Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 19, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2020
Well, i think it's the best episode this far because Sumi-chan showed up. She looks so fucking cute and i was yelling all the way up. Like, damn, i can't bear when Sumi-chan is smiling or saying something. Her voice is cute and small eventhough she's being dubbed by Megumi the explotion girl.
I wonder what will happen in finale episode.
Sep 19, 2020 11:47 AM

May 2018
Sumi-chan is finally here, and she is adorable! Blushing like there is no tomorrow lol

Mami-chan finally found out huh
Sep 19, 2020 2:15 PM
Mar 2019
we need announce of season 2. its neccesary and all fans want
Sep 19, 2020 2:32 PM
Aug 2020
I f*cking fell in love with Sumi-chan! Her cuteness is in another level. Also, I loved the voice acting of Rui Tahanashi, best fit for the character.

Now that mami-chan knows about the rental stuff this is getting really spicy ! All the homies need more sumi and a season 2!
Sep 19, 2020 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
This show entertain me too much, Kazuya is clumsy but in a way that doesn't bother but amuse. The final scene with Mami is sensational, fire and flames are expected now she has discovered the truth.
Sep 19, 2020 3:54 PM

Mar 2017
Ugh, Mami's back and she's being a bitch as usual. Only that scummy girl would see a guy two-timing as an improvement. Man, I really hate her.

Sumi-chan is now officially on my waifu list and Mizuhara has got some serious competition for waifu of the anime! Sumi is so damn cute and sweet, shy thing could really work for her in the Rental Girlfriend business!
Sep 19, 2020 5:43 PM

Oct 2012
dororororororo said:
Sumi-chan wa, komyushou desu.

>Only two episodes
>Nearly mute character
This gotta be Takahashi Rie's easiest gig ever.

Actually, probably just one. The next ep would be Ruka + Chizuru/Mami most likely. Maybe in (possible?) sequel then?

Actually, she talked more in this documentary than in whole the anime :D

Sep 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
"Kazuya-kun! Mata ne!" OHH MY HEART I'm such a fan of the overly shy trope, she's my favorite character already T__T
Sep 19, 2020 7:56 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
is no one else hyped about mami figuring out about the rental girlfriend stuff?

Sep 19, 2020 7:57 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
where does the episode leave off in the manga? I can't wait 6 days

Sep 19, 2020 8:33 PM
Apr 2020
It's unfortunate we met Sumi-chan only 2 episodes from the end of the season. I would've been great seeing more of her and her development as a rental girlfriend.

Also, Mami-chan discovering Mizuhara and Sumi was a nice twist.
Sep 19, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2008
Sumi-chan is just adorable.

You know... as much as I hate Mami, I have to admit, the series is at its best whenever Mami is around to fuck shit up.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 19, 2020 9:04 PM

Aug 2019
"Being shy is my whole personality UwU." Hard pass on the new girl.
Sep 19, 2020 9:36 PM

May 2019
What I like about this show, every time a new girl appears, it's always better than the previous girl, like this Sumi Chan
and the focus of this show is more on girls than the mc

And I like every Mami Chan feels low, because she always underestimates Kazuya
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 19, 2020 10:50 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Still disliking the MC with 1 episode left. He and the ex deserve each other. She is a control monster and he has no ability to resist. He won't cut the strings with her and she knows it. Now she has leverage over him because he allows it. I am not too concerned about the characters at this point in the series. I do hope that Chizuru comes out in good shape since she has life goals (acting) and effort to achieve them (getting a job as a rental). Everyone else is just emotional flotsam on the sea of life.
Sep 19, 2020 11:04 PM

Jan 2016
Heh Sumi is extremely shy but she is clearly a good girl :3 Just notice how she kinda understood the mood when Kazuya was tense around Mami :P

Uh oh... Mami-chan is back and now she knows the secret! That doesn't look good lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 19, 2020 11:23 PM

Apr 2012
Stop, girls can also use their service? Rentai Kanojo Says Lesbian Rights?
Sep 20, 2020 2:54 AM

Aug 2020
Can I just say that Rie Takahashi just feels right as sumi. Im team Chizuru but ngl im gonna protecc sumi
Sep 20, 2020 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Mami getting rly fkd up. hahah Hate that b1tch.
Sumi is good material. I wanna see whats gonna happen now that mami found out! hahaa Kazuya, this is your endXD
Sep 20, 2020 6:21 AM

Dec 2015
Merulox said:
is no one else hyped about mami figuring out about the rental girlfriend stuff?

I wouldn't call it hyped, but I'm more interested to see how Chizuru is going to react to Mami knowing that she is a rental.
Sep 20, 2020 7:47 AM

Feb 2008
Sumi was cute. her introversion was truly something else. Although Sumi's appearance was overshadowed by something else.

