Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 15, 2020 10:14 AM
May 2017
Holy fuck Bell has some balls. Definitely one of best if not the best episode of whole danmachi series.
Nov 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, what an episode! I'm definitely sold on the villain now and the fights were really good. The intensity of the final scene has got me really hyped for the upcoming episodes. So far I daresay this season has been just as great as the first one, if not a little better. I'm also curious to see what that minotaur-looking monster is up to by not killing Ganesha's familia and only injuring them when it attacked.
Nov 15, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2020
boy this is getting really interesting , from what we see in the op we can guess the obvious 1v1 thats going to come , but seriously even the animation seems better
well played storyline
Nov 15, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
protecc the monster loli
Nov 15, 2020 4:45 PM

Jun 2017
Daaamn that cliffhanger was crazy.

What the heck, NOBODY moved an inch to help Bell deal with this crap? I thought his familia would rush there upon seeing Wiene but they just stayed in cover. I wonder if he will be able to reason with someone from the Loki familia but it seems like we are getting the Bell vs Ais fight hinted in the opening soon.
Nov 15, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2019
10 seconds before the Ending... 3.5 or 4 of 5....

After the Ending... 6 of 5...

Waiting for next episode...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 16, 2020 7:01 AM
Jul 2019
OH! Best episode of Danmachi yet! The fight, the tension, everything else was executed masterfully. The only Danmachi episode where I got this excited. So excited in fact that I want to read the novel. Bell's face at the end, he is really scared. Next episode is named after him, can't wait to see what will happen.
Nov 16, 2020 2:21 PM
Aug 2009
This show went the drain quickly, from the first season being an 8 to this season being a -10
Wao, that was beyond cringe and badly executed.
Nov 17, 2020 10:50 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
This season is sp sick compared to the previous ones, only thing I dislike is the lack of Hestia. :(
MeriuNov 17, 2020 10:53 AM
Nov 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
this is so messed-up!
wrong timing for Bell!
4/5.

Nov 19, 2020 8:42 PM

Oct 2017
That last scene hit me hard, Bell you madman. Atta boy Bell.

Looks like we are finally gonna see Bell vs Ais as shown in the op song.
Nov 20, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2014
Was really surprised to see Ryuu in such a bad shape.
Nov 20, 2020 7:46 PM
Jun 2014
This anime....This anime is getting so damn bad its insane. The writer just writes himself more and more into a corner. bell just gets tamer and tamer, worse and worse for each episodes that goes. Gets coerced, manipulated and just cannot fucking make up his own mind.. Like a child. But this development shit like this... It's overdone.. Simply seen it way too many times. There is no effect but annoyance. Just make him an assertive guy in the first place, not this uber beta shit which has a worthless streetrat throwing you commands xD

It's funny how the show tries to tell you that people are loyal to bell.. Yes, they might be loyal, but they DO NOT respect him. Especially not the street rat.
Nov 20, 2020 8:19 PM

Nov 2016
Tbh Loved the animation of Bell's face, I was able to know how he feels and how hard is for him to do that. Really loved that part and how was made.
Nov 24, 2020 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Man I know I've said that Bell annoys the shit out of me and he still does but now he's gonna fight Ais and her gang trying to protect Weiner and that's respectable. I don't think that makes him a hypocrite, not at all.
Nov 26, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2010
As they say its better to be a fool than to be hidings amongst the horde in a delusion of lies.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 5, 2020 3:32 PM

Jul 2016
As expected, Dix ended up being as one-dimensional as I predicted. Just another over-the-top villain who finds torturing intelligent monsters exciting because why not. They can talk and reason with others yet he keeps considering them mindless creatures despite finding pleasure in their pleas and cries and bla bla bla. His rambling about suffering from his bloodline was also rather laughable to hear... like "just kill yourself, dude. I don't care".

