New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2020 10:14 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Mae404 said:
I usually spoil myself unintentionally lol

It depends what kind of spoiler it's, but it usually annoys me because when i spoil myself any death or something like that I can't take that moment of the anime seriously anymore.

On the same note as that, if I see someone I really liked who died then I spoiled myself that they actually lived, I begin to take the anime more seriously!
Oct 24, 2020 10:17 PM

Sep 2018
rarely do spoilers bother me, and honestly they can hype me up for a show even more. if i know a particular character dies, then i’m probably gonna be more on edge throughout the series wondering when and how they’ll die. or if it’s like a psychological thriller thing and it ends up all being in the characters head, i can watch the show from that perspective and see the hints towards the ending. watching things blindly is fun, but sometimes spoils makes the experience more immersive for me.
Oct 24, 2020 10:17 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
InSae said:
I’m pretty sensitive when it comes to spoilers. When something that I really enjoy I get very sensitive because it takes out all of the enjoyment. I can’t just forget spoilers for some reason.

When it’s a shitty anime I want spoilers. I want to be able to say “I already know what happens, I’m skipping this”. In the end I never skip it so that bums me out when I look back on it.

Seeing Gotoubun no Hanayome in your list, do you know who wins? What was your reaction?
Oct 24, 2020 10:20 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
It really depends on how much I love the show/movie
If its something I don't care about then not so much.. but if its like AOT or any airing anime.. then yes lol
Oct 24, 2020 10:24 PM
Jul 2020
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
InSae said:
I’m pretty sensitive when it comes to spoilers. When something that I really enjoy I get very sensitive because it takes out all of the enjoyment. I can’t just forget spoilers for some reason.

When it’s a shitty anime I want spoilers. I want to be able to say “I already know what happens, I’m skipping this”. In the end I never skip it so that bums me out when I look back on it.

Seeing Gotoubun no Hanayome in your list, do you know who wins? What was your reaction?

I actually didn’t get spoiled (which is lucky). I finished the manga and a day after my friend told me who won. When I knew that she won I went mad in a happy way. The quint that I wanted to win didn’t win. I understand why she won. Anime only viewers are going to be mad at that ending.
Oct 24, 2020 10:46 PM

Apr 2015
I'm okay with them most of the time, especially if it's for a series I haven't watched yet or don't really care about. In fact, a lot of times I purposefully read through discussions searching for spoilers just to find something that might motivate me to finally start watching a certain series. Now if it's a spoiler on who dies, I'd probably be mad for a few minutes, but in the end it's not that big of a deal imo. Well, except there's this one death I got spoiled where the MC dies at the very end that I'm sad about...it's a long show too. But that was my own fault so I can't really get mad xD

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 25, 2020 12:40 AM

Sep 2020
98% of the time i really dont care. i like stuff based off of the overall experience rather then specific points, such as a major event or someone dying.

the 2% are things that look interesting to me and i want the full experience, but it's just a "come on man" kind of feeling when i come across a spoiler in this way.
hmm.
Oct 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Aug 2010
I always avoid them, even though I realized getting spoiled with one or two revelations never actually ruins my watching experience, even if it's a major one. Only if I know every details about the story, for example from reading the manga, then it does affect my experience and watching the anime become less fun.
Oct 25, 2020 6:26 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
InSae said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

I actually didn’t get spoiled (which is lucky). I finished the manga and a day after my friend told me who won. When I knew that she won I went mad in a happy way. The quint that I wanted to win didn’t win. I understand why she won. Anime only viewers are going to be mad at that ending.

I don't actively follow the manga, and I'm actually anime-only, but because the spoilers on who won was like the talk of the internet for like a week, it was inevitable for me to know who it was.

I was happy xD
Oct 25, 2020 6:32 PM

Feb 2019
nah yeah nah....

f*ck spoilers!!!!
“EL PSY CONGROO!!!” ― Hououin Kyouma
Oct 25, 2020 7:12 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
If you spoil something, just assume that I'm either not gonna watch it for years, or never gonna watch it. It's been a year since I was spoiled on Death Note and I'm still not watching. Your Lie in April, Sailor Moon, there's so much I'm just holding off on from spoilers. Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2020 11:45 PM

May 2018
I avoid spoilers for any animes I watch but if somehow accidentially find a spoiler, it depends what do I find. It can be showing some death scene of a main or supporting character, but it also may be the ending scene for an anime, or something completely different but important. I feel a lot more disappointed or discouraged when I see the ending scene, it just makes the anime kinda unenjoyable at this point.
Oct 25, 2020 11:51 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
CrystalKanon said:
I avoid spoilers for any animes I watch but if somehow accidentially find a spoiler, it depends what do I find. It can be showing some death scene of a main or supporting character, but it also may be the ending scene for an anime, or something completely different but important. I feel a lot more disappointed or discouraged when I see the ending scene, it just makes the anime kinda unenjoyable at this point.

