Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Double sword set.

The enemy is stronger. Eugeo guy also came to lend power (like Yuuki-san's character to main girl and gone last ep.) The sword is complete again and led others go.

Yuuki-san's character appearing again to explain to main girl to explaining about what happens.

Main guy absorbed Eugeo guy's power and outfit changed again. Even though the enemy is strong, he got his enemy's sword broken. Then made him a tree (the tree they tried to cut in the beginning of the arc). Then he healed everyone else.

It's not the end, he still needs to save Alice girl, bringing main girl. (Wow, he can do anything. too ultimate).

Real world and enemy team starting some sort of countdown and might affect underworld. Main guy doesn't seem to tell main girl about what really happened.

Alice girl led her dragons go, but they attacked Ishida-san's character instead. Main guy caught up in time and the dragons were safe.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 22, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Thanks Eugeo, I like that blooming scene.

Is this what is called Force logout? It was an amazing battle, even though it was won by Kirito in Aincrad Mode. How does it feel to be cursed to be a tree? I thought it would be a horrible reunion, why wasn't there a kiss scene.

The second half is a real world and yeah it was so boring. What will you do with 15 minutes, Kirito. Don't cry Dragon-san (Amayori idfc) Looks like Alice really missed Kirito.

Aug 22, 2020 8:31 AM

Jun 2017
I'd hate to be an anime-only this season. I'm sure to most people it seems that everyone has random superpowers. They did explain incarnation throughout the first half but then again, judging from the MAL forums, I doubt anyone remembers.
Signature.
Apr 2017
this episode was amazing

but i do wonder when will this season end

and if there will be a new one or is this it

Nov 2011
Yeah, this is the Kirito I remember from before. Not only is he back in character but also retains his fighting skills and abilites. A warm welcome is something I definitely expected from his friends and Asuna.

Looks like he made the turning point of that battle. Oh and that spirit of Eugeo fighting by them....that's a symbol of their friendship.

And lol, the princess carry. Kirito really wanted the make the most from his return.
Aug 22, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
The battle between Kirito and PoH was pretty good, and the audio effect is very good, the frozen rose skill from Eugeo's sword gaves me chill, Kirito in his Aincrad suit, and with two swords, made him cool and strong, slightly liking Alice's reaction when she met Kirito again.
Aug 22, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2018
Aleph199X said:
I'd hate to be an anime-only this season. I'm sure to most people it seems that everyone has random superpowers. They did explain incarnation throughout the first half but then again, judging from the MAL forums, I doubt anyone remembers.
Don't hesitate because this art is so amazing. Have you seen the SAO II score at MAL?

CatGirlCinnamon said:
When this gets to episode 11, lol.
Aug 22, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
This ep didnt deliver as much as I expected it to be, well since because we got about God tier animations for Bercuouli VS Gabriel and Asuna V PoH but got mid shit with Kirito V PoH, maybe they reserving it for his battle with Miller but meh, PoH got fodderized af while Kirito was pulling some Godly shit along the way, also Yuuki, you dead right? STAY DEAD! Stop fcking appearing ep after ep and talking like you fking mother Mary or some angel shit.

I got a lil edgy when he already knew he doesnt have enough time but just kept on standing there while talking, thinking and still talking, like if I heard I got a timer on my ass I would be dashing while talking, I mean wouldnt anyone!?
Ima lose all hope if Miller V Kirito dont deliver.
Aug 22, 2020 8:38 AM
Apr 2017
so next month on 19th? then
Aug 22, 2020 8:43 AM

Feb 2018
CatGirlCinnamon said:
so next month on 19th? then
i'm not sure because the schedule may change, such as delays, etc.
Aug 22, 2020 8:43 AM
Apr 2017

i see well thats good to hear
Aug 22, 2020 9:51 AM

Oct 2017
Yep, Kirito is basically just Jesus disguise as human and can do whatever he wants.
He has all the power he can think of, like flying is suppose to be an unique ability only exclusive to one of the three God Accounts but nope, if Kirito thinks he needs to fly he will fly.

Also this got to be the most unsafe game ever created. If someone trapped you and don't let you suicide, you could imprison in the game for 100 + years w/o the way to log off lolz. Surprised Kirito even willing to do the test player. Also outside controller can tweak the time thing if they really want to and makes you suffer 200 years of time gap if they want to.

