Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2020 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
Yukino_Sama said:

But i see that some retards who call Emilia a whore have watched this episode with their ass. They must get a brain before watching the anime

I guess many people didn't watch Memory Snow, and this movie is essential to understand what's going on with Emilia.
It completely changed my opinion about her.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 16, 2020 1:07 PM

May 2018
This is by far the best episode (both seasons included). The last scene gave me chills...
Can't believe Beatrice got killed so easily, somehow I expected more from someone who is a great spirit. And I knew that stupid mabeast user kid from village would be a problem someday.
Roswaal is getting really interesting, can't wait to see more of him.

Sep 16, 2020 1:08 PM
Mar 2019
Clearly, the studio didn't disappoint me. These recent episode were masterclass. And HOLY what an episode! Betty wanting the suicide (RIP, I nearly cried), Elza reviving after literally going into pieces of purple rock (she just doesn't die) and Roswall killing Ram and eaten alive by rabbits.

Crazy episode, 2 remaining, sad that it'll end in 2 weeks... I really hope that Betty will be saved, everyone else too (surely=) )
Like for every episodes, we now have multiples question. Like : Is Roswall the only "human" person to know the Subaru "power" ? Who was Emilia ? This scene gave my chills tbh. and most important :
WHAT IS ROSWALL PLAN ?
Please do not respond, I don't want to get spoiled ! :)
Sep 16, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2009
This episode legit blew my mind. I can honestly say that this is legit my number 1 series <3
Sep 16, 2020 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Lots going on here Roswaal is a truly complex character. I have no idea of what he's up to or even if he is a true enemy. I mean what was the point of kicking the crap out of Subaru if he knew the rabbits would eat him?

Also Emilia has lost the plot this time loop and I'm still not sure what's happened to Puck. At this point I have no idea how Subaru fixes this but this season has been excellent
Sep 16, 2020 1:14 PM
Apr 2019
Roswaal keeps amazing me. He is so smart and so rational and also he's last line in this episode was purely amazing, i really hope someday Subaru will understand..... Roswaal is amazng af in this episode.
Sep 16, 2020 1:15 PM
Apr 2019
Crashmatt said:
Lots going on here Roswaal is a truly complex character. I have no idea of what he's up to or even if he is a true enemy. I mean what was the point of kicking the crap out of Subaru if he knew the rabbits would eat him?

Also Emilia has lost the plot this time loop and I'm still not sure what's happened to Puck. At this point I have no idea how Subaru fixes this but this season has been excellent

I assure you, he is not an enemy
Sep 16, 2020 1:16 PM
Mar 2020
Why do I have this funny feeling that.. the Emilia who kissed Subaru might not be Emilia at all?
Sep 16, 2020 1:16 PM
May 2020
Jesus Christ this series just keeps getting better and better even when i think it's peaked. I let out a "holy fucking shit" at the end, I really didn't expect Subaru to become someone you could root for or for this show to get so fucking heavy. I'm just in awe.
Sep 16, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2017
That was one of the most shocking and horrifying anime episodes I've ever seen. This episode has convinced me that my theory that Emilia is Satella is true. How the hell did she end up so insane?! Jesus... just everything that could go wrong went wrong šŸ˜±

Roswaal might not be pure evil but there is something irreparably twisted about him that makes him really dangerous. I hope there NEVER comes a day when Subaru becomes like him because that man has no humanity left.
Sep 16, 2020 1:22 PM

Aug 2016
Emillian said:
Martin_Taylor said:
I am starting to think there is no good loop at end of this season. This is more like IF story, how long will this suffering go on? And it's only sanctuary, not even mention about two goddamnit Arci-bishops of sin.

Well that's kinda what I am expecting when there are only two episodes left, but being thrown so long in this one loop is really getting on me at this point. I guess I will wait and get last two episodes at once.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2020 1:23 PM

Mar 2018
Returnbywaifu said:
- As some people have said here, Subaru not telling Beatrice he is "that person" especially when she's the one bringing up the topic. This cannot be attributed to Subaru's mental state, he clearly had the opportunity to tell her and he didn't. I need an explanation for this, we cannot keep repeating the same thing forever, "Subaru has seen some shit and he doesn't behave normally", because if you use that card you can do pretty much everything you want with Subaru and always give that excuse

Subaru not telling her he is "that person" has a very specific purpose and would be out of character for him, while also undermining Beatrice's arc. More on this in the second cour.

