 6:52 AM
Dec 18, 2020 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
“You have no personality, so you can be whatever you want to be. It’s perfect for a protagonist”

That is an amazing self-own on the show's part.

I can’t help but feel like Elaina describing her journey as a series of choices would have landed a lot better if Elaina had actually changed at all over the series. As is she’s mostly just an observer with a self-absorbed outlook, other that the one episode we did get that actually felt like it had consequences on her, only for the next episode to carry on as it always has.

Pretty meh series all up. I kind of get what the series was going for but Elaina was such a profusely unlikeable character and the stories were so shallow or predictable that it was hard to really latch onto anything in particular other than the series' own constant cynicism about the world around it.
removed-userDec 18, 2020 5:26 AM
Dec 18, 2020 5:32 AM

Feb 2019
A beautiful and fitting finale for my 2nd fave show of the season. Absolutely wonderfully done episode today.

Answered all my questions about how Elaina was dealing with the time travel trauma and the other dark experiences she’d been through. Wasn’t expecting it to come in this form, but I think it was great. This show was an amazing journey of self discovery and I learnt a tremendous amount from it. Going to miss it for sure.

Season 2 was announced or the announcement leaked anyway, so I’m hyped for that and gonna ask Santa for the books today as well.
Dec 18, 2020 5:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So many Elaina for the last episodes xD it was pretty fun, probably one of my fav one so it leaves a good impression at the end, also that "Amnesia" girl teasing at the end... possible second season?
Dec 18, 2020 5:33 AM

May 2020
What a dream come true. We were given multiple personalities as well. xD

Love it!
Dec 18, 2020 5:33 AM

Jan 2014
Well that was a wild and wacky end for sure lol. I loved it, she met so many of herself, each with their own story and journey, as if she was at a point where alternative timelimes could meet one another, and it was handled really well honestly.

Gonna miss this series, though might just read the manga now.
Dec 18, 2020 5:34 AM

Nov 2016
Elaina overload haha. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of her, it was a pretty great watch nonetheless (and I even warmed up to her a bit towards the end, having so many different ones made it definitely easier).

Less atmospheric and intriguing than Kino no Tabi, but admittedly with a charming traveler and fun recurring cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2020 5:44 AM

Sep 2019
It was a good and funny episode.

I really liked the first few episodes but I started to hate it around the middle. The 9th episode made me like it again but it wasn’t a great show. It had its ups and downs but I liked it more than I hated it. So, I’m giving Majo no Tabitabi a 6/10 (my score may change over time).

It was a fun ride, I hope it gets a sequel.
Dec 18, 2020 5:44 AM

Apr 2019
probably second favourite anime this season, even though I nearly skipped it seeing the synopsis, glad I didn't. Good final episode, 6-7/10.

Dec 18, 2020 6:01 AM

May 2020
Let's go Season 2!!!

Dec 18, 2020 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
Well i hope we get another season of this since i enjoyed it.
The episode itself was pretty funny with all the different Elaina's.
The character types where funny.

It it came down to the stolen hair ones again.
Dec 18, 2020 6:02 AM

Apr 2014
The final episode with full of Elaina. Those Elaina are funny and annoying at the same time. I think glassed Elaina and ghoul Elaina are the best for me.
Wonder if Saya also in that place it would be a heaven for herself with a harem of Elaina especially with that Elaina who also willing for her.

Then Elaina's Majo no Tabitabi continues.....
Hopefully, we will get the second season.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 18, 2020 6:04 AM

Dec 2016
Man, what a finale.

I was already rolling on the floor when the Chuuni Elaina was being introduced, but the Russian squatting dance one and the gel based one totally killed me.

I was expecting a meme like last episode (and it sort of was) but it was a really great introspection episode isolating most of Elaina's bottled emotions on her travels and make them clash with each other for the audience to realize all the sides Elaina carries but also all the posibilities/ramifications in different timelines/universes.