Also what about other players that logged in? So only people who logged in through STL will suffer the 200 year time gap and no-one else? Does that mean other method of logging in is safer than logging from that stupid STL with only risks , yet you literally experience the same thing from logging in through any other methods? So why the hell anyone want to use STL to log in ever?
Ventus_SAug 22, 2020 10:05 AM
Aug 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
First episode after Kirito is back and damn I was so glad to see him in action after soooooo long. The action scenes were animated well.

I kinda teared up after watching Kirito's ultra reliable back after so long. Asuna and Kirito's moment was really sweet and XDD Kirito doesn't even need wings to fly.

Seriously man the wyverns are too freakin loyal, geez they are too adorable. I love how each one of them tried to save their master. First Bercouli's drag and now Alice's too. Good thing Kirito came in time to save them.

Well it's a race against time now. They only have 10 mins to beat Subtilizer and then log out safely before the speed boost.
MegamiRemAug 22, 2020 11:14 AM
Aug 22, 2020 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see Kirito in action. His fight against PoH was great.
Kirito was merciless with PoH by turning him into a tree. That was really cold.

Those dragons in the Underworld are really loyal. First was the one with Bercouli helping him out and now it's Amayori helping out Alice.

Aug 22, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2015
Kirito is basically a cash user at this point, no chance for this guy, going to get his ass clapped.
Aug 22, 2020 10:13 AM
Oct 2016
Kirito the motherfucking badass is here to fuck your day up Vecta!!!!!!!! Oh God I loved this. Kirito coming back facing Vassago the fiend. Loved seeing their fight animated. Kirito still not quite himself at the start with holding back while the Blue Rose Sword was still damaged. But the baby boy himself Eugeo grabbing Kirito hand while pressing the sword towards Vassago! Amazing. Eugeo reassuring Kirito one final time, made me tear up too. Their combined Release Recollection to logout the other countries players without them suffering. A very wholesome way to get rid of the enemy forces whom Vassago had brainwashed. Of course though that bastard sting he wasn't just gonna go away. Very fitting imo that Kirito effectively trapped him in the Underworld for the rest of his life unable to logout. Making him the new demon tree like he and Eugeo saw back inn the village, maybe one day some kids will come along and chop him down.

Time is it the essence though with the invaders on the Ocean Turtle getting rid of the fluctlight limiter. So now if they don't logout very soon they'll be trapped in the Underworld for over two hundred years. Much longer than a human soul can withstand. So not only do they need to save Alice from Vecta but not it's a time crunch too! Kirito zooming over there to the World End Altar with Asuna just in time to stop Vecta. It's about to be that time boys!!!! Time to face the devil himself!!!!
Aug 22, 2020 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
Alice is in the episode 10/10.

Nah, in all seriousness, great ep. Had goosebumps for most of the episode. The Kirito vassago fight was amazing.

In the book, Alice’s goodbye to Amayori was a lot more emotional and then obviously they removed the Kirito and Asuna Kiss, they skipped some other stuff, but it wasn’t really anything that I cared about, personally.

at this pace,
Aug 22, 2020 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
damn the op is back... why are the things so dire all the time... hmmm only 10 mins and four episodes left
Aug 22, 2020 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
CatGirlCinnamon said:
this episode was amazing

and if there will be a new one or is this it

The studio if I recall correct, said they'd fully adapt the light novels into anime. So that should be the ark after Alicization too which the light novels are currently at 3 volumes deep. And I'm pretty sure they'll also adapt the mini ark that's right after Alicization.