Returnbywaifu said:
Why are the loops so different from each other?

The loops being different are kinda the main point. You can slowly start piecing together why Garfiel acts differently or why Roswaal starts the snow.

Returnbywaifu said:
Why doesn't Subaru die from the Rabbits this time?

The anime skipped it (which isn't too bad), but basically he ran to the Tomb while the Rabbits were all attracted to the source of mana, Roswaal. Obviously stray rabbits still went after him, hence all of his injuries. Having him walk through the rabbits would've been a cool dramatic scene, if only we had the same production quality as S1, but it was fine. Based on the info we have the viewer can easily put 2 and 2 together as to how he got there.

Returnbywaifu said:
How does Subaru know that Roswaal is the one who created the Snowstorm? Maybe he deducts it can only be him? And if that is the case, he is smart enough to deduce this but not to tell Beatrice the words?

Subaru deduced it because Roswaal is the only one strong enough to do so. Like I said, he has a reason for not saying the words.

Returnbywaifu said:
As far as Subaru not wanting Beatrice to kill the little kid, makes no sense at this point, this is clearly a convenience so Beatrice can let her guard down and be stabbed by Elsa. He pretty much acts as the plot demands, like always.

Putting aside how this kinda looks like you judged him as a child murderer, he gave a specific reason for telling Beatrice not to kill Maylie: he wanted to ask who hired them. Because information gathering was kinda the main point of the loop, it doesn't matter if an enemy dies or not.

Returnbywaifu said:
Regarding Emilia and how her behaviour doesn't make sense here. I dislike Emilia, but even I give her more props than some people here. I think it's obvious from both her eyes and her behavious that this is not a case of just her losing her mind because of trauma. There is probably some sort of possesion or another explanation for this. Come on guys, I dislike her too, but even for a badly written character like Emilia there are limits on how bad she can be handled, give her more credit than this, don't be biased.

She's mentally broken and driven into a corner by Roswaal due to many different factors. It's not as simple as possession. More details here if you're interested.
Sep 16, 2020 1:36 PM
Jan 2020

meili portroute
Did roswaal hire Elsa and this girl??
Because Elsa knew about Beatrice's power.
Sep 16, 2020 1:38 PM

Mar 2018
Crashmatt said:

He was trying to get Subaru to reset because he doesn't know HOW Subaru timeloops. Essentially torturing him because he doesn't know it's triggered by death. Peep the dialogue in that scene again.
Sep 16, 2020 1:38 PM

Jan 2019
good story + soap opera -> meat grinder -> this
Sep 16, 2020 1:40 PM
Aug 2017
Man I am so confused. For the last couple of episodes I don't now whats going on
Sep 16, 2020 1:45 PM
Aug 2015
What an amazing episode but I have 2 questions. (If you have to spoil to answer then just tell me that I'll figure it out in the future)

First off, how did Subaru know that Beatrice is contracted to Echidna? Did I miss something? The episode starts and he just straight up says it and I don't know why

and second, how does Subaru know that Roswaal was the one that created the snow? Until now I assumed that it was one of the rabbit's powers but out of nowhere when he gets teleported back to Sanctuary he knows that Roswaal is the one that created the snow. How?
Sep 16, 2020 1:47 PM

May 2011
[Beatrice dead scene]
Dont give me any despair more than this! *aaarrgh*

[Emilia ending scene]
I have confused feeling about this scene..
Emilia's voice is sweet as always..but..
..the way she stare.. makes me uncomfortable..
..and..
..kinda creepy...

