Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2020: Manga Edition - Sign Up!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2020 7:48 PM

Aug 2015
Min-Max length (volumes): Doesn't matter
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I can read anything but the ones I enjoy the most are Tragic, Seinen, Cultivation, Weak to Strong, Romace and good character development.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Annoying MC
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Doesn't matter
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 157 completed series and 254 currently reading
Does your list include everything you've read?: Includes most of it but does not have some series that aren't on MAL (Webtoons/Manwha/Manhua)
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Izuni
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
IzuniNov 23, 2020 9:32 PM
Nov 23, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
Min-Max length (volumes): No min or max but preferably at least 20 volumes. Must be completed.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): : I enjoy almost every genre.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): harem, isekai, ecchi, love triangle, yuri and yaoi without plot (only focus in hot scenes).
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): No
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 912
Does your list include everything you've read?:
Yes, there are some exceptions like webtoons
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/chibieska
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift exchange
chibieskaNov 23, 2020 7:57 PM
Nov 23, 2020 8:13 PM
Sep 2017
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): Anything under 200 chapters is fine with me.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Horror, Action, Comedy, Seinen, Romance, Shoujo, Unique Art, Guro
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Sports, Slice Of Life
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Just needs to be available online
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 69
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/TheHentaiologist
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create a gift for another user
Nov 23, 2020 9:52 PM

Jul 2017
Min-Max length (volumes):
Min 3 - Max ∞

- slice of life
(anything else is okay)

Dislikes:
- Manga with anime adaptations
- Ongoing manga

Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies):
Nope

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No):
No ^^;

Number of Completed entries on your manga list:

Yes

Link to manga list:
https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/TheMAM

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
Gift Exchange!
Nov 23, 2020 10:02 PM

Nov 2018
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): none
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Get me the most interesting thing you've got. (or if you're boring, your favourite)
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi and tasteless fanservice
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): no
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): no
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 51
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: yes
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/vp787
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 23, 2020 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
Min-Max length (volumes): 10 vol max
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shoujo, Josie, Sinen, Romance, Drama, Go Nagi style madness, mystery, slice of life, adventure, positive representation of trans/queer characters, non-stigmatized slutty/sexual characters
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I haven't really read enough manga to form clear dislikes yet. I have found it hard to read 4koma, also trying to read K-On recently made me realize I can't stand a large focus on "humorous molester" type characters regardless of gender.
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Easily findable in english online for free and fully translated.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No, what's the fun in that :P
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 14
Does your list include everything you've read?: as far as I can remember, yes.
Link to manga list: link
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift (I haven't really read enough manga yet to feel comfortable recommending to other people)
KristiwazhereNov 28, 2020 9:41 PM
Nov 23, 2020 10:21 PM
Apr 2020
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): No limit
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Psycological and survival, but anything that isn't at dislikes is fine by me.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi, shoujo, mecha
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): No
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 114
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/SoulDeathSky
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 23, 2020 10:27 PM
Jun 2019
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): no min or max, but preferably completed.

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'd like it to have romance. I like action, comedy, slice of life. If it has romance, I like a conclusive (happy) ending.

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): BL, weak mc, NTR

❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): nope

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): yes

❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 8

❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: no

❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/AlignedDread

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'll definitely be doing gift exchange
Nov 23, 2020 10:39 PM
Oct 2015
Min-Max length: No limit, unless it's finished.
Likes: Seinen, Military, Space, Sci-fi, Mecha, Action and Police. Would love some ecchi stuff in 'em too (mild nudity if I may).
Dislikes: Anything but Shounen, Yuri/Yaoi, Loli, Harem, Romance, School and Slice of Life would be appreciable.
Any availability restrictions?: No, unless I can find it online in English.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list?: No, please. I want something new.
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 584
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes.
Link to manga list: It's here.
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange. I would love to create a lovely rec for someone.
Nov 23, 2020 10:47 PM
Feb 2020
Comprimento Mín-Máx (volumes): 100 cap
❅ Gosta (gêneros, dados demográficos, temas): drama psicológico e muuito bom que faça chorar ou pode ser um yaoi manhwa/mangá/manhua que faça aquecer o coração e que por favor NÃO TENHA relacionamento abusivo >:( :(
❅ Não gosta (gêneros, demografia, temas): * shoujo bem bobinho
❅ Alguma restrição de disponibilidade? (por exemplo, deve ter cópias impressas / físicas): não
❅ A recomendação pode estar em sua lista do Plano de Leitura? (Sim ou Não): não :/
❅ Número de entradas concluídas na sua lista de mangás: atualmente 8
❅ A sua lista inclui tudo o que você leu ?: na verdade não
❅ Link para a lista de mangás: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/hiromi_tyrehs
❅ Você criará um presente para outro usuário (Troca de presentes) ou deseja apenas receber (Dom do Elfo) ?:eu nem sei o que é dom do elfo então primeira opção :)
Nov 23, 2020 10:47 PM
Jul 2014
Min-Max length (volumes): Preferably under 150 chapters or so and, more importantly, completed
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Adventure, seinen, good endings
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Harem, Ecchi, shoujo
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): No (must be available in English in some form)
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 39
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/gomizzou
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes (Gift Exchange)
gomizzouNov 23, 2020 10:51 PM
Nov 23, 2020 10:49 PM

