Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2020 1:57 AM
Mar 2019
Will the "I'm Standing on a Million Lives" name ever come into play?

Man, i don't know if i just expected something different from the story, but it's kinda letting me down. I don't find it "boring" per se, it just seems to be dragging to a point it never intends to reach. Like, there's a plot, but it has no substance, it's just, "there". Yet at the same time it feels like there should be substance, but there isn't, it's just dead weight, ( like the girls in that party ) like it can't carry itself properly.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Anyhow, that new girl, seems like a character that will gradually get on my nerves, her personality is just "annoying", and she's stupid to top. That whole thing with her misunderstanding and calling him a pervert ( because the "literal bullies" told her he was, wow ) pissed me off.
It's probably just the way it's written, but it's turning me off, slowly.

I really don't want to drop it, so i'm gonna try a little more, see how it goes.
Oct 18, 2020 2:42 AM
Mar 2012
Quite funny esp GM & mc this time. MC was peak cringe, chivalry & hilarity like Kazuya, lol his monologues i cant even.
Shows seems less on isekai, more focus on each player's personal issues. Shindou's hints at a messed up gangsta family, and her acting perfect on everything seems getting to her at that end.
"the worse kind of otaku", yes and maybe worse girl of the season in nonvillains. Ok justify by the bullying situation, but Yuka see's Yuusuke as a loser, suggests fantasy ikemen as a standard, doesn't admit the bullying, betrays her savior, befriends the bullies, hates the mc, then lies to the mc's friends. Just wow, like Mami plus a bit of conscience.

Oct 19, 2020 12:41 AM
Aug 2013
Does anyone know the insert piano song that plays at the end?
Oct 19, 2020 4:14 AM

Apr 2020
After they left the school, you could hear a bosozoku revving their bike in the street. Haha.
Oct 19, 2020 8:46 AM

Jun 2019
A much more acceptable and enjoyable episode than the last two.
Oct 19, 2020 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
mediocre episode...
so we have the 4th member the otaku girl huh...
3/5.

Oct 19, 2020 7:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So this episode was mainly to introduce the 4th character aka purple mega-ne girl.. hmm she looks cool but well the story at school was pretty dumb (especially MC breaking all the phones lol) and damn that centipede was really huge xD
Oct 19, 2020 9:08 PM

Feb 2019
this show has manipulates the events so the boy it always looks good while the girls are practically useless and incompetent without him, they take little initiative beyond recruiting him, and he comes up with every clever scheme for defeating foes. And now he saves a girl, but instead of thanking him she recriminates him like a pervert(?) this is as bad as tate no yuusha who was also manipulative.
Oct 20, 2020 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
What a way to hit on the next party member, in the most lethargic and uncanny way ever, for someone who hates the real world. Catching her in a blackmail situation in the girls' toilet and breaking their smartphones is the most anti-hero way possible, this shit fazes me into confusion. I know it's meant to be comedy, but try calling it that in the most un-cringefest way possible.

Anyways, the 4th member: easy bullying target and otaku Yuka, joins the fray of being a Precure-like fanatic. But hot damn, is the ENTIRE group stupid and short of being on the offensive. But Yotsuya being the only one in offensive is such a joke LOLS, not sure to take that on face value.

So now, Yotsuya has to save Shindou, but in what fashion?
Oct 21, 2020 5:38 AM

Oct 2017
Gosh, the production value of this anime is so piss poor it's so hard to enjoy it.
It's not just the lack of animation, but the execution of action scene is terrible too.
All of the action sequence seems to have missing frame or weird camera angle , most likely to save budget.
On top of that, the action scene has 0 fluidity and feel of momentum. It's like static moving image.

I normally can overlook some cut corner or slow animation, but this animation is so bad even I can't ignore its flaws anymore. Some of the few animes which poor animation ruins a serie for me.

I really like the source material, but this adaptation is straight trash tier.
The worst part is it's so bland that it's not even in the "so bad it's good" territory.

Seriously, just go watch the source material, this adaptation is a waste of time.
Coming from a new studio and this being their 2nd anime production, I was worrying about the production value from the get go, but this is way worse than I expected. I think I'm going to hard drop this anime serie , despite I gave the source material a 10/10.
Ventus_SOct 21, 2020 5:52 AM
Oct 21, 2020 11:37 PM

Mar 2014
"Gap moe" lol

Why the hell didn't he just explain that the Gamemaster told him to "hit on her"? The others seemed pretty ok with doing whatever he told them to do no questions asked. I hate the trope that the guy is made out to be a perv and not allowed to explain the misunderstanding

The pace is a little fast but I am grasping some of the backstories here as they fly by. So Iu's got a messed up backstory too. Finally found someone to look up to, but then she died and nobody cared because she had an "ugly face". What a shitty father.
Oct 23, 2020 1:37 PM

Dec 2014
welll the new female is something lol..hate how the male protagonist is being treated after being the helpful one
Oct 26, 2020 10:38 AM
Mar 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
best anime this season wow so sugoi