But i like that.. It feels better when u watch it animated rather than using your own imagination to imagine those scenes.. The goosebumps delivered successfully~

Looks like i need to watch emilia ending scenes again..
Sep 16, 2020 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
That was... very unsettling. If it werent for the lot of you filling anime only in with Emilia is just mentally broken down I'd assume Emilia was under some kind of spell cause of how the anime made her eyes have some glowy twirly effect, why couldn't they just make her eyes literal blank instead of making it look like she was high on magic mariwana.
This episode was by far the most disturbing shit I've watched in Re:Zero, emotionally since I very much love Emilia and seeing her in that state was not pleasant. All the more fcked up when they had wholesome moments with the lap pillow thing like back in S1 when Emilia gave him his first one and the second one which was the last ep of S1, who tf asked for a 3rd one being this messed up!? doesnt help that it parallels with S1's last ep with their eyes reflecting each other again.
Anyways, yet another amazing episode, only thing missing was Echidna to make it a perfect one! we're close to the end of the first part, please don't let ep 13 have a deadly cliffhanger like this ep.
Also that fcking title drop right after the fcking kiss too... normally I'd joke about "Well even if its a deranged Emilia, the taste of death doesnt sound so bad." but I think its still a tad too soon for that.
Author really has his kicks fcking with not only his main characters but also his fans eh? really had his MC get a first kiss from the girl he be obsessing about in one of the utmost worst possible ways.I am amazed,surprised and scared at the same time, and considering this is RE:Zero, it still being able to surprise me is an achievement.
Sep 16, 2020 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was really full of content!
Watching Beatrice like that was really unnexpected. And watching some good Roswal comtent was really something.
And Emilia acting like that.
What an episode!
(i Dropped the anime last week since i was pretty tired of not seeing Rem as we should but...agh dropping rezero just because of that its not ok-_- So i got backXD)
Sep 16, 2020 1:51 PM

Jul 2020
Amazing episode, one of the best, but I would like it more if they stopped using CGI on those majuus.
Sep 16, 2020 1:51 PM
Dec 2013

Did Roswall just confirmed that Subaru is jumping across timelines? oh boy, that can't be good.

Subaru was sure the time was just resetting, but this changes everything if true.
Sep 16, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2019
Tch, jaz as I thought that Elsa is done for, she manages to trick Beatrice and stabs her........well, back to the drawing board for Subarau, but only this time thing gets even more crazy , when Roswaal kills Rem and Graf and Emilia becomes a yandere.
Sep 16, 2020 1:56 PM
Jun 2020
Adorelis said:

Did Roswall just confirmed that Subaru is jumping across timelines? oh boy, that can't be good.

Subaru was sure the time was just resetting, but this changes everything if true.

i think its the same timeline
Sep 16, 2020 1:57 PM

Jan 2017
@Ulirec
Your derogatory remarks and abusive words sure makes me mad. But all I'll say is that Emilia's trial ISN'T ABOUT NOT GOING TO SCHOOL UNLIKE SUBARU!
Edit:- Nevermind. I just found out Rem trash psychopath whore is your fav character.
swirlydragonSep 16, 2020 2:01 PM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Sep 16, 2020 2:01 PM
Jun 2019
My favourite episode in all Re:Zero. The voice acting was the best I’ve ever heard and all the revelations were amazing. The Beatrice part was too emotional šŸ˜æ
Dec 2013
Maruseru93 said:

are you sure?

I remember an article describing how possibly the time travel in Re: Zero works but it was still a speculation.

Roswall just said his present self will perish, but another one will keep going on, which will not be him.

Jan 2017
JanesG said:
as a emilia stan , it’s so hurt to see her broken
my baby is so weak and can someone please spoil me will there be a character development for Emilia for the second half of the series ?

if you cannot stand her , don’t quote me : )

Yeah. As an Emilia fan, you will like it so look forward to it :)

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Sep 16, 2020 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
Skuld_Op said:
Can someone explain me why the first question garf asked was about his eyes instead of being shocked seeing subaru coming out of grave suddenly when he left for the mansion in the first place?
Anime skipped that part but when Subaru was teleported to the Sanctuary, he meets one of Ryuzu clones first and then Garfiel. He talks with him about what happened, learning that Emilia basically went insane because he disappeared without a word, and that she's been inside the tomb since. That's why he went there.

