Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 15, 2020 8:56 PM

May 2013
Alright, I am typing this out rezally slow so to prevent typos but I am very drunk and getting drunk is really fun. But I understand it isn't for everyones so tell me what do you think.

Is getting drunk a fun pastime or is it a waste and makes you dumber, please discuss below.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 15, 2020 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
I only drink like once or twice a year, I prefer liquor than any other alcoholic beverages, but I don't like the state of being drunk so I never drink too much.

My favorites are... Kraken rum, and some French vodka (forgot the name though). and I drink straight out of the bottle mixing is for pussies!
Jul 15, 2020 9:11 PM

Mar 2008
It's pretty stupid people that get blackout drunk or drink till sick. Drinking to get comfortably drunk is more understandable since it's a coping mechanism and social aid.
Jul 15, 2020 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
I can be pretty reckless when drunk, that’s why I avoid attending events involving liquor as much as possible. But I had a fair share of experience and I have to say it’s an effective way to get to know people more, specially yourself. ;) However depending on your tolerance and self-control it may get addicting.

Fortunately I’ve been an introvert as far as I remember. So after almost 3 years of partying, skipping work to get drunk, almost getting myself killed while drunk, and all the shit, I got tired. One day I was like, okay I’m done having “fun”, now I’m back to being a workaholic couch potato.
Jul 15, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2017
dumb

it gives me anxiety and makes me unwell
Jul 15, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2016
Uh, no. Just no.

Drinking a glass or two is one thing, getting full-on drunk is a completely different story. And not a good one.
Jul 15, 2020 10:01 PM

Mar 2019
_Nette_ said:
Alright, I am typing this out rezally slow so to prevent typos but I am very drunk and getting drunk is really fun. But I understand it isn't for everyones so tell me what do you think.

Is getting drunk a fun pastime or is it a waste and makes you dumber, please discuss below.

In my conversations with people on here, I've discovered that MAL is the biggest unofficial gathering of non-drinkers I've ever seen 😂. We are truly a minority on here.

That being said, I'd say my own drinking habits are remarkably moderate. I drink about 3-4 beers a week. I only get drunk occasionally, like once a month or so I will actually get drunk.

I think getting drunk every once in awhile is fun, its kind of a freeing feeling to me to be so wobbly and not be able to walk straight, having no anxiety. Alcohol also brings out a more goofy and funny side to my personality which I appreciate being able to indulge in every once in awhile cause most of the time I feel like I'm too serious and I wish I was a little less serious and could relax more.

That being said, I really don't understand people who get drunk all the time. If there's one thing that really makes me not wanna drink for awhile its a hangover. Hangovers are basically God telling you to slow the fuck down 😂
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2020 10:24 PM

Jul 2020
If your drinking, everyone's having a fun time, people are drunk including yourself. Nothing wrong with that. All fun and good. But there's a point of no return in the amount one drinks where if you pass that point, it doesn't matter how much water you drink. You're done lol. The amount you drink after that will determine whether you feel anywhere from not feeling good just need to sleep it off, to hungover the next morning, to blackout drunk.
Jul 15, 2020 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
I only drink till I feel a bit tingly. Usually it’s 2-3 glasses max.

Full-on drunk people disgust me, but not all types of them. There are people who fall asleep when they get drunk or become cheerful/energetic. I’m ok with that. But those who get aggressive or start blabbering nonsense are extremely annoying.
I’m less accepting when the person in question is a guy. Drunk men make me furious. Absolutely can’t stand them.
Jul 15, 2020 11:16 PM

Aug 2019
"Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9)
Jul 15, 2020 11:25 PM

May 2013
@BallistikJuice Funny you mention french vodka cause I drink that brand of swedish vodka, lol.

@traed I know that feel buuuuuut I also go overboard by accident alot, lol.

@RhineaPleiades I'm glad to hear you have toned down, someday I might tone down too, lol.

@Armakan I know that feel because I am starting to regret my most recent drinking venture.

@Ryuk9428 I know that feel because I don't think I could get drunk all the time because ugh, I feel awful now.

@mikerjw That's a shame because I am religious, but I admit not the best. Now I feel bad tbh.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 15, 2020 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
@_Nette_, Swedish vodka tastes good but it's more expensive and somehow doesn't make me drunk that much at all even if I drink the whole liter of it in one go, now Russian vodka knocks me to sleep in an instant, lol best stuff if you have insomnia.
Jul 15, 2020 11:44 PM

Mar 2019
_Nette_ said:
@BallistikJuice Funny you mention french vodka cause I drink that brand of swedish vodka, lol.

