Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 17, 2020 5:29 PM
Aug 2018
saifors said:
I think it was pretty obvious, but this anime was basically one big shitpost.
The ridiculousness makes it quite obvious this was basically one big parody.
the most enjoyable parody of the season for me then
Oct 18, 2020 6:51 AM
Mar 2012
Loved this full on absurdity, large war against an armored titan.
Lay planned 2000yrs to get sacrificed for humans a 2nd time to recover the peace Anos created and protect him, that's toptiered boyfriend dedication.
When AinsDemon Cat made Misha & Sasha gattai, and fan union's new song were great.
Surprisingly each arc got a concrete plot, some mysteries & threads that get resolved better than usual isekai/fantasy. Also the attention to detail, like Anos returning the shell that Jerga dropped 2000 years ago (flashback shown a few episodes back), the whole shell theme sowing thru last arc, and even reunited Lay & Misa.
Oct 20, 2020 12:16 AM

Nov 2019
It was amazing! Specially the ending. Love it man!
Anos got a nice family !
His mom always welcome his wifes(new girls) every time he brought them.
The story was nice with characters details like Lays,Misa etc
Oct 20, 2020 1:10 PM

Mar 2012
I liked this series. I thought the Kannon twist was kinda dumb but I had fun watching this despite the harem hijnks.

I think I would have a preferred an Anos X Kannon yaoi ending though. Waiting for each other for 2000 years? It writes itself.
Oct 20, 2020 8:34 PM

May 2012
An anime that resolves things in one cour? What the...

The singing was weird at first but it did give the anime a unique vibe I'm not going to lie.
Oct 21, 2020 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
You can't tell me this series isn't a parody of the Gary Stu genre. It's hilariously over the top and it totally owns it.

And despite it being obviously rushed at the end, this was at least not left on a cliffhanger. If it gets a season two I will watch it, but if not, this ending is just fine.
Oct 22, 2020 2:25 AM

Oct 2009
Top tier parody lol
Oct 22, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2019
Coranie said:
Top tier parody lol

Too bad they didn't want it that way though.
Oct 25, 2020 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
Decent show if you have spare time but the story was rushed. I feel the concept of Demon kings wanting peace is more fitting when you have a comical story line for example the demon is a part timer anime. In Anos's case he wants to reclaim his identity and also wants peaceful coexistence. But realistically wouldn't him being acknowledged as the demon king of tyranny bring war instead?

Honestly, I like OP protagonists but not on a Godlike level. The other characters were okay. But the ending was disappointing like Lay, Avos and Kanon were the same people the entire time. I was expecting a new demon king or something else. And according to me this last episode brought the story to an absolute conclusion.
Oct 28, 2020 12:21 AM
Oct 2020
SomeGuyWithHair said:
And that "death" gave me Code Geass season 2 vibes except Lelouch of the Resurrection was canon.

That's what I had in mind after finishing this episode. An abridged Code Geass with a happy ending. LOL

Love both shows! <3
Oct 30, 2020 3:18 AM

Aug 2020
For me who knows the story by anime I really liked it was one of the few anime that made me see from beginning to end without clicking the mouse to advance.
It has a little bit of everything romance, comedy, drama, action, mystery ...
Where the past is repeated, but in a very different way.
I hope that there will be a series for 2021 for sure that I will be an attentive spectator.

After 2000 years, the cruel demon has just reincarnated! But is your fitness at a gym to nurture candidates for demon lords "inept" !? Having the ability to destroy humans, elementals and gods, after a long period of countless wars and conflicts, Arnos, the demon lord, became sick and tired of all this and yearned for a peaceful world, so he decided to reincarnate in the future. However, what awaited him after his reincarnation is a world so accustomed to peace that his descendants have become too weak due to a huge weakening of magical powers.
Nov 3, 2020 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
Stark700 said:
So we're getting to witness more of Anos' demon lord magic even after all these 2000 years...

