Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2020
Rdxrchi said:
DruMzTV said:
finished the episode and it got even worse.

I truly hope there are people out there who can find enjoyment in this thing.

But for an action anime, i need:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
not reused footage from the anime in the Opening
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

this is some hot overhyped garbage right there, but again, if you arent very versed in behind the scenes stuff (animation, directing etc), i hope you can take your enjoyment out of it
Better animation XD? Better Studio XDDD?
did this retard just say "better animation?" lmao dude grow up literally everyone is praising the animation. If you're gonna sit here and cry don't watch
Jul 20, 2020 9:56 AM

Apr 2016
Just love this series.
If only this anime could have 100+ episodes
BRAWLERS
Jul 20, 2020 9:58 AM
Apr 2019
Lowdistortion22 said:
Bababazooka69 said:
Don't expect AOT to have same quality as GOHS cause both the shows have different staff.
you shouldn't have been worried in the first place mappa is a really good studio, not to mention they're 70% madhouse
MAPPA is good no doubt but no matter how good the studio is, talented staff matters the most imo. AOT final season has a solid director but art and animation wise, its weak.
Jul 20, 2020 9:58 AM

May 2015
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

this is some hot overhyped garbage right there, but again, if you arent very versed in behind the scenes stuff (animation, directing etc), i hope you can take your enjoyment out of it

Damn, the baby rage and elitism is real.

Jul 20, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
Lowdistortion22 said:
you shouldn't have been worried in the first place mappa is a really good studio, not to mention they're 70% madhouse
MAPPA is good no doubt but no matter how good the studio is, talented staff matters the most imo. AOT final season has a solid director but art and animation wise, its weak.
the show hasn't even aired yet... How the fuck can you call the art and animation weak? I can't wait for it to come out I bet you're not gonna have anything to say
Jul 20, 2020 10:03 AM
Aug 2018
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

I can't take you seriously dude. Maybe they should use Adobe animate instead to motion capturing to frame out the fight scenes.
The way you listed your problems are like yeah everything should better because it will make the show better. Isn't that the case with everything in the world?
Btw I'm not judging your taste, you're free to like and dislike whatever you want, just stop being elitist who pretends to know everything but in reality isn't much different than an average fan.
Oh and if you reply to me, I won't be looking at it since it's just a one time comment I made because I read something ridiculous.
Either try to be a little open minded or just drop the show because you don't seem to like it very much.
Jul 20, 2020 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
holy fuk MAPPA is going all in with the animation lol, though I guess it makes sense given this style of show.

also ngl, thought the characters in the OP would not be the ones that would be going out so quickly lool

anime-prime said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post. It will be unlocked 30 minutes after the episode has aired. The thread is now unlocked.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.

this should be done for all popular shows tbh lol

Shirase-san said:
Man I'm so happy Mori just has that likeable MC charm with a bit of badassery mixed in.

I agree so much lol
Jul 20, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2019
Lowdistortion22 said:
Bababazooka69 said:
the show hasn't even aired yet... How the fuck can you call the art and animation weak? I can't wait for it to come out I bet you're not gonna have anything to say
Look, i too want final season to be as good if not better than previous seasons but looking at the final season's staffs previous works on art and animation, its not gonna look like GOHS level animation wise especially.
Jul 20, 2020 10:12 AM

Feb 2012
Eh, I wanted to enjoy this, being a fresh and well animated martial arts show, but the whole superpowers bullshit ruins it. Story is a whack.
Jul 20, 2020 10:30 AM
Nov 2018
narekokr said:

So it's the same type of Stand as Death 13

Good one, good one.
Jul 20, 2020 10:33 AM

Aug 2019
AnimeFanTalk said:
cythraul said:
There seems to be some supernatural elements but they are so random that it doesn't even make sense especially that stand at the last. I hope they explain it or else this series got nothing other than sakuga going for it.

Well, the trio won their matches. I was hoping for a long match between mori and commissioner tho.

This is my same complaint. I'm all for supernatural stuff but it has to be plausible in the realm of the story. 3 episodes in and nothing has been explained or even mentioned. Shit just came out of nowhere.

This. It totally came out of nowhere and just ruined my enjoyment.
The animation still looks good, though only for the fights, but the story is so lackluster.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 20, 2020 10:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow wtf was Jin Mori's fight xD i'm really interested to know what really happened, and I liked the focus on Han Daewi during this episode, his fight against the nerd was quite cool to see.
Jul 20, 2020 10:43 AM
Jan 2020
SonikkuPlay said:
narekokr said:

So it's the same type of Stand as Death 13

Good one, good one.