Overall, kinda meh episode except for the last few minutes with Loki familia entering this chaos. Bell has found his resolve about protecting Wiene from everyone and I respect him for that but trying to convince Ais and co. sure will be a pain in the ass.
SouthRzVaDec 5, 2020 3:38 PM
Dec 21, 2020 10:56 PM

Apr 2019
Bell vs Dix was pretty boring. Dix's ideals were super unrealistic and didn't have me interested. On the other hand, the ending scene. INTENSE! Need more like that for sure.

Jan 5, 2021 6:59 PM

Apr 2016
That Dix dude is very detached. I feel like I've seen his kind of character way too much in anime. Seeing Wiene's struggle to retain consciousness in her monster form was very emotional.

Well, it's the Loki Familia, and Bell's stance has been made clear. I hope the others from the Hestia familia support him. Onto the next ep.
Jan 6, 2021 3:33 AM

May 2015
No minotaur rape of adventurers girls. 0/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 12, 2021 7:06 AM
Aug 2020
I shed tears when Bell said "It's okay" while smiling towards Wiene, it was so heartwarming and emotional, the music playing at the background adds a lot too. The last scene where Bell choose to protect Wiene was expected but even tho it was really tense, i could even feel the tension of the atmosphere too like holy sh-
SinfulFateJan 12, 2021 7:10 AM
Jan 17, 2021 1:58 PM

Feb 2014
Oh no... Bell-kun is doubting himself again, and it is not like this happened on the first and second season, wow the author is so creative. /s
Jan 28, 2021 10:55 PM

Aug 2017
Without fail, in every season, I have wanted Bell to drop dead.

FrozenRaider said:
No minotaur rape of adventurers girls. 0/10.

Yeah that would have been awesome
Feb 6, 2021 7:41 PM
Oct 2019
Before reading anyone else's comments, I'm going to assume that people didn't like this episode. Idk why, exactly. Just a feeling I have

That said, I loved it. I liked it more than I've enjoyed the season as a whole. I enjoyed the backstory on this second/faux dungeon thing. And I liked that Bell actually has/had a decision to make. A choice that involves many witnesses and even another familia (including Wallenwhatshername). The fact that the Loki familia showed up in the first place (any familia, honestly) made the scene better. Had Bell just done his usual altruistic shtick without any consequences, it all would've been so lame.

"Bell...you truly are a fool" had me dying at the end. Thanks, Hermes haha
Mar 9, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
Ikelos laugh was my laugh at that part because it is getting more amusing Bell standing up to them to defend sentient monster cause they are ignorant fools that see even this monsters as monsters what can be more amusing then that in this series, i hope Bell's family will kicks some loki's family ass this season they deserve it
Sugram22Mar 9, 2021 12:00 PM
Jul 9, 2021 4:56 AM

May 2016
That Tarus was probably the friend that Lyd mentioned in previous episodes that beat Lyd and is now their leader. 6/5
Mar 14, 2022 5:33 PM

May 2008
Wow, Bell really got the snot beaten out of him! Loved this episode but I would have liked a bit more battle with Dix rather than exposition breaks.

One question though, how is he going to put that gem back on Weine if that's his plan... duct tape?
Apr 15, 2022 9:34 PM

Jan 2012
Rewatching this season in preparation for the next one that is upcoming, I'm really not understanding why the Vouivre's Tear being removed caused Wiene to transform like that. Does anyone have a more detailed explanation for that? I remember questioning it when it was airing but so much was going on otherwise I kind of brushed it aside.
Apr 16, 2022 9:14 AM

May 2020
So now Bell against everyone situation... won't say I didn't see it coming but still for once i guess i liked how he took it upon himself without cowering of Ais and her gang.
Jun 29, 2022 9:56 PM

Jan 2020
Dix's weapon causes bleeding eh? Well, he might be the most dangerous enemy to date, and he's a good two levels over Bell? All I can do is hope that Bell dies and then Lyd steps up and becomes the new MC.