Nov 2017
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): no limit
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): any kind of manga works
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): nope no particular dislike
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 45
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: nope
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Kuro007
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes (Gift Exchange)
Nov 23, 2020 10:56 PM

Jul 2019

No limit, but would prefer them to not be one-shots, and completed. I'm not sure if this category includes light novels, but I'm down for those too.

Likes (genres, demographics, themes):

Romance and/or comedy is what I usually read, but I'm feeling up for some seinen/action. Anything that's drawn well is good in my book, and the most important part for me is if the story/characters are really well written.

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):

Yaoi/yuri, semi- or full on incest love

I'm an English reader so if you could provide a link to where to read it online in my language it would be very much appreciated!

Preferably not.

Yes

Link to manga list:

https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/VolatileSmile

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:

Gift Exchange!
Nov 23, 2020 11:22 PM
Apr 2020
Min-Max length (volumes): None, doesn't even have to be completed
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Battle / Adventure Shounen (as long as the story is good, not a huge fan of super action-heavy manga), Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Ecchi if its too annoying
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): no
Number of Completed entries on your manga list:1 (Most of my stuff is publishing and just got into manga)
Does your list include everything you've read?: (No, Webtoons and other stuff not on mal)
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Evilhunger?
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 23, 2020 11:28 PM

May 2020
Min-Max length (volumes): No limit but it must be completed and fully translated (Official or Scanlations). I'd prefer if it wasn't too short.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Favourite genres are Sci-Fi, Comedy, Slice-of-Life, Mystery, Thriller and Action. Romance is also very welcome (good Shoujo/Shounen Ai & Yaoi/Yuri romances are also welcome). These are just what I really like but feel free to recommend anything that doesn't fall into these genres. Manhwa, Webcomics & Manhua are also welcome.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Harem or very fanservice-heavy manga. There are a few exceptions but in general I try to avoid Ecchi & Hentai manga unless they have very good stories and characters. Incest stories, stories with sexual assault and romances with large age-gaps are also a no-no.
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Just make sure it's available online for free.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No. I'd like to get something I haven't seen before. But I do realize my PTW list is huge, so feel free to recommend something in the PTW list if and only if you have absolutely no other recommendations to give.
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 132
Link to manga list: My Manga List
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes. I'd like to recommend something to someone else.
TitanInsaneDec 16, 2020 5:21 AM
Nov 24, 2020 12:13 AM
Oct 2020
Min-Max length (volumes): 150-200 chapters is max.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Really anything tbh, I haven't seen any manga yet.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): /
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): /
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 1
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Wask
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes I can create a gift too.
Nov 24, 2020 12:14 AM

Oct 2019
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): Any length
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Psychological, thriller, pretty much anything my list doesn't have much on it but it gives a general direction.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Don't like many shounen manga.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 7 (not all included)
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: nooo not at all but its ok if you suggest me something i've read that's not on my list i will reread because if its not on my list I read it a long time ago
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Nyanlights?status=7
Nov 24, 2020 12:19 AM

Jan 2020

Minimum length: None. It can even be a one-shot.

Maximum length: I don't read long manga that much, so something less than or equal to 150 chapters in length would be great.

Genres: With a few exceptions (which I'll list in 'Dislikes'), any genre is fine. Bonus points if the manga contains any of these genres – Romance, Slice of Life, Drama, Comedy, Psychological.

Demographics: All of them. I don't mind any demographics.