Gotta love the Jojo's References.
Daft Punk is love, Daft Punk is life

Jul 20, 2020 10:53 AM

Feb 2020
I didn't know why but i'm not really like the VA for the main character, but i really like other VA especially Han, Dae-wei. It's fun episode and i can finally see Han, Dae-wei fight he's seems a nice character. GG
Jul 20, 2020 10:58 AM
May 2016
Mayo-13 said:
AnimeFanTalk said:

This is my same complaint. I'm all for supernatural stuff but it has to be plausible in the realm of the story. 3 episodes in and nothing has been explained or even mentioned. Shit just came out of nowhere.

This. It totally came out of nowhere and just ruined my enjoyment.
The animation still looks good, though only for the fights, but the story is so lackluster.
it should be explained because theres a reason for him having that power, also the story isn't as 1D as it seems atleast not in the webtoon no telling what the anime adaption is going to do, but that doesnt mean the story is some super going to blow your mind change your perspective on life type beat just saying its not as 1D as the anime is making it seem.
Jul 20, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
Mah Miseon-chan, make me part of your harem!

I actually liked the fight between her and Mira more here, even tho they changed the outcome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2020 11:15 AM

Apr 2015
this episode was hella fast
like what the hell were these 30 second emotional backstories
but the fighting scenes were nice I guess
Jul 20, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2008
So now stand users appear?

This series just seems like "random cool looking action" to me. There are no rules on how powers work and they appear completely randomly in random forms. First you think it's just exaggerated martial arts, but then you start getting stand users and what not cursed fruits.

I was skeptical since the beginning but this episode really dropped the series coming score in my head by at least 2...

Jul 20, 2020 11:16 AM

May 2009
A lot of this anime is really good, but there is definitely some things bugging me.
I see other people mention it here too: the random supernatural stuff. It would be really helpful for more explanation on supernatural stuff, or else: worldbuilding.

Tower of God had a similar issue with 'worldbuilding'. Like.. why are they doing this? What is the "God of Highschool"? Who are all these men in suits and why are they important? I really hope they do take the time for this storytelling unlike Tower of God.

The other thing is pacing. It is especially annoying because I think the base (characters, plot and animation) is all really well-done. But this felt like an episode 6 where it is only 3. I know they only have 12 or 13 episodes, but just using the speed of light to tell the whole story is not going to make it particulary enjoyable. I am praying for it to change but looking at other anime they might just try to rush the whole thing into 12 episodes.

I know... I know... We are only 3 episodes in. A lot can still happen. I complain because I feel like this can be a real good show tbh.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy

Mar 2017
Damn, that was awesome! All three of the MC's matches were badass and I love that Daewi stopped his attack when the guy slipped over because he didn't wanna attack him unfairly... such a cinnamon roll!

I'm so curious about Jin! What is this tiger cub thing and how the feck did he move so fast to beat the green-haired dude?! Man, I just love him so much already. Definitely joining the Best Boi list!
Dec 2018
TamyOcom said:
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

I can't take you seriously dude. Maybe they should use Adobe animate instead to motion capturing to frame out the fight scenes.
The way you listed your problems are like yeah everything should better because it will make the show better. Isn't that the case with everything in the world?
Btw I'm not judging your taste, you're free to like and dislike whatever you want, just stop being elitist who pretends to know everything but in reality isn't much different than an average fan.
Oh and if you reply to me, I won't be looking at it since it's just a one time comment I made because I read something ridiculous.
Either try to be a little open minded or just drop the show because you don't seem to like it very much.

i´d love to like it but they arent doing a good job so thats that

TsukuyomiREKT said:
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

Damn, the baby rage and elitism is real.

its more of being really disappointed

kanziekan said:
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

Exact representation of people who expect every hyped anime to be the second coming of jesus. Just say you don't like it because it isn't your thing, like wtf is this shit. You're judging the whole story based on 3 episodes... man, later on you people will look like complete idiots. The only two I'll agree with you is better pacing and not reusing footage for OP (which is tiny cause the OP is about over 1m long compared to the 25m episode).

yeah lets agree to disagree, all good

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJul 20, 2020 4:59 PM
Jul 20, 2020 11:21 AM

Jan 2020
I would’ve enjoyed this show a lot more if it weren’t for those ridiculous super powers/supernatural elements tbh. Looking forward to see the 3 mains fight each other at some point; if that’ll ever happen. Who’s plot armor will be the strongest?
Jul 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Nov 2018
Damn, this episode was the best one yet.

