Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2020 11:44 AM
Oct 2019
WOW! That was a really good first episode.

Yuuji Itadori is a very interesting character his outlook on death is intriguing- the lack of emotion to his grandpa death, his motivation for saving his occultist club member friends wasn't only because his Grandpa told him to save people but also the way they were going to die was ‘unacceptable’. I hope/wonder if this is explored further? Or I am just looking to deep into this?

This episode felt nostalgic, reminded me a little of Tokyo Ghoul SEASON 1!

Yuuji is very strong even though being possessed with the special grade curse object. He bodied that other curse. It was funny to watch him take so causal to the ‘thing’ possessing his body.

Can’t wait for next week’s episode.
Oct 2, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:
This episode felt very reminisce of the setup of Fate/Stay Night's first ep.

I was thinking the *exact* same thing!
Oct 2, 2020 11:48 AM

Apr 2019
Solid first episode, will see how this goes.

Oct 2, 2020 11:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats quite the sight to wake up to. Pretty catchy opening and looks like we will have quite a large cast as well. Interesting injection of comedy in the form of the rugby field and the sc presidents interactions. Itadori's strength sure was unreal. That was sound advice that the gran gave before his passing. So the cursed object contained a monster huh. Still what a dramatic entrance that Itadori made on to the field. The combat between Itadori/Fushigoro and the curse though sure featured an excellent combination of tension and desperation that paved the way for his awakening. Overall a pretty strong opening ep that featured an excellent blend of character intro, world building, tension and combat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 12:40 PM

Jul 2017
I hate the franchise but man, that OP was superbly done. I can't even complain it's one of the best I've seen this year.
Oct 2, 2020 12:43 PM
Aug 2020
Aye aye this episode SLAPPED, very great start, already having better treatment than GOH, thank you mappa for saving the best for 2nd to last (AOT will be the best)
Oct 2, 2020 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first couple of minutes where a bit chaotic but then things clicked into place in the second half. Entertaining so far.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 2, 2020 12:47 PM

Mar 2017
That was incredible! MAPPA is absolutely killing it with their animation lately and this is no exception; amazing fight scenes and, even though I love the rough art style of the manga, they've done well to keep the characters appearances the same but cleaner. That voice cast too... Yuuma Uchida, Juuichi Suwabe, Junya Enoki, Yuuichi Nakamura; that is A list casting!

I can't wait for next week's episode; Gojou vs Sukuna is gonna be a fight to remember!
Oct 2, 2020 1:01 PM
Jun 2020
Great ep1 i love it
Oct 2, 2020 1:26 PM
Oct 2017
Pretty decent first episode i'd say that was pretty good! At the start i was kinda mild on it even if the opening looked really nice. The later half has interested me and definitely makes me want to check out the next of the episodes.

Itadori seemed liked your basic shonen dude but his power seems interesting...
(haven't read the manga) 6/10 episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 1:50 PM

Feb 2017
Better than GOHS animation imo + this time we actually have a decent good plot and story.

hype
Oct 2, 2020 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
MY GOD MAPPA YOU'RE AMAZING

They did the Manga more than justice holy shit
Oct 2, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
Now this show has sure left an impression so far. Animation was superb. Story looks good. It's a good introduction and Mappa has already left a better impression here than it did with GOH.

It was pretty obvious that Yuuji's grandad passed due to the curse he was carrying, but that was still pretty sad. I take it Yuuji's parents are already gone, atleast that's the feeling I am getting from that conversation.

I love this whole business of curses and what happened at the end. That looked absolutely sick. Preview really makes me hyped, can't wait to see more!
Oct 2, 2020 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
First time I heard of this series, but I definitely want to see the next episode now
Oct 2, 2020 2:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Now this is how leave a first impression for a new series. This series has a likeable protagonist with an interesting plot and a good combination of action and humor.

I can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 2, 2020 2:58 PM

Jan 2018
MAPPA stay winning folks
What a beautiful Duwang
Oct 2, 2020 2:58 PM

Jan 2018
Suitedup said:
First time I heard of this series, but I definitely want to see the next episode now

It's like a hodgepodge of Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho if you like either of those
What a beautiful Duwang
Oct 2, 2020 3:06 PM

May 2015
Holy shit, the animation in the OP was some of the best I've ever seen. Hopefully we see quality like that in the show itself. Song is an absolute banger as well. Definitely one of the best OPs of the year.
TsukuyomiREKTOct 2, 2020 3:10 PM

Oct 2, 2020 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
Nice start! Already interested in the story. Hope it won't disappoint.
Oct 2, 2020 3:09 PM