Buddy you must be watching some bang average anime if you consider this the best anime of this season. 💀
Oct 26, 2020 4:01 PM

May 2020
dredoque said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
best anime this season wow so sugoi

Buddy you must be watching some bang average anime if you consider this the best anime of this season. 💀

nah fam u are sleeping on some good shit hahaha how its average lol dont get fool by the people that have good taste. i know i have good taste just check my list lol
Dec 19, 2020 10:15 PM
Jun 2020
What happened to that onee-chan?
Jan 7, 2021 6:12 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Yuka is trash can they throw her in the trash bin plz I can already tell she's going to annoy me greatly, this girl was planning on using the mc to bond with her bullies bruvvv how dumb are u no one in their right mind would want to bond with their bullies

Sep 14, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2021
UGH, SOOO F'n stupid. ALL he had to do was say the guy who runs the game TOLD him to protect her (One of things I Hate most about Anime is when characters don't open their mouth and it causes stupid problems like this) But instead he didn't open his mouth and looks like a pervert scumbag. And I can't believe the other girls who had survived life and death situations immediately believed this weirdo. Also her reason to befriend the girls who had her on the ground trying to film her naked was soo stupid. I REALLY hope this show gets better because this shut is so stupid. If I was him I'd just continue to be a loner after that BS. This is reminding me of Kazuma.
Oct 1, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Yotsuya picking up Yuka in the girls restroom was certainly a weird yet funny scene especially the fact that Yotsuya doesn't have enough selfawareness by thinking he's cool makes that scene even funnier to me.

Feb 24, 2023 7:24 AM
Aug 2017
That Yuka chick pisses me off. Same as the other girls now. Yuka overreacts to everything and starts making false accusations at Yotsuya. The other girls don’t even ask him what happened and just believe every word she says. To top it off they then walk away and leave the dude behind. They’re all useless without Yotsuya what do they think they can accomplish without him. Fucking retarded. 

I hope Yuka gets eaten and can’t get revived. She was getting sexually assaulted and it would have been all over the internet had Yotsuya not stepped in to save her. Yuka then uses him as a mutual enemy to make up with her bullies wtf. I hate cowards like her the most. Even after shitting on him she still blames him for everything and has a tantrum when she sees him again. What a bitch.

Iu even excuses her shitty behaviour. 

If I was Yotsuya I’d cut ties right then and there and go solo. Keep killing monsters and levelling up to get a stronger class while the others finish the quest. 

Iu says she always stops bullying when she sees it because it’s the right thing to do and Yuka says it’s so brave. “What if it costs you your friends or something”. Yotsuya literally did exactly that and they’re shitting on him for it while praising Iu for doing it. Fucking hypocrisy and double standards. 

They all act as if none of that ever happened later on. I’m gonna give it another episode before I decide to drop this garbage. 
Aug 19, 2023 2:59 PM
Aug 2023
Wow, WTF is wrong with those girls in the party, especially the first two.

The new girl Yuka throws the MC under the bus to reconcile with her bully classmates, okay that's fine, that's her business. As she said she thought she'd never see the MC again, and she's stuck with her bully classmates. But then she manipulates the first two girls in the party to think the MC is a pervert when Yuka knows perfectly well the MC saved her from the bullying. She is lying on purpose with what happened to frame the MC as the bad guy to try to get the first two girls on her side. Okay, Yuka's just a crappy person, we can already see that with how she made up with her bully classmates. But the real kicker is Kusue and Iu just automatically sides with her against the MC without asking the MC for his side of the story. He's bloody standing right there when Kusue asks "Why would he do such a thing?" on smashing the phones.

I can't believe the first two girls would just take the new girls' side like that when they don't even know her, but know the MC as he's their classmate and has already adventured with them, and saved their butts. Talk about disloyalty on top of stupidity. I thought the show might have been doing that as a joke which just failed to be funny, but the show makes it clear the girls are ignoring him later on because of such. And Iu's private talk with Yuka, Iu finds out the truth of what really happened in the washroom...yet she still seems to side with Yuka and ignores the MC, WTF!?! Even worse Iu then talks about how she always thought bullying was stupid and tries to stop it, yet she condemns the MC even after finding out it was false? What a hypocrite! What the new girl did and how the first two girls are acting towards the MC is bullying! It just not physical, but rather social and psychological. Iu talks about "if losing friends for what she believes in mean they're not really her friends in the first place", holy cows she's got no right to talk like that after betraying her friendship with the MC. Then when the MC singlehandedly kills all the bug monsters, all three girls start swooning over him for being strong.

I hope the show is going somewhere with all this for character development or something, because the three girls in the party are all looking pretty ugly after this episode. So far Yuka is just utter trash integrity-wise, Iu is a hypocrite, and Kusue is weak. I'm feeling rather disgusted by them, and infuriated with what they did. The MC's inner dialog doesn't paint him out to be a saint, but so far he hasn't said nor done anything that bad yet.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.