This was definitely a very unique way to end and definitely a very memorable series with a very out of the box protagonist. Truly hope there will be more of Elaina in a near future.
Dec 18, 2020 6:05 AM

Apr 2017
well the last eps really give a nice closing for s1 , but i hope there will be s2 since the last scene that revealed a new character 8/10 overall for this season
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Dec 18, 2020 6:12 AM
Jul 2020
7/10

So many elaina's in this episode
But i wish they made more episodes about this anime
Dec 18, 2020 6:27 AM
Mar 2019
a good finale. and shall we expect a second season considering they introduced a new character in post credits?
I love K-On, and so should you.

Dec 18, 2020 6:29 AM

May 2013
Elaina ship with Elaina
Dec 18, 2020 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
So we got over 16 Elainas and each Elaina was mentiones separately in the ending credits, lol.

And there's a potential for a 2nd season since we meet a new character that Elaina said that will be travelling with, a girl named Amnesia. It's quite unusual, since Elaina travelled alone.
Dec 18, 2020 6:34 AM
Sep 2020
I love it.... Hoping for season 2 tho...
Dec 18, 2020 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
8/10 show. I would love a season 2.
Dec 18, 2020 6:44 AM

Oct 2017
Lots of Elaina for the finale, that was amusing. Reminded me of Kaguya and Bakarina. The VA did a great job voicing all sixteen Elaina's. Also woa we finally saw the one who'll travel with Elaina at the end of this season. Hopefully we'll get season 2 to see them travel together.

Overall a fun show with some dark and disturbing content. Didn't like the darker episodes that much but the lighthearted ones were definitely a great watch. Unlike many others who like/dislike Elaina I'm neutral towards her and I found Fran sensei, Sheila and Saya much more amusing than her.
Dec 18, 2020 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
This anime was fine with some unexpected dark moments that destroyed my first impressions. I was sure it was a fluffly slice of life without any major events.

Dec 18, 2020 6:54 AM

Apr 2020
The final chapter of Elaina's story as she goes into a world where she faces different versions of herself. I was kinda confused on why they took this as the finale, but I get it by the end. She wants to face her own self that made different routes and directions in travelling. The "Violent" Elaina striked me well as her own character and "Protagonist" Elaina gets it. All the journey and places that she went to coalesced in this episode and has gave us a good payoff for the adventure that we are treated. At the end, there's that Amnesia girl...huh quite curious about her.

And with that, one of my personal favorites of the season has come to an end. It's actually the first major Fall show to finish after the leftover Fire Force S2. I will miss this show, hoping for Season 2 damn it. The adventure I had with Elaina for 12 weeks was well worth it, I'm giving this between 8 and a 9, it was really good. We'll see you again Elaina, for your next travel.
Dec 18, 2020 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, there were 16 Elainas in this episode. I saw the preview in Kadokawa's youtube channel but still, that was insane. XD

I really enjoyed this series a lot and I was surprised when I watched its darker episodes. I had the impression that it only had lighthearted ones. But it was still good. I'm a huge fan of the OP song so I was glad they played it at the end.

'Wandering', a fitting title for her book. I'm going to pick up the LN. I'm conflicted whether I should give this a 9 so I'll settle it with a score of 8/10.

Dec 18, 2020 7:01 AM

Oct 2019
So it was all a dream? I almost take a wild guess one of her travel to the past as Nike.
Dec 18, 2020 7:01 AM

Jul 2017
So many Elaina. I knew I'll never be satisfied enough with 1.
Many versions of Elaina imagineable, including 3x depressed Elainas lmao.
17 Elainas in total together, if we include Evilaina aswell. Gotta love that Zombieland Saga's Tae Yamada-Elaina.

The battle is quite intense, they both go all out in it. And the word stabs in-between is enjoyable too.
Glad Protag Elaina managed to knock some sense to Evilaina.
I liked this quote specifically :
Journeys are a series of meetings and farewells, and at the same time, they are a series of choice.
Because, it only need one wrong event or path, and your personality and your way of thinking can change in an instant.
Glad the original Elaina didn't have to be drown in that sorrow.

