Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 13, 2020 9:46 PM

Oct 2012
greatest ep in this series SO FAR?!

those eyes

Omg cant wait for next week. gotta clash against the one you love/ who pushed you to where you are today.
Nov 13, 2020 9:46 PM

Jan 2020
Now I hope Bell goes full Kratos lmao, that's the only way to survive if he makes everyone his enemy
Nov 13, 2020 9:48 PM

Oct 2016
Amazing fucking episode damn, In terms of fights nothing has beat Bell vs Minotaur but, Bell and Lyd vs Dix is probably a second for me that was awesome. Though overall as an episode, this episode is definitely one of the best in the series.

That ending though was tense as fuck. Yes, Bell might be a fool but he is our fool and he is our hero. That's what makes him endearing, that's his character a hero. But, with these events I am sure there will be some great character development coming and I am looking forward to it.
Nov 13, 2020 10:40 PM

Apr 2020
After weeks of irritating boredom, DanMachi 3 finally set its mark on me at last!

Bell and Dix fought really hard against each other. But Dix got the high ground as he transforms Wiene into the monster and unleashes her at the surface. The monsters finally got back at their senses and the Ikelos Familia has been almost wiped out.

The scene...where Bell stood up for Wiene is really strong. (Although idiot Bell could have just revealed to the Loki Familia the gem of Wiene, why did he not? bcos of plot) But damn Bell had change and became more striking to me than ever.

Anyway a big big battle between Loki Familia and maybe the rest of Hestia Familiar next week. I was worried for weeks on where DanMachi III is going. I binged the full DanMachi anime series in a week for this season, and it has let me down really bad...until now. Finally the show is worth interesting for! The fight between morality and order is ON!
raiderublazeNov 13, 2020 10:49 PM
Nov 13, 2020 11:55 PM
Mar 2018
Super tense episode.

Next week will finally the Loki familia and Ais, can't wait!

Nov 14, 2020 12:10 AM

Nov 2015
Holy crap!!! Best ep to date by far...
Nov 14, 2020 1:15 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Yep, this season of Danmachi definitely better than a bit trollish previous season, nice

I am curious how Bell will convince other adventurers and those villagers not to attack Wiene :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 14, 2020 2:56 AM

Dec 2015
I really liked the episode. The showdown with Dix followed by a heartbreaking scene with Wiene in chains only to change. I liked the ending where Bell was having an inner struggle after the Loki Familia appeared and shot Weine with an arrow. I also liked how he made a decision and put himself between both the Loki Familia, the citizens, and Wiene. I'm curious how the next episode will play out. Will it be Bell vs. the entire town while his Familia sits in the shadows or will his Familia step in? Also, how is that bald guy still alive when he lost so much blood?
Nov 14, 2020 3:26 AM

Dec 2019
That episode was way better than it had any right to be, easily one of the best danmachi episodes
Nov 14, 2020 3:48 AM
Jun 2014
The long ride up to the top of the rollercoaster has ended and we've just hit the peak, get ready for a wild ride right until the end of this season (and beyond), Bell choosing to stand against the world for his beliefs and becoming a fool in this episode is the turning point for the series.

Two things to note:
1: Loki Familia's perspective on this arc is great too, hopefully Sword Oratoria gets another season so people can see that.

2: While this adaptation has been pretty decent I do feel the scenes with Dix and some of the impact from their fight was lost, once this season is over I really would recommend people read through LN 9, 10 and 11 to fill in a few gaps.
Nov 14, 2020 4:12 AM

Jan 2016
Bell is going to go to great lengths to protect Wiene and as we saw in the OP, we might see Bell vs Ais standoff. This was a great episode and ngl this season could surpass season 1. Fight bell, fight!
Nov 14, 2020 5:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I can't say much to these episode.

My feeling rather trembling when Wiene turned out into a real monster and peoples around you hate it so much, even your beloved girl hate it too. So well, Bell kun. Was that really all you can do to defend Wiene? Well, it went to the cliffhanger, so i am still know nothing after that. But, seriously, its hit me much as an anime watcher only ....

Well, i can't say much about Dix. He simply a madlad with Daedalus blood on his blood. So, yeah, his act was understandable. But, the hell Dix, not Wiene! After that, Dix succeeded to escape, after he got surprised by the turn-table-point situations. Lucky for him, he still had a plan to satisfied a ridiculous god, Ikellos. Then the scene between Aiz and Bell arrived ... And i am still wandering whats the deal with the Minotaur after it fighting with the Ganesha crews. I thought it was goin to helped Xenos fighting in the Knossos against Dix crews. But, its ended up by Xenos themself could regain their own awareness and decided to help Bell kun. Were they really come in to the surface too against those townspeople? Fighting together with Bell kun again? Well, the answer will hit me in the episode, so i must be patient, as its title already show how bold the words are. Lol. As a hero, man. He was still himself! So i can't stop him to do what he was thinking right.

