Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2019
I feel like it's a lot for most people. While you dont have to be a extremely good looking you shouldn't be outright ugly either. Ugly people are mentally filtered by both genders when looking for a romantic partners. I think it is shallow but that's how it is
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 26, 2020 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
Looks get you in the door, but personality seals the deal.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Sep 26, 2020 10:46 AM

Aug 2019
FreeThought said:

what if you have an amazing personality but look like crap?
Sep 26, 2020 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
I'm of the opinion that if you like the person a lot, you start liking their appearance too.
Sep 26, 2020 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
lol, Jamaican girl at work told me I'll look better with the makeup, I slapped her ass for that, but then again she always says to me "Anything for you" even though she has a boyfriend 😏
Sep 26, 2020 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
It's the #1 criteria for me. I'd never bang/date someone ugly and/or god forbid fat. There tons of attractive people with amazing personalities - what's the point of wasting your time on uggos and fatties?
Sep 26, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 2018
Two things matter, whats in the head and in the heart.

Sep 26, 2020 10:59 AM

Aug 2019
BallistikJuice said:
lol, Jamaican girl at work told me I'll look better with the makeup, I slapped her ass for that, but then again she always says to me "Anything for you" even though she has a boyfriend 😏

you must be the chad I always hear about

Aug 2020
Katapullt said:
FreeThought said:

Then you have to work on your looks.
Hit the gym, get some fancy threads, get some nice hairstyle it can make or brake look in some cases and you're going to be above average in looks.
It's not that difficult, it just requires discipline and will power.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm

Jan 2017
idk i have never dated before. though i would imagine the allure of physical beauty would go away after some time ie looks would only last for so long
Sep 26, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2019
ysphyr said:
It's the #1 criteria for me
That's shallow, what if you be together with someone for their looks and one day their face gets horribly deformed due to some acid or fire burn?
Sep 26, 2020 11:04 AM

Aug 2019
FreeThought said:
Katapullt said:

Hit the gym, get some fancy threads, get some nice hairstyle it can make or brake look in some cases and you're going to be above average in looks.
It's not that difficult, it just requires discipline and will power.
hey I look like a chad, I was just asking for a friend
Sep 26, 2020 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Katapullt said:
ysphyr said:
That's shallow, what if you be together with someone for their looks and one day their face gets horribly deformed due to some acid or fire burn?

Maybe it's people like you who are shallow for being so obsessed with others' personalities?
And what are the chances that hypothetical disfigurement would happen? There's no point of thinking about it
Sep 26, 2020 11:14 AM

Aug 2019
p0ckyy said:
idk i have never dated before

you're 25 and have never dated before? where do you live?
Sep 26, 2020 11:15 AM

Jan 2019
Katapullt said:
ysphyr said:

While I agree that looks should never be the number 1 criteria for picking a partner, I find this comment hilarious. That's quite the extreme possibility lol, but yes, I understand what you mean and agree.
Sep 26, 2020 11:23 AM

Nov 2017
I mean, looks matter to me, but only to a certain extent. I don't have a type when it comes to that, but I do when it comes to personality.

My judgement of physical beauty is largely affected by the, as my role model would call it, "essential invisible". So I like women who show integrity, emotional maturity, conversational engagement, kindness and compassion.

I have been on dates or hung out with incredibly attractive women in terms of looks. But there were certain aspects of character that made them quite repulsive in my eyes: their treatment of kids and their treatment of those they view as "lower" status to them.

Any attraction I had for them got shot down faster than the Tornado in the Sonic Adventure game
Sep 26, 2020 11:29 AM

Aug 2019
Sheklon said:
Katapullt said:

That's quite the extreme possibility lol

But there are variants of this possibility that are very common. Example: being with someone for their youthful looks and they end up going bald somewhat prematurely. Excessively prioritising looks is bad for men too as women typically age like shit post pregnancy and after their thirties
Sep 26, 2020 11:32 AM

Jan 2017
Katapullt said:
p0ckyy said:
idk i have never dated before

you're 25 and have never dated before? where do you live?
i live in the u s of motherfucking a

xd
Sep 26, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2018
They matter quite a bit I'd say but personality probably matters more.
--
Sep 26, 2020 11:34 AM

Jan 2019
Katapullt said:
Sheklon said:

That's quite the extreme possibility lol

But there are variants of this possibility that are very common. Example: being with someone for their youthful looks and they end up going bald somewhat prematurely. Excessively prioritising looks is bad for men too as women typically age like shit post pregnancy and after their thirties

Yea, but people that date prioritizing looks probably aren't doing it expecting for such long relationships. I assume they only care about what they're getting now.
Sep 26, 2020 11:52 AM

Jun 2020
Looks matter when I'm crushing on someone, but it's usually just a love at first sight and it won't last long. Once I get to know his personality, I often would change my mind. So yeah I don't think much of it. I've experienced liking a few guys that I initially considered as ugly. Since as I get to know him more, I would get more used to his looks. Then I would stop thinking about him as ugly too, since someone would look more attractive to me if they got nice personality and same interests as me. And as long as I enjoy being with him, everything else doesn't really matter to me.

