Forum Settings
Forums
New
tiktok banned
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2023 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to OfficerPoon
If you're using a phone or a laptop made after the mid 2000s to browse the internet, you're using a device with a CIA backdoor. But watch out, the spooky Chinese want your data!

@traed
"China is capitalist. Why do you think almost everything is made in China? Lol"
capitalism, noun: when a country makes stuff

(You're actually not wrong about China not really being communist, but your reasoning is completely wrong)
@OfficerPoon
Youre not going to get a hardware backdoor unless you are a person of high interest. Software backdoors is what everyone else gets. Though there are some backdoors in some processors.

Setting aside incorrect definitions of communism that ironically are in part of Stalin and McCarthy so called communist countries tend to not play major roles in the economies of capitalist countries that want the government destroyed and the opposite capitalist countries dont want a country that wants to end capitalism to have a role in their economy since they may have motive of collapsing it. While unique to North Korea they take this idea to the extreme with their ideology Juche which is about self reliance.
Nov 20, 2023 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to Illuminatli
Meusnier said:
Illuminatli said:
No, because I don't see a reason why it should. Is it doing any harm to anyone?

To a lot of people yes, with stupid challenges that left people crippled (skull something) or eventually killed them (meds and blue whale thing).

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1862630

I forget about their particular idea of history people have on this platform.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1861827

We now that children are very weak to peer-pressure and these apps only promote dangerous or stupid behaviour. This is not cool to be disrespectful of others.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1858775

Oh wow, I really didn't know about these. That's problematic.
@Illuminatli
I mean... not really tho? That's saying like banning any object you use in daily life should get banned, because people found ways to hurt themselves with (most popular argument: think of the children, who could hurt themselves).
Nov 20, 2023 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
There are huge problems with the class of things it is in, but to call it worse than Facebook or Musk-era Twitter is just objecting to it being Chinese, which is at best nationalist, and probably racist.
Nov 20, 2023 4:54 PM

May 2021
Sure I guess it should maybe be banned. Then again I don't use it.
Nov 20, 2023 5:09 PM

Aug 2014
No. I support freedom of speech/expression and the free market, along with individual responsibility.

Even if it was banned, something else would simply take its place.
Nov 20, 2023 5:37 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to removed-user
@Illuminatli
I mean... not really tho? That's saying like banning any object you use in daily life should get banned, because people found ways to hurt themselves with (most popular argument: think of the children, who could hurt themselves).
Risa92 said:

Precisely this. Why should those who use something responsibly be punished for those who don't? You can stir up outrage of any topic, when in actuality, many of these things could have been avoided had the family taken some responsibility for the child. Teach your children what kinds of chemicals are harmful, god damn it.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Nov 20, 2023 5:41 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Seijatachiiii
when cool american facebook, google and instagram steals data :)
when evil chinese tiktok steals data >:(
@Seijatachiiii The epitome of people's indigestion here :D
Twitter also has a very unhealthy concept, but no one is crying for it to be banned.
Nov 21, 2023 7:53 AM
May 2012
I have heard that the algorithm in China proposes completely different contents which are instructive and educational while in the West it proposes the most absurd and harmful nonsense and this does not depend on the fact that the West is retarded or maybe yes since looks like the West is fine with this.
Nov 21, 2023 4:39 PM

Apr 2012
I know I often sound like a grumpy old man or a moral guardian, but I really don't see any reason to call for banning anything or anyone unless they have directly broken the law. Freedom to criticize and freedom to express yourself are codependent.
Nov 21, 2023 5:03 PM

Apr 2015
I voted yes, too many stupid trends that got people hurt or killed came from it.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Nov 21, 2023 8:39 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Hikinekomori
I have heard that the algorithm in China proposes completely different contents which are instructive and educational while in the West it proposes the most absurd and harmful nonsense and this does not depend on the fact that the West is retarded or maybe yes since looks like the West is fine with this.
@Hikinekomori
This is actually true. But if a foreign nation promoting LGBT crap on your country's version of their app is enough to subvert an entire generation of westerners, then that might just be evolution taking its course. One Chinese psyop is small potatoes next to all the gender confusion, feminist ideology, etc. promoted by Zionist American citizens.

If an existential rival of yours has a gun under his chin, when are you gonna say? Are you going to say "do it!" or are you going to give him the number to a suicide hotline? It's not China's fault that America is diseased, and they have every right to take advantage of that fact.
OfficerPoonNov 21, 2023 9:15 PM
Nov 22, 2023 10:07 AM
Jul 2021
Right now? In 2023? Nope! Once, many moons ago the last great US President wanted to ban that toxic commie ching cesspool of an app and the reaction from our pinko-commie l€ft@rd special needs friends was... Remind me again. Can anyone help remember their reaction?

I do recall a lot of "western news media" calling him names and such.

Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 22, 2023 10:14 AM
Dec 2022
I think most people don't know that Douyin (TikTok in China) and TikTok have two very different policies. Douyin is managed very tightly and protects the youth better, while TikTok is not.
Nov 22, 2023 10:18 AM

Feb 2010
no more then every other social media site like twitter for example.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 23, 2023 2:22 AM

Apr 2016
idk how bad it is for someone to use tiktok but I don't even use it, so it doesn't affect me the slightest. Maybe youtube shorts should have it's own app/website for it because I hate seeing those all the time.
Nov 23, 2023 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
Nah, I don't use it myself, but stupid internet challenges were already a thing before it existed. Remember those people planking off balconies and other high places and plummeting to their deaths?

Privacy-wise it's no different than any other social media platform. All of them steal your data to sell and want to release a ton of spyware on your device. No, they're usually not interested what average Joe is doing aside from making money off of you.
Nov 23, 2023 6:08 AM

Dec 2022
I don't think TikTok should be banned as a whole, I think they should just ban the problematic creators.
Nov 23, 2023 8:10 AM

Oct 2015
I get the security concerns that it may pose as it is Chinese-owned, I don't think those are grounds enough to ban it however. I'll as a rule of thumb err on the side of freedom of expression.
Dec 5, 2023 4:49 AM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
No that's control of freedom of speech. It's dumb for kids and 30 year old losers who think they are kids
Dec 13, 2023 2:38 AM

Dec 2023
Tiktok is more harmful than any drug, I don't think it should be allowed to exist.
Dec 13, 2023 6:57 AM

Aug 2012
Reply to waifufeet
Tiktok is more harmful than any drug, I don't think it should be allowed to exist.
@waifufeet That could be said about the nonsense you watch on YouTube.
Dec 13, 2023 7:04 AM

Dec 2023
Reply to Order-Sol
@waifufeet That could be said about the nonsense you watch on YouTube.
@Order-Sol There are harmful videos on YouTube but at least the proper content on there isn't made to shorten your attention span and make you scroll for hours.
Dec 13, 2023 7:07 AM

Aug 2012
Reply to waifufeet
@Order-Sol There are harmful videos on YouTube but at least the proper content on there isn't made to shorten your attention span and make you scroll for hours.
@waifufeet What are you talking about? YouTube has been pushing YouTube shorts on everyone. Long video filled bias and misinformation is worst.
Dec 13, 2023 7:35 AM

Dec 2023
Reply to Order-Sol
@waifufeet What are you talking about? YouTube has been pushing YouTube shorts on everyone. Long video filled bias and misinformation is worst.
@Order-Sol Yes I'm aware, but it's still far from being at TikTok's level.
Dec 13, 2023 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
Not that it will, but it might as well since none of my grown up friends, family or business partners have ever used TikTok. Not that they ever cared about the goofiest and lamest social media site ever.

People will grow out of it eventually and I doubt it will still be a thing when Gen Alpha are old enough to go to college, move out of their parents' homes, start their own families, etc.

Youtube channel FreedomToons just proved how full of shit it still is in one of their recent videos.

Speaking of lamestream social media, I grew out of Facebook after a moment. Never used MySpace or Tumblr one bit. Those old sites can go straight to the garbage.
Kurt_IrvingDec 13, 2023 9:27 AM
Dec 13, 2023 10:46 AM
Nov 2021
I don't believe it should be banned, I'm always for Free Speech though it is very destructive to casuals mindset which is the majority of society which is scary so me personally through my emotional lens yes, but through my logical lens no.
Dec 13, 2023 11:28 AM

Feb 2017
no, my personal freedom to scroll through funny clips of monkeys shouldn't be encroached on 😤

Really I think just it's stupid to ban a platform based on the negative effects it has on kids, it's up to parents to make sure their kids turn out all right.
Dec 13, 2023 11:38 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Auron_
I get the security concerns that it may pose as it is Chinese-owned, I don't think those are grounds enough to ban it however. I'll as a rule of thumb err on the side of freedom of expression.
@Auron_ The real reason why larger countries are considering or have banned TikTok is because of the Chinese side of things, they don't care about the quality of the app and what it does to it's user. They are just pissed that they can't spy on users themselves and take that data when on TikTok (ignoring all the other apps and search engines used to spy on people).

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Dec 13, 2023 6:56 PM

Mar 2021
Well, it's already banned in my country, and I strongly support that decision by our government. So yeah, it should be banned. Plus, trying to explain its deadly consequences to folks whose whose dumb brains are already fried from using this cancerous stuff excessively? I wouldn't even bother.

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

40 by Rinrinka »»
15 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - Yesterday

23 by unn »»
49 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

83 by traed »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps? ( 1 2 )

Miscanthus - Apr 27

53 by unn »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bear or Man?

_Nette_ - Today

23 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.