I believe .... So lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2020 6:56 AM

May 2018
Nicely animated this episode. Dix got defeated real quick, though he managed to have the last laugh. Daedalus sure is a madman
Nov 14, 2020 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
The fight was amazing, but this is a bad situation for Bell-kun, he is protecting a monster plus the loki familia saw it
Nov 14, 2020 8:46 AM
Jan 2019
Holy shit that was a fucking great episode! It's definitely recency bias and will change in a few days but i couldn't help myself from giving this season a 10 after this episode. What a fucking scene it was when he stood in front of Wiene and thrust his arms out to shield her. The next episode can't come soon enough
Nov 14, 2020 8:53 AM

Nov 2017
Bakaaaaa bell AYAYA

Nov 14, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
Let's show some apprecation for Dix and his cool spear-fighting skills. He might be a villain, but he is a badass.

And Ikelos just chilling on the roof and having fun is great too. :)
☩☩☩ MALoween 2023 ☩☩☩

x14
Nov 14, 2020 12:28 PM

Apr 2018
Compared to seasons 1 and 2, this shit is really good. That episode ending got me lil hyped. Just hoping nothing wack happens.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Nov 14, 2020 2:09 PM

Mar 2017
This damn episode was a roller coaster of emotions! I can't believe Bell just stood in front of her... why didn't he show the Loki Familia that he has the stone from Wiene's head?! That might've saved him from having to fight people he cares about. Things are not looking good at all.
Nov 14, 2020 3:55 PM
Oct 2013
Pissed me off that Bell could have beaten Dix numerous times while he was spouting nonsense about his blood or whatever. Dix even turned his back once or twice. Then Bell just went along with Dix (with his back turned yet again) as if they weren't fighting for their lives, to Wiene. Another chance to slice up Dix.
The big problem with Wiene going berserk and appearing in public wouldn't have happened if the author just let Bell take him out some way or another instead of being a pussy.
I understand that something needed to happen in order for the plot to progress (so Wiene would go berserk), but the way it was accomplished was... Cringe. Sloppy and poorly written.
Nov 14, 2020 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
Mich666 said:
Everytime I think things can't get worse it goes to shit another level (and Lyd and co. still hasn't arrived at that)

I really can wait for all the consequences. For Bell, for Hestia familia, for whole city.

And now I guess his Liaris Freese is also over. Wonder what ability he'll get instead.

That ability is powered by how strong his emotions are, not necessarily towards winning Ais's respect but his drive to become stronger. So even if his motives for it change, as long as h has that determination it'll still be there.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Nov 14, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2017
I just came here to say, that this was the best episode to ever come out of the DanMachi franchise. In my opinion of course.

This episode stroke me like a bolt of lightning. The fighting scene between Bell and Dix was fantastic to witness, my inner self was gradually getting filled with adrenaline while watching it AND THEN, THAT ENDING HAPPENED, wich was just the perfect way to condense this adrenaline into something I just can't explain. Bell, is going through insane character development now, the way he faced all the adventurers and the Loki familia, the way he just, listened to his unconscious and moved his body in front of Wiene without giving it second thoughts EVEN IN THAT TOUGH PREDICAMENT.. This guy, he might be "The Fool", but he is indeed "THE MAN". Much respect for Bell and his unwavering sense of justice. Choosing to fight Wiene, would just be wrong, he would contradict his own nature and destroy his own self for as long as he lives, it wouldn't be a Bell move at all.

Bravo JC Staff, this season you're kicking major butt,i just can't wait for the next episode and i hope Dick(head) dies
Nov 14, 2020 6:44 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The tension in that final scene was tremendously intense. I mean wow, the studio did a terrific job. I was actually sweating that last 60 seconds.

Dix basically kidnaps the talking monsters for torture as it's the only thing that is strong enough to resist the curse of his bloodline. I'm still a bit confused as to the purpose of the man-made labyrinth in tbe first place though. I find his reasoning to be a little weak, and his whole character is on the verge of being too cartoonishly evil.

Obviously the highlight of the episode was the final scene. Now Bell must make a choice: Keep his familia safe by letting the Loki familia kill Wiene, thus keeping thier social status and guaranteeing their safety. Or stand up and protect an innocent life, and possibly have he and his familia exiled from society.

This is some heavy stuff, and I did not expect this series to go this route. I'm very interested to see exactly how this plays out. We may be seeing Bell vs Ais next week, as the OP hints at it.

I just hope Weine can be saved.
Nov 14, 2020 6:45 PM

Oct 2014
No fucking way, you CAN'T just end an episode like that. I was on the edge of my seat all episode, such a good episode. I can't even handle that cliffhanger, I NEED Episode 8 NOW!
Nov 14, 2020 7:08 PM

Jan 2019
Jesus that ending was just amazing
Nov 14, 2020 8:21 PM
Mar 2015
Bel realizes that in order not to be a hypocrite he must fight for the monsters against the evil gods and humans
Nov 14, 2020 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
AnimeJunky said:
"Believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything." Bell is the hero everyone needs but doesn't deserve.

Seen your comment a few days ago, but forgot to reply. But your comment was so good that i remembered where it was, even though we are on mal xD
Bell is indeed the hero everyone needs!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 14, 2020 10:20 PM

Mar 2019
When the episode title is the main characters name, you know something huge is gonna happen. Next episode might just be the best Danmachi episode yet.