I feel you! When the people around me literally go around spoiling me anime endings, I tend to like other scenes instead.
Oct 26, 2020 12:23 AM
Dec 2019
I'm kinda sensitive to spoilers.Imagine watching an anime and you're already knew which character going to die.Hell nah.
Oct 26, 2020 2:42 AM

Jul 2019
Not much. Sure I do get spoiled but I don't usually get that angry. It is more like "Ah so that is gonna happen" sort of reaction
Oct 26, 2020 2:46 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
I_need_coffee said:
I'm kinda sensitive to spoilers.Imagine watching an anime and you're already knew which character going to die.Hell nah.

On the contrary, if I get myself spoiled in romance anime and know in advance that the main ship won't set sail... hell nah.
Oct 26, 2020 2:48 AM

May 2019
I don’t enjoy spoilers but no matter how hard I try to avoid them, they seem to find me. Like flies on shit, man.

"𝘚𝘰 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺
𝘞𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺
𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘢𝘭𝘭
𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘐𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯
𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺, 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨"

Oct 26, 2020 2:58 AM

Sep 2017
I want to kill all those spoilers Let'say I don't like someone spoiling anime
خ
Oct 26, 2020 3:08 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
bucciaratishair said:
I don’t enjoy spoilers but no matter how hard I try to avoid them, they seem to find me. Like flies on shit, man.

If you have many anime people around you, it is very inevitable.
Oct 26, 2020 3:09 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Fatephile said:

You would rather depend your anime conclusions to fate, right, Fatephile?
Oct 26, 2020 3:12 AM

Sep 2017
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Fatephile said:

You would rather depend your anime conclusions to fate, right, Fatephile?

Ahaha I guess I've reached a level to say that I'm immune for Fate spoilers
But goddamit, I saw a SnK spoiler like a month ago here and I can't forget it
خ
Oct 26, 2020 3:28 AM
Apr 2020
I'm that much sensitive to spoilers that when I see one, I feel empty inside that now I'll not be able to enjoy that particular moment as much as I would have before getting spoiled '_'
And due to the fact that I'm very concerned about spoilers, it gets stuck in my mind even when I only get a glimpse of it (like when I'm scrolling through comments)
In short, spoilers piss me off
Oct 26, 2020 7:06 AM

Oct 2019
I think that usually if you see a spoiler it won't stop you from enjoying a series but there are certain times when I've watched something and not knowing that it was coming has made it so much better or even if you figure it out yourself then (unless it was just plainly predictable) it can be really satisfying to see it happen. For example series like AOT, Code Geass and The Promised Neverland are really exciting going into blind and finding everything out as you go.
Oct 26, 2020 9:27 AM

Jan 2008
Depends on the spoiler. Depends on how much I'm enjoying the anime. Depends on how impactful it is in the overall story.

Sometimes I'm alright with it and sometimes I'm not. What bothers me most is if I accidentally spoil some parts of an anime and get roasted for it. There is no need to go apocalyptic.

The times I get bothered I just have to shrug it off. It's not the end of the world.

vCalamity said:
I'm completely immune to spoilers! Sometimes, I actually kinda like being spoiled? Which is so weird?? I knew way too much about what happened in JoJo Part 5 before I watched it and still bawled my eyes out for each scene lmao. I know a lot of major things that happen in the AOT manga, but I know for sure I'm gonna cry really hard either way ;~~;

omg me too with part 5. I anticipated certain episodes with trepidation knowing what was going to happen. Made their impact even harder when it hit.
Oct 26, 2020 9:34 AM

Sep 2020
I don't usually care about spoilers unless it is from a mystery. I'm pretty sure that I would not have enjoyed Higurashi and Umineko as much as I did if I was spoiled ahead of time knowing who the culprit is.
Oct 26, 2020 12:02 PM