Jul 2016
Good first episode, the story promises well and the protagonist seems interesting, I have high expectations on this work, I hope they will be rewarded.
Oct 2, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
That directing doesnt feel right at all. The scene where the grandpa died felt so off. He was rotating and talking without any problems and suddnely dies of old age. Lol
Oct 2, 2020 4:08 PM
Oct 2018
Mappa is turning into my favorite studio their animation style is so neat. Good first ep and nice op + the animation in the op was just so good
Oct 2, 2020 4:11 PM

Mar 2020
This was a crazy good opening episode. With the top notch animation,art and hopefully a good story to come I can say that this would probably be one of the best shows of the season. Gotta say I'm a little freaked out by the cursed spirits but that's ok.....I'm still invested in this show anyways. Can't wait for next weeks episode!!
Oct 2, 2020 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
This was great, I really liked it.

The visuals were great and the soundtrack was awesome too. Comedy was amusing and the action is very appealing with the way it's directed.

Itadori seems a little nonchalant with the way he acts but he does care for the people around.

The awakening at the end was very cool as well.
Looking forward to more.

thebrentinator24 said:
I think someone else already pointed this out, was how Yuji was able to fight pretty much like a superhuman even before eating the relic lol. Idk I just thought it was odd for a seemingly ordinary high schooler to be able to do all those acrobatics and fend off these monsters. Whatever though, I can overlook that, can't wait for the next episode.

I assume there's something special about him and his body. His grandfather does hint at him having a 'strong body' and he kept trying to tell him about his parents.
Oct 2, 2020 5:15 PM

Apr 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

thebrentinator24 said:
I think someone else already pointed this out, was how Yuji was able to fight pretty much like a superhuman even before eating the relic lol. Idk I just thought it was odd for a seemingly ordinary high schooler to be able to do all those acrobatics and fend off these monsters. Whatever though, I can overlook that, can't wait for the next episode.

I assume there's something special about him and his body. His grandfather does hint at him having a 'strong body' and he kept trying to tell him about his parents.

And also, they showed it to us before, with the bet with the teacher :)
Hi
Oct 2, 2020 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I find the first episode quite entertaining with the witty humor but also the supernatural elements. Some of the episode also gave me Bleach vibes.

Yuuji is a bit of airhead, kinda opposite of Megumi. With 24 episodes, there should be enough time to develop his character. I also do kinda like how the episode threw in bits of info about the supernatural content but without going overboard. It felt just enough so far to get new viewers to understand the premise and story.

Animation looks decent so far, hope the studio can keep it consistent.

OP song is also pretty dope.
Oct 2, 2020 6:04 PM

Dec 2016
Another Mappa hit incoming. Animation and story were clean.
Oct 2, 2020 6:32 PM

May 2020
Good first episode this anime looks promising

Oct 2, 2020 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
I had started to read this last year after some buzz then stopped after a couple of chapters due to hearing it was getting a anime i still hear good things about this whenever it pops up so gonna refrain from talking too much about it outside of the Op and cuts of animation seem really fucking good but i'm not sure if it's just the OG art style that looks a bit jarring to look at with very exaggerated long faces and that hasn't changed here lol , and seeing it in motion its even more clear Yuji had some kind of inhumanly strong powers before the demon finger eating "to be explained at a later date"

looking forward to seeing how this turns out of all the common demon hunter/like jump shows this seems to be a really well praised one guess we gotta wait till it get it's "York New" arc
Oct 2, 2020 8:02 PM

Jan 2019
I was kinda worried because I heard (don’t quote me on that) that this show was directed by the same guy that did God of Highscool. But everything looks pretty great so far. Visually, this show actually looks great!
Oct 2, 2020 8:13 PM
Feb 2018
Ohhhh the opening was so beautiful and visually stunning
Lots of water and reflections
They added some more contents that weren't in the manga
And Yuuji eating Sukuna's finger was kinda changed in the anime
Overall a solid episode 8/10
Oct 2, 2020 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
Went blind into this just because it thought that it might be interesting. One thing for sure, I already love this MC - full of energy, strong and very chill at the same time.

Also, grandpa's death took me so off-guard I actually laughed at that scene. Like, they just introduced him and then he up and died? Right there just like that. Author sure doesn't like to fuck around and waste time I guess.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Kalvus said:
I was kinda worried because I heard (don’t quote me on that) that this show was directed by the same guy that did God of Highscool. But everything looks pretty great so far. Visually, this show actually looks great!

The production committee is different and Jujutsu is getting 2 cours. So, chances of fucking this up are less.
Oct 2, 2020 8:27 PM
Apr 2014
Decent first episode, bless Mappa
Oct 2, 2020 8:36 PM

Feb 2020
looking great so far! hoping it lives up to the manga
Oct 2, 2020 8:41 PM

Oct 2016
That was pretty good, if you give MAPPA enough time and episodes they can surely more than deliver.

