Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' Gets TV Anime

New
Oct 20, 2020 2:07 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
Publishing company AlphaPolis announced a television anime adaptation of Kei Azumi's Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu (Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy) light novel on Monday. The company also opened an official website, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and a promotional video. The anime series will air on Tokyo MX, MBS, and BS NTV in 2021.

Synopsis
High school student Misumi Makoto is called into a fantasy world by the god Tsukuyomi, in order to be a hero. However, powerful others in this world aren't as thrilled to have him there, and they kick him to the edge of the world just as Tsukuyomi declares that he must leave Makoto to find his own way. Now it's up to Makoto to find his own way! (Source: Novel Updates)

Staff
Director: Shinji Ishihira (Log Horizon)
Series Composition, Script: Kenta Ihara (Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tsueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru)
Character Design: Yukie Suzuki (Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators, Binbougami ga! chief animation director)
Music: Yasuharu Takanashi (Gunjou no Magmell)
Studio: C2C

Cast
Makoto Misumi: Natsuki Hanae (Arslan Senki)
Tomoe: Ayane Sakura (Occultic;Nine)
Mio: Akari Kitou (Grancrest Senki)

Azumi penned the adventure fantasy novel, also known as Tsukimichi, on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from February 2012 tp August 2016 and concurrently moved it to AlphaPolis in July 2016. The publisher began printing the series with illustrations by Mitsuaki Matsumoto in May 2013 and released the 14th volume in March 2018. The 15th volume is shipping on Wednesday. Tsukimichi has a cumulative 1.4 million copies of its volumes in print.

Kotora Kino began drawing a manga adaptation in AlphaPolis Web Manga magazine in June 2015. The seventh compiled volume went on sale on February 1, with the eighth volume scheduled for release on Thursday.

Announcement

Official site: https://tsukimichi.com/
Official Twitter: @tsukimichi_PR

Source: LN News

Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu on MAL
VindstotSep 22, 2021 8:27 AM
Oct 20, 2020 2:27 PM

May 2019
Oh shit, one of the few isekai I actually really enjoy!
I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully it has at least decent production value.
Oct 20, 2020 2:38 PM
May 2015
Ok, the synopsis sort of sounds similar to Shield Hero and because of that, I'll be looking forward to this show xD

Oct 20, 2020 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed some of the manga and web novel! Happy to see this adapted.
Oct 20, 2020 2:55 PM
Jun 2020
I've heard of the novel before and it's mainly gotten a positive reception. Interested although the MC's design is as generic as could get.
Oct 20, 2020 3:05 PM

Jul 2015
Sometimes i wonder what was the last time they adapted a non harem light novel...

Auto skip anyway
Oct 20, 2020 4:29 PM

Jan 2019
I’m curious does anyone know who far they will adapt from the source material
Oct 20, 2020 4:30 PM
Jul 2013
When will this entire isekai shitfest stop... they literally recycle the same content with different skins for years at this point.
Oct 20, 2020 5:39 PM
Apr 2019

tragedydesu said:
Sometimes i wonder what was the last time they adapted a non harem light novel...

Auto skip anyway

Adachi to shimamura is a light novel non harem but yuri from current season. Very recommended.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oct 20, 2020 5:41 PM
Jul 2020
Seems like the novel got good reviews so looking forward to it but not liking the look of the MC.
Oct 20, 2020 7:56 PM
May 2018
I remember the manga having a weak start, but it had some solid moments here and there. It's most comparable to slime isekai for those who don't know anything about it, with a weaker main cast but stronger takes on the similar scenes (harvest festival, rich old guy sponsoring the MC, otherworlders).

Coolcoolmm said:
I’m curious does anyone know who far they will adapt from the source material

The character shown at the end of the trailer only showed up a few chapters ago in the manga, so it'll likely surpass that.
Oct 20, 2020 8:12 PM

Feb 2015
very interesting... I'm assuming the God who summoned him didnt like him from her/his interaction with the MC when he was summoned, from the looks of it, far from being konosuba so I'll give the WN a shot I guess? Ohh wait.... novelupdate.... is it just a me, or I dont see any romantic development in here? Is it just me? Pls dont tell me it's a bug! Woah damn. Interesting....

Looking forward to the anime.
Oct 20, 2020 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
wape said:
I've heard of the novel before and it's mainly gotten a positive reception. Interested although the MC's design is as generic as could get.

That's actually intentional, many people in the otherworld talk about how ugly he is compared to other humans (he's average by earth standards supposedly), without spoiling anything, every human in the other world is portrayed as extremely attractive.
PraizOP said:
Seems like the novel got good reviews so looking forward to it but not liking the look of the MC.

Read above, his appearance is actually plot relevant.

_Ako_ said:
very interesting... I'm assuming the God who summoned him didnt like him from her/his interaction with the MC when he was summoned, from the looks of it, far from being konosuba so I'll give the WN a shot I guess? Ohh wait.... novelupdate.... is it just a me, or I dont see any romantic development in here? Is it just me? Pls dont tell me it's a bug! Woah damn. Interesting....

There's romance, but it doesn't happen until way later in the web novel, so we won't see it in the first season most likely.
Oct 20, 2020 10:03 PM
Oct 2020
Tanjiro x nezuko meet ayaneru
Oct 20, 2020 10:58 PM
May 2016
is this harem? I hope it isn't.
Oct 21, 2020 12:42 AM

Jul 2015
@Rosary_Diva
thx for the rec , looks cute i'll give it a try

@ninka22
it's a harem
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tsuki-ga-michibiku-isekai-douchuu/
Oct 21, 2020 5:52 AM

Feb 2015
Tatsuya said:

_Ako_ said:

There's romance, but it doesn't happen until way later in the web novel, so we won't see it in the first season most likely.

ohh kek, I think novelupdate baited the fuck out of me. Regardless of how slow the romance is, pretty sure novelupdate will still tag it as romance. But then again, if it happened in liek ch. 290 or something then that's pretty much pointless.
Oct 21, 2020 6:25 AM

Oct 2020
Oooh??? This is a pretty good news to me.
I've been following the manga, and it's pretty entertaining.
Noted this~
A certain person lurking here
Oct 21, 2020 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
Most of the times I like watching Isekai anime even if it's average so looking forward to this too.
Oct 21, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2008
Looking forward to it.
Oct 21, 2020 10:24 AM

Feb 2013
WHAT?! An anime adaptation of a Light Novel that's an Isekai? No way. I can't believe it. What a fresh and new idea. And it's a Harem to boot! Even more original! But wait it gets better - the Main Character is a black haired M-shaped young boy! WOAH!
Oct 21, 2020 11:29 AM

Jul 2019
There are big names in the cast and the PV got me a little bit.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Oct 21, 2020 1:20 PM

Jan 2008
Wow nice, been a while since I've read this but looking forward to seeing Mio and Tomoe banter. Visual in the trailer looking good too. No CGI infested monsters... hopefully.
Oct 21, 2020 1:48 PM
Oct 2020
I know nothing about this one
but art style and animations looks interesting
Oct 22, 2020 12:37 AM

Jun 2012
I remember it was when he infiltrated the school that got me started to get interested in this one, hopefully the adaptation reaches that point.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
52 minutes ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.