Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2020 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
that was so cute and funny
Oct 9, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2016
Well, another funny episode, I hope the series maintains this quality.
Oct 9, 2020 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
Absolutely fantastic. This is the stuff we need more of. This is the rom-com we needed.

This is way too cute, every time Nasa takes damage, I take damage too. My heart can't handle this cuteness overload. "Tonikaku Kawaii" is the most apt description of me watching this show. When Tsukasa got embarrassed at the end, the cuteness level was over 9000. *Breaks scouter*

Between Elaina and Tsukasa, this season has the most adorable female characters in a while.
Oct 9, 2020 2:00 PM
Jul 2019
Oh c'mon Nasa fuck your wife already.
Oct 9, 2020 2:22 PM
May 2020
I might have to give the manga a go. This is too wholesome...
Oct 9, 2020 2:32 PM
Jul 2020
This homie has gotten farther than any romance protagonist in an episode. Meanwhile these protagonist are taking season. He will never beat hentai protagonist they normally have premarital seggs. Tsukasa my become my waifu. That Tsukasa-chan and Nasa-kun had me. I loved it.

The Mc remained me of Kazuya from Kanojo, Okarishimasu but smarter.
Oct 9, 2020 2:35 PM

Aug 2019
HOLY FUCK this is the most wholesome shit I've ever seen. It really warms my heart :D. and as a manga reader I can say that it will only get more wholesome in the future.
Oct 9, 2020 2:56 PM

Jul 2019
One episode of this has more romantic development than in 300 chapters of a romance manga. These mofos be speed running romance anime
Oct 9, 2020 2:57 PM

May 2020
Gosh, this show is really wholesome, I'm loving it so far!
Also, quite funny scenes with sleepy Tsukasa, this newlyweds vibe is soo cute and nice.
Hope this can continue throughout the show!
Oct 9, 2020 3:02 PM

Jan 2020
I don't really understand the high praise, it seems like a simple slice of life anime with a bit of mystery on why she loves him. Can't say I have anything negative about it though, just seems like a fairly simple SOL.
Oct 9, 2020 3:05 PM
May 2018
Did I just see Hajime and Chiaki from Danganronpa?
Oct 9, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
I loved that Hinata and Nanami reference from Danganronpa 2 at 3:20 xDD
Oct 9, 2020 3:15 PM

Aug 2018
AfroWarrior27 said:
Did I just see Hajime and Chiaki from Danganronpa?
Yes you did! I'm amazed too
Oct 9, 2020 3:15 PM

Aug 2018
fantaghost said:
Please tell me I was not the only person to get that Danganronpa reference!
You weren't! It was pretty epic ngl
Oct 9, 2020 3:16 PM
Aug 2020
I thought this episode was really cute and sweet!

I wasn't too sure how to feel about this anime at first, bust after watching this episode, I think I might end up liking it. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see how the story continues to progress before I can make a definite opinion!

Edit: I also loved the Danganronpa reference in the beginning, lol
Oct 9, 2020 3:28 PM

Nov 2015
hmm...why do people love this so much? I get it, its cute, sweet, really wholesome, but... wow... guess i had completely different expectations from what i've heard.
Oct 9, 2020 3:35 PM

May 2020
Nah, it isn't fair lol.

This is so cute. I can't. My heart.
Oct 9, 2020 3:36 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's their first night together and Nasa is already anxious about the whole thing to a point where he ask himself "Why did I get married in the first place?" The scene where Nasa and Tsukasa were shopping for futons at Don Quijote(the Wal-Mart of Japan) was the best part. It even had the famous Don Quijote theme in the background. Reminds me of when I played the Yakuza games and go to Don Quijote to buy random items.
Oct 9, 2020 3:50 PM

Dec 2019
Okay, that was fricking adorable! It's nice to finally see a romance with fluff

What cute couple ^^

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 9, 2020 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, Slam Dunk reference, nice!

I mean it's cute an all but he being 18 and looking/acting like a 12 year old around a girl who he actually got married to it's a bit... eh.
Is the whole show gonna be like this or is it gonna get more serious at some point? Like maybe explaining what's Tsukasa's deal.
Oct 9, 2020 4:06 PM

Sep 2020
So far Ive really liked this show, I gave episode one a 5/5 and this one as well was a 5/5 for me. The OP is def the strongest Ive seen in all of 2020, animations great, and the characters are likable. The MC looks like a 9 year old, but I can look past that if the stories strong and he's actually enjoyable.
Oct 9, 2020 4:25 PM

Jul 2016
This is SO SWEET OMG
Oct 9, 2020 4:26 PM

Oct 2017
FMmatron said:
The rom-com we needed. No shitty harems, just fluff.