It's another rushed episode if you ask me. Somehow, they wanted to give Lay some spotlight too in the battle. Nothing really changed about his character. They wanted to make this finale look like some epic thriller but everything feels forced to the end including that song by his classmates. Meh show, not going to miss it.
yeah.... I don't like how he wanted to kill Anos all of a sudden then when he does he cries?.... and on top of that when Anos comes back he fights along side him?.... its like... why tf did u wanna kill him in the 1st place!
Nov 9, 2020 4:35 AM
Apr 2019
Im confused, so the fake Anos is kanon and lay is kanon?
Nov 14, 2020 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
"Even when i die, i dont" - Anos Voldigoad

Orochimaru must be proud of him

7/10 for the show
Nov 21, 2020 8:32 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
The only thing stronger then hate that isn't love, is bromance apparently.
Nov 28, 2020 9:57 AM
Jan 2011
I'm so sad that lately, much good anime get trolls... (why? because the conclusion is obvious, predictable, unoriginal, not like the novel etc...people enjoy the story, atmosphere and more than what's the conclusion and how accurate and correct its logic is...And I never understood why people hate Isekai....to that level...that they troll anything they might "think" it is like with this anime...)
Psi18cNov 29, 2020 4:53 AM
Nov 28, 2020 6:31 PM

Nov 2019
This show is so dumb... yet it's dumb in an enjoyable way for the most part (this two episode concluding arc is pretty bad though).

That it was able to occasionally create tense situations despite featuring an omnipotent main character and commonplace resurrection magic was a pleasant surprise. Quite a few creators tend to stumble at that hurdle, not realizing that in certain situations being unable to die can create far more dread than the threat of death

And, let's be honest, death is never a credible threat where a series' MC is concerned in the first place.
Dec 1, 2020 12:28 AM

Sep 2020
First 5 episodes were great, and things kinda went downhill from there. The plot became predictable, and things seemed a little rushed. The final battle was ok, but they tried giving too much of the spotlight to Ray, and I honestly would've enjoyed the battle more if it was the OP or ED instead of the fanclub singing.
Jerga was an underwhelming final villain, and some relationships (Ray and Misa) were just kind of random.
Enjoyable nonetheless, and if there is a season 2, I will most likely watch.
Final: 5/10
Dec 1, 2020 9:14 PM
Oct 2019
That wasn't a good ending. Kind of bad, honestly - a little worse than "average", imo.

I thought this show was initially a fun, amusing satirical take on overpowered MCs. But that didn't last and I nearly dropped it somewhere in the middle episodes. The ending got a little bit better, but that finale lacked.

Think I'd give this series a 5/10 overall. I don't have any desire to watch any OVAs or a season 2 if they were to happen.
Dec 6, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2016
Episodes 12-13 felt really rushed. Episode 13 had some good moments, but it was my least favorite episode of the series.

Overall, it's not a bad anime. It was entertaining. I like Anos. I like protags that are so OP it's so ridiculous but funny. I loved every moment his parents were on screen.

I wouldn't mind a season 2 or an OVA if it includes Anos' parents meeting the 10,000 grands, more Lay x Misa, more Lay and Anos bromance moments, and more Necron fusion powers, but no more club songs. I'd prefer they sing for the intro or outro.
Dec 13, 2020 9:32 PM

Aug 2018
10,000 grandchildren lmfao. Good anime, but felt very short. Anos was amazing to watch! Im really glad he was able to reunite with Kanon, but there were a few things I wish I got to see... What happened with Emilia? His swordmaster friend?
Still though, very fun to watch anime.

Dec 24, 2020 10:59 AM
Mar 2019
any news about season 2? thx
Jan 5, 2021 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
It was a satisfactory conclusion. Evil human is defeated while everyone is happy...also the transformation of Sasha and Misha was unexpected!

This anime was unexpectedly good. Excessively evil villains were a bit repetitive until the last arc and some parts were rushed but I would like to watch a second season. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 18, 2021 9:11 PM

Oct 2020
The fight scene and also when the girls cheered for anos was so perfect,damn anos now have 100 identical kids
Feb 21, 2021 6:03 AM

Mar 2019
This was a good one.
6/10.
It can be summed up in a single line : To you, in 2000 years.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Mar 10, 2021 7:33 AM

Apr 2016
So the saga of Chad McChaderson Chad is at its end .. for now. With the power of gayness, idols and anime gods he overcomed all the wrongs in the world and brought everlasting peace upon the world .. for now.

Fucking what/10
Mar 10, 2021 9:48 AM

Sep 2012
SaruDesu422 said:
Im confused, so the fake Anos is kanon and lay is kanon?

YEP, and to save hes friend he became fake Anos

Psi18c said:
I'm so sad that lately, much good anime get trolls... (why? because the conclusion is obvious, predictable, unoriginal, not like the novel etc...people enjoy the story, atmosphere and more than what's the conclusion and how accurate and correct its logic is...And I never understood why people hate Isekai....to that level...that they troll anything they might "think" it is like with this anime...)

true but thats not isekai

isekai is if mc gets summoned or reincarnated in to another world but Anos got just reincarnated, reincarnation itself doesn't equal Isakai
Sugram22Apr 28, 2021 2:11 AM
Mar 13, 2021 1:59 PM

May 2015
That was a nice re-watch. I really like this series. I also love the whole thing between Kanon and MC. Their rivalry and friendship are great. The hero and Demon King fighting side by side. This is just making me want to have the same dynamic with a dnd character lol. The plot twist that Kanon is actually the fake demon lord is really good. Makes for an interesting ending setting and that scene where MC sacrificed himself lelouch style is really good.

