Forum Settings
Forums

How do gay/bi people feel about height in a partner?

New
(same-sex attracted ppl only) I prefer people:
Sep 12, 2020 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
I think we all know that straight men tend to have a strong preference women shorter than them, and that straight women tend to have an even stronger preference for men taller than them, but I was wondering what (other) gay, bi and lesbian people feel look for regarding height in a same-sex partner, and how much they care about it.

I myself as a gay guy generally prefer guys around my own height, although it's not a big deal to me. Other gay/bi guys I know have a variety of different preferences regarding height, but it's never a deal-breaker to them like it is for a lot of straight people. I don't have any lesbian friends, but I'd imagine they would share similar sentiments. I don't want to draw conclusions of the entire LGBT community just from my friends though obviously, which is why I made this post.

Another thing I've been wondering: How do bisexual people feel about height in an opposite-sex partner? Do bisexual men generally prefer shorter women, just like straight men do (and vice versa for women), or are their preferences different? Do they care about height at all?

I don't know if this is the best place to survey this, as I don't think this forum has a large LGBT user base, but this is the only forum I use lol.
Sep 12, 2020 9:04 AM
Jan 2019
Interesting take on the topic! To answer the question, I personally don't know who attracts me yet, so I'm not elligible to answer this. However, a few of my friends who are gay/bi have told me about their preferences.

Friends: bi (girl) shorter men and shorter or around her height women, (girl) taller men, (guy) shorter or around his height women/men.
Gay-(guy) taller men, (girl) taller women

At the moment I can't recall if any of them said that the height is a dealbreaker though.
Sep 12, 2020 9:15 AM

Dec 2019
I think I prefer both girls and guys who are taller than me. But it could depend for girls
iva-Sep 12, 2020 9:20 AM

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Sep 12, 2020 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
I prefer personality. But I was never into height at all. But (in my teens) I was of the opinion that "facial features" are the most important thing to me in another person but I was stupid and superficial.
MySweetLuciferSep 12, 2020 9:45 AM
Sep 12, 2020 10:03 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I have preference for guys taller than me but I'm not so obsessed with height that I would refuse to date someone shorter than me. If I like a guy then that's all that matters.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Sep 12, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
I don't really care about height. Just anything above 2 meters would maybe be too tall.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Sep 12, 2020 11:30 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I don't know if I'm bi or pan right now. Currently questioning.

Doesn't matter. I've crushed on small guys and tall girls.
I just want to be able to pick them up. I'm strong so I can pick you up even if you're tall <3

The genuine connection I have with that person matters above all else. Nothing has to be forced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2020 11:38 AM

May 2013
Even though I'm in a relationship with someone shorter than me I personally prefer dating someone taller.

Just thinking about being picked up by a tall guy makes me drool lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 12, 2020 11:49 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
_Nette_ said:
Even though I'm in a relationship with someone shorter than me I personally prefer dating someone taller.

Just thinking about being picked up by a tall guy makes me drool lol.

Look at my above post. I'm here, wink wink. ;)

(I don't want to be troublesome tho)
ChartTopper60Sep 12, 2020 12:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2017
Personally I don't care if a woman is shorter or taller than me. Both situations have their pros.
Sep 14, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2018
WTF dont think ive ever been so disgusted when reading a thread's title. stop.

Sep 14, 2020 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
I don't care for height all that much. A girl can be taller or shorter than me, and it wouldn't matter. Likely, she'll be taller though. The average height where I live is 5''3 and I'm 5''1.
The same kind of thing goes with guys. I don't really care about the height all that much.
Sep 15, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Amatniki said:
uh.... what's wrong with the title?
Sep 15, 2020 2:50 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm fine with any height regardless of gender. Doesn't really matter to me.

I think there's a relatively large LGBT+ user base here maybe? I mean, anime fans can be relatively open. I dunno. But good luck!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 15, 2020 3:51 PM
Jul 2020
i rather when the girl is my height or a lil bit taller than me. Idk why i dont feel comfortable being taller, but i think thats pretty dumb
Sep 15, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2017
Amatniki said:

If you don't like the heat, go out of the kitchen.
Sep 15, 2020 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
nuttygardentree said:
Amatniki said:
Nothing is wrong with your title, @Amatniki is just homophobic(https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1785859&show=150#post179):

Well being gay is gross, thats why. Its also not normal and they are a group of people most want to stay away from. so if you are straight and someone calls you gay, you are gonna want to punch them in the face. if you dont you are not normal
Sep 15, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2020
Height really isn't an issue for me. Short guys are cute, tall guys are cute, guys my height are cute. Build on the other hand... I'm not really attracted to stick thin guys. Kinda creeps me out if I can see ribs. Not huge on muscles either but its not a deal breaker.
Sep 15, 2020 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
I think a lot of straight women just learned it from their environment and it's not an inherent wish to get a partner taller than them. And don't come to me "but safety... they want to feel protected", that's shitty pseudo psychology.

I don't care, except it's a real illness, like you are under 1.35 or over 2.10. That could be something let's say... you need getting used to and will be a problem.
Btw. I'm 1.55. Everyone at my height (1.50-1.65) looks bit small to normal, around 1.70 is quite tall and 1.80+ is a titan to me, but I don't really mind. Also most women are around 1.60-1.70 here.

Peaceful_Critic said:
nuttygardentree said:
Nothing is wrong with your title, @Amatniki is just homophobic(https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1785859&show=150#post179):

Well being gay is gross, thats why. Its also not normal and they are a group of people most want to stay away from. so if you are straight and someone calls you gay, you are gonna want to punch them in the face. if you dont you are not normal

I really love it, when homophobic people say they wanna stay away from you, like ...yes, please do lol but in the end, they still come to topics like this and don't practice what they preach.
removed-userSep 15, 2020 5:37 PM
Sep 15, 2020 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
@_Maneki-Neko_

I really love it, when homophobic people say they wanna stay away from you, like ...yes, please do lol but in the end, they still come to topics like this and don't practice what they preach.

Yeah, ikr. It's one of those things that make homophobes irritating to be around.
Sep 16, 2020 12:05 AM

Aug 2017
My height or taller than me. I feel uncomfortable with short guys in a sexual relationship for example.

@Peaceful_Critic @_Maneki-Neko_ I suggest report and ignore him, that kind of people don't deserve attention.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 16, 2020 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
For both sexes I don't really care that much.
Sep 16, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2018
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
1.80+ is a titan to me
Guess that makes me a titan with my 1.90 m.

OT: It is but the staple example of quality regardless of one's preferences that the one on the receiving end be shorter.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 16, 2020 11:21 AM

Mar 2016
Tall girls and short boys, that's how I feel.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 16, 2020 10:44 PM

Jul 2020
Tbh I'd date someone if we have chemestry & we work as a couple (mutual love ig)

But if we're talking abt attraction & attraction alone, tall girls are cute ok bye

HYPED for Monster Hunter Rise! (wish March 26th would come sooner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform you I'm actually terrible at monster hunter lmao

More topics from this board

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.