Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2020 10:18 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gallantly, Hiratsuka Shizuka walks ahead.

Things felt awkward in the between 8man x Yukinon during this whole season but thank god this episode came around.

Whew. That aside, Isshiki was at her best behavior yet, shocking.

That 8man x Yui dance :( RIP Yui. Hello alone playing as BGM certainly didn't help either.

Yukinon made her feeling clear about wanting to take over her father's work. You go, girl!

"Does something "genuine" actually exist?" Haruno, 2020. I really loved this segment, probably my favorite of the whole season yet.

Hiratsuka-sensei is such a good teach. Bros among bros. Her segment with 8man was immensely powerful. Damn, why does she have to leave? This segment was weaker, at least 1000x, compared to the light novels. Probably because of the monologues.

A powerful episode. The next episode is what it will all boil down to. These next 7 days are going to be painful.
cchiguSep 10, 2020 10:24 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 10, 2020 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
Dang, I wish that practice dance lasted longer.

Yukino's scenes were sweet. She's being so honest now and more open towards Hachiman than ever before. Facing against the past also makes her a stronger person.
Stark700Sep 10, 2020 10:47 AM
Sep 10, 2020 10:27 AM

Feb 2018
Somehow I feel this is even more painful, why teenagers have to life a like that ... Love is a complicated thing and teenagers get caught up in it. Well, I don't like that dance. Where there is a meeting there will be a farewell.

Is it just my feeling that episode 10 sensei always comes to give advice to Hachiman? Those soundtrack is so beautiful.
Sep 10, 2020 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
Arranging jobs for Prom.

Talking w. the girls.

Prom begins.

Main guy dancing w. Touyama-san's character.

What Yukino wants to do revealed when mother and sister visited her after prom. It's related to her father's profession. Mother supporting? Sister not happy w. the result.

The trio discussing about their year and ending that now. Awkward because he cannot say the truth, and Yukino's sister knows.

Teacher realized something and talks w. main guy. It seems like he got his answer now.

ED is piano ver.

More talk? next. Two more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 10, 2020 10:42 AM

Apr 2010
The prom went well and Yukino made progress with her mother.
But it seems her sister is not convinced and she was pretty harsh towards Hikki.

Guess we will find out his answer next episode.
Sep 10, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2015
I still can't believe they cut the Romeo and Juliet scene, it's one of the most romantic scenes for Yukino and Hachiman. They also cut Yukino's last interlude/monologue. Man, Yukino only had 2 interludes for 3 seasons and they didn't adapt any of them FFS. And of course they adapted all Yui and Iroha scenes perfectly, including the dance scene. If any LN readers still thinks this is a good adaptation, something is wrong with you. How can they convince anime only fans about the main couple with 2 episodes now?

Romeo and Juliet scene and Yukino Interlude(from the LN)
ShiroHachiSep 10, 2020 11:02 AM
Sep 10, 2020 11:08 AM

Apr 2019
Well the prom went off without a hitch which is good. Kinda thought something would go wrong, glad I was wrong.

Yui got a a dance with Hachiman which is nice.

Yukino was able to tell her mom her thoughts and what she wants to do with her future. So way to go girl! Also got some sweet scenes between her and Hachiman, could use more of them though.

I think Haruno speaks for most of us when she asks "If anything genuine actually exists."

Any scene where Hirastuka is giving advice to Hachiman is both quite informative and also enjoyable to watch lol.

Really looking forward to the next episode.

arcticmontysSep 10, 2020 11:16 AM
Sep 10, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2019
Another week of suffering for us Yui stans. Decent episode, felt like a set up for the final stretch here over the course of the next month. Sensei continues being the queen that she is.
Sep 10, 2020 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Good thing the prom went well without any problems.
Hachiman and Yui dacen was so sweet.

I really loved the Iroha scenes in this episode.

So Haruno wanted something genuine just like Hachiman.

Hiratsuka-sensei with that advice.