Nov 14, 2020 11:05 PM

Jan 2017
Next episode would be awesome

BELL CRANEL
-VS-
EVERYBODY
Nov 15, 2020 4:37 AM

Feb 2014
The strongest hybrid monster took out the Ganesha family plus three high ranked adventurers like flies. Just want more of that.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 15, 2020 10:14 AM
May 2017
Holy fuck Bell has some balls. Definitely one of best if not the best episode of whole danmachi series.
Nov 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, what an episode! I'm definitely sold on the villain now and the fights were really good. The intensity of the final scene has got me really hyped for the upcoming episodes. So far I daresay this season has been just as great as the first one, if not a little better. I'm also curious to see what that minotaur-looking monster is up to by not killing Ganesha's familia and only injuring them when it attacked.
Nov 15, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2020
boy this is getting really interesting , from what we see in the op we can guess the obvious 1v1 thats going to come , but seriously even the animation seems better
well played storyline
Nov 15, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
protecc the monster loli
Nov 15, 2020 4:45 PM

Jun 2017
Daaamn that cliffhanger was crazy.

What the heck, NOBODY moved an inch to help Bell deal with this crap? I thought his familia would rush there upon seeing Wiene but they just stayed in cover. I wonder if he will be able to reason with someone from the Loki familia but it seems like we are getting the Bell vs Ais fight hinted in the opening soon.
Nov 15, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2019
10 seconds before the Ending... 3.5 or 4 of 5....

After the Ending... 6 of 5...

Waiting for next episode...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 16, 2020 7:01 AM
Jul 2019
OH! Best episode of Danmachi yet! The fight, the tension, everything else was executed masterfully. The only Danmachi episode where I got this excited. So excited in fact that I want to read the novel. Bell's face at the end, he is really scared. Next episode is named after him, can't wait to see what will happen.
Nov 16, 2020 2:21 PM
Aug 2009
This show went the drain quickly, from the first season being an 8 to this season being a -10
Wao, that was beyond cringe and badly executed.
Nov 17, 2020 10:50 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
This season is sp sick compared to the previous ones, only thing I dislike is the lack of Hestia. :(
MeriuNov 17, 2020 10:53 AM
Nov 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
this is so messed-up!
wrong timing for Bell!
4/5.

Nov 19, 2020 8:42 PM

Oct 2017
That last scene hit me hard, Bell you madman. Atta boy Bell.

Looks like we are finally gonna see Bell vs Ais as shown in the op song.
Nov 20, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2014
Was really surprised to see Ryuu in such a bad shape.
Nov 20, 2020 7:46 PM
Jun 2014
This anime....This anime is getting so damn bad its insane. The writer just writes himself more and more into a corner. bell just gets tamer and tamer, worse and worse for each episodes that goes. Gets coerced, manipulated and just cannot fucking make up his own mind.. Like a child. But this development shit like this... It's overdone.. Simply seen it way too many times. There is no effect but annoyance. Just make him an assertive guy in the first place, not this uber beta shit which has a worthless streetrat throwing you commands xD

It's funny how the show tries to tell you that people are loyal to bell.. Yes, they might be loyal, but they DO NOT respect him. Especially not the street rat.
Nov 20, 2020 8:19 PM

Nov 2016
Tbh Loved the animation of Bell's face, I was able to know how he feels and how hard is for him to do that. Really loved that part and how was made.
Nov 24, 2020 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Man I know I've said that Bell annoys the shit out of me and he still does but now he's gonna fight Ais and her gang trying to protect Weiner and that's respectable. I don't think that makes him a hypocrite, not at all.
Nov 26, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2010
As they say its better to be a fool than to be hidings amongst the horde in a delusion of lies.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 5, 2020 3:32 PM

Jul 2016
As expected, Dix ended up being as one-dimensional as I predicted. Just another over-the-top villain who finds torturing intelligent monsters exciting because why not. They can talk and reason with others yet he keeps considering them mindless creatures despite finding pleasure in their pleas and cries and bla bla bla. His rambling about suffering from his bloodline was also rather laughable to hear... like "just kill yourself, dude. I don't care".

Overall, kinda meh episode except for the last few minutes with Loki familia entering this chaos. Bell has found his resolve about protecting Wiene from everyone and I respect him for that but trying to convince Ais and co. sure will be a pain in the ass.
SouthRzVaDec 5, 2020 3:38 PM
Dec 21, 2020 10:56 PM

Apr 2019
Bell vs Dix was pretty boring. Dix's ideals were super unrealistic and didn't have me interested. On the other hand, the ending scene. INTENSE! Need more like that for sure.

Jan 5, 2021 6:59 PM

Apr 2016
That Dix dude is very detached. I feel like I've seen his kind of character way too much in anime. Seeing Wiene's struggle to retain consciousness in her monster form was very emotional.

Well, it's the Loki Familia, and Bell's stance has been made clear. I hope the others from the Hestia familia support him. Onto the next ep.
Jan 6, 2021 3:33 AM

May 2015
No minotaur rape of adventurers girls. 0/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.