Aug 22, 2020 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
Kirito turned that mofo into a tree. Final boss fight next episode.
Aug 22, 2020 10:20 AM

May 2018
They skipped the Asuna kiss scene :(
Aug 22, 2020 10:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And our beloved hero is once more back to face the devil Vassago. Welcome back we missed you tons. What makes Vassago such a great villain though is that he's a threat both physically and mentally as well on account of his mind games. Kirito's reawakening after the intervention from Eugeo though sure was fun. The banishment of the red players was an excellent move both to protect his friends and also the reds themselves as well. The requipping of Kirito's gear via the absorption of the life energy that was borne from banishing the reds sure was a nice touch. The dual between Vassago and Kirito was just excellent tense but satisfying as well especially with how it ended. Even so being turned into a tree is being a bit too lenient on him. Kirito and Asuna's reunion though was so sweet. Back at the the turtle though the yanks sure made a mess of things.
Kirito sure arrived in the nick of time to save Amayori and Takiguri from Gabriel. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent plot advancement, tension and combat with Kirito's dual with Vassago being the highlight. Looking forward to seeing Kirito take on Gabriel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2008
Marinate1016 said:

In the book, Alice’s goodbye to Amayori was a lot more emotional and then obviously they removed the Kirito and Asuna Kiss, they skipped some other stuff, but it wasn’t really anything that I cared about, personally.

Yeah they skipped the little chat Kirito and Asuna had about their new age difference, since Kirito was inside Underworld long enough to now be older than Asuna.
*Edit: Also they skipped Kirito explaining his new powers (flying for example).

Dec 2019
Gald to see Kirito finally coming back. His reunion with Asuna was really cute, disappointing that there wasn't a kiss scene.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Aug 22, 2020 10:26 AM

Mar 2018
Thread cleaned. Discuss about the episode itself and do not derail.

Here he is, our boy Kirito and returning as a badass that he is! Yes, change him into a tree and keep PoH prison in the game... Actually... That's quite cruel now that I think about it. I've probably said it already too many times, but the OST is just a masterpiece.

What is it with Alice and the Dragons?! That was way too emotional! AMAYORI, NO!!!- Now THAT is what I call a good entrance and stand to protect the dragons, good job Kirito!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 22, 2020 10:30 AM

Dec 2019
If there was any kind of power balance in this world, this season just made sure to ruin it. Kirito is basically a god at this point, even though he's not even an administrador (maybe the characters who helped to bring him back all saw him as a god), characters are killed but they don't die ( Emiya was right all along!), ass pulls happening every episode, Kirito back to acting as the total badass that he is, expect now he's somehow even edgier. One thing I don't understand is how they manage to give Kirito his suit every fucking season, just why???

The reunion was nice, I was sure they would kiss but ok. Alice is finally back and I hope she gets more screentime now. I hope they give us another epic fight in the next episode.
Aug 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2012
I would be totally down if Kirito and Asuna got stuck inside and they just lived their lives in the game
Aug 22, 2020 10:34 AM
Mar 2020
This episode is pretty good. Even though it was obvious that Kirito's going to return.
Aug 22, 2020 10:37 AM

Oct 2017
CrossBlack said:
If there was any kind of power balance in this world, this season just made sure to ruin it. Kirito is basically a god at this point, even though he's not even an administrador (maybe the characters who helped to bring him back all saw him as a god), characters are killed but they don't die ( Emiya was right all along!), ass pulls happening every episode, Kirito back to acting as the total badass that he is, expect now he's somehow even edgier. One thing I don't understand is how they manage to give Kirito his suit every fucking season, just why???

The reunion was nice, I was sure they would kiss but ok. Alice is finally back and I hope she gets more screentime now. I hope they give us another epic fight in the next episode.

Yeah, season 2 is the only season with the best fighting I guess cuz Kirito is not there to ruin the balance as hacker. (Well Victors' tropes are hackers too)
I guess I only enjoy the fight that was fought by UW NPCs themselves cuz it seems to make the most sense. (Knights vs Dark Territory)
Any other fights related to Kirito/ Victor's tropes are asspull.

One big hacker slaughtering a bunch of bad hackers = SAO story in a nutshell.
Aug 22, 2020 10:46 AM
Jul 2020
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT
Aug 22, 2020 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
- Jesus / God / Prophet / Messiah can heal everyone, although he could not previously (see Alice eye, too little sacral energy)
-infinity: Incarnation
- Kirito / Kawahara presents all scientists at Rath as stupid (there would certainly be a security module so that everyone can be logged out and the speed can be reduced again by computer)

- Six months of abstinence and Kirito can fight like a master
- PoH is a joke as an opponent (lost against Asuna, Eiji (only won thanks to the light novels) and Kirito)
- Incarnation leads to plotholes (if he can move that fast, why did he only do this with Alice and Asuna (Flashback Heathcliff vs. Kirito) and not with Eugeo (oh yes, because plot)
- Nobody except Kirito can fight anymore, instead of shouting "Kirito-kun", you should have fought yourself, similar to Asuna (You can either fight or not)