Sep 10, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Well, things keep getting sadder.
Sep 10, 2020 11:20 AM
Jun 2020
another nice episode so next episode we will hear the 3 words i love you?
Sep 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
Yukino had like two scenes this episode which is a great improvement over the last one. Yui got to dance with her beloved.

I wonder what hachiman was gonna say to both yui and yukino.

Sensei was true OP at the end tho.

I have a feeling that this season is gonna suffer same fate as hoshiai no sora for some reason. The pacing seems really terrible. We have two episodes of yuigairu remaining, just hoping for a satisfying conclusion.
Sep 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Jun 2020
Ah yet again we have been blueballed
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 10, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2017
Damn wth was that, that broke my heart. Yukinon pulling Hachiman's sleeve and then he removed her hands. That was heartbreaking.

As usual Hiratsuka sensei's there to guide Hachiman when he needs it the most. She really is the best girl.
Maruseru93 said:
Proly gonna happen in the final episode.
MegamiRemSep 14, 2020 6:37 AM
Sep 10, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 2019
Hiratsuka-sensei’s moment with Hachiman finally got adapted!!!! Yes!!!!! While it’s not as strong compared to the LN, it’s nice to see best sensei give one last nugget of wisdom to our boy Hachiman before she leaves as his teacher. Looking back at volume 14, next week is gonna be pain followed by healing. Nice to see more Yukino too.
Sep 10, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2019
MegamiRem said:
Maruseru93 said:
bridge scene next week
Sep 10, 2020 11:32 AM
Jul 2019
cchigu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gallantly, Hiratsuka Shizuka walks ahead.

Things felt awkward in the between 8man x Yukinon during this whole season but thank god this episode came around.

Whew. That aside, Isshiki was at her best behavior yet, shocking.

That 8man x Yui dance :( RIP Yui. Hello alone playing as BGM certainly didn't help either.

Yukinon made her feeling clear about wanting to take over her father's work. You go, girl!

"Does something "genuine" actually exist?" Haruno, 2020. I really loved this segment, probably my favorite of the whole season yet.

Hiratsuka-sensei is such a good teach. Bros among bros. Her segment with 8man was immensely powerful. Damn, why does she have to leave? This segment was weaker, at least 1000x, compared to the light novels. Probably because of the monologues.

A powerful episode. The next episode is what it will all boil down to. These next 7 days are going to be painful.
pain and healing next week, broski
Sep 10, 2020 11:32 AM

Apr 2018
There's a rumor about chapter 13 being 40 + minutes long.
A lone warrior surviving hundreds of battles, when it comes to losing, I'm the strongest.
Sep 10, 2020 11:33 AM

Dec 2017
LN reader, what chapter are we at right now?

And with the possibility of 3 episodes remaining, assuming they stick to the light novel ending, is it possible for the 3 remaining episodes to cover the rest of the story, but do it well enough to convinces us that Hachiman should end up with Yukinon like in the Light Novel?

Or are we going to get a possibly rushed ending where Hachiman did a switcheroo and just switch to Yukino out of nowhere, and end the show, just like what Sing me Yesterday did?

Sep 10, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Another week of suffering for us Yui stans. Decent episode, felt like a set up for the final stretch here over the course of the next month. Sensei continues being the queen that she is.
Marinate1016 said:
Hiratsuka-sensei best girl for sure. We’ll all miss her :(
Sep 10, 2020 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
ShiroHachi said:
I still can't believe they cut the Romeo and Juliet scene, it's one of the most romantic scenes for Yukino and Hachiman. They also cut Yukino's last interlude/monologue. Man, Yukino only had 2 interludes for 3 seasons and they didn't adapt any of them FFS. And of course they adapted all Yui and Iroha scenes perfectly, including the dance scene. If any LN readers still thinks this is a good adaptation, something is wrong with you. How can they convince anime only fans about the main couple with 2 episodes now?

