Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 22, 2020 11:17 AM
Sep 2016
charliechuckle said:
Honestly, that Black Minatore was a noob;

You don't show up to a raid without a healer, geez. He had so much potential. Imagine if a raid of stupid humans went down to the bottom of the dungeon. They would all die. This is equivalent to what the monsters are doing. In addition, none of their sacrifices helped at all.

However, that black minatore fight was legendary. He could easily 1 vs 1 beat any of those humans. Imagine if that guy had a party or a raid. He should just straight up form a guild and demand equal rights as adventurers.

Asterius got there to save his fellow Xenos, so he didnt had much options. Also, he isnt dead.

jaisan said:
good episode but also glad this arc is over. ending was kind cheesy too.

The arc isnt over. The Xenos arc will cover all of Season 3.
Nov 22, 2020 12:05 PM
Jun 2014
Be xenos and dont say a single word to any humans, effectively make themselves look like regular monsters with weapons. Dumbass way to continue the confusion from the writer. And its about time Bell becomes more assertive. He stands by his decision, but he looks like a pathetic wimp anyway.
Nov 22, 2020 6:33 PM

Oct 2014
virquilium said:
well, that was stupid. this show continues to spiral down the abyss of trash writing.
It sure is, all this forced/unearned sentimentality along with these terrible setups and payoffs. I liked S1 but ever since the spin-off and continuing seasons it's just been a shit show.
It's Morbin' Time!
Nov 22, 2020 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
Wiene died and should've stayed dead.
Nov 23, 2020 1:55 AM

Mar 2020
"Its my prey" , well worded enough to not get you into trouble
also
give me back my tears too
Mage saying he saved Wiene while he knows he actually failed and it was a "miracle" that she came back , still i wonder why every season leaves us with 12eps , its almost over ???
Nov 23, 2020 5:12 AM

Nov 2016
For the standards of this series, this really has been the best arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2020 9:00 AM
Jan 2016
I'm in awe with this episode. For me, this is the best and most intense episode of Danmachi, yeah from season 1 until 3 this is the best for me. The intensity from the beginning, Ais vs Black Minotaur, and then Wiene's death scene, almost makes me cry hahaha...maybe because the theme of this season "NAIVE", yeah just one word...in the real life "naive" people is always bullied too, they say that they're stupid, why choose the difficult way, your life is to straight like a log pipe, and something like that, but you never know how precious those people are...great episode...
Nov 23, 2020 6:26 PM

Oct 2008
Deymn Glorious episode! CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!
5/5!

Nov 23, 2020 6:28 PM

Mar 2019
Rate this Episode 5of5 is a Joke...

100 of 5.... This season hasnt been what we expected, But... this Episode went far beyond from Awesome.

Almost like the First Season.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 23, 2020 6:48 PM
Mar 2014
Great episode. Asterius was such a great fighter, I loved it. It was great to see him keep pace with Loki familia members and Ais. I think Ais catching him off guard was sad and would've liked to have seen a 1v1 straight up fight with no early surprise but surprises are part of the game. The fact that he kept pace after that is mad impressive. I was hoping to see more fights, but this was probably one of the better episodes in recent memory.

Having said that, I was less than satisfied at the ending. Keep Weine dead. No need to revive her. It was obvious to the Xenos that he was trying his best to save her so it would've been great character development and keep the moment emotional. Sadly, they wanted it to end on a happy note.
Nov 23, 2020 9:46 PM
Dec 2017
Siegfried10 said:
charliechuckle said:
Honestly, that Black Minatore was a noob;

You don't show up to a raid without a healer, geez. He had so much potential. Imagine if a raid of stupid humans went down to the bottom of the dungeon. They would all die. This is equivalent to what the monsters are doing. In addition, none of their sacrifices helped at all.

However, that black minatore fight was legendary. He could easily 1 vs 1 beat any of those humans. Imagine if that guy had a party or a raid. He should just straight up form a guild and demand equal rights as adventurers.

Asterius got there to save his fellow Xenos, so he didnt had much options. Also, he isnt dead.

jaisan said:
good episode but also glad this arc is over. ending was kind cheesy too.