More importantly: no unneeded (/excessive) drama!
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Oct 9, 2020 4:30 PM

Sep 2020
XanderFenikkusu said:
FMmatron said:

Its a refreshing take thats for sure!
Oct 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
XanderFenikkusu said:
FMmatron said:

Harem = drama (on the forums xD)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2020 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing their behavior made me laugh, kindhearted Nasa bought a futon for his wife and Tsukasa who was blushing because he was called using -chan.
Oct 9, 2020 5:22 PM
Feb 2018
nasa = hayate
tsukasa = hinagiku

so it's like hayate no gotoku spin off if hayate and hinagiku come together :D
5/5 for this episode, nasa and tsukasa are best couple of 2020 with shinomiya kaguya and shirogane miyuki
Oct 9, 2020 5:36 PM

Apr 2019
Tsukasa being a restless sleeper is pretty relatable.

Now on a serious note , what is that purple thing on her head and why is it defying the laws of physics?
I mean, it could just be some sorta hair clip, but I have my doubts.
Oct 9, 2020 5:38 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
These characters are honestly just pure gold for this type of setting
Oct 9, 2020 6:04 PM

Jun 2007
The romantic comedy genre could stand to have a series like this once in awhile to break up the monotony of harems and infinite misunderstandings.
Oct 9, 2020 6:07 PM

Nov 2017
In amongst everything thats going on in my life,and all thats going on in the world,this anime comes in,and just makes me feel soooooo damn calm!
I mean,could it be more cute and wholesome.
After watching this episode I just felt like the world and all its problems could be a universe away for all I care :)
Oct 9, 2020 6:08 PM

Apr 2009
firstawahono said:
nasa = hayate
tsukasa = hinagiku

so it's like hayate no gotoku spin off if hayate and hinagiku come together :D
5/5 for this episode, nasa and tsukasa are best couple of 2020 with shinomiya kaguya and shirogane miyuki
Tsukasa is more like Atheno though: ojou/high class lady vibe and has mysterious supernatural background.

KatoWorks said:
I don't really understand the high praise, it seems like a simple slice of life anime with a bit of mystery on why she loves him. Can't say I have anything negative about it though, just seems like a fairly simple SOL.

Wait for a few more episodes when more characters get introduced and more comedic interactions happen, then it becomes more comedy oriented like Hayate no Gotoku.
Oct 9, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
Hajime and Chiaki shipped even in other series. Hayate no Gotoku was pretty well known to have tons of parodies and references so it was expected to see some sooner or later in this.

This show is gonna have too much lewd unprotected handholding.
Oct 9, 2020 7:04 PM
May 2020
Danganronpa Reference!:
Those male and female stand-ins were totally Hajime and Chiaki
Oct 9, 2020 7:10 PM

Jun 2017
Pure wholesomeness to soothe the soul. I like how their relationship is delevoping "backwards".
Oct 9, 2020 7:17 PM

Dec 2016
So ... Hajime and Chiaki from Danganronpa ...

Had to go to the manga to see if this was anime original
Oct 9, 2020 7:53 PM
Jan 2017
Tsukasa blushed when Nasa addressed her -chan, that was so adorable I really like her!
Oct 9, 2020 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
god my HP hit zero with all these tete moments how can this be so wholesome

romance development level Iamspeed!

and random dangaronpa reference with the bed math scene lol
katsu044Oct 9, 2020 8:08 PM
Oct 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Jun 2020
was pretty iffy about the first episode, but i really liked this episode, they are so cute, love their interactions! the OP & ED are great too, the ED visuals are so cute! if this keeps up i think i'll really enjoy this simple & wholesome anime ♡__♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 9, 2020 8:39 PM
Jul 2019
Ahhh they really did a good job adapting the manga. This is the kind of fluff I need in the weekend after a shit ton of stress building up. So cute.
Oct 9, 2020 8:41 PM
Jul 2019
Laprox said:
Does anyone else get this ominous feeling, sometimes during the episodes?