@RhineaPleiades I'm glad to hear you have toned down, someday I might tone down too, lol.

@Armakan I know that feel because I am starting to regret my most recent drinking venture.

@Ryuk9428 I know that feel because I don't think I could get drunk all the time because ugh, I feel awful now.

@mikerjw That's a shame because I am religious, but I admit not the best. Now I feel bad tbh.

Yikes, be sure to drink some water before you go to bed. It won't cure it but I find it makes things a little better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2020 11:55 PM

Dec 2015
I think getting drunk in a way that you have to throw up ... or lose some memories: That is something for kids. Everyone might try it at least once. (But when you have experienced it you might never want to drink that much again. :D)

As an adult people will reduice the amount this happens. And it will never happen by accident. Being an adult means you have control over your alcohol consumption. You don't acidentally drink too much - when it wasn't planned.

Personally I dry to avoid alchohol as much as possible. I don't like the tast for much stuff. (If ... then it at max is "okay" but I can get lots of other stuff to drink which tastes besser - which is without alchohol.)

It is fun to watch other drunk people and make fun of them though.

And I mean: I drink for taste and not for alchohol.
Jul 16, 2020 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
Lux_Lucis said:
Rarely.
Only outside.
Only with the right people.

When the stars align and the right people assemble the shit that takes place is simply glorious.
Cooking stuff (even snakes we caught on spot), on improvised mangals, making makeshift swings, singing disney songs (a mad chorus banging on random items nailing the beats surprisingly well) and doing push up / arm wrestling contests.
You get to crack the nastiest jokes that would get you alienated from any other company, wrestle in dirt and swim naked.

Damn, I already feel drunk just by looking at that picture, you took a shot before you passed out or something 😏
Jul 16, 2020 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
it used to be to only thing that would make me appear and feel normal among the normies, but my body cannot handle copious amounts of it know.
Jul 16, 2020 12:31 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Drinking alcohol in general is a terrible idea in my opinion.
Jul 16, 2020 12:38 AM

Sep 2017
I don't think I can be called a human if I get full drunk
خ
Jul 16, 2020 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:

ABV × drink size = measurement of alcohol in drink

Once you have that you can figure how much alcohol at minimum is needed and what is the point it turns bad. I find "standard drinks" as a guide not too useful because what is a standard drink differs by country and has no scientific basis. Generally speaking though a male liver handles alcohol better than a female liver but I am uncertain if that is because of chromosomes or because hormone levels so I don't know what would apply as a general guide with you but everyone is different and I did read some evidence of estrogen increasing liver inflamation from alcohol. There is ethnic differences too. For example East Asians can't handle alcohol well which is why they turn red when drinking easier. Also keep in mind empty stomach it effects you more. Also speed a drink is taken has effect too since it takes tine for the body to process alcohol so generally speaking a drink with a higher ABV will be consumed faster and hit harder than a drink with a lower ABV even if they ccontained the same amount of pure ethyl alcohol. You also need to be mindful of alcohol tolerance. If you drink frequently the amount it takes to feel effect is different from if you haven't drank in weeks.

For multiple drink types together remember the mnemonic:

"Beer before liquor will make you sicker; liquor before beer you're in the clear"

Though you probably shouldn't be having alcohol or at least not too much to begin with. It's NMDA receptor antagonist like saclassaas as ketamine and dextromethorphan so in theory it could worsen feelings of dysphoria and hallucinations while under it's influence. Plus it also can interact with your Ziprasidone was it? Can increase dizziness or difficulty thinking so try not to drink too much and too close to when you take your meds.
Jul 16, 2020 1:34 AM

May 2013
traed said:
_Nette_ said:

ABV × drink size = measurement of alcohol in drink

Once you have that you can figure how much alcohol at minimum is needed and what is the point it turns bad. I find "standard drinks" as a guide not too useful because what is a standard drink differs by country and has no scientific basis. Generally speaking though a male liver handles alcohol better than a female liver but I am uncertain if that is because of chromosomes or because hormone levels so I don't know what would apply as a general guide with you but everyone is different and I did read some evidence of estrogen increasing liver inflamation from alcohol. There is ethnic differences too. For example East Asians can't handle alcohol well which is why they turn red when drinking easier. Also keep in mind empty stomach it effects you more. Also speed a drink is taken has effect too since it takes tine for the body to process alcohol so generally speaking a drink with a higher ABV will be consumed faster and hit harder than a drink with a lower ABV even if they ccontained the same amount of pure ethyl alcohol. You also need to be mindful of alcohol tolerance. If you drink frequently the amount it takes to feel effect is different from if you haven't drank in weeks.