I never said Black Minatore died, but many did die. I understand that death is not permanent for these monsters; but they did waste their time getting slaughtered for almost no reason. If I was a monster, or if any monster had any common sense; then they would work hard as hell to level up ASAP. Just like any hardcore gamer, find a party and grind the fuck out of it to get the best gear; because your competition is doing the same. If you don't, then you are just dead meat.

Some people might say, "it's just a game." Then why do these bitches whine so much?
Nov 24, 2020 4:02 AM
Sep 2016
charliechuckle said:
Siegfried10 said:

I never said Black Minatore died, but many did die. I understand that death is not permanent for these monsters; but they did waste their time getting slaughtered for almost no reason. If I was a monster, or if any monster had any common sense; then they would work hard as hell to level up ASAP. Just like any hardcore gamer, find a party and grind the fuck out of it to get the best gear; because your competition is doing the same. If you don't, then you are just dead meat.

Some people might say, "it's just a game." Then why do these bitches whine so much?

None of the Xenos died, Loki Familia was trying to capture them alive.

Monsters become stronger by eating other monsters magic stones, but growing stronger isnt easy when you have adventurers and regular monsters against you in the Dungeon. They have become stronger than regular members of their species though, just that Asteius is a special case.
Nov 24, 2020 10:08 AM
Mar 2018
Awesome episode, I'm glad that Wiene is alive.
Nov 24, 2020 11:00 AM
Dec 2017
Siegfried10 said:
charliechuckle said:

Monsters become stronger by eating other monsters magic stones, but growing stronger isnt easy when you have adventurers and regular monsters against you in the Dungeon. They have become stronger than regular members of their species though, just that Asteius is a special case.

Going to the surface doesn't mean you will be safe when the "Loki Family" won't kill you. There were many other non-Loki Family fighters. I'm pretty sure Weine died and was revived at the end.

Your logic is like this: because they don't show adventurers dying in the dungeon, means there were no deaths in the dungeons. If nobody died, then why is everyone bitching, crying, and so emotional about everything?
Nov 24, 2020 2:09 PM

Sep 2020
I'm sorry but this Arc is just not it.
The title of the anime is Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon.
There is NONE of that in this arc.
When Wiene died, I thought this would be a good twist for this Anime. Many anime have the main character not able to save someone and becoming stronger.
And then they just revived her in 2 minutes. Bruh
Need more Hestia.
Nov 24, 2020 3:06 PM
Sep 2016
charliechuckle said:
Siegfried10 said:

Going to the surface doesn't mean you will be safe when the "Loki Family" won't kill you. There were many other non-Loki Family fighters. I'm pretty sure Weine died and was revived at the end.

Your logic is like this: because they don't show adventurers dying in the dungeon, means there were no deaths in the dungeons. If nobody died, then why is everyone bitching, crying, and so emotional about everything?

All the Xenos appeared where Loki Familia was and got defeated by them, after that Hermes Familia helped them escape. Regular adventurers were only trying to kill Wiene.
Nov 25, 2020 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
Oh shit Bell attacked people what the hell man. He's gonna get excommunicated for that kinda shit he pulled. I will admit though, it's admirable how he stays true to his words. Like if he's decided on something, against all odds, he's gonna do his best to see it through the end. That's exactly what happened with Haruhime in the previous season lol
Nov 25, 2020 5:58 PM
Dec 2017
Siegfried10 said:

All the Xenos appeared where Loki Familia was and got defeated by them, after that Hermes Familia helped them escape. Regular adventurers were only trying to kill Wiene.

Somehow, it sounds like you are claiming Xenos had zero chance of dying. That is a lie. They had a very high chance of dying. It was actually, plot armor that saved their lives. If not for plot armor, they would have been Harambe'd.

You claimed no Xenos died, and I disproved your claim. Why is this a debate?
Wiene is Xenos, and Wiene was killed by regular adventurers.
Nov 25, 2020 9:48 PM

Mar 2018
virquilium said:
well, that was stupid. this show continues to spiral down the abyss of trash writing.