Since anime skipped that, they've added that question (to confuse anime-onlies even more xD)
Sep 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
With answers comes many questions, today's episode was a perfect execution of that.

At first I thought Emilia was taken over by Satella again, but after we got to see her eyes, I am not so sure anymore. Perhaps her mind is broken now..

There were quite a few reveals that surprised me and some that I have been waiting for that person to spit out.

What I didn't see coming is Beatrice being a spirit. Also I feel like that Elsa showing up there is set up by someone we know.

Roswaal knows about Subaru doing "Over and Over". Ever since it got teased post-credit a few episodes ago, I wanted him to say it to Subaru personally and now it happened.

Roswaal's actions in that room, killing Ram and Garfiel was pretty shocking, but I guess he would kill his servants if it means protecting himself. Garfiel was ready to kill him right there. The chat between Roswaal and Subaru was pretty eyeopening. oh and Hey look! The bunnies are back!

That final scene was incredibly disturbing and creepy!!
Sep 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2019
One of the Best Episodes....... (again x9999999)

Beatrice story/character is a pure an unique Gem in the series...
Has always been.

The "Real" Confusion, Perspective, Ideology, Psychology & Mentality of the characters in this second season is amazing..... this is what makes a good character and why these characters make a good series.

So many deaths, blood and lifelines had passed away in front of our eyes....

But so many more are still coming... PLENTY more...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 16, 2020 2:12 PM
Jun 2020
Adorelis said:
Maruseru93 said:

are you sure?

I remember an article describing how possibly the time travel in Re: Zero works but it was still a speculation.

Roswall just said his present self will perish, but another one will keep going on, which will not be him.

i know i mean garfiel was a little bit different and ryuzu to in episode 10 but i think they act different because subaru did to i mean its not set in stone how they act there must be just 1 think different then last time that can change how charactere behave
Sep 16, 2020 2:12 PM
Nov 2017
This episode is straight brutal. That's all I have to say. And that twist at the end. I did not see that coming.
Sep 16, 2020 2:13 PM

May 2019
rsc-pl said:
Yukino_Sama said:

But i see that some retards who call Emilia a whore have watched this episode with their ass. They must get a brain before watching the anime

I guess many people didn't watch Memory Snow, and this movie is essential to understand what's going on with Emilia.
It completely changed my opinion about her.

You mean Frozen Bonds, right?

I know ppl remember the movie for helping to understand all the angst and stuff of Emilia... But i, i just miss the Badass Emilia lol.

Ah i almost complete forgot of what happened in memory snow. That was a legit filler anyway.
Sep 16, 2020 2:13 PM
Jan 2020
mozgow said:
Skuld_Op said:
Can someone explain me why the first question garf asked was about his eyes instead of being shocked seeing subaru coming out of grave suddenly when he left for the mansion in the first place?
Anime skipped that part but when Subaru was teleported to the Sanctuary, he meets one of Ryuzu clones first and then Garfiel. He talks with him about what happened, learning that Emilia basically went insane because he disappeared without a word, and that she's been inside the tomb since. That's why he went there.

Since anime skipped that, they've added that question (to confuse anime-onlies even more xD)

What happened to subaru 's letter??(if you have to spoil to answer then just tell me that i will figure it out later
Sep 16, 2020 2:15 PM
Nov 2019
mozgow said:
Skuld_Op said:

Oh thanks, I rewatched the episode and I figured it out that they might have met outside and garf asking those questions was his way to get the clear picture of subaru's condition at that time(and maybe he was showing sympathy to subaru), but your reply makes more sense. Also thanks to @Johnny_Sins
Sep 16, 2020 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
Loved this fucking episode, So many things subaru has to do and he can't do jack shit. Its like its finally on hard mode. Love seeing him get tortured, the dude needs to suffer and get tortured and die until he becomes a alpha among men.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2020 2:23 PM
Jul 2019
That episode was so good .....
Sep 16, 2020 2:24 PM
Mar 2020
oh my fucking god, this episode was brutal. the last scene was terrifying
Sep 16, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2016
redcobra said:
Nijuuyonn said:
I dont know what to feel in this episode everything is falling apart and I feel bad for emilia she lost her mind

Look at Emilia eyes, she was posses by satella.
Emilia lost her mind! Subaru wasnt there to support her,Satella only show up that loop because of Subaru snitching about her!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
-Aincrad- said:
I have one question though: is Beatrice permanently dead now?
Or will she also be alive when Subaru returns?
What give you the idea that she wouldn't?