Dix has a pretty well-done backstory and motivation. He's definitely a lot more interesting than Apollo and Ishtar was. I won't be upset if he manages to survive, it'd almost be a waste of a, much needed, good character to have him die off too quick.

Lyd to save the day because Bell sucks. Their combination was really fun to watch. Overall this was a good fight, probably the best the series has had so far. This season is surprisingly stepping it up.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 4, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2019
Dix and Ikalos actually make a very interesting villainous pair!

I'm also glad the fight in the labyrinth was not the true climax of the arc, because Bell standing up to the Loki familia really proves he'll stick to his ideals of being a hero.

Oct 14, 2022 11:45 PM

Nov 2020
Bell you're INSANE!! Bell may have the biggest balls in this series no cap
Nov 11, 2022 8:12 AM

Apr 2013
Eh, this episode was a bit too... generic for me. Too predictable and Bell is too boring of a protagonist to make this more interesting. He could just try to make a story up, like one of his comrades was turned into this monster or something, but instead he just says nothing and thus creates more drama.
Nov 14, 2022 7:03 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I definitely enjoyed the Dix fight here, I do feel that his monologuing kept him from an easy win on Bell because he was whooping ass but it was interesting and it made for some good big plot moments, like Wiene transforming and going crazy and then Bell somehow overturning the spell on the Xenos. I will say the way the Xenos magically started helping Bell after he said his piece was kinda silly, seemed kinda like an ass pull but I did enjoy Lyd and Bell fighting Dix together, that was a really cool scene.

And I’m kinda glad Dix escaped, mainly because he’s a really interesting villain and there’s still almost half the season left, tho I have a feeling either him or his companion are gonna run into that super beefed Minotaur, which would make sense with the place being called Knossos now that I think about it lol. Speaking of that Minotaur, holy shit the fact it could take on the Ganesha Familia and Ryu means it’s absolutely jacked. And lastly the final scene where the Loki Familia suddenly appeared and Bell decided to defend Wiene was really good, you could see the man’s mental state all over his face, probably one of my favorite scenes in the show so far. Ikelos’ reaction was hilarious tho lol, that really got me after such an impacting scene. I definitely don’t understand the people that aren’t into this, this was awesome imo.
Jan 13, 2023 4:40 AM

Dec 2012
Dix cuts Bell.
The bleeding with stop. Dix has Gay Bulge.
Rei on the tree.
Arles passes through.
GOT DAMN! Ilta got sent flying.
Holy shit!
Damn. Aisha and Asfi are down.
Ryu almost died.
Bell follows Dix.

Look at Arles looking cool riding on the wolf. Ilta so fine. I thank the monster for hitting so I could see a booty shot. The fact that Ryu almost died shows how OP the monster is. lol at Fels saying seriously after seeing how fast Bell can run. Damn. Hermes called Bell a fool. That's how you know how bad it is.
RobJan 13, 2023 4:43 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 3, 2023 9:32 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, is that Minotaur the strongest of all the Xenos? He beat Aisha & Ryu at the same time.
I can't wait to see Bell vs. his waifu Ais. I want to see Ais in action again.
Mar 7, 2023 11:44 AM

Apr 2020
Ending scene was done so well

Conflict was all over Bell's face , they couldn't have done it better
May 18, 2023 4:28 AM
Jun 2021
Best episode i have ever seen in Danmachi
Jul 14, 2023 10:38 PM
Nov 2022
JURO POR DIOS QUE MUERE WIENE Y VIOLENTO A ALGUIEN
Feb 1, 7:57 PM

Nov 2009
O NOES...

Are they going to be able to transform Wiene back to a little girl? RIP... and now Bell has to go up against all Humans...

Dude... why are there so many Evil Gods in this series...

back in Season 1, I thought it was going to be about Bell's adventure into the dungeon and getting stronger like when he's fighting bosses... not literally fighting Evil Gods... in both season 2 and season 3...

amlgFeb 1, 8:10 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.