And damn in the end we saw many more Elaina, including a puppy-Elaina and buffy Elaina lmao.
The bed scene is so sweet. Both Elainas are cute af, love both version of the hairs.

Andddd it's all just a dream? Well in any case now Elaina will continue her journey and leave us wondering if we will ever get s2 or not, which I wish we will.

Beautiful series with perfect MC. 10/10 from me.
Dec 18, 2020 7:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Her name was Amnesia. The future Elaina finally met with her 'doppelganger', as a result of her wish dream that wanted to made a peace to herself. Who was Amnesia? Could she be a designated apprentice witch for Elaina. Well, at least she was seriously met her other self there, in realty.

Such a unique way to solved Elaina's selfishness and inconsistencies oc personalities, that by in fact, Elaina really had a various personalities owned in one body. Yeah, that dreams that connected all of the parallel worlds, its connected every Elaina's personality too at one place. At the end, 'the protagonist me' of Elaina succeeded to united them all at one flag, or i mean a book; A wandering witch. Even with such a difficulty persona, Elaina still succeeded to persuade her at one vision too, but ofc its really a hard attempt to get it. Meaning? There was no actual meaning, honestly. Its just her story, and you can't comprehend it by yourself if you just hate the author of the story. Thats the real meaning of the episode, for me. And i just simply aggree, and then smile, with these kind of story telling approaching. Straight-forward way to hit the right point. The wandering witch will keep wandering no matter choices she has been pass, through the past.

Well, thats it! A simple end to closing the first season of the wandering witch stories, in purposes of resolving Elaina complexity journey. For me, its already successfully hit the right point at the right place. For the overall, its make me smiled, with its innovative way that has been retold by the episodic episodes style of stories; this is the tales of Elaina's.

9/10 without hesitations.
badabassDec 18, 2020 8:13 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 18, 2020 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
started off very wacky with so many Elainas...wonder what happen that lead up to gelatinous Elaina lol.
having Elaina deciding do a book like Nike did was nice yet predictable

Kino’s Journey: Witch Version was surprisingly fun. theres some crazy hits and some glaring misses. the goofy (stufff involving Saya) was hilarious and the serious (like that Higurashi-ish ep that got everyone in a frenzy) was indeed serious. that ending with the new girl bumping into Elaina sets up a possible new season but im not holding my breath as i feel this could be a one-timer like alot of shows that does this. 8/10
Dec 18, 2020 7:06 AM

Jan 2019
I really like the concept of this show, although some episodes were a bit shallow on how they portrayed their stories. It was supposed to have deep messages at times, but the delivery wasn't enough. I still enjoyed it anyway, and kept waiting for the next episode.

EP12 left me with the dumbest smile. It was definitely one of my favorites and I'm eager for another season. I love what they're trying to do here and I see potential.

I look forward to a 2nd season that improves on the flaws mentioned above.
SheklonDec 18, 2020 7:09 AM
Dec 18, 2020 7:17 AM

Dec 2014
ok like a weird way to end it all
Dec 18, 2020 7:18 AM
Dec 2020
I can't stop thinking that the other 15 elainas are her, but in different dimensions. Each of them has different choices in their journey, creating their own personality and ultimately meet each other at that place. Or it's just too obvious?
P/s: new here :D. Although I have watched anime since I was 10 but this is the first time I creating this account, also don't blame me for the mispelling and grammatical errors , my english is just enough to understand and type some simple comments :(
Dec 18, 2020 7:22 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
The introduction of the other Elainas was the funniest segment of the season, if you exclude all of Golden Kamuy. That shit had me rollinggggg.
Dec 18, 2020 7:30 AM
Jun 2020
The journey of amnesia kelanjutannya wkwkwk
Dec 18, 2020 7:31 AM
Jun 2020
Nunggu kelanjutan nya di 2021
Dec 18, 2020 7:34 AM
Apr 2013
Yuri Elaina, best Elaina XD
Dec 18, 2020 7:34 AM
Mar 2020
seriously how is 12 the finale, they snuck a sneak peak at a new girl at the end there, with no announcement of the next season?