Themes: The manga shouldn't be entirely comprised of dark/saddening/pessimistic topics. I don't usually avoid this kind of themes, but right now, I want to read manga that are at least somewhat light-hearted. Horror is acceptable, however, if it isn't all about being really gorey and gruesome. Something like Another would be great.

Genres:

1. Dementia. I don't dislike Dementia in general, but I just think most of the genre is really disturbing in a bad way.

2. Yaoi

3. Kids

4. Shounen Ai. I don't mind Shounen Ai, but it's not really my thing. I do want get into the genre in the future, though.

5. Cars (Same as Shounen Ai)

6. Sports (Same as Shounen Ai)

Demographics: None. I don't dislike any demographics at all.

Themes: As I said earlier, as long as the manga doesn't entirely focus on heavy themes, I don't have any issues with it. And if it's horror, it shouldn't be extremely grotesque. As an example, avoid anything that is similar to the works of Junji Ito AND especially anything that is even remotely ero guro. I just don't want to read anything related to ero guro.

— It's not necessary for the manga to have physical copies, but it should at least be available online with proper English scanlations. It would be better if the manga is listed on MAL too.

— Yes, it can.

— 81

— Yes, it does.

Link to manga list:

My manga list

— Gift Exchange, of course. I want to give a gift to my Santa as well ^_^
IrrelevantGuyNov 24, 2020 9:12 PM
Nov 24, 2020 12:21 AM
Jul 2020
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): any lenght is ok
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Comedy, Shonen, Horror, Slice of Life, Sci-Fi
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 7
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/KuriGohanCeleb17
Nov 24, 2020 12:55 AM
Oct 2017

Min-Max length (volumes): 1-3
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): yaoi,Shounen Ai,Romance,Slice of Life
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Sci-Fi Horror Sports Shoujo Ai Space yuri
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 1,243
Does your list include everything you've read?: No
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kiv7?status=2
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift
Nov 24, 2020 1:08 AM
Mar 2017
Min-Max length (volumes): Preferably completed but anything is fine
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Mystery, psychological, gore, wholesome fluff, cute things/animals (Probably mostly looking for mystery but anything goes as long as it's not my dislikes)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Excessive ecchi or drama, harem, manhua, wimpy mc (it's fine if they develop and change)
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 169
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Phanuel
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift exchange, I'll do my best haha
Nov 24, 2020 1:46 AM
Apr 2018
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): The more chapters the merrier!
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance as main genre or at least sub genre.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Mecha and Magic Girl ;(
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Nope!
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yep!
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 6 x) i;m pretty new to manga so there's a lot i don't know about!
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes, my on-hold list is also complete but i'm just waiting for more chapters to release :)
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/YuMingLiLi
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes! I hope I can find something someone will enjoy ^_^
Nov 24, 2020 1:55 AM

Jul 2020
Above 100 chapters
Dementia,thriller,mystery,violence,shounen.

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Mangas that haven't been adapted to anime yet.
Yaoi,yuri,shounen ai,shoujo ai,sports.Don't recommend me mainstream manga.

No

No

Nope because I just started reading manga and I'm looking forward to read more.

Link to manga list:
https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Scordolo?status=7

Elf gift

ScordoloNov 25, 2020 6:13 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 24, 2020 1:55 AM
Sep 2020
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): doesn't matter
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): doesn't matter
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): no dislikes
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): no restriction
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): it can
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 1
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Dey9
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: i only want to receive, I haven't read enough
Nov 24, 2020 2:02 AM
Oct 2020
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): I don't mind, preferably completed
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like a tearjerker type thing, but also medieval and fantasy. Also out of the world type stuff like Made in Abyss.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): * Cringey and super depressing, I don't like super romantic ones but don't mind it being a subplot. Also, I prefer more lowkey stuff, and not super popular but if it's really good I'd read it
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 0
❅ Link to manga list:https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/scottytheguy
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I only want to receive
Nov 24, 2020 2:08 AM

Mar 2018
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): The amount doesn't really matter.

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm up for anything really. A specific genre doesn't really matter much. Having said that, one of my fav genres is fanatasy. Another genre I really like is comedy, but it is a double edged sword. Basically I either find comedy anime 10/10 or bad xD.

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I dislike animes where the villain is just bad because he is the villain. Basically when they don't really have a cause. The same can be said to any character in a show, but I notice it a lot more among villians.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes, but don't have a lot there :P.

❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 1 (actually 2) ( Also most of the stuff I read are all still ongoing)

❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: No, far from it (Webtoon and other manga that is not added yet)

❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Trondle

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, Gift Exchange

:D
Nov 24, 2020 2:25 AM
Aug 2020
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): any will do
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): any genre except the ones I mentioned in my dislikes
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): anything that has intense level of spookiness
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): none
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes it can be
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 3
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Christiansuplido
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: sorry guys but I'll go for Elf gift this year since I just got started in reading manga, I'll try to do gift exchange next year
Nov 24, 2020 2:41 AM
Mar 2015
Min-Max length (volumes): I'd prefer it to be more than 1 volume and less than 300 chapters. Anything is good as long as it's completed. I don't really care about the length as long as it's really good.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I guess one or more of these: psychological, philosophical, has symbolism, "alternative"/"underground". It can also be something that isn't one of these as long as it's really good, but these are what I like the most. I'd prefer if it's a less known manga so I can getto know something new :)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Ecchi/typical shounen. I'm also not into manhwa/manuha/webtoons at all.
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): as long as it's fully available in English, I don't really care(?)
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): I'd prefer if it wouldn't, but if it's less known (3000 members or less?) and a must-read, I guess having a good recommandation might help me get into it :) (if it's popular, then probably I've read a lot of recommendations, so it might not help).
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 36
Does your list include everything you've read?: No, sadly there are some manga that aren't on MAL.
Link to manga list: Link
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange!
Nov 24, 2020 2:42 AM

Aug 2020
Min-Max length (volumes): No limits, but has to be completed & fully translated
• I'm fine with anything except yuri, ecchi (if it's overused), harem and military
• Would like a unique plot and something that will keep me interested
• Feel free to recommend Manhwa/Manhua/Webtoons (ones unavailable on MAL are also accepted)
• Nothing from Top 200
• I love yaoi/shounen ai but I have enough on my PTR list so I don't need any
• Mangas like Berserk
• Typical manga
• I don't want manga with anime adaptations
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 290
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes (at least everything available on MAL)
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Haru_707
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I haven't seen a lot of manga besides yaoi/shounen ai but I'll try (Gift Exchange)
Haru_707Dec 1, 2020 6:56 AM

forum set by bunnyama
Nov 24, 2020 2:52 AM
Mar 2019
Min-Max length: Less than 20~ish.
Likes: Romance but anything is fine. If your can find a title that takes place during fall or winter for that Christmas vibe that would be perfect.
Dislikes: Smut and painful drama(Like "I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home." or "The Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose!").
Any availability restrictions?: No.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list?: Sure.
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 82
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes.
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/JacobPJ
Will you create a gift for another user or do you only want to receive: Gift Exchange.
Nov 24, 2020 3:40 AM

May 2016
❅ No minimum!
❅ I prefer shorter stuff, but I'm not massively picky
❅ Preferably completed, please

❅ BL is pretty much all I read, so anything quality there would be awesome!
❅ Bonus points for omegaverse or manly bottoms
❅ I'm also open to Historical and/or supernatural shoujo/josei
❅ Feel free to recommend me anything you'll think I'll enjoy!

❅ Themes such as hyper-sexualised child-like characters, pedophilia, incest, sexual assault etc. - consider the context please. I'm fine if the manga is portraying it is a negative light (e.g psychological, horror etc.), but not in a comedic or light-hearted way.

❅ Must be available scanlated in English somewhere online

❅ Of course!

❅ 171

❅ Unfortunately, no - since MAL is missing a lot of BL
❅ Check here for manga I've read but are not available on MAL
❅ In case you want to rec webcomics (wink wink nudge nudge), check out my dedicated Anime-Planet account here

Link to manga list:
Here!