Yep. You're totally right. I guess they have some good ideas but the execution and story telling is utter crap.
Nov 25, 2020 10:14 PM

Mar 2018
Glad they brought back Wiene. She is the only good thing about this pathetic arc and season 3 in general.
Nov 26, 2020 4:04 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, Arterius got the Amazon duo into trouble, and finally I got to see Ais in action again
Nov 26, 2020 4:08 AM

Jun 2019
This season has taken a while to get going. The first few episodes were probably my least favourite of the entire franchise, i just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the Dix tribe and their cruel treatment of the Xenos guys.

This season has definitely taken a turn for the darker & I'm still trying to figure out if i like the new path this show is going in. I've heard from manga readers that the tale only gets darker from now on. I tend to like light hearted fantasy stories, but if there's no drama then it can turn into a SoL pretty soon.

I'm certainly interested in seeing where this series goes in the future. I quite liked S2 Sword Oratoria, which focused more on the team dynamics and some adventuring in the dungeon.

So glad Dix got smashed by that Minotaur.
Nov 26, 2020 4:57 AM
Sep 2016
charliechuckle said:
Siegfried10 said:

Somehow, it sounds like you are claiming Xenos had zero chance of dying. That is a lie. They had a very high chance of dying. It was actually, plot armor that saved their lives. If not for plot armor, they would have been Harambe'd.

You claimed no Xenos died, and I disproved your claim. Why is this a debate?
Wiene is Xenos, and Wiene was killed by regular adventurers.

Xenos did have a chance of dying but it wasnt supposed to be that high. Most of the Xenos are around Level 3-5, so they could have dealed with regular adventurers (who most are around Level 1-2), rescue Wiene and escape in time. They were saved by plot armor, but they were also fucked by plot in the first place. Loki Familia executives waiting in Daedalus Street was the pinacle of bad luck to them.

You were initially claiming that many Xenos, not just Wiene, died, which is false. Thats what i was debating with you.
Nov 26, 2020 5:37 AM

Sep 2020
Maruseru93 said:
asterius is truly a monster and if ais dindnt had the element of suprise she would have suffered a way more terrible injure cuz asterius is fucking lv 7 of course only because

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.

Wait I thought Bell killed him.
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Nov 26, 2020 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
I thought Wiene died lol, Dix deserved that I didn't expect that minotaur to be really strong lol.
Nov 26, 2020 12:04 PM

Mar 2010
I forgot resurrection magic was a thing. I honestly was glad wiene died and was like thank god that crying little bitch died she was so useless. Also would serve to bell as a good reminder of how much of a fucking loser he is. Belle needs to man up to his bs and stop being a little pussy.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 26, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
I am confused as to where the fuck the hypocrisy thing came?

Did I miss something?
Nov 26, 2020 2:58 PM
Nov 2020
Comander-07 said:
Just when I thought this show grew some balls and let Wiene die, they revive her. Like someone before me already said, this could have been a crucial moment for character developement but hey who needs consequences.

Im the fool for expecting more from a fundamentally mediocre show.

You can have character development without the story catering to edgelord fans. Seriously, people glorify the fuck out of characters dying in the story when they don't even know how that shit even works.

ssjokg said:

Did I miss something?

Monster kills people
Adventurers are meant to protect people from monsters
Not the other way around. Bell therefore can't call himself an adventurer because that's contradictory to their role in society.
AnimattesNov 26, 2020 3:12 PM
Nov 26, 2020 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
Animattes said:
Comander-07 said:
Just when I thought this show grew some balls and let Wiene die, they revive her. Like someone before me already said, this could have been a crucial moment for character developement but hey who needs consequences.

You can have character development without the story catering to edgelord fans. Seriously, people glorify the fuck out of characters dying in the story when they don't even know how that shit even works.

ssjokg said:

Did I miss something?

Monster kills people
Not the other way around. Bell therefore can't call himself an adventurer because that's contradictory to their role in society.

Thanks.

Seems like the anime should have tried to make Bell care about the role of an adventurer before Dix said anything.

Seeing him so out of it from Dix's words seemed stupid. And why should he care about what a piece of shit said anyway?
Nov 26, 2020 3:49 PM
Nov 2020
ssjokg said:
Animattes said:

Monster kills people

Thanks.

Seems like the anime should have tried to make Bell care about the role of an adventurer before Dix said anything.

Seeing him so out of it from Dix's words seemed stupid. And why should he care about what a piece of shit said anyway?