Wasn't expecting to see Jin winning that fast.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 20, 2020 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
We got to see all 3 of the main characters fight in this episode, and I think I liked Han Daewi's the most. Mira was cool as well though, showing off how she can fight without a sword if she needs to. Jin's match....lol he easily handled that commissioner. This has already been brought up by many many others but I agree that the random supernatural stuff is a turn off. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was explained already but there hasn't been much worldbuilding so it just feels out of place. Hope that changes though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 20, 2020 11:51 AM

Jul 2019
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

I agree with pacing, story, blandness, somewhat agree with directing, character designs, effect animation and SFX. Disagree with the animation (its hard to do better than this), higher frame rate (besides the initial part of the girls fight, which was honestly kinda janky, its perfectly fine, higher frame rate doesnt necessarily mean better animation) , a better studio (i dont even like mappa, but i really like park so), higher budget (that would be kinda useless, they have an incredible team and an awesame production schedule, more budget wouldnt make much difference).
Jul 20, 2020 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
another excellent episode for me - loved the animation, music, overall vibe and amazing pace, hope it continues like this
that said, I don't mind the story being changed a bit - but reading how many ppl are frustrated by the lack of explanations, especially for those who don't read the manhwa, there could be a tad more info
other than that, fantastic job
Jul 20, 2020 12:40 PM
May 2020
Is it just me or they are butchering the franchise? I absolutely love the animation. I don't like the character design but it is faithful to the manhwa so its fine I guess. I really hoped they came up with new designs of Kami no tou But the pacing and story is all over the place.
Jul 20, 2020 12:40 PM

Sep 2017
Once again the episode felt rushed (I haven't read the manwha) but considering the nature of this anime, it still was super entertaining

MAPPA's flexing with the animation is so pleasant and satisfying
Jul 20, 2020 12:43 PM

Jul 2020
I was already finding Jin very similar to Goku on personality and after some things on this episode, I really think I know why is that.
Jul 20, 2020 12:54 PM

Apr 2015
Daewi vs Seungchul was pretty damn epic! Loved that fight! The stances looked really impressive!

Yuu vs Mah Miseon was also pretty good, she got some serious deadly force in those hands!

Now I understand why people say there's a lot of HxH vibes in GoH! I like it so far!
Jul 20, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2011
I'm really enjoying this anime so far and I love the protagonist's voice acting, it suits his personality so well ~

(on a side note, am i the only one who's bothered by how they draw the ears?)
Jul 20, 2020 2:14 PM
Apr 2020
Man I really hate the author of God of Highschool. He is so unsure about his work that he keeps changing stuff and this anime adaptation is not the first time that he did it.(As I've heard that most of these changes were his idea). He should start understanding that his EARLY WORK WAS AMAZING. THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT WORSE.
Jul 20, 2020 4:01 PM
Jul 2020
Kinben69 said:
Man I really hate the author of God of Highschool. He is so unsure about his work that he keeps changing stuff and this anime adaptation is not the first time that he did it.(As I've heard that most of these changes were his idea). He should start understanding that his EARLY WORK WAS AMAZING. THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT WORSE.

Some things were changed, but his early work was by no means amazing a lot of it was not good. The only change that has been bad so far is the battle system explanation and Mori talking with his grandpa.
Jul 20, 2020 4:18 PM

Aug 2016
Fantastic animation, but no substance.
There seem to be some serious problems in the writing department, and that was prevalent for most of this episode. I can't tell what's real. If main characters are using a magic system, that system needs to be established. If they aren't, and that's just an artistic depiction of the fight, then there shouldn't be people actually using some sort of magic system. This was why I did not like the fights with the two secondary leads.

Jul 20, 2020 4:18 PM

Aug 2019
Not a big fan of the superpower type fighting, I wish it would just stick to exaggerated martial arts. That one commissioner even had a stand.
Jul 20, 2020 4:19 PM
Jun 2013
It was better than the last episode, but i don't know, do this get really better? everything is just so blatantly generic, almost like a parody, characters are super shallow with either a 101% cliche motivation or just plain stupid, all the fights are literally the same thing, its just "look, i'm so strong, going to humiliate you" and in the next minute they get suddenly owned, and not with martial arts but the random supernatural powers just throwed with no explanation, even the animation that is the selling point suffered a bit in the girls fight with some quite rough movements, there's really no weight at anything because you instantly know how the fight will develop and who will win and also the fact that you can break people's neck and get healed easily.

Seriously, 8.17 is way to high for this lol
Jul 20, 2020 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

You literally gave DRAGON BALL SUPER a 7/10, calling you elitist would be the understatement of the year, you're a straight up hypocrite.
I don't think God is a masterpiece series but jesus christ everything you typed here was absolutely invalidated by yourself.
Jul 20, 2020 4:42 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah it still looks good, but after 3 episodes the story just feels slapdash. After Kami no Tou this looks to be another webtoon adaptation that forgoes worldbuilding or any proper exposition. So what we're left with is non-sensical action. Which is fine with me, but I hoped for me.
Jul 20, 2020 4:42 PM
Feb 2019
I'm a bit confused. What was that thing that Jin ate a devil fruit? Or just some drug. Also the commissioner guy has Nen but not allowed to use. Also the thing where his Grandpa is a prominent person and Jin belongs to a prestigious family I think.
Jul 20, 2020 4:46 PM

Jan 2018
That Daewi fight was legit af and then bust out the stands? This show gets better every episode.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 20, 2020 5:03 PM

Mar 2010
ALl the fights had some level of greatness... but the plot armor was way wayyy to damn apparent. If at least one of them lost it would have been better, but I"m guessing that will happen in the semi finals.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 20, 2020 5:06 PM

May 2019
"the best martial arts anime of the century!"