❅ I'll make a gift! That's the fun part~

forum set by k3ti
Nov 24, 2020 3:50 AM
Sep 2019
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): No limit
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Anything is fine
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): * Intense repeated Yaoi
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Must available online and also should not have an adaptation
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 44
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tokimedotozu?status=2
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:Exchange
Nov 24, 2020 3:54 AM

Sep 2019
Min-Max length (volumes): No limit, but should be completed.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance, Action, Shoujo, BL, Shounen, Comedy, Fantasy, Isekai. feel free to recommend me webtoons that aren't available on MAL
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Mech, Bad ending, Harem, Ecchi(focus), Disturbing plot,
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): no
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 11 Reading 7
Does your list include everything you've read?: No (Webtoon and other manga that is not added yet) but there aren't that many.
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ravlee
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: gift exchange , sharing is caring
Nov 24, 2020 3:55 AM

May 2018
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): no min. but something less than 30 volumes if possible
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): seinen and josei manga that's aimed at an older demographic are preferred but pretty much anything someone else finds interesting I'm ready to take a good look at
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): anything with a bigger focus on ecchi content
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): none
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 102
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Nysse
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange, I love the giving and receiving aspect owo
Nov 24, 2020 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): Pretty much anything, but nothing too big, if its above like 300 chaps there is a very low chance that I will fully read it, because i can't commit to something of that length.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Horror ( Depends on what kind-Think more Junji Ito, Supernatural, Psychological, Seinen, I very much prefer something that has great characters, I feel like characters can make a semi okay story be much better, if you're chars are complex, interesting and well deep, they can singlehandedly save a story that seems basic.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Hentai, Ecchi, Super boring themes or lack there of, no character development, No complex exploration of its characters.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: about 10
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Cerber106
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, I'll try to

Edit:

Please don't recommend me something that is like from the top 100, or even for that, top 200, there is a very high chance that I have heard of it and just didn't add it to my plan to watch list, but if you do plan to recommend something like that, do be sure to properly articulate why you would like me to try it out, why you think its amazing and a good read!
Cerber_Nov 24, 2020 4:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2020
Min-Max length: 3-20 volumes
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shonen, romance, seinen, comedy. I like wholesome stories and stories with a bad ending. I'm also looking for a story where you follow the villain instead of the good guys.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Shojo
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 10
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Itsjustmylo
Will you create a gift for another user or do you only want to receive?: I will create a gift
Nov 24, 2020 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): No max/min length, but if it's just 1 volume it has to be GOOD
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): BL, beautiful/unique art style, age gap, slow romantic build, preferably with x rated scenes but can be shounen ai if plot is good, willing to branch into josei manga
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): ridiculous plot lines, only about sex, fast moving plot
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): None
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes, can also be from 'currently reading' that was never finished (due to still publishing at the time), or very behind on recent chapters
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 447
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: Mostly everything minus missing MAL entries
❅ Link to manga list: scary BL place
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Will do gift exchange if for BL recommendations
Nov 24, 2020 6:01 AM

Apr 2017
Min-Max length (volumes): Nope
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I believe that what matters most is the mind behind the work, all genres allow for that expressions. Going in detail I'd prefer a drama series, and not comedy centered. I like shows that give a sense of emotional depth, imply an internat struggle that feels nostalgic in a way. Shows that give a sense of greatness. Maybe with a narrative with a wide scope but focused ones work as well.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Nothing really
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 4 (shameful display)
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yep
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Kuraya

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Nov 24, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
Min-Max length (volumes): No limit whatsoever.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Seinen is my favourite genre. Everything with mature themes is welcome. Also, the art style is kind of important, I appreciate good art.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Ecchi, parodies, harem... also, "childish-like art" really turns me off. Heroines are fine as long as they are not loud, stupid&histeric girls. This is also valid for males. I can overlook this if the characters go under some kind of character development.
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): No restrictions.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes, I may be oblivious to some hidden gems there.
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 54
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes, except some webtoons that are not available on MAL.
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/sevencat
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange.

x I'm always up for good seinen/mature manga/anime recommendations that I'm still yet to read/watch.
x My Dragon Cave scroll;

Nov 24, 2020 7:20 AM
トビアス

Aug 2019
Min-Max length (volumes): Anything below 400 chapters I guess
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Some good Romance or good Action / Shounen is always nice
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): hmmmmmm, I don't really like Sports and Mecha I'd say
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): No.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes (even from Reading (as long as I have 0 chapters read)
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 2... (I'M SORRY, OKAY)
Does your list include everything you've read?: yes
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/GanSan
GanSanNov 24, 2020 7:24 AM
Nov 24, 2020 7:20 AM

Jul 2016
Min-Max length (volumes): 1 to ~12 Don't let this restrict you too much. If you find something with a few more volumes that you think I'd like, go for it.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Only recommend finished manga, please. I'm open to anything not listed under dislikes. My favorites are: Romantic Comedy, Shoujo Ai, Ecchi
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Time-Travel, Dementia, Sports, Shoujo, Josei, Shounen Ai
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): availabe in english or german
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 57
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/extremeplant
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift
Thank you!!