Np. Also remember that adventurers themselves benefit from the death of monsters by collecting their jewels, which are used to power lights and other tools commonly used in orario. I know dix should've mention this instead of it being vague in the anime, but that's what the narrative is in the LN. Why is bell criticizing dix for doing what everybody else is doing; which is killing monsters for humanity's own gain, something that bell himself isn't completely innocent of either.
Nov 26, 2020 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
Animattes said:
ssjokg said:

Thanks.

Np. Also remember that adventurers themselves benefit from the death of monsters by collecting their jewels, which are used to power lights and other tools commonly used in orario. I know dix should've mention this instead of it being vague in the anime, but that's what the narrative is in the LN. Why is bell criticizing dix for doing what everybody else is doing; which is killing monsters for humanity's own gain, something that bell himself isn't completely innocent of either.

Isnt that completely irrelevant? Lyd himself told Bell to not worry about killing non Xenos monsters.

I dont see why Bell should care about Dix's words when the Xenos arent like the rest.There is no hypocrisy in that. Bell's only response should be "Are you retarded?" and move on. By Lyd's own words Bell is innocent.

Nov 26, 2020 5:44 PM
Nov 2020
ssjokg said:
Animattes said:

Isnt that completely irrelevant? Lyd himself told Bell to not worry about killing non Xenos monsters.

I dont see why Bell should care about Dix's words when the Xenos arent like the rest.There is no hypocrisy in that. Bell's only response should be "Are you retarded?" and move on. By Lyd's own words Bell is innocent.

Doesn't change the fact that bell still has to support a structure that benefits from stigmatizing monsters regardless if they're xenos or not. The economy of the world demands this. I'm not going to go in further because it's spoiler territory at this point. It's just that Bell is willing to live with the discomfort of such contradiction.
Nov 26, 2020 6:15 PM

Aug 2009
Animattes said:
ssjokg said:

Doesn't change the fact that bell still has to support a structure that benefits from stigmatizing monsters regardless if they're xenos or not. The economy of the world demands this. I'm not going to go in further because it's spoiler territory at this point. It's just that Bell is willing to live with the discomfort of such contradiction.
Only if that structure doesnt change for the xenos later.

It is a totally different matter to what was happening.

Nov 26, 2020 11:48 PM

Sep 2014
Animattes said:
Comander-07 said:

ssjokg said:

Did I miss something?

Monster kills people
having no consequences because some miracles makes stories overall worse
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 27, 2020 8:06 AM
Apr 2018
Wtf... That really ruined the episode WTF was that, this author is a coward omg...
Ok
Nov 27, 2020 10:14 AM
Nov 2020

Comander-07 said:
Animattes said:

Monster kills people
having no consequences because some miracles makes stories overall worse

Can you tell me what decisions bell has made in s3 so far that haven't had any form of consequences? Unless your interpretation of consequences only narrows down to characters dying, which is a very poor way to approach critiquing stories and analyzing characters.
Nov 27, 2020 7:33 PM
Nov 2020
Very good movie, semoga tetap ada season2 anime ini berikutnya
Nov 28, 2020 5:39 AM

Oct 2014
Wiene's fake out death scene is pretty much the defining point of the season for me, and not in a good way. It exemplifies that there are no real stakes for the main characters. Any negative outcome is immediately rolled back (Lili, Haruhime, Wiene).

Having Wiene die and then be resurrected -could- have worked, if handled differently. VERY differently.
The issue isn't really that she was revived, but the way it happened. Having it happen IMMEDIATELY after undercuts the gravity of the event and cheapens it.

Not having read the novels I predict that even Bell turning himself into a pariah is going to be exactly what he needed to do with no proper consequences to it. You can even see it going in that direction in the scene with Eina. Yeah, she slapped him, but immediately after she reaffirms that she is still supportive of him.

So yeah, unless the remaining episodes are absolutely incredible, that one moment dragged down the entire season.
Nov 29, 2020 1:58 AM
Oct 2017
I legit teared up when the insert song came up... Sajou no Hana really can make my heart ache as Mob Psycho did.... Best episode so far...