So it took 11 episode's for someone to Google Chizuru's name. Really... Now Mami has the ball.
Sep 20, 2020 9:27 AM

Sep 2019
How did it take mami this long to find out about mizuhara? I thought of her a smart ass, guess I was wrong :/
Sep 20, 2020 11:35 AM

Jul 2017
BEST GIRL SAKURASAWA SUMI IS FINALLY HERE, ABOUT DAMN TIME! Sad that she only has 2 episodes of screentime, but I'm not the only one to hope there's a Season 2 to follow up...?

The shy, cute and introverted girl that Sumi is, Kazuya has a hard time trying to dissect her behaviour, even at the behest request of Chizuru to 'fix' her up and behave like she's on the "rental girlfriend" job through step-by-step practice.

LO AND BEHOLD, the terrorizing Mami has to butt in and show off her "closeness" to Kazuya, to which I've gotta commend Sumi for facing her head-on with her valiantness. The truth of the matter is that she found out that like Chizuru, Sumi is another rental girlfriend, like "Girl, why can't you have done any research earlier on? Are you plain stupid, or just dumb and dumber?"

Chizuru's morning date...turns out to be a direct confrontation with Mami. Can't hold my breath for whatever's gonna come for the finale episode...
KANLen09Sep 20, 2020 11:40 AM
Sep 20, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2018
Aw shit, Mami chan found out. cant wait for season 2. Last ep next week.
Sep 20, 2020 2:23 PM

Apr 2015
oh man I hope last episode isn't rushed like hell
Sep 20, 2020 3:19 PM

Dec 2016
InSae said:
There’s one last girl Yaemori

Bro... bro, from what I read about her, she is true man of culture! I can't wait when she show up!!
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 20, 2020 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
Mami's on the attack now, the whole dream Kazuya lived in is going to break, depending on his ex's intentions. Doubting they'll be really kind though
Sep 20, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2011
I don't know which side to cheer on for.
I'm confused if I feel right about be on the side for Sumi.
Rental Girlfriend, if looking from the bright side, it seems like it is some kind of counseling and tour service. But I can't help but to think it is a shady job before thinking of any goodness in this kind of practice. No, I'm just still confused of what this "Rental Girlfriend" actually is.

Mami, who just have "ruin everything" written all over her face seems like a thug, is just a bad phenomenon. I can't bare to see Kazuya like this, and i have the impression now that he is totally scared of her.

I feel like cheering for no one at this point.
Sep 20, 2020 5:25 PM

Sep 2020
I very much liked this episode, sad the next episode is the last
-TrueHabitz
Sep 20, 2020 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
RobertBobert said:

I think the username she used for the call (Maya) can be used as either male on female name. Maybe...?

While there is a lot of rental services in Japan (sister, boyfriend, mother, father, daughter...yeah, I know...and moher is the most popular by far, LMAO), I do think the app Chizuru is serving under is for hetero boys, Mami probably made a fake male account...

inb4 Yuri shipper arrive

Jesus, this was more entertaining to watch than the very show itself...by a long margin, actually.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 20, 2020 6:13 PM

Sep 2015
So Sumi has finally shown up, so happy to see her. If only we could have seen more of her, her personality seems very sweet. Im happy for Mizuhara, and I actually hope to see her move on from being a rental girlfriend, now this is where Kazuya really needs to learn to face reality. It's too bad Mami is about to find out this way, so goddamn sneaky she had absolutely no right.
Sep 20, 2020 7:21 PM
Apr 2018
Just a reminder. CHIZURU is what KAZUYA has choosen. Not accepting the truth is what leads to doom.
Like MAMI if you want, but why hate CHIZURU, SUMI or anybody else. "A Petty Happiness obtained by hating others." Only guilt remains in the end.
------------
CHIZURU : I believe that what you need is Confidence.
KAZUYA : I had no idea i was going on a date with a pretty girl like this! She's not talking at all, though.

05:37 snick
11:00Lick Lick

YOSHIAKI : Do CHIZURU-san. You have my permission.
KAZUYA : I never needed it, but thanks.

There's nothing wrong with liking characters like MAMI, REM or any other Anime characters. But most fans like them only because they "PITY" these heartbroken characters. These fans like someone, only because they hate other. That's not their love for the character.
"A Petty Happiness obtained by hating others."
Doutei-kunSep 20, 2020 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2019
Mami coming back with FIRE POWER with one episode to go. Damn, the first true adversity our main pair will be facing. I hate that this show of all series has made me hype for the finale.
Sep 20, 2020 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
Fabris said:
RobertBobert said:

I think the username she used for the call (Maya) can be used as either male on female name. Maybe...?