- Copy and paste fight (Asuna vs. PoH)
- Linear plot (Kirito vs. Subtilizer)
- Hero in SAO, ALO, GGO, PA and maybe in UR
- Kirito can easily log out thousands of players
- Eldire, Dakira, Bercoulie and Eugeo had to die, but not two dragons? * facepalm *
- Cringe and too many clichés (Fortunately, they skipped the kiss)
- Too many effects like Marvel and Transformers, instead of putting logic in the foreground

- If Kirito "kills" someone, everything is fine, but if the antagonist does, it is sacrilege
- And by the way Kirito all memories are in the brain and not in the heart
removed-userAug 22, 2020 2:08 PM
Aug 22, 2020 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
Yuuki's part was not good, but for the rest only the kiss was missing.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 22, 2020 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
MaDmAnI said:
- Jesus / God / Prophet / Messiah can heal everyone, although he could not previously (see Alice eye, too little sacral energy)
-infinity: Incarnation
- Kirito / Kawahara presents all scientists at Rath as stupid (there would certainly be a security module so that everyone can be logged out and the speed can be reduced again by computer)

- Six months of abstinence and Kirito can fight like a master
- PoH is a joke as an opponent (lost against Asuna, Eiji (only won thanks to the light novels) and Kirito)
- Incarnation leads to plotholes (if he can move that fast, why did he only do this with Alice and Asuna (Flashback Heathcliff vs. Kirito) and not with Eugeo (oh yes, because plot)
- Nobody except Kirito can fight anymore, instead of shouting "Kirito-kun", you should have fought yourself, similar to Asuna

- Copy and paste fight (Asuna vs. PoH)
- Linear plot (Kirito vs. Subtilizer)
- Hero in SAO, ALO, GGO, PA and maybe in UR
- Kirito can easily log out thousands of players
- Eldire, Dakira, Bercoulie and Eugeo had to die, but not two dragons? * facepalm *
- Cringe and too many clichés (Fortunately, they skipped the kiss)
- Too many effects like Marvel and Transformers, instead of putting logic in the foreground

- If Kirito "kills" someone, everything is fine, but if the antagonist does, it is sacrilege
- And by the way Kirito all memories are in the brain and not in the heart

Don't get me started some of the Knights / Dark Territory leaders has fought / trained themselves with the strongest weapon/ incarnation/ real life battle experience for decades (some even 100+ years) yet apparently their incarnation/ will / skill level is not even 1/100 the fragment of Kirito's incarnation/ will/ skill level with at max 2 years of experience. (And he only learned release recollection and incarnation system like literally around 2 days during his time of climbing tower, then he went straight into coma and do nothing)
Aug 22, 2020 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
Holy... What an absolutely crazy episode. What Kirito did to PoH was fucking dark, but 1000% deserved. Looks like PoH will spend at least 200 years "dead".

We know Sinon and Leafa will be fine, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Kirito, Asuna, and Alice.

(Also sucks that they skipped the kiss, out of everything that was completely unnecessary. Although I'd guess they'll just add it in somewhere else)
Aug 22, 2020 11:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
He really changed PoH into a tree lol Kirito seems totally determined now (I expected him to kiss Asuna but looks like he cares more about Eugeo XD) I hope for some Kirito-Asuna-Alice moments next ep
Aug 22, 2020 11:15 AM
Oct 2019
Whoa!...It went exactly as the LN...even the dialogues are the same...well the previous episodes were no exception. But it still felt like the reunion was cut short. Anyway I'm hyped for the battle b/w Gabriel and Kirito....lets see how they adapt it.
A1 PICTURES IS STILL THE BEST🔥🔥🔥
Aug 22, 2020 11:15 AM
Mar 2019
Episode is so good.
I swear after finish this season productos things i continue the SAO Saga because its more material an all times the continue SAO the sell a lot BR merchandising an all things
Aug 22, 2020 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
HYPE!!! The one and only Jesus-kun has ascended to GOD!
Aug 22, 2020 11:46 AM
Jan 2020
This might be one of the most engaging episodes in the whole sword art online series. Even though the fight of Kirito was not that interesting as that of Asuna, of course kirito is way overpowered, but this episode war really fun to watch.
I just hope that after this arc, there won't be any more problems in Kirito and Asuna's life.
Aug 22, 2020 11:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was quite the mixed package for me. Lots of glorious and hype moments along with a fair share of downsides, if I'm to be frankly honest here.