Also Fels best girl
Dec 7, 2020 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
Dix ended up dying pretty much like Shinji in F/SN's first route: crushed against a wall like an insect by a berserker-like beast. Quite satisfying but not as much as seeing Bete; Tiona and Tione getting their asses kicked by said beast. Asterius has definitely become a favorite of mine after such performance.

Overall, solid episode for the most part. Narratively, it took a different path from what I expected since the approach here was more action oriented but guess next episodes will be the ones to deal with the aftermath of Bell's actions.

As for Wiene reviving due to the magic of plot Fels, I don't know what to think about that. Her death would have been a great catalyst for Bell to develop a more cynical and realistic view of the world but of course, we can't have one of his girls dying, can we? Anyways, at least the execution of her "death" was nicely handled and the addition of the insert song by sajou no hana was a nice touch as well.
SouthRzVaDec 7, 2020 10:56 PM
Dec 9, 2020 9:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wait, Wiene just came back like that? Fels has been trying to perfect this jutsu but how exactly did Bell's involvement make it work? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Execution of the death scene was so wonderfully handled and the insert song to compliment the scene was top-notch too. Amazing episode, to be frank, albeit with a little hiccup.

Be a fool, Bell. Be a fool. Surely more than a slap awaits though but Fels speech there was quite something honestly.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 10, 2020 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
This was the most dramatic scene I have seen in a while , it's definitely shoots up the anime in my list. I'm still a bit disappointed at how easily Dix was disposed of, but I guess that his purpose was really just to spark the drama in this arc.
Dec 16, 2020 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
Holy shit.... this episode made me cry. But I'm so glad that Weine is alright. Best episode so far.
Dec 20, 2020 6:56 PM

Aug 2017
Thanks Fels, you ruined the entire arc with that fucking stupid deus ex machina. Can't believe this bs. What's the purpose of a character death when they're going to be revived seconds later? 1/5
NurguburuDec 20, 2020 7:17 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 21, 2020 11:17 PM

Apr 2019
Oh she died... let's go bell character development?!! Nope she's back...

Dec 22, 2020 8:43 AM

Feb 2017
Through all three season up until now for me Danmachi has been way way too light-hearted as in the end we will surely live happily together no matter what, and because of that I mostly can't take the series too serious, but ep 7 and 8 finally changed that to some extend. When we saw Fine die I was actually glad that something new "not generic shit as always", and I was like FINALLY, just let her die (I don't dislike Fine, but it will make a darker impact to the story and Bell), but ofc everything as always ends up like a happy adventure by her being resurrected so they all can live happily together. Ain't a bad show at all, just too childish or plot armor for my taste.
Jan 5, 2021 11:26 AM
Jun 2017
You have to be kidding me!! the second half of this episode was such an insane ass pull, like you are building something up for multiple episodes and just waste it. Her dying really had impact and could have been used in so many interesting ways to further the plot. To then just pull a uno reverse card is almost insulting.
Jan 5, 2021 7:11 PM

Apr 2016
I think the previous episode rubbed me the wrong way. It gave off the impression that Bell was gonna be facing some deep troubles, like becoming universally hated. It turned out to be more of an action episode though, which isn't representative of what was seen last episode. I can't say I'm a fan of the large shift in mood.

Wow, they actually killed her off. The fate of being born a monster is a rough one.

EDIT: Okay so she was brought back to life?? What was the point of the entire second half of the episode then?
SensekiJan 5, 2021 7:19 PM
Jan 6, 2021 3:57 AM

May 2015
SUCH DRAMA! WiENE IS DEA...... NEVER MIND. I hate this bullshit plot.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 12, 2021 8:00 AM
Aug 2020
By far this eps was one of the best in the whole series of Danmachi, 2 emotional episodes in a row was a bit unexpected for me though. I legit shed tears when Wiene was saying her last words, i tried to hold back my tears but i just can't, it was so heartbreaking, and Wiene saying "I love you" was the moment i lost it, i stopped holding back my tears and bursted out immediately there.

Then, Wiene's resurrection was a bit... It kinda ruined the moment for me but i was happy for it too, but I was most likely overwhelmed by the happy emotion. I think Wiene's death was needed for the plot development and it would be the turning point of Bell's character development, he could've learned something from her death and develop into a better character. But even so I'm glad that she didn't die
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

119 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.