Sep 26, 2020 12:01 PM

Apr 2017
Looks matter but the thing that I look for the most in any relationship must be kindness and good manners, I would never let myself end up with an abusive partner.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 26, 2020 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
They're fairly important, but I'd much rather date someone who's plain and has a great personality than someone who's hot and shallow.
Take care of yourself

Sep 26, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2016
First someone sees you, then you talk with them. If they are disgusted by your looks then your personality is irrelevant.
So yes, looks are important, at least initially. Otherwise why would people try to dress nice, make hair, etc.
RandomFridaySep 26, 2020 12:24 PM
Sep 26, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2019
On that I agree with @--ALEX-- : men are the most shallow when it comes to looks (me included). More precisely, Stendhal argues that the physical appearance is what makes you curious about a character, and it is what Casanova regrets having lost when he gets around 50; the passport that had given him the insurance of a rapid social and romantic success. If someone is physically repulsive, then obviously, I will not care about their personality, and the same applies to some physical defaults I cannot get accustomed to, no matter how great their characters may be.
Sep 26, 2020 1:08 PM

May 2014
Usually I find that people who are physically unattractive are also people who have a lack of dicipline, no ambitions and are not willing to put in the effort to look better.

If you do those things, I really don't think you'll be branded as unattractive unless you look hideous/ are disfigured.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 26, 2020 1:16 PM
Sep 2019
This is how I rate the importance of physical appearance per encounter (1 to 10 - ten being very high importance):

1st impression before any words are spoken and seen at a glance: 6
Secondary interaction involving brief face-to-face communication: 7
Encounter involving prolonged interaction (i.e. shared temporary activity): 6
Consistent presence through routine or cycles: 5
Constant presence in life: 4
---------------------------

Explanation:
I initially judge a person by just looking their way...do they seem cleanly, are they taking care of their own health, what is their fashion style, body characteristics (height, weight, hair style, facial features), their posture (relaxed, stern, in a hurry, aggressive, exclusive, inclusive, etc). I use this first impression as a means to quickly categorize a person based only on what I see.

If I get the chance to talk to them, then I get the chance to see them in a more detailed light close and personal. This is also where I can gauge a person based on conversation.

Additional and repeated interactions after the first 2, I put less and less emphasis on looks...the physical features of a person has already done enough to catch my eye earlier...now the focus is on knowing them better. I'll still notice any physical changes that can be positive or negative, but I won't be nearly has harsh in my assessment of a person based on looks. At some point a relationship (platonic or romantic) will have developed to the point where the looks just aren't important enough for me to worry about.

Sep 26, 2020 1:21 PM

Jun 2008
I was a kid in the 90s and a teen in the 2000s

I grew up with the stereotype that men ONLY cared about looks, and women cared more about personality than looks.

Now it's reverse?

I don't buy it.

Men still care about looks a WHOLE LOT, this new concept that guys want a "Nice girl" is bullshit IMHO.

The FIRST thing that attracts men to ANY girl is their looks.

For me, I look at the face and ass (I don't care too much about overrated tits).

Ass is everything.
Sep 26, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
im a simple man so i also go for looks but not the face part but the body part should be somewhat sexy lol but im a fat ass so nah not gonna happen maybe in the next life with this #BlockUniverseTheory stuff
Sep 26, 2020 2:40 PM

Oct 2016
I think it do matter for most people, because appearances are the first thing we find attractive. For me personally, I'd say I not a fan of girls taller than me, that's it. Again, I have zero dating experience so who knows.
Sep 26, 2020 3:02 PM

Jun 2020
Definitely important, but not the most important. Like everyone says, personality is the prime mover.
Sep 26, 2020 3:06 PM

Sep 2007
For all the men who are lacking just a few inches, buy these glasses to help you look a bit taller.

Sep 26, 2020 3:10 PM

Jun 2008
Good thing about being Latin is that Latin girls are almost all below 5 foot 6 inches.

So even someone like me (I'm 5 foot 9 inches) look like a giant next to a Latin girl.

The girl I've been seeing on and off is White Latin and she's only like 5 foot 3 soooo, feels good man.
Sep 26, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2018
Its mainly the only thing that matters. I rather a rude girl who is super hot than an ugly nice girl. just my preference though

Sep 26, 2020 3:54 PM

Apr 2019
No looks matter. It's all about luck on the draw. a Girl ether finds you sexy or the ugliest person in the world. a Man can even show some chivalry and she can be still be ungrateful regardless what the man have done. She'll just call the date off and she'll find another man that treats her "good" with no effort of showing love at all. This will leave the man who was honest and caring really devastated. This shows how much dating is a waste of time. Dating is just Gambiling at this point and Russian roulette is when marriage comes in to play.
Sep 26, 2020 4:05 PM

May 2014
Tomoko_nepnep said:
No looks matter. It's all about luck on the draw. a Girl ether finds you sexy or the ugliest person in the world. a Man can even show some chivalry and she can be still be ungrateful regardless what the man have done. She'll just call the date off and she'll find another man that treats her "good" with no effort of showing love at all. This will leave the man who was honest and caring really devastated. This shows how much dating is a waste of time. Dating is just Gambiling at this point and Russian roulette is when marriage comes in to play.