Also, completely forgot they announced a season 2 for this. No idea what they can continue off unless it's just more generic high school things. The story was pretty complete here. Guess we'll see.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2021 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
This is kind of crazy. I never thought a decent story could be written around the most overpowered character I've seen, but here we are. Kind of shocking, gotta give props to the writer just for being able to think this up.
Jun 19, 2021 12:48 PM

Jun 2021
Well, at the end, journey over. I'm happy that I picked it up before the season 2 hit !!

And so, yeah, as everybody saying, last couple of episodes are surely rushed. I mean, damn, they didn't give any proper identity or introduction to the rest 3 of the 7 demon lords. Also, same as the episode 12, I again cringed damn high at that "fan club singing". I'm very much bored with this cliche stuffs of "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP". Didn't expected this trope to be present in this anime numerous of time. They could have put only a decent OST rather than Anos ordering fan union to sing.
That's aside, we get bromance in the end instead of romance. Okay, those two Lay and Anos, pair was interesting.

And MAN, 3rd girl into the harem, not any problem, but DAMN 10k kids !! His father and mother gonna have very hard time now. Also, they were the most funny couples i saw in anime ever (≧▽≦)

Great series for me though, btw, as the main mystery of fake demon king already solved, what else are we gonna get to see next ? Any LN reader can enlighten me. As the LN still hasn't been translated after V3, which is, i think, the same as the anime ended.

~ Weeboo
Aug 14, 2021 10:11 AM

May 2020
POG CHAMP MAOU FINALLY YOU HAVE FRIENDING WITH HERO. GGWP THIS IS HAREM DEMON KING !

BIG SUPPORT TO FAN UNION THEY DID THE BEST AS A GIRLBAND!
Aug 26, 2021 1:52 AM
Aug 2018
I’m actually surprised how such a shitty show could be actually quite enjoyable lmao. I quite liked the ending as well.
Sep 23, 2021 12:33 PM
Jul 2021
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
EPIC AND BOMBASTIC FINALE, this is NOT just for show. If the plot to kill Hero Kanon wasn't enough, the additional requirement of a sword to nullify the original history of what was already true with Arnos, then I'd not know what to say if history would be rewritten THIS many times with revisions every now and then over the 2,000 years before and now the 2,000 years after. ALL THAT, meaning to kill the part of Avos Dilhevia and save the part of Hero Kanon that still resides within Ray, and replicate everything that was set in stone.

If that's not enough, the infamy of the curse STILL doesn't stop with Jerga, and the rest follows up with Arnos's diversion of a spell. Now it's not the Hero Kanon and Demon King Arnos, it's Hero Ray and Demon King Arnos, together as one to finish off the age-old hatred. The entire ordeal done with everyone's power and also the Arnos Fan Club, it was MAGNIFICENCE from start to finish.

And the harem keeps growing to the dismay of Anos's parents, but it's ALL A-OK!

Never expected this generic OP fantasy LN show to keep on surprising me, and Silver Link, what a profound choice to choose to go all-out to adapt with inept precision.

"Let the world be filled with love..." what a way to end this show on a HIGH, REMARKABLE note.

Dismay?? Granted I'm just rewatching it again now and am only up to Ep 6 this time but his parents were LOVING that he had multiple girls in the beginning and I don't remember them disliking it at any point unless my memory is fuzzy on the end? Anyway CAN'T wait for S2
Nov 30, 2021 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
Killed some time again with rewatching this but yeah... still never really had even ironic fun and it was just boring for me throughout. The positives for this were, that it's one of the few SILVER LINK. anime where I don't hate it visually, and the opening song is nice by CIVILIAN. Rest was just a boring over-the-top power fantasy series that tries to thrive on the ironic nature of it through the eyes of the Demon King reincarnated himself, but fell flat and forgettable for most of it from gags to actual story elements, on top a bad final episode and ending.
Dec 29, 2021 11:31 AM

Mar 2019
Had to rewatch this episode again because I didn't know how to feel about the ending and it was a good decision. While it still wasn't amazing, I enjoyed it a bit more.