Romeo and Juliet scene and Yukino Interlude(from the LN)
You should believe it since it's clear that the director is clearly yuif*gging really hard. of course they were gonna cut yukino scenes to give screen time to their beloved girl. I wish brain's base continued adapting this instead of biased feel.
Sep 10, 2020 11:38 AM

Dec 2017
Harukaze23 said:
There's a rumor about chapter 13 being 40 + minutes long.

I really hope this is true. These 10 eps still didn't convince me why Hachiman should end up with Yukino, instead, I am leaning more to Yui now. They really need to do a lot of convincing, so we can at least be satisfied with the ending.
Hellooo_TheereeSep 10, 2020 11:42 AM
Sep 10, 2020 11:43 AM
Oct 2015
Hellooo_Theeree said:

And with the possibility of 3 episodes remaining, assuming they stick to the light novel ending, is it possible for the 3 remaining episodes to cover the rest of the story, but do it well enough to convinces us that Hachiman should end up with Yukinon like in the Light Novel?

Or are we going to get a possibly rushed ending where Hachiman did a switcheroo and just switch to Yukino out of nowhere, and end the show, just like what Sing me Yesterday did?

Volume 14 Chapter 5, and its 12 episode btw
Sep 10, 2020 11:54 AM
Aug 2020
Hellooo_Theeree said:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but we should be in the middle of Chapter 7.
At this speed the final will be way too short and I don't think it can be reached. More likely, the series ends with the confession and leaves out the rest. The prom was more of a mid-season finale and not really at the end of the book.
Jun 2020
MegamiRem said:
Maruseru93 said:
Well, we'll see...😉
A_G_NSep 10, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Aw man this episode was painful.

Iroha is honestly the best dude, this episode for her was amazing.

The dance is too much. Poor Yui :(

"Does something 'genuine' really exist" Man this line is probably what everyone is thinking.

Hiratsuka-sensei with that advice tho. "Your guy's relationship isn't and can't be summed up into one word like codependency." 8man, I would've wifed her up already.

The background piano ver. of the ending is so beautiful and fit so well.

Sep 10, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 2019
Bandulf said:
Hellooo_Theeree said:

At this speed the final will be way too short and I don't think it can be reached. More likely, the series ends with the confession and leaves out the rest. The prom was more of a mid-season finale and not really at the end of the book.

This episode ends up at chapter 5
Next episode will feature chapter 6 and 7 and one Ishiki interlude .
Sep 10, 2020 11:56 AM
Jun 2020
Hellooo_Theeree said:

This ep ended with chap 5 or 6 I think, next ep is definetly chap 7, and last eps gonna have two or three chaps rammed into it, oh boy...
Sep 10, 2020 11:58 AM
Jun 2020
Bandulf said:
Hellooo_Theeree said:

Next ep will be "that", last ep will def have some stuff from chap 8,9 and 10..
Sep 10, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
Hiratsuka-sensei MVP of the episode and best girl, tbh.
Sep 10, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2017
I lost the last bit of my composure, rated the season 1/10, gonna read last volume of LN. Bye folks.
Sep 10, 2020 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Much better than the previous chapters, but once again I feel Yukino gets short changed when it comes to the adaptation. The Romeo Juliet scene was gone. I really the producers are trying to make this more "exciting" and create some tension but everyone knows whats coming. It's been clear for a long time and just requires some honesty from 2 people.

Hiratsuka sense once again MVP. How that woman is single is one of life's greatest misteries.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 10, 2020 12:03 PM
Aug 2020
A_G_N said:
Hellooo_Theeree said:

This ep ended with chap 5 or 6 I think, next ep is definetly chap 7, and last eps gonna have two or three chaps rammed into it, oh boy...

Well ... then they have animated exactly half of Volume 14 and 2 more episodes for the rest. Sounds unrealistic to me.
Sep 10, 2020 12:09 PM

Dec 2017
A_G_N said:

Well ... then they have animated exactly half of Volume 14 and 2 more episodes for the rest. Sounds unrealistic to me.

Well cool, I should expect some super rushed ending and shouldn't get my hopes too high.

