Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 11, 2020 9:52 AM
Aug 2020
QuynhNhu said:
What a sad episode. I knew the end of the world refer only to Hina.
Youta confession... to me it didn’t seem a romantic confession, but more as a family or friend.

Exactly, the confession felt more platonic than romantic
Dec 12, 2020 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
Seangel said:
Charlotte and this one are the reason why I wish that Jun Maeda's works are always in 2 cours format.

Imho, one cour can't contain Jun Maeda's pace, comedy, and feels perfectly.

THIS is why Air is my favorite Key work; it was smart enough to keep the cast minimal and tell just three small-ish stories in the span of thirteen episodes. It worked beautifully....the tragedy is really harsh to get through though...but once you do, it almost feels like "a relief". I can't describe it. It's an amazing series.

Dec 12, 2020 3:58 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Chiibi said:
Seangel said:
Charlotte and this one are the reason why I wish that Jun Maeda's works are always in 2 cours format.

Imho, one cour can't contain Jun Maeda's pace, comedy, and feels perfectly.

THIS is why Air is my favorite Key work; it was smart enough to keep the cast minimal and tell just three small-ish stories in the span of thirteen episodes. It worked beautifully....the tragedy is really harsh to get through though...but once you do, it almost feels like "a relief". I can't describe it. It's an amazing series.

Well, I mean... the 13th episode is technically a recap episode and it didn't get included in the DVD copy I own...
But yeah, stuff like that is part of why I loved Air as well. ♥
Dec 12, 2020 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
@Fario-P

Oh right. xD I don't think I watched the recap, actually.

Every time a show is one cour, I always forget if it's 12 eps or 13 eps.

THEY KEEP CHANGING IT UP, I swear.

...then there are those weird 'eleven episode shows" and it's like MAKE UP YOUR MIIIIIIIIIND!!! XD

Dec 13, 2020 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
@Lustrius

The part with Hina and Youta bonded is very rushed for sure. That's why it's not hitting me the way it should.

Dec 13, 2020 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
Lustrius said:
Chiibi said:
@Lustrius

The part with Hina and Youta bonded is very rushed for sure. That's why it's not hitting me the way it should.

Agreed. Such wasted potential. Also, didn’t he like Izanami? I saw no actual development, romantically, between Hina and our mc and then saying he loves her out of nowhere just seems like bad writing to me.

I can see it romantically from Hina's side...but not Youta's.

I took his confession like "I love you like I just want you to stay in my life" kind of way. As a younger friend, a sister...a family member...MAYBE 'eventual girlfriend' but it doesn't seem like it. Since he said "Look, all these other people love you too!"

I could be wrong...but the 'love' definition is likely to stay vague...especially now with Hina's condition.

No idea what's going on with Izanami right now. Youta seems too worried about Hina as a person to focus on anything else.

Dec 13, 2020 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
Only time will tell.

I prefer they keep it 'platonic' because that makes more sense from a writing standpoint.

It was just a hug though. He didn't try kissing her or say "Be my wife :( "

Dec 13, 2020 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
Hmm I think she must be at least 13 or 14...going by her real father's story.

But

Lustrius said:
it still sadly doesn't change that fact that it felt rushed and unsatisfying.

Indeed, it does not. :(

Hope the next Key work will be better...in the meantime, there are still some more shows for me to watch.^^

Dec 14, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2019
A very good and emotional episode but the explanation about Hina's omniscience was perplexing, to put it mildly. Quantum computers, whether the current super cold ones or a potential future room temperature one, cannot provide the specific kind of omniscience Hina has exhibited, in particular allow her to predict the future. They are very good and efficient (per qubit) at computing tasks that -provided they have enough qubits- might take even the fastest classical supercomputer millions of years to complete.

One interesting trait they have, due to the way they work, is that with each additional qubit their performance doubles; i.e. a 1024-qubit quantum computer would be twice as fast as a 1023-qubit quantum computer, despite their seemingly marginal difference. But that's just about it. No quantum computer could ever predict the future though (hypothetically) a quantum computer with maybe hundreds of millions of qubits or more could access in real time every (internet connected) camera in the world, since it could potentially break even the toughest encryption protocols and also have an immense computing power to process and make sense of everything in real time.

That's how Hina presumably was able to watch in real time the multiple "authorizations" against her. While that's technically possible (as long as Hina's quantum computing chip is super powerful, and it must be) it still wouldn't allow Hina to see or predict the future. It couldn't provide Hina with a time window beyond which she couldn't not "see" (ala Dr Manhattan) either, so she couldn't have predicted her (personal) end of the world at all.

Anyway, quantum computing rant over. I wonder what on Earth the next three episodes are going to be about. This episode really felt like a show finale. Are Hina's friends going to rescue her? But how? Maybe with the help of a remorseful Suzuki Hiroto?
Dec 15, 2020 6:04 AM
Aug 2019
chungzic said:
Ok episode, but I didn't hate this, I just felt that the emotion of this episode was a bit lacking...
thank you. everyone is just i the hype faze because its a P.A work.
definetly lacking
Dec 16, 2020 3:52 PM

Mar 2010
I like how hina just accepted reality for what it is, no bs hoping for da best or praying like some chump. Taking the kill like a real chad.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Jul 2019
AB Hinata-Yui relationship vibes. Damn, couldn't be more forced. It is not too bad to be fair, but everything seems convenient for this moment.
Dec 23, 2020 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
Atlos said:
I wish this show would just stay as comedy because that is what Jun Maeda is good at. I really dislike the forced melodrama that he puts in all his shows

I agree. This anime and its characters shine when it doesnt take itself too serious, and deals with the comedy and the silliness.
Dec 27, 2020 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
oh! an Emow episode...seems legit...
4/5.