Jan 2017
Usually I don't mind them, sometimes they even motivate me to go on with a certain series because i wanna see a specific scene or understand a spoiler. Lmao, I actually picked up some series because I was spoiled and it seemed cool. But again, it really depends, sometimes I don't want spoilers because I am too immersed in the story and I want to make up theories as I go on with it.
Oct 26, 2020 12:24 PM

Mar 2020
Any show I will legit freak out if I see a spoiler even if it's not very important.
Oct 26, 2020 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
I definitely hate them and think that all platforms should aim for as much of a spoiler-free environment as possible.
That being said, if I do encounter a spoiler, especially if it's vague, I'll either consider the possibility that it was untrue or exaggerated or just find a way to appreciate the foreshadowing or unraveling of events prior to it actually happening. Still, I'm always very careful, as I'm of the opinion that knowing something beforehand will never enhance the experience.
Oct 26, 2020 3:34 PM

Sep 2019
I could care less... I enjoy reading wikis of Anime series.
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Oct 26, 2020 4:12 PM

Sep 2020
it depends a lot on the show and the content of the spoiler. i always read up on the BNHA spoilers even though im not up to date with the manga and that never bothers me too much. i did get spoiled on death note and clannad after story and never went back to finish those. big spoilers that weren't obvious like major character death, betrayals, etc. could stop me from enjoying or finishing a show, but usually ill finish it anyways. spoilers about plot and smaller things never really bother me too much though.
Oct 26, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2016
Don't care, if a show is good spoilers won't ruin a show but I don't want them if I don't need them
Oct 26, 2020 4:53 PM
Jul 2019
I really dislike spoilers, (especially in shows where the spoiler gives the spectator another POV of what's happening) but I don't take it personally because I usually forget those and with that, I can continue my series "safely" from spoilers.
Oct 26, 2020 4:55 PM
May 2016
I prefer not to get any, but it honestly doesn't matter. I have a friend whose encouraged to keep watching by spoilers
Oct 26, 2020 4:57 PM

Jan 2014
Apart from this site's forums i don't really have many or any at all for that matter sources of where i could potentionally get spoiled.
This being said i usually forget most of them by the time i decide to watch an anime that was previously spoiled.

Also no spoilers are not welcomed for an anime i'm really excited to watch.

There are only a couple of times i've spoiled myself intentionally though that is cause i never planned on reading the source material or finishing the anime.
I wanted to see if sakurasou novel is worse than the anime and how does it end, and it's just pathetically bad so yes the anime is better and i also spoiled the ending of TTGL cause i was pretty fed up with it by ep19-20 and wanted to see if i made the right decision of saving myself a couple of hours of torture to my brain and yes i did save myself some time gladly, though not of the torture cause the shite ending still pissed me off somewhat even reading what happened.
AstZeroOct 26, 2020 5:00 PM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Oct 26, 2020 5:00 PM

May 2012
I spoil every show before I watch it. I have severe post anime depression if the ending is terrible so I don't let myself get that way. I have honestly enjoyed anime so much more since if started spoiling myself.

Watching shows like White Album 2 and going in blind made me quit anime for years.
Oct 26, 2020 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
I used to be insensitive and even completely unaware of spoilers back in the way. When I was lining up to get an autograph from Cassandra Lee Morris in Anime Los Angeles, I saw the Kyubey on her banner, and I said just one word "Incubator", and other people got upset that they "did NOT want to know" about that character. I deeply regretted so much, and I've learned that I should never spoil about anime ever again. So yeah, I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to spoilers because it takes away the experience of watching the anime when I get into them, and there wouldn't be a good point watching them.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 26, 2020 6:59 PM
Apr 2020
When I was told spoilers, I was gutted and acted like it was the end of the world. So depending on the spoiler I react differently. If they reveal to me a characters death- I get pissed but when it comes to a new development within the story arch or a new character I won't mind. It just adds something to consider.
Oct 26, 2020 8:34 PM
Jun 2020
To be honest spoilers sometimes keep me motivated. For example, when I found a romance manga I always search the Fandom whether the end up together or not, but I don't always to that since it ruins the fun.
If the spoiler is a major effect on the anime/manga I will kinda get pissed tho. But I have a friend on FB that is my schoolmate and 1 year older than me that sometimes put manga spoilers, its really annoying.
Oct 26, 2020 8:55 PM