Is there any possibility we could get an OVA or a movie in the future just to tie-up loose end?
Hellooo_TheereeSep 10, 2020 12:29 PM
Sep 10, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2010
Bandulf said:
A_G_N said:

Well they did half in 2 eps, there's another 2 eps left for the later half.
Sep 10, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2016
Lmao this season fucking sucks, at least we have Sensei, Meguri-senpai, and Haruno, to make this pile of shit watchable.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 10, 2020 12:15 PM
Aug 2020
Hellooo_Theeree said:
A_G_N said:

Well cool, I should expect some super rushed ending and shouldn't get my hopes too high.

According to my expectation:
The anime ends with the events of Chapter 7 and then shows the credits.

Sep 10, 2020 12:24 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fudge, someone please make Hiratsuka-sensei happy! I beg you, whoever that bloody lucky man is, don't take your sweet time and hurry the heck up already!

And finally the words that needed to be said are finally out. "You can't fill all your emotions in a single word" - that's exactly right! And, by the looks of the next preview, he might just one up this hurdle finally. Can't wait to see it!

Chilling reveal from Haruno-san there but I think most of us were expecting something of the sort, anyway. Tense finish with Hachiman breaking free from Yukino (not literally of course!) there, though. I wonder how things will progress from here on.

Nice to see Yukino's mother showing a bit of her motherly side although it could well end up a false front but we'll get more to that next episode so I'll hold off from making more comment on this for the time being.

Lol, Hachiman's expressions during the dance though...

Finally into the final stretch now! I'm just praying for a fitting conclusion now, honestly. Ending of a story is paramount, and this show is currently right on the tightrope of it. I still love the franchise from the Moon and back though and I still surely will even if the ending is sour, but I'm just saying.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 10, 2020 12:35 PM
Jun 2020
Bandulf said:
A_G_N said:

Well, thats exactly why people complained about vol 13 being 4 eps, its only a 12 ep anime too, the next ep will actually be fine, last ep is fucked or who knows how they will handle it..
Sep 10, 2020 12:36 PM
Jun 2020
Hellooo_Theeree said:
A_G_N said:

Is there any possibility we could get an OVA or a movie in the future just to tie-up loose end?
OVA prob(every season had one) movie is an enigma tho..
Sep 10, 2020 12:36 PM
Mar 2019
so good episodre.

I swear in future do another seaosn or ova of the extra novels in the blue rays
Sep 10, 2020 12:38 PM
Jun 2020
Bandulf said:
Hellooo_Theeree said:

According to my expectation:
The anime ends with the events of Chapter 7 and then shows the credits.

Nope, next ep, last ep will end with chap 10 as based on leaks of the episodes
Sep 10, 2020 12:43 PM
Aug 2020
I still had hopes they would try. In my opinion, it would be much better if you took the rest of the time to get Chapter 7 right. Than now desperately to show everything up to chapter 10. How is that supposed to work?
Sep 10, 2020 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Everything will be settled next episode is what it seems. Hope the ova can cover some of the aftermath and missing closure that will possibly be left in the next two episodes.
Sep 10, 2020 1:05 PM

Jan 2020
Am I the only one, who felt like nothing new happened at all? Like, what was the episode about? Just, they were like moving around the school and stuff, but what exactly did they do?
Sep 10, 2020 1:13 PM
Aug 2020
RudeRedis said:
Am I the only one, who felt like nothing new happened at all? Like, what was the episode about? Just, they were like moving around the school and stuff, but what exactly did they do?

Actually, it was all about the Romeo and Juliet scene.

ShiroHachi has already cited the pages in the sixth post.