With that said, there are still things that I wish were different:

Probably my biggest problem with this season was the damn fan club. It was the most useless and annoying part in the season. There were much better ways to fill in their purpose, which imo was only to protect Anos' mother in that episode until he arrived and to make us hate the teacher more because "Omg she violently attacked her own students". There were much better ways to go around that.

While the later part of the fight between Lay and Anos was nice, the beginning of it, the destruction of the former's 6 sources, was really rushed and it didn't feel like a true fight whatsoever.

One major problem I had was with the last 5 demon emperors. While I liked Melheis and Ivis had his part, the others basically weren't existent. Those 2 swordsmen were thrown in for 10 seconds when Lay was introduced and then, together with the other 3, became a useless "feature" of this show. Their importance was non-existent and they were basically useless.

One small complaint I had was with the way it ended. It didn't really feel special at all. They just returned home like nothing of importance has happened. Also, the random comedy at the end was also out of place since its only purpose was to have Anos' parents appear in the finale and I hate when it happens. I'd rather not have them appear at all over having them be in it just for the sake of it.

Overall, enjoyed the rewatch more, but it still has problems. Nonetheless, it was a nice watch, nothing special but nothing bad either.
Alex_TheForestDec 29, 2021 12:36 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 7, 2022 9:33 AM
Jan 2022
just finished this series, one thing keep bothering me,
did lay's last source cracked/destroyed when the armored jerga blast a blue beam towards him? bcs the scene show his last yellow source and a cracking sound for a brief second.
Jan 22, 2022 9:49 PM
Jan 2016
Its trash. I love it
Jan 28, 2022 11:56 AM
Dec 2021
i saw somewhere the worlds most perfect nickname for Anos... No Punch Man
Feb 6, 2022 5:36 PM

May 2017
Does this dude's family eat anything besides mushroom gratin? It does look fucking tasty though ngl

The main villain was pretty lame, the anime was predictable, the ending was cringe, but the stupidly overpowered Chad MC made it fun to watch I suppose.

5/10
Mar 16, 2022 4:49 AM

Dec 2008
Well it wasnt a bad show. However there could have been more than just the petty dealins within the academy and THEN a competition with hero humans that took so long. Hopefully season 2 really wows us. The singing to empower the lead was a bit lame, yet I enjoyed how cool the overpowered nature was in the show at times. 6.5/10
Mar 19, 2022 2:02 PM

May 2020
Oh wow so many things packed in a single episode, though that doesn't mean any less enjoyment. Of course the real villain came out to be those heroes, but the duo of Anos and Lay were just too much, heck even their own turned up against them lol. Not sure how to feel about that insert song, but okay I guess that's the only they can give that "fan union" a speck of screen time.

Honestly series was enjoyable with some cool and epic moments throughout, not much about the story though. Also pacing definitely needs a check, but still will give a 7/10. As the main, Anos never disappointed me.

Now there's a double cour second season which already got announced last year itself coming, i'm curious how the story will turn out there cuz this felt like a stopping point tbh.
May 15, 2022 5:51 AM

May 2020
well that was a pretty fun binge
hopefully s2 p1 come out soon
solid 8/10

Jun 1, 2022 3:09 PM

May 2017
this anime was so bad that it was good. i can't describe it differently. you can't rate a show on a line from 1 to 10 but on a circle from one to ten.

This was very enjoyable. Can't wait for that season 2.

no but seriously this was actually the epitome of... i can't describe it.
Just: "did you really think that just because this is a bad anime, that it would mean its bad?"
I'm sure Anos would say something around those lines.
Jun 30, 2022 5:41 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty decent show overall, it felt rushed way too much pretty often, and the visuals weren't exactly on top, but was still enjoyable.
Overall 7/10 for me
Jul 9, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2020
Really fun show, binged it 1 day.

Tho, the pacing and the story could've been better, but nonetheless its an 8 for me
Jul 29, 2022 9:57 PM

Jun 2015
LustrousParadox said:

Just: "did you really think that just because this is a bad anime, that it would mean its bad?"

hahaha god bless you
Aug 22, 2022 4:42 PM
Aug 2018
A feel good anime about an OP MC and lots of waifus.
Aug 26, 2022 6:55 AM
Apr 2021
the fight was cool but the ending was not as expected
Sep 5, 2022 10:33 AM

Jun 2021
10/10

perfectly balanced as all things should be.
Sep 28, 2022 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
This anime is so dumb lol

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

106 by PrimeX »»
Feb 18, 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.