Eugeo and Yuuki make their zillionth reappearance this season and honestly this whole sequence of event is just tiring at the moment. I'm guessing there'll be one critical appearance in the next 10 minutes in the storyline but hopefully I'm wrong. Kirito's OPness seriously knows no bounds as well, lol. Didn't expect anything else there...

I don't understand how supposedly all of the foreign real-life players are out now though. Didn't Kirito just freeze up only about a 100 or so players? And what was with that rain of healing and whatevs, where'd he get that from?

But, on the other side of the spectrum, a lot of positives to highlight. Kirito vs. PoH was pretty darn good despite it not being as as striking as Asuna vs. PoH's battle from last episode to be honest. Expecting a heck of an episode next week to make up for it (and I'm sure we'll get that).

Kirito's avatar change to Aincrad's was pretty cool too but that introduction in front of the main antagonist, Miller, at the very end to save Aomori and his/her sibling was the pick of the lot for me. Cross arms and ready for a battle, that's how I like it!

Quite the harsh treatment to PoH though, I must say. But well, fitting nonetheless.

Very little Asuna x Kirito moment but screw that, Klein took the spotlight in that department this week xD. Loved it!

We're clearly in the last stretch of the arc now and I'm just hoping it'll end on a high.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 22, 2020 11:52 AM
Jul 2019
TAK_PROJECT said:
HYPE!!! The one and only Jesus-kun has ascended to GOD!

actually..... that's kinda close to the mark. after killing quinella his object and system control authority have gone through the roof making him ........ immortal
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kirito is back to full form and made quick work PoH and now he's going to take care of Gabriel.

Feb 2014
Damn finally Vassago's rampage ends. The only downside of the whole show was this guy with no real meaning and whatsonot trash development. I guess he was a filler character till the end.
HAX MODE ON KIRITO FOR THE FINALE.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 2019
my boy kirito is back and he is as strong as ever
the fight vs PoH was nice but i am hype for kirito vs miller
5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Aug 22, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2018
Oh c'mon so what if all those players die in that game, it's not like that they're gonna die in the real world anywayz, besides those players were nothing more than just FPS that uses programs, binaries and algorithms in their desktops or consoles .
Aug 22, 2020 11:57 AM

Jun 2020
Yellow-eyed Black Swordsman is back! This episode was amazing!

Kirito and PoH fight was great, you call Kirito a vegetable you get turned into a tree, justice has been served.

Wait Kirito is fighting Vector this early? I have high hopes for this fight, don't disappoint me A-1.

Also it's been a long time since I saw that fidget spinner from Kirito's Aincrad avatar!

This week's episode is definitely a 5!

I said keep your hands on the table
Aug 22, 2020 11:59 AM

Jun 2020
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Oh c'mon so what if all those players die in that game, it's not like that they're gonna die in the real world anywayz, besides those players were nothing more than just FPS that uses programs, binaries and algorithms in their desktops or consoles .

Wrong, Underworld doesn't have a pain limiter so people can still feel pain when they are injured or when they are dead, Kirito didn't want them to feel that pain

Aug 22, 2020 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Kirito taking out PoH was nice.
Asuna and Kirito reunion was the best part of the episode, cute intimate moment.
Aug 22, 2020 12:03 PM

Jun 2020
For some of the idiots in this thread-

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/iekoy8/sword_art_online_alicization_explaining_the/

Go learn what incarnation is, and stop with the "Kirito overpowered" bullshit

Aug 22, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2019
I was thinking "ow shit, Kirito is back and now he will avoid to kill any enemy"...

And then, how great way he did to "not kill" Vassago, but actually killing him for good.

Nice fight scenes, but i already gived up to care about any logic in this anime. Now Kirito can FLY? So why all that hard time to climb the Tower in Alicization?

SAO = Skills Asspulled Overplot
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.