Unfortunately, the core of the action wasn't taken over in the anime ... so you're right, actually nothing happened.
Sep 10, 2020 1:20 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. This is first time I see Iroha's running gag as actually maybe understandable and sad thing.. If she says that many guys just confessed to her and stuff, and she had to reject them.. It's understandable then, that when she sees advances - she rejects out right.. It was funny before.. Now I kinda understand, why she does so then.. It's actually a bit sad then..
Well.. Yukino, Yui and Hachiman joining student council.. This can be really one of the way the can continue with their club, to be honest.. Good proposal from Iroha's side, actually.. Very good one.. If that is what they'll want, of course.. But knowing that there is possibility and you're awaited in there is good.. Good to have option..
So.. The end problem is to appease to Haruno?.. For Yukino to get the father's job?.. And what would Haruno want herself, really?.. Something impressive?..
And just what Haruno would want to do in life herself, really?..
Haruno is a bit disappointed that she had to live 20 years of her life doing something she didn't want.. But also.. It doesn't seem like it's too late to start doing something and living somehow how she'd want?.. Yeah, even if Yukino's and Haruno's mom won't accept Yukino as replacement instantly.. It didn't seem she was too against idea, and why would she?.. Yukino still has time to grow into leader and stuff.. As well as, really, Haruno can do whatever she wants and can just abandon family, if it's not the life she wants to live, really.. Maybe in richer class it's harder to do, you'll be followed or something.. But also, if you say strongly that you won't do it, mom won't have choice, but to agree.. How you can force your daughter into ruling business?.. Especially if there is just another one, who would actually want to do that..
Haruno: "I wonder if anything genuine... actually exists." .. Who knows, Haruno.. Maybe genuity is a very floating concept.. As we change all the time, and it's hard to take different positions with others.. So even if today we can speak our heart out.. Tomorrow we'll have different opinion on things, and be afraid of the past we carelessly committed ourselves to.. But.. Maybe that's the thing.. We can again just ask ourselves.. What is it we want again.. To tell.. Or do.. Or something.. Many of the times it'll be completely contrary things.. But if anything.. You really can say about those contrary things.. Or satisfy them in turns..
But in the end.. What is it what Haruno wants?.. And Hachiman?.. And everyone in particular?..
Damn, freaking finally!!! Freaking finally someone tells that codependency is not their relationship! Thank you, Shizuka, I love you as a character! ;D
Maybe that's the shortest and best lesson Hiratsuka sensei gave to Hachiman so far, it feels.. Yeah, say no to one pathologizing word! ;P
But for real, though.. It feels nice after many episodes of this thing to actually hear the opinion I agree with on this matter I completely disagreed with..
And, I like how episode is named after Hiratsuka.. Though, her this thing really only took a minute to be said.. But the most important thing that happened, actually.. ;P
Sep 10, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2018
Prom went as planned,,,thought it kinda looks more like a graduation ball, since it was those gradating student that were there.

So, Yukinon taking over her dad's job......does the OC ever consider that a diet member needs to be elected into office, cu'z Yukinon otosan is a member of the diet...

So, the Service Club was about to disbanded, so what's the fuss it's only the 3 of them who were the members? Besides even if the so called club gets disbanded they can always be friends, besides , it's just a club, being together is what's more important. Besides , they're gonna be senior by the next school year...

Ya know I think there were time that 8man should just give up to whatever drama shenanigans that them Yukinoshita sibling were having, cu'z it's really making this sequel overrated
Sep 10, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2018
Prom went as planned,,,thought it kinda looks more like a graduation ball, since it was those gradating student that were there.

So, Yukinon taking over her dad's job......does the OC ever consider that a diet member needs to be elected into office, cu'z Yukinon otosan is a member of the diet...

So, the Service Club was about to disbanded, so what's the fuss it's only the 3 of them who were the members? Besides even if the so called club gets disbanded they can always be friends, besides , it's just a club, being together is what's more important. Besides , they're gonna be senior by the next school year...

Ya know I think there were time that 8man should just give up to whatever drama shenanigans that them Yukinoshita sibling were having, cu'z it's really making this sequel overrated
Sep 10, 2020 1:27 PM

Jan 2020

Just read that. Never read any kind of "Slice of Life" style novels before, but as for me that fragment still was "a lot of words for nothing" type of thing, to be fair. Hachiman's behavior became sorta pussy, even though some guys might consider it as "careful" and "pedantic", let's face it: he's a puss.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Yesterday, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.