Nov 24, 2020 7:26 AM
Jun 2020
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): any
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm reading To Your Eternity at the moment, so anything like that really. those kind of genres. - but can be anything really...
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): nothing bad, something that isn't in the top 50 or so. I don't want something that has an anime that I've seen.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 1 and I'm pretty caught up with fumetsu no anata e.
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: yeah
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ree_Pice
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf gift, only because I haven't read much
Ree_PiceNov 26, 2020 2:04 PM
Nov 24, 2020 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
Min-Max length (volumes): 1-10
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): something cool and mysterious, preferably seinen but it can be shonen too
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): no lolis, no harem, no popular stuff or rated above 8.6
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): english translation
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): no
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 183
Does your list include everything you've read?: yes
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Catalano?status=2
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I want to create a gift too
Nov 24, 2020 7:47 AM
Feb 2017
Min-Max length (volumes): completed, nothing over 20ish vols (I'm broke)
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): smut, romance , yaoi, murder mystery, depressing manga
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): harems, horror, fantasy magic stuff, sports
❅ Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): physical copies only plz
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 3
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: yes but (incurable case of love)
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/3llen
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: yes (Gift exchange)
Nov 24, 2020 7:49 AM
Jun 2012
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): the longer the better!
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): isekai; fantasy; maybe romance; smth like world building is super fun :); rpg or game like is awesome; strong female/male lead
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): ecchi is a no-go; too much mystery; I would rather not harem bur reverse harem is accepptable
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 0
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: no (I don't use manga list sry)
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Black_Shadow
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: will create!

I would really appreciate if you know of some hidden gem isekai or fantasy with strong female lead (maybe smth like rpg style) but I mention that I have probably read most of what is available online so anything not that famous fantasy with smth like world-building or society building like Re:Monster or Isekai Nonbiri Nouka; it can also just be a really good fantasy that you recommend -> anything that has magic or monsters; it can either be set in modern world or not; fantasy monsters are the way to go if you can't find anything matching the description above :)
Nov 24, 2020 7:50 AM
May 2018
[b]Min-Max length (volumes): no limit, can also be ongoing
[b]Likes (genres, demographics, themes): good art, action, fantasy, shounen, slightly ecchi
[b]Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): yaoi, bad art, excessive ecchi
[b]Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): nah
[b]Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes, its not even that long
[b]Number of Completed entries on your manga list:[/6]
[b]Does your list include everything you've read?: as far as I know
[b]Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Owl-san?status=7
[b]Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes (Gift Exchange)
Nov 24, 2020 8:22 AM

Oct 2019
Min-Max length (volumes): No limit
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Everything except Yaoi
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): Online
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Doesn't matter
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 18
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Chro0oIsAWeeb
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Exchange
I see dead people
Nov 24, 2020 8:35 AM
Aug 2014
Min-Max length (volumes): At least 4 volumes.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shoujo romance only. Whatever your recommendation is, please convince me as to why you think it's good. Must be a manga (so no manhwa or manhua).
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Anything that's not Shoujo romance.
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): No restrictions.
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 74
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/glowstonetrees
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes (Gift Exchange)
Nov 24, 2020 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Min-Max length (volumes): should be Completed
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Yuri, Yuri, Hentai (with a plot), Horror, Disturbing Plot, NTR, slice of life (tragic ones)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi, Harem, Action(except for that on bed), basically anything other than my Likes
Any availability restrictions? (e.g. must have printed/physical copies): no restrictions but if you could tell your source, that would be help
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): Yes but only from the Likes above
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 10
Does your list include everything you've read?: I think yeah, except for manhwa
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/naughtysensei69
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift (haven't read enough to recommend someone)
Nov 24, 2020 8:48 AM
May 2014
❅ Min-Max length (volumes): approx. 15-20 volumes
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Seinen, Sci-fi, comedy, Slice of life, Martial arts, philosophical/deep themes
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Harem, Too long shonen series, romance
❅ Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 43
❅ Does your list include everything you've read?: No
❅ Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Junichi_kun94
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

20 by BUTHO »»
3 hours ago

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

15 by emprizzko »»
Yesterday, 8:43 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.