And now it is about Stands.
Jul 20, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2020
Nice episode. The fight scenes' animations always delivers! Especially Han vs Baek! For a moment I thought Han was going to lose; Baek seemed to be leagues above him until Han got the usual emotional flashback that enables an anime character to make a comeback from an ass whooping. Well I don't mind cos I like Han 😄

Btw Mira doesn't even need a sword for the Moon Light Sword Style apparently lol.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm really interested in that cult's involvement in the tournament as well as their connection with Mori and/or his dad. That vision he got after eating the fruit looks deep!

Speaking of the fruit, I wonder what exactly it did to him. Did it make him strong enough to blitz the commissioner or had he always been that powerful? And good thing he didn't share the fruits with his friends lol they might not have survived that!
Jul 20, 2020 5:11 PM
Mar 2019
Han Dae wi story is great. A character who has a relative who is sick and is fighting for more than himself. He's strong as well omg. Jin is also fire too. That trio with jin, Han and Yu is the best I've seen so far. The boxing is too fire. The animation is crazy good. The suspense is real.

Jul 20, 2020 5:16 PM
Jun 2020
I don't find myself entirely invested in the overarching plot with the suits pulling the strings behind the tournament.

Outside of the plotting, the animation is solid and I love the humourous scenes with a complaining chibi Mori
Jul 20, 2020 5:22 PM

Mar 2019
Just 2 things:

1. Really Good Episode...

2. But, i have my doubts on that final scene...

(Havent read the manga/webtoon, so this could be for better or worse)...

Time will say...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 20, 2020 5:34 PM
Dec 2018
VP2003boi said:
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

I agree with pacing, story, blandness, somewhat agree with directing, character designs, effect animation and SFX. Disagree with the animation (its hard to do better than this), higher frame rate (besides the initial part of the girls fight, which was honestly kinda janky, its perfectly fine, higher frame rate doesnt necessarily mean better animation) , a better studio (i dont even like mappa, but i really like park so), higher budget (that would be kinda useless, they have an incredible team and an awesame production schedule, more budget wouldnt make much difference).

higher budget is debatable, and the animation is rather subjective i guess. I highly prefer higher framerates in animation for more fluidity but that doesnt mean low frame animation is bad. (and like i stated in the initial comment, that is what *I* need).

But great that you agree with me on so many points. its rare seeing ppl having a similar opinion like this because most just follow the trend and dont see the flaws.
Jul 20, 2020 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
whys it going by so fast. i wanna read the manwha so i can understand but the art in the manwha looks terrible compared to the anime. :((
Jul 20, 2020 5:39 PM
Dec 2018
Takuto_Shindou said:
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

You literally gave DRAGON BALL SUPER a 7/10, calling you elitist would be the understatement of the year, you're a straight up hypocrite.
I don't think God is a masterpiece series but jesus christ everything you typed here was absolutely invalidated by yourself.

i got myself a fair amount of enjoyment out of DB super. And i rate my stuff fully based on personal enjoyment. Back then when i watched DB super, i didnt have the knowledge of good/bad animation. I couldnt differenciate. I couldnt notice the flaws. Hence i cherish the moments i have of it and gave it the score of how much enjoyed it.

Now 2-3 Years have passed. Now i notice flaws. Now those flaws impact my enjoyment.

Its pointless taking out Anime X rated from somebody because you never know when/during what circumstances/environment etc certain person has seen certain shows.

Maybe someone is suicidal and the power of friendshit taught by Natsu in Fairy Tail helps a certain person to escape their bad situation. He gives it a 10, recovers, educates himself on anime over time and then writes similar things as i do i.e. criticizing animation flaws etc.

hope you have a good day
Jul 20, 2020 5:47 PM

May 2020
It was really nice to see Mira and Hans fighting styles. It was also nice seeing fighting that wasn't completely one sided. I feel like when Jin fights we know he's gonna win.

The story started to develop in this episode. We learned about Jins grandfather and how about how Jin seems to be some kind of prodigy. It was also interesting seeing the commissioner fight with Jin and summon some sort of monster. It seems there's gonna be involvement with a religion or cult.

I'm very excited to see how the anime continues. The cruchyroll x webtoon animes have been pretty good so far. (This and Tower of God) I'll be expecting good things in the future.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.