Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 21, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2018
Fuck! It's just... Perfect!
Jun Maeda with the musical pieces that he used in this episode it showed off and he made it my favorite anime episode from last week.
Besides, the comedy was not bad, I laughed a lot in this episode, especially with the five minutes of the three shooting attempts of Sora's club summer project.

Batteru!

Oct 21, 2020 4:12 AM

Mar 2016
I thought the boxing scene was a Hajime No Ippo reference, but it was a Rocky reference. I'm really rooting for IZANAMIxMC and HINAxMC as well. Either one is fine by me. The whole omniscient thing is starting to make sense little by little.
Oct 21, 2020 4:37 AM
Sep 2020
I don't know how is good the song for izanami. I want to play it, but I can't play piano :"
Oct 21, 2020 5:03 PM
Jan 2013
2nd episode and we're already getting filler episodes. At least to me that felt like a filler episode for the most part. I hope they don't just keep the Hina being a god thing on the backburner.
Oct 21, 2020 6:18 PM

Feb 2017
Hm, not much happened this episode — just reinforcement of the character dynamics shown in episode 1, a very brief establishment of MC’s family, and some quietly worrisome foreshadowing. Still having fun with it though, but I hope for more of a direction to next episode (the ending seems to indicate that, so...). The pacing is absolutely going to spike a la Charlotte at this rate; it’ll probably be sooner rather than later?

Probably could’ve just claimed that bingo last time but I felt like waiting till it was very clearly established. Nothing really requires explanation — Izanami is Kotomi 2 and the films and ‘everyone has a godly name except Hina’ bit both already got repeated multiple times. I’m defining ‘supernatural bullshit’ as something ridiculous that just breaks the rules of the show/doesn’t really make any sense/is completely unexplained by the end, so I haven’t struck it for something that’s in the premise.

I assume the guy who keeps showing up is gonna be Yota’s best friend or whatever a la Hinata from Angel Beats and glasses dude from Charlotte, but the show hasn’t developed him at all. I also assume the new girl will probably either fall into the Yusa/Fuko/etc moe archetype or the Kyou/Misa/etc tsundere archetype as well, although maybe Hina’s falling into more of that moe/‘little sister’ vibes — she’s kinda halfway between that and the Yurippe/Tomori commanding aspects.
Oct 22, 2020 7:50 AM

Dec 2010
They really went all in with the names.
Gave me a lot of P4 vibes actually.
I wonder if we'll see an Izanagi who will be the rival or an Ameterasu.
Also interesting to see Izanami as the tsukkomi hahahaha

Love the music as expected.
Jun-sensei showing off his comedy until half-way through where the tragedy begins...

Finally.... Ayaneru seems to be having so much fun here hahahahahaha.

10/10

rsc-pl said:
AdolZeppeli said:
Comedy is a hit or miss, Hina is starting to be very annoying. I don't really feel Jun Maeda or Key on this anime.

Huh? The comedy part is really typical for Key. Not to mention that almost every Key story has start like this.

I agree. This is quite stereotypical for Key works.

animejas said:
Still feels weird that Lia isn't doing the OP for this show given Lia did the OP for many Key shows previously. Nagi Yanagi is good though and I prefer her so no complaints there.

I still find Hina unbearable along with the comedy but Izanami's solid atleast. I do like her.

I'll enjoy the cringey comedy though while it lasts before it goes Indian soap opera mode with levels of drama.

The studio is PA Works and Yanagi has worked with them multiple times so no surprise there.
booyah10Oct 22, 2020 7:55 AM
Oct 22, 2020 2:59 PM

Aug 2018
Armageddon reference : I liked that one !

Good episode, just the end seemed to be darker, especially with the "days until the end of the world count".
Oct 22, 2020 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
Eulg1 said:
I really love the opening, it's just perfect
Also, i curious about the flower shown in the op, i search a bit and i'm not an expert but the flower resembles much of anemone flower which means it could be bad or good, but it's said persistence or perserverance.
The good meaning is protection against evil and ill wishes.
The bad meaning is bad luck or ill omens.

Idk i might be wrong (cmiiw) about the flower or digging to much, but i really enjoy the anime and the opening song, jun maeda you did it again.

Flowers are usually meant to represent something. They could be anemones, but I think they look more similar to evening primroses because of the stamen in the center. Though that's probably not it either... Would appreciate it anyone could identify the flowers in the last part of the OP.
Oct 23, 2020 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
good episode!
lots of hilarious moments!
still Hina is a bit annoying if she's always stubborn complaining over and over...
5/5.