Sep 16, 2020 2:25 PM
Mar 2015
Our boy really does suffer Roswall and Beatrice just want out Emila is no help at all
Sep 16, 2020 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Rob7 said:

You mean Frozen Bonds, right?

Oh, yes, you're right. I always get these titles wrong.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 16, 2020 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
Holy puck this episode was intense. Started off really sad seeing how Beatrice wants to die and Subaru struggling to be of any help to her, then things quickly became more brutal as the episode went on. Roswaal knowing Subaru will just redo things anyway but he seems very emotionally detached killing off Rem and Garfiel like that. I don't think he's completely evil but he sure is a scary fellow.
Sep 16, 2020 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
Truly the darkest timeline.

Re zero is just an entirely different class of anime.

Wow 9 pages in a few hours?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 16, 2020 2:39 PM

Feb 2018
Damn they are absolutely nailing the horror parts. Satela was terrifying and so was Emilia in this episode. I'm glad I got to experience it first with Rieri's voice acting
Sep 16, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
Gendolfas said:
And Roswaal knows that Subaru is returning by death, hm..
Roswaal doesn't know that Subaru can return by death. He only knows that Subaru can change the past, but doesn't know how exactly. That's when Subaru ask if he's going to kill him. Roswaal answers that it would be counterproductive as he wants Subaru to change the past.

Gendolfas said:
Also he beat Subaru.. What for?.. What are true intentions of Roswaal in the end?.. Maybe to make Subaru hate him?.. What for?.. His actions honestly doesn't make much sense.. He's probably lying about things..
He beats Subaru to force him to change the past. That's why he asks if he's already changed it.
Sep 16, 2020 2:41 PM

Oct 2018
mozgow said:
-Aincrad- said:
I have one question though: is Beatrice permanently dead now?
Or will she also be alive when Subaru returns?
What give you the idea that she wouldn't?

Well, so far it seemed like she had remembered things that happened in previous lives of Subaru, even in S1, so I thought it's like whatever happens to her, it won't be changed with Subaru dying.

But now that I think about it, maybe it's only when she's at her library?

Anyway, that's why I thought she wont return
Sep 16, 2020 2:45 PM
Aug 2015
mozgow said:
Gendolfas said:
And Roswaal knows that Subaru is returning by death, hm..
Roswaal doesn't know that Subaru can return by death. He only knows that Subaru can change the past, but doesn't know how exactly. That's when Subaru ask if he's going to kill him. Roswaal answers that it would be counterproductive as he wants Subaru to change the past.

Gendolfas said:
Also he beat Subaru.. What for?.. What are true intentions of Roswaal in the end?.. Maybe to make Subaru hate him?.. What for?.. His actions honestly doesn't make much sense.. He's probably lying about things..
He beats Subaru to force him to change the past. That's why he asks if he's already changed it.

nobody replied to my question so maybe you can help me

First off, how did Subaru know that Beatrice is contracted to Echidna? Did I miss something? The episode starts and he just straight up says it and I don't know why

and second, how does Subaru know that Roswaal was the one that created the snow? Until now I assumed that it was one of the rabbit's powers but out of nowhere when he gets teleported back to Sanctuary he knows that Roswaal is the one that created the snow. How? (no spoilers please)
Sep 16, 2020 2:45 PM

Jan 2018
That contract that has been holding Beatrice for years seems like she really wanted to die was bearing. But somehow, it got fulfilled due to that blow by Elsa.

Dang, Roswaal mercilessly killed Garfiel and took out the head. What a brutal move.

Task failed successfully. At least the emotionally unstable Emilia finally able to kiss Subaru.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

505 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.