It's not that black and white, yes there are those who fall for douches but do you honestly think a successful person is going to pick a douche to date or marry? The people you're talking about are usually flawed themselves and just attract their own kind.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 26, 2020 4:38 PM

Apr 2019
TheConquerer said:
Tomoko_nepnep said:

It's not that black and white, yes there are those who fall for douches but do you honestly think a successful person is going to pick a douche to date or marry? The people you're talking about are usually flawed themselves and just attract their own kind.

Even the douche/chad can fail at it at some point they just have a lower chance of failing compared how a honest caring man can have a higher chance of failing a date. Again though its just luck of the draw
Sep 26, 2020 4:43 PM
Feb 2017
The person has to be attractive. Why would I want to date someone who is ugly? So no fat people, piercings, ugly-looking tattoos, etc.

People who say “personality is everything” are jokes. I’m not attracted to ugliness. Both personality and looks are 2 sides of the same coin. If one side is battered up, it’s not worth it.
MegaStrideSep 26, 2020 4:46 PM
Sep 26, 2020 5:37 PM

Apr 2020
Its easily the most important thing to me
I rather a hot annoying chick then an ugly nice girl
:P
Sep 26, 2020 8:39 PM

Aug 2019
operationvalkyri said:
I'm of the opinion that if you like the person a lot, you start liking their appearance too.
I like your view the most, it's hopeful
Sep 26, 2020 8:50 PM

May 2016
A lot. But I wouldn't go any lower than a 6.
Sep 26, 2020 9:10 PM

Aug 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
what if she has a good heart like come on dude more than 50% percent of the population is below 6
fishyrishiSep 26, 2020 9:20 PM
Sep 26, 2020 9:29 PM

Apr 2010
I care about them but not a WHOLE lot. Like as long as I find the girl attractive and she isn't fat then I'd date her as long as she wasn't an asshole. Having preferences when it comes to to girls/guys and wanting them to have all these physical attributes is fun and all but it's not realistic to expect them to have all of it.
Sep 26, 2020 9:33 PM
Mar 2019
I do base on looks a whole lot on first date but if their personality is a hot piece of garbage I'd ditch them ASAP.
Sep 26, 2020 9:36 PM

May 2016
Katapullt said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
what if she has a good heart like come on dude more than 50% percent of the population is below 6

I think we have different definitions of 6. I would say majority are 6s. Not everyone i see is "ew gross" when I walk in across the street
Sep 26, 2020 10:27 PM
Mar 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Katapullt said:

I think we have different definitions of 6. I would say majority are 6s. Not everyone i see is "ew gross" when I walk in across the street

Even a 6 would be fine as long as they didn't act stupid or a manipulative piece of shit.
Sep 26, 2020 10:33 PM

Jul 2019
I mean it does matter. People who say it's all personality are lying. If looks didn't matter, then everyone would be in a relationship
Sep 26, 2020 11:12 PM

Aug 2019
Meusnier said:
On that I agree with @--ALEX-- : men are the most shallow when it comes to looks (me included)

Well only because women also care about status and money in their partner, which in my opinion is equally shallow
Sep 26, 2020 11:30 PM

Jun 2019
Katapullt said:
Meusnier said:
On that I agree with @--ALEX-- : men are the most shallow when it comes to looks (me included)

Well only because women also care about status and money in their partner, which in my opinion is equally shallow

Probably, but then us men are advantaged more thanks to this multivariable estimation of our value on the stock market of relationships. I was just referring to the impression I have that it is not rare to see unattractive men dating attractive women (and not the other way around). To me, this also shows that the incel logic is flawed as looks for men are not necessarily the most important thing. Still I hear such absurd statements "I am a 6/10 so I cannot date a 8/10..."
Sep 26, 2020 11:50 PM

Dec 2016
Incels are looking for a permanent relationship in which their partners fidelity is absolutely unequivocably assured. No matter their own personal behavior. Toxic, passive aggressive, conflict avoidant. Narcissistic neurotic.
Even if they got their dream girl they would spend all day thinking she was banging Chad.
Getting angry at branch swinging is like getting angry with a tornado.
Why did God even create tornadoes anyways? Why are we here? Just to suffer?
Does the sudden unexpected unbridled destructive savagery of the tornado exist just to mock us of our vain attempts to create permanence? ;_;

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - 10 hours ago

9 by cody »»
8 minutes ago

» Checking the date

AcbSnakeDemon - 1 hour ago

1 by cody »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

762 by Crawlie »»
2 hours ago

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - 10 hours ago

14 by Kwanthemaster »»
3 hours ago

» is 200k the limit?

YukiTheAlmighty - May 11

21 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.