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this is quite a strange finale. I mean, look at all those Elaina with different personalities! It's like some sort of Twilight Zone style episode that's out of the ordinary.

Personally though, I think the finale is fitting as it focused on Elaina herself than her usual journey. It explored different sides of her character in the most unusual way possible. I'd say that was so much more than a dream experience. It's her own personal journey. What a wonderful show imo, 8/10.
Dec 18, 2020 7:36 AM

Jun 2019
One of the best anime this season we had. Really good animation and a good story with a cute protagonist. This anime didn't disappoint me at all. As of the last episode, the episode was really cute and funny meeting your own different personalities. Lol.
Definitely recommended. 8/10.
Dec 18, 2020 7:37 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was the finale and of course, a fun final episode with all those Elaina-Sans'. All the different types of Elaina-san are really funny!!! XD.
It was a fun ride and I'm hoping for a Season 2 and... Who's this Amnesia girl? They ended it quite interesting!

Sayonara Elaina-san, we had a fun journey with you, hope you continue your journey with us!
Dec 18, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2018
Ahhhhhhhh, looks like the final has come to an end! Looks like there's a possibility for season 2 since there's one character introduced at the end of the anime!

So, Elaina end up visiting a country with 15 Elaina-san with variety of personality! Well I couldn't know what to say about this, but okay! The episode seems to reminds me of the council of Katarinas from Otome Game Hametsu! Which is a bit weird! 😂

And there's the angry version of Elaina-san whose personality was taken from what happen in some previous episodes, (I'm talking to you episode 9)! Thankfully they're duels are evenly matched and decide to make up with each other!

And there it is! The book titled "Wandering Witch!" which showcases the adventures of Elaina-san through all of the episodes! From start to the end is a lot of fun, for this anime I rated 10/10! See you later, Elaina-san! We will never forget you! 🤗🤗🤗
RiriHitosuyanagiDec 18, 2020 7:54 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 18, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2020
I actually really like this episode
I like it when other character personality interact with each other

Overall a pretty good ending
Nina supporter for life💕
Dec 18, 2020 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
A strange final episode for the season but a fun one nonetheless, what's better than one Elaina? More Elaina of course. I will take your entire stock.

I liked how Elaina talked to the violet her and explained that she really came there to find out what happened to the other versions of her. It was pretty heartwarming to see them make up and eventually read each other stories and decide the name of the book. Was it all a dream? I wonder.

Post credits scenes has me intrigued, Elaina is going to have a companion? Should make for an interesting turn of events.

Overall, this was probably one of my most favorite shows of the season. Felt very Kino no Tabi esque in the beginning but it's definitely pretty different from it. Charming in it's own way, fun and funny, very likable character cast, Elaina especially. Contrary to most people, I kinda liked the fact that Elaina seems to not fall on one particular side of the coin, there are situations where she plays the bystander and there are situations where she gets involved and tries to help. It's perhaps a lot more dare I say human to pick your battles in that way. Episodic story style was a given but it was handled very well and every story reached it's conclusion with some nice lessons along the way.

9/10, hoping for a second season.

Dec 18, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2019
Quite an underwhelming finale that felt like a fanservice episode.

Overall, I think this show started as amazing but then started to lose its charm somewhere in the second half and ended up just as an average show for me.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 18, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
pretty nice episode to end off the season, the elainas were pretty funny, props to the seiyuu who voiced nearly the whole episode by herself. i wonder if we'll get a season 2 with the adventures of amnesia or amnesia no bouken? also, could there be any meaning behind that name?
Dec 18, 2020 8:28 AM
Apr 2008
Such a relaxing anime
Dec 18, 2020 8:39 AM

Jun 2012
Elaina failing the self awareness check, as usual.

Hopefully we will get a season 2 since there's plenty of LN's out already.

This is the cringey Chūnibyō me.
GlorditDec 18, 2020 8:50 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

132 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.