Oct 24, 2020 12:32 AM

Aug 2012
Its a fun show and I like it, but then I saw its being written by the dudes who did Angel Beats...... I think they're going too come out of left field with the feels
Oct 24, 2020 6:49 AM
Oct 2020
For real i hope i can see anything that hint this anime will be the saddest anime by jun maeda. I only got that episode one when hina herself in blank white room and say so this is it or stuff. Well on this ep 2 we still got alot of silly jokes but i hope again i got some tearing moments
Oct 24, 2020 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
"I know what the flaw was. It's because I abridged it."

CHARLOTTE PTSD INTENSIFIES

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 24, 2020 8:35 PM

Aug 2015
is it me or does sora have a massive brocon going on?
Oct 25, 2020 11:43 PM
Mar 2012
Hina's even more hilarious. God making films at the expense of everyone else? getting Haruhi flashbacks. lol those 3 film references, lots of nostalgia for Armageddon.

Imouto in trouble. check
kuudere. check
piano. check
kuudere playing piano. check, Kanade's here now.
illness sad backstory. check
beautiful OP + Yanagi. check

So a day in ep1, and 5 days in ep2 for all the filming & Youta learning piano. MC's a very fast learner for a complete noob. Narukami family's great fun and keeps close ties to gods at least in name.
Oct 26, 2020 7:48 AM

Jun 2019
Hina is just so adorable. I love her so much.
Oct 26, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
I love both Opening and Ending song.

2020 is low-key a good year
Oct 31, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2019
The New Sanshokuin??

Good Episode, but the First episode was so much better...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 1, 2020 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
Ugh. I really wanted to like this show, but Hina's bratty tantrums and the shallow comedy have made me decide to drop it. I can't stand Hina's constant whining!! And Izanami just seems like an over-the-top Rei Ayanami caricature than a person. I mean, all she does is stand around and comment on the charcaters acting stupid for no reason.
Nov 1, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2017
Hina is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!

His parents probably knows who she actually is!!

Sora, what happened to you!!??

I think we're just getting started now.....

This is damn interesting!

Nov 6, 2020 12:52 PM
Jun 2019
♫Music is nice♫
Nov 8, 2020 3:33 PM

Mar 2010
I'm liking his efforts, the pursue of love is heart breaking but it shall deliver if you hold on steadfastly!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 4, 2020 9:48 PM

May 2014
The music is pretty good. And the Rocky and Edward Scissorhands references were great XD Though comedy is always solid in Key works. Now the question is simply whether the story will be good...
Dec 8, 2020 11:53 PM
Oct 2019
Fairly enjoyable.

Did she want him to kiss her after that piano song? She was leaning forward... Curious how her character turns out.

What's with this god-name family? What's their secret? Hmm.
Jan 13, 2021 6:32 PM

Aug 2017
What a waste of animation in a show like this lol. Stop making making jokes with Hina, she's annoying.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 3, 2021 12:13 AM

Mar 2016
So far this series really has some amazing scenery and i'm loving the eye designs of Hina and Izanami (although I'm guessing they were hell to colour for each cut).

Did actually think that that first movie seemed similar to Deep Impact, and then Youta confirmed it with "it's totally plagarized!" xD ...to which they followed up with Rocky and Edward Scissorhands.

Piano scene was absoulutely beautiful and am glad it was original, because as soon as Izanami started playing it perfectly i had a hunch she'd say it was actually a song from "..." considering Hina's track record until then :P
Feb 25, 2021 3:48 PM

Jul 2015
Nice Edward Scissorhands reference. I'm impressed Yota's dad went along with Odin's spiel, but doesn't he have a job to go to. After multiple failed attempts its nice to see Yota sort of succeed at the paino scene where he made Izanami smile.

Feb 16, 2023 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
I find it hilarious how the MC gets goofy around his imouto.  A given in a Maeda anime he makes, in that someone has to be a siscon, hahahaha 

Given, the imouto is a cutie. 
Mar 18, 2023 4:40 AM
Apr 2021
Funny AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Apr 9, 2023 2:04 AM
Sep 2018
I wasn’t expecting to see anime Edward Scissorhands

I’m still curious however about the lack of hesitation by which Yoga’s parents accept Hina into their home. She otherwise just appears obnoxious and delusional so she must be known to them in some way.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

196 by euphoricoddball »»
Feb 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

304 by DELLspencer »»
Jan 7, 11:48 AM

» Please give this Anime a Chance!

RjtheGreat14 - Sep 6, 2022

39 by Daekesh »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:53 PM

» Why do people dislike this anime ? ( 1 2 )

kaiki_fan_boy - Dec 29, 2020

92 by HabteG »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

171 by ggultra2764 »»
Nov 21, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.