Apr 2020
Spoilers actually make me want to watch an anime. Its usually something major that happened that makes me interested and I just watch the anime to see how it happened :)
Oct 26, 2020 9:02 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Chris_Concept said:
It really depends on how much I love the show/movie
If its something I don't care about then not so much.. but if its like AOT or any airing anime.. then yes lol

AoT spoilers right now are (I think) the craze of the internet! OH YOU KNOW ABOUT blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah?
Oct 26, 2020 9:08 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Storm_Mortal said:
I think that usually if you see a spoiler it won't stop you from enjoying a series but there are certain times when I've watched something and not knowing that it was coming has made it so much better or even if you figure it out yourself then (unless it was just plainly predictable) it can be really satisfying to see it happen. For example series like AOT, Code Geass and The Promised Neverland are really exciting going into blind and finding everything out as you go.

Unfortunately, it's also not a coincidence that those three shows are some of the most-spoiled in the internet!
Oct 26, 2020 9:12 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Metalhead670 said:
I could care less... I enjoy reading wikis of Anime series.

I also love reading wikis, and there's nothing I hate more than a wiki with little to no content.

Can I sit next to you as well?
Oct 26, 2020 9:13 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Johann3060 said:
I really dislike spoilers, (especially in shows where the spoiler gives the spectator another POV of what's happening) but I don't take it personally because I usually forget those and with that, I can continue my series "safely" from spoilers.

Those kinds of spoilers are rare, in my opinion, nowadays. I might want to read a spoiler of some sort like that one day, to be honest.
Oct 26, 2020 9:15 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Kaiz_ said:
To be honest spoilers sometimes keep me motivated. For example, when I found a romance manga I always search the Fandom whether the end up together or not, but I don't always to that since it ruins the fun.
If the spoiler is a major effect on the anime/manga I will kinda get pissed tho. But I have a friend on FB that is my schoolmate and 1 year older than me that sometimes put manga spoilers, its really annoying.

I have my anime senpai on FB as well who, on the rare times she actually talks to me, she gets enthusiastic that I let her spoil me (give me spoilers). It's very enjoyable and I like seeing people enjoy talking about what they like.

P.S. My Grade 3 teachers were some of the most awesome I have ever known
Oct 26, 2020 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
Ehh, I don't care about being spoiled. I don't watch stuff for the element of surprise. I care more about how the scenes are done.
Oct 26, 2020 9:57 PM

Nov 2018
Well yeah I had to stay alert to make watching experience more excited.
I don't even read synopsis,review is out of the page.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 26, 2020 10:38 PM

Aug 2016
I would rather not be spoiled, but if I end up being, that's not too big of a deal. Hearing/reading someone saying what happens in the story is different from actually seeing it, with the animation, music, voice acting and everything, that's what makes the scene people spoiled to me before truly impactful.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 26, 2020 10:40 PM

May 2020
I'm the complete opposite I almost always read the spoilers before Watching the series or while watching purely because I'm impatient and I don't want to ship the wrong characters and then later have my heart broken.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 26, 2020 10:47 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
It depends. If it's something I'm not really going to bother reading/watching in the near future, or whose outcome I think won't affect my enjoyment of the series (e.g. Haikyuu), I don't mind spoilers - in fact I actively seek them out.

But if it's something I'm super invested in, I definitely avoid places where I know spoilers will show up like the plague. Case in point, I've managed to avoid Kimetsu no Yaiba and Promised Neverland spoilers until right now, because I'm following the official English paperback release of the manga and thus I haven't finished either of them.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Oct 26, 2020 10:54 PM

May 2008
Spoilers are a mixed bag for me. If it's internal in the show, I'd very pretty annoyed. I really don't like it when things like previews or OP/ED spoil stuff.

Externally, it doesn't stop me from enjoying or hating on a series, but it does drain some of the emotional impact (or lack thereof) I would have had. Since my brain would be just waiting for the spoiler to show up. But, I'm not gonna get mad or anything; the amount of times I've spoiled myself due to unrestrained curiosity is pretty high, haha.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 13 minutes ago

2 by logopolis »»
5 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 10 hours ago

38 by _gt_ohn »»
7 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

30 by logopolis »»
8 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

21 by xqXpx »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.