While there is a lot of rental services in Japan (sister, boyfriend, mother, father, daughter...yeah, I know...and moher is the most popular by far, LMAO), I do think the app Chizuru is serving under is for hetero boys, Mami probably made a fake male account...

inb4 Yuri shipper arrive

Jesus, this was more entertaining to watch than the very show itself...by a long margin, actually.

Well, I could have cited the existence of friendly dates if the service itself hadn't been marketed as fake girlfriend from the very beginning.
Sep 20, 2020 11:52 PM

Aug 2019
The animation in this anime has been really great so far. I particularly like the opening.
But yeah, about this week's episode, I think sumi chan is so freaking cute, really really liked her. We didn't see much of that other girl in this episode(don't remember her name, the one who checks her heartbeat).
Yeahh, mami found out about them being rentals. This is pretty fucked up, not gonna lie. This could be a big turning point in this series, anything could happen afaik.
Next episode will be the last, oh god, time really does fly. I expect a season 2 tho, looking forward to the next episode in the meantime.
Sep 21, 2020 12:05 AM

Aug 2019
InSae said:
Syureria said:
The last girl has arrived, how do I call Sumi-chan's character? Well, I hate this type. If Sumi-chan has big oppai maybe I will put Sumi-chan into my favorite list. Looks like Kazuya has really become a bad boy, can this be called a date ... idfc.

Why did Chizuru have to stop, and also why Mami appeared at the last moment.
There’s one last girl Yaemori

Why would you say that?👺
Sep 21, 2020 3:24 AM
Jun 2017
SUMI IS TOO CUTE.. I MEAN ITS RARE TO FIND A GIRL LIKE HER... SO SHE MUST PROTECT!!! yeah...

but the real deal is here... MAMI KNOWS THE TRUTH ALREADY... GET READY FOR THE FINAL EPISODE NEXT WEEK...
Sep 22, 2020 2:06 AM
Jun 2020
Easily my favorite episode
Sep 22, 2020 4:19 AM

Aug 2013
atleast some of you have come to your senses now about this garbage series
Sep 22, 2020 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
nooo pls Mami do a favor or two so we can have second season :D
Too bad Sumi didn't start talking more, it is impossible for real person to act like that ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 22, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2020
Seaniem4a said:
How is this show nearly over? Everything seems so left open, I couldn't end next episode!

Sumi was cool, btw

Plenty of interesting manga chapters left. Really looking forward to seeing some later chapters appear in a season 2 of this anime.
Sep 22, 2020 2:02 PM

May 2014
Not a fan of releasing a new "important" character an episode from the end when the last episode doesn't even seem like it will have her that much involved. She was cute though. The show's been pretty simplistic and cringe, but I've actually liked it so far. Let's see how it ends!
Sep 22, 2020 5:42 PM
Jul 2020
FYI, Sumi only appeared in episode 11.
Sep 22, 2020 11:05 PM

Aug 2020
Hold on a minute... Job Gear? Is that a Top Gear reference? In MY anime? HAMMOND!!!!!!
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Sep 23, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2014
Sumi sure is cute, but can't really compete with Chizuru or Ruka. Speaking of which, where is my Ruka? Whole episode without best girl...

I totally forgot Mami existed. I hope she returns back to non-existence soon. No need for her meddling.
Sep 23, 2020 4:00 PM

Aug 2017
Sumi-chan is probably the cutest girl in the cast, too bad that she was introduced too late lol. Mami is back to cause more trouble, that cliffhanger killed me, ahhhhh.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2020 11:56 PM
Mar 2014
Does anyone know where the manga leaves off in the anime of the current episode or the upcoming one?
Sep 25, 2020 12:07 AM

Aug 2020
ShinXShinra said:
Does anyone know where the manga leaves off in the anime of the current episode or the upcoming one?

Episode 11 ends at about chapter 45 and I expect episode 12 to cover chapters 46-50 just about, give or take one.
Sep 25, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
oh no! Mami-chan is for sure a bad news!
Sumi so shy! that kind of shyness is so absurd that being a Rental Girlfriend is out of the question or not even qualified!
4/5.

Sep 25, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2020
matias067 said:
oh no! Mami-chan is for sure a bad news!
Sumi so shy! that kind of shyness is so absurd that being a Rental Girlfriend is out of the question or not even qualified!
4/5.

Sumi has potential, though in a different way. She is a good listener.

As for Mami:
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show?

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

41 by MoR1- »»
May 19, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

216 by gamer78 »»
May 18, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.