Jan 3, 2021 4:53 AM

Mar 2016
Hiroto is just....... amazing. This is why geniuses need a good background. Otherwise, with parents like these, you end up like Hiroto. He did his best to redeem himself. Hina loves Yota and now Yota reciprocated her feelings. The IzaYota ship has sunk.
Jan 9, 2021 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
Lots of focus on Suzuki this episode. I guess they tried to build his character a bit.

So Hina's world will end, but nobody else's? That's the impression I got. Time to see how it plays out.
Jan 26, 2021 4:50 PM

Aug 2017
Terrible drama attempt and dumb characters decisions. First of all, the hacker getting manipulated again by other people is just dumb and its worse when you know that he can ruin that company himself using his powers. They also know he's dangerous but did they forget he can use his powers against them as warning Hina? The emotion of this episode was lacking in every sense. Hina and Yota are terrible characters, so the sudden confession is not organic and is very forced. I cannot stop rolling my eyes when they explained her 'powers' with a fucking computer chip.
NurguburuJan 26, 2021 4:53 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 2, 2021 5:44 AM
Jan 2020
Ok fine I was quite close to crying, at this point I cant really predict whats gonna happen. I am hoping that the ending is good. These corporates man, always mess things up.
Feb 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like shit gets serious now, even though its a bit too fast of a transition. Have to say the explanation sounded pretty stupid like how the heck does a quantum computer chip compensate for a physical disease (assuming Logos syndrome is similiar to Ehler-Danlos Syndrome based on the given description). Really hope that the 'I love you' was in a platonic way, because I can't see them as lovers.

Mar 3, 2021 2:22 AM
Mar 2021
chungzic said:
Ok episode, but I didn't hate this, I just felt that the emotion of this episode was a bit lacking...
I agree. And is that princess Silas from maoujou de oyasumi as your profile picture. That anime is seriously sooo goood.
Mar 14, 2021 5:21 AM
Jun 2014
Pedojapan strrrrrriiiiikes again. How about settling up romance with the previous girl and still saving Hina? She can be a decent second sister. Can't say im into wretched romances involving little girls... Like at all
Mar 21, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2020
Wow i was shock when i saw people commenting this episode was the best / saddest episode from the series. Me be like :"wtf bro you good?"
Seriously this was the lowest point of this series. The first half explaining about the hacker past life , but i can't feel anything and i don't care about his past because no He got zero attachment to the viewers.
And also the hacking part, brooo IT'S CRINGEY AF!!! I prefer the hacking part from The Hacker in the Akudama Drive.

And last ,the confession. So our mc gonna be a pedo now? It's f*cking disgusting!
How come the mc who have a crush with izanami for years ,and still have a feeling for her it shown in the festival episode but in this eps he suddenly he likes someone else. It's show the lack of writting for the author.

For me personally ,i disgusted by how japanese people/author always using incest or pedophile in their works.

i feel if this series was a romcom drama ,it's gonna be a pretty decent.
But the drama and the sci-fi things really bring this series down to the bottom of the hole.
Mar 25, 2021 12:19 AM

Mar 2016
For being revealed to have a quantum computer in her head, Hina sure is stupid. Oh, a bunch of shady Japanese corporations have 'authorised' the chip be removed and hidden (essentially killing her) and she just gives up.

The backstory of Suzuki was tragic and gives a glimpse into his character. Although it makes no sense as to why he was just going along with the work he was given until being tossed aside like his parents did to him. That super computer interface of his, an infamous hacker and he just 'warns Hina'? He could have made any number of more useful actions e.g. get back at the CEO by taking down her entire company with a single hand swipe. Break networks, wipe databases and their backups. He talks a big game and even reached out to a secret quantum computer, yet he can't prevent a bunch of shady people communicating enough to arange what is essentially a hit on a child. A simple leak on social media or to certain governments would also throw a wrench into trying to hide the operation to kill Hina.

Really hope this is resolved in at least a partially thoughtful way and not through pure plot armour/luck.
Jun 1, 2021 11:19 PM

Oct 2013
So Pappy Odin constructed an artificial superintelligence that essentially processes all available data on a global scale simultaneously, then uses that data to accurately project future events? I've read about this concept in theory, but I don't think I've seen it used in media before (not that I read a lot of sci-fi), so it's kind of cool to see here. But how it counterbalances this "logos syndrome" or what have you is unclear and tenuous.

and yeah, I'm afraid I have to echo the thread-wide sentiment that the character emotions didn't fully resonate with me as I'd expect from Maedashit. Izanami's episode hit me much harder.

hacker bro being a bro was a nice twist, because it did seem like the series was playing him the villain.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 1, 2022 1:12 PM

Mar 2017
What the actual fuck? This ep was an absolute 180 and not in a good way. It felt like I was watching a completely different anime… that tone shift was too sudden and too extreme
Oct 15, 2022 6:08 AM
Jul 2022
This is one of the best episode i have ever watched
Apr 13, 2023 4:32 AM
Sep 2018
Yeah that’s about what I expected
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

196 by euphoricoddball »»
Feb 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

304 by DELLspencer »»
Jan 7, 11:48 AM

» Please give this Anime a Chance!

RjtheGreat14 - Sep 6, 2022

39 by Daekesh »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:53 PM

» Why do people dislike this anime ? ( 1 2 )

kaiki_fan_boy - Dec 29, 2020

92 by HabteG »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

171 by ggultra2764 »»
Nov 21, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.