Don't mind it. They're making it more suspenseful than it needs to be. Just keep watching and enjoy the wholesomeness.
Oct 9, 2020 8:49 PM
Oct 2020
I'm so glad he waited until she was awake to kiss her ><. To be honest, It kinda sucks that I already know whats going to happen cause I'm reading the manga -nothing bad btw!- but I like the element of surprise when it comes to the cuteness - or should I say kawaii-ness! (ok ill shut up now)
Oct 9, 2020 8:59 PM
Jun 2019
fantaghost said:
Please tell me I was not the only person to get that Danganronpa reference!
When I saw it I got excited
Oct 9, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2018
I've been waiting for these scenes to be animated for so long

"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Oct 9, 2020 10:39 PM

Jul 2020
Ok this episode was about fluff, fluff and more fluff.

And fcking love it. More, give me more.

P.S. Tsukasa-chan's waifu level is over the charts.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 9, 2020 10:41 PM

Jun 2019
Holy shit, this is so wholesome and sweet. I don’t mind at all though. This really cleanses my anime palate of all the edge and drama that I have seen recently. You don’t see too many diabetes anime like this very often.
Oct 9, 2020 11:00 PM

Jul 2016
Uh... I don't know about you guys but seeing Nasa acting like a hormonal kid was more awkward and cringey rather than wholesome. Seriously hope this doesn't end up being the formula for the following weeks.

Rather weak episode, honestly. As I said before, Nasa overreacting for everything his cute wife does is annoying most of the times and not knowing about Tsukasa's side of the story only makes me doubt about her intentions. People say there's nothing fishy here but I can't help but think she's using the poor guy for a major purpose.
Oct 9, 2020 11:07 PM

Oct 2014
KatoWorks said:

Pethaas said:
hmm...why do people love this so much? I get it, its cute, sweet, really wholesome, but... wow... guess i had completely different expectations from what i've heard.

It's the most wholesome and cute thing I've ever watched, Nasa and Tsukasa are both likeable characters who grew on me over time in the manga, and the comedy is actually good for the most part, unlike the stale and forced comedy I always see in rom-coms.

Also, Rom-com anime where the characters are in a relationship are extremely rare. Usually rom-coms are mostly comedy with very little romance. The characters take forever to confess and when the MCs finally get together, that marks the end of the series.

This is an unusual and fresh take on the rom-com genre, you get to see an actual couple being cute and interacting with each other, as opposed to another high school one filled with harem, love triangles, and over-complicated drama and situations that the characters brought upon themselves because they wanna act like wimps or misunderstand everything.

Tonikawa is about a married couple and their daily lives, expect a lot more cuteness and wholesomeness like in this episode. There is hint of a plot in the manga but not much progression in that regard, it's only sprinkled in once in a while, so you'll be disappointed if plot and drama is what you're watching for.
Oct 9, 2020 11:37 PM
Nov 2019
This is so wholesome, i hope they will keep it that way with no shitty ecchi fanservice
Oct 9, 2020 11:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow. One episode, with full of their duration spend accurately to built up their moments together at the first night. Such a solid episode. Its full of sweetness, mostly, and surprisingly too. Its kinda relatable, its no doubt. Its the miracle. Nasa just a fuckin lucky guy, and too pure! Still, my highlight was their relations surely a wholesome, even in their first night. Tsukasa and Nasa reaction, expression, activity, behaviour, TONIKAKU KAWAII! Especially with Tsukasa sleeping habit, and her embarassment while Nasa called her 'chan'. It just so hnngh!

So, thats the beauty of the marriage bonds, pals. Especially with how young they were, in general, their reaction kinda relatable with the real life too. I just simply love them, i mean, maybe from Nasa perspective, it just full of purity! No harrashment at the first night, its a must. Please don't be a wild animal, and let it flow like the calm water. It would be revert and became different 180 degrees, if you were just a became perverted shit in no time, and these cuteness scenes surely never reach your whole damn life. So, calm the fuck down your dick a bit, be gentle, and let your girl showed their cute side first, like these. Maybe i am too exaggerating, its just Tsukasa was way too cute, and Nasa was way too damn chicken. But, i must said it again that i can still took some moral lesson over these damn show. The dream that flying over the moon. At least i got what it means by seeing this XD

Also:

Okay, they separated it into the ED, quite knew to my personal experience. Nice!
badabassOct 9, 2020 11:45 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.