That OP was gorgeous it was so smooth it's insane, that OP really hyped me up and the episode did not disappoint. Itadori seems like a really good protagonist freakishly athletic too lmao.

I liked the comedy too, it was great. Looking forward to see more of this Gojou dude in the next ep. Overall that was pretty hype.
Oct 2, 2020 8:46 PM
Feb 2020
That op is one of the best of the year
Oct 2, 2020 8:48 PM

Jan 2019
Zexus95 said:
Kalvus said:

The production committee is different and Jujutsu is getting 2 cours. So, chances of fucking this up are less.
I SAID DONT QUOTE ME HOW DARE YOU!!!! Jkjk thanks for the insight
Oct 2, 2020 8:48 PM

Feb 2019
it's a full-blown jump show. We can't have a dude with glasses without a closeup of him pushing them against his nose. Can't have a female without sexualizing it and groping it. Can't have a male lead with gifted powers without him making particularly banal declarations like "dying is sad.", Mappa's animation doesn't really bring much to the table when they're focusing on over-animating groping, running down hallways, or shouting particularly dramatically. It's weird. They're in the middle of a supposed action scene, dude is being crushed by some kind of Cronenberg monster, and the animation budget is going instead into the guy twenty feet away dramatically swinging his arms around while shouting. I'm not even sure how the big ol' monster attacks. It grabbed the dude, then we cut to the outside of the building where it shows lights flashing, and then he explodes out of a wall. At this point, there are zero more energy blasts whatsoever. No idea how it was killed either for that matter since we ascribe to the usual Jump "dude stands there and poses while the enemy evaporates" school of cool.

I'm probably coming off a bit more negative than I actually feel but seriously nothing in the premise or direction change my mind that it is a generic shonen anime with nothing special, take away the good animation and surely and it surely be like black clover or any anime that pierrot produces.
Oct 2, 2020 9:26 PM

May 2015
I really liked the animation, I don't get why people are complaining about it...
Great first episode! I haven't read the manga but I think this will be a hit for sure! Hopefully it won't go downhill from here * fingers crossed *
Oct 2, 2020 9:36 PM

Jul 2014
Oh wow, that was really fun! Visuals are awesome, too.

I'm really going to have fun with this one.
Oct 2, 2020 9:39 PM

Apr 2020
Pretty good so far and the characters seem fairly likeable, I'll keep watching it.
Favourite Anime- Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

First Anime- My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia
Oct 2, 2020 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
The opening and animation quality are amazing!!!! It has some typical shounen elements on it as we see in other stories of this genre (mainly about the protagonist), but Jujutsu's plot itself seems to be kind of pleasant, interesting and waaaaay different, so I'll keep watching it too! Waiting for the second ep!

p.s.: the death of grandpa Itadori-san was pretty deep... A well-directed scene!
removed-userOct 2, 2020 10:03 PM
Oct 2, 2020 10:57 PM

Apr 2020
As a manga reader, I was so excited the whole time!

When the opening played I thought that it was a bit too soft for the series but surprisingly it did catch up to my expectations. The animation was really amazing!
They even showed J****i with the gang! I recently finished volume 4 that's why it got a bit emotional.

Can't wait to see Gojo in action!!!
--AbiSa--
Oct 2, 2020 11:13 PM
Jul 2019
That's...really good.

I might even read the manga after this. Fuck it, I'm gonna read it now.
Oct 2, 2020 11:21 PM

Dec 2014
well that was absurd or something hmm
Oct 3, 2020 12:03 AM
Jul 2020
I was a bit doubtful in the beginning of the episode but the more I watched it, the more I got into it. It was just amazing.
Oct 3, 2020 12:32 AM

Dec 2013
An interesting first episode. MC is insanely strong jumping through the fourth floor window.
Oct 3, 2020 12:47 AM

Jan 2020
Yo im liking the animation! Solid 1st ep. Im excited for this series its gonna be great

Made by k3ti
Oct 3, 2020 12:56 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Visually spectacular. Visually, I think I loved just about everything I saw.

Because I've yet to read the manga, I figured the main character was going to be a serious type of guy, sort of like Ichigo who he resembles. But instead, he seems fairly silly and doesn't seem to care about much. I wasn't fond of how seemingly wasn't too beaten up watching a family member die in front of him, or how he didn't really seem to care that his friends were in danger. It makes me not care too, and therefore I don't have investment. I hope that changes as the story goes forward.

It wasn't really explained why he has super human abilities, but I'm sure it will be explained in time.

Did not expect it to end where it did. I like the darker tone this show has. Looking forward to more.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.