For multiple drink types together remember the mnemonic:

"Beer before liquor will make you sicker; liquor before beer you're in the clear"

Though you probably shouldn't be having alcohol or at least not too much to begin with. It's NMDA receptor antagonist like saclassaas as ketamine and dextromethorphan so in theory it could worsen feelings of dysphoria and hallucinations while under it's influence. Plus it also can interact with your Ziprasidone was it? Can increase dizziness or difficulty thinking so try not to drink too much and too close to when you take your meds.

That is a good metric to figure out alcohol for sure, lol almost sober.

Alcohol is weird, I spent 2 hours just verbally unloading horrible trauma and feel better buuuuuuuuuut I'm not taking my Ziprasidone tonight because of the alcohol, hence why I am not sleeping when I should be right now. Tomorrow is going to be rough for sure T,T

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 16, 2020 1:38 AM

Sep 2018
my opinion on getting drunk is that id rather be high
Jul 16, 2020 2:11 AM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:

Alcohol is weird, I spent 2 hours just verbally unloading horrible trauma and feel better buuuuuuuuuut I'm not taking my Ziprasidone tonight because of the alcohol, hence why I am not sleeping when I should be right now. Tomorrow is going to be rough for sure T,T

Alcohol doesn't stay in the body more than a couple hours so once you feel more sober it may be fine to take since you dont want pharma drug withdrawl on top of a hangover though I dont know how long Ziprasidone takes to turn to withdrawl because it has a half life of only like 7 hours. Ziprasidone doesnt hit GABA receptors so it wont too likely kill you if combined with alcohol (which it normally shouldn't) unless i assume maybe if you were to have the long QT side effect in which case the alcohol may worsen the long QT. I'm not a pharmacist though so take it with a gain of salt.
Jul 16, 2020 2:15 AM

May 2013
traed said:
_Nette_ said:

Alcohol doesn't stay in the body more than a couple hours so once you feel more sober it may be fine to take since you dont want pharma drug withdrawl on top of a hangover though I dont know how long Ziprasidone takes to turn to withdrawl because it has a half life of only like 7 hours. Ziprasidone doesnt hit GABA receptors so it wont too likely kill you if combined with alcohol (which it normally shouldn't) unless i assume maybe if you were to have the long QT side effect in which case the alcohol may worsen the long QT. I'm not a pharmacist though so take it with a gain of salt.

Haha, from what I know about the drug what you're saying is really sound. I'm probably good to take it now tbh. And I know withdrawals on the drug, it takes about a day for me to withdraw so I should take it tonight for sure.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 16, 2020 2:21 AM
May 2009
getting drunk can lower your inhibitions making it easier to talk to people you don't know or want to know.
Just don't over drink, its not worth it.
Best way to do this is to contain your spending to 3 drinks max.
Though this is an average. I recommend you go out with some friends you trust and test your limit so you know.
Jul 16, 2020 2:22 AM

Dec 2016
People that drink till they get sick are dumb and are just increasing more health risks
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Jul 16, 2020 2:29 AM

Jan 2017
I usually have a beer every few days but some times I completely go without, even two beers do absolutely nothing to me and the only time I've actually felt a bit tipsy was after having three shots of Jack Daniel's and even then that lasted only about an hour lmao

So yeah I think it comes down to the person and why they're drinking, if your life is on track, doing everything you need to do I don't think there's any problem getting hammered every now and then lmao

One thing with drinking though is that countries that allow drinking at 18 [such as Australia] is absolutely whack lmao I believe 21 is a good age.
Jul 16, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2017
I absolutely hate the feeling of vertigo. That alone limited the amount of times I've been drunk.

With that being said, I do drink on a regular basis as there are many alcoholic beverages I enjoy, but this is limited to one a day type deal. Occasionally I go out and drink socially, but it never extends beyond a 'buzz'.

I also in general don't have an issue with people drinking. Some of my friends can not hold their alcohol at all! But they also don't act like complete jackasses when they're drunk, don't drink to the point they're physically sick and it's not a regular thing. It's all in good fun *shrugs*.
Jul 16, 2020 6:46 AM

Oct 2016
Alcohol kills brain cells, so I don't get drunk. I stay hydrated while drinking.

妾はアステマ, 荒廃の天使
Jul 16, 2020 7:13 AM

Oct 2012
Getting full on drunk is awful, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
But I enjoy having a few beers once in a while, usually on the weekend, and it relaxes me and I find things funnier. Anything stronger I can't handle.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 16, 2020 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
Getting drunk feels good and is fun. But I'm long past that time where I want to get drunk every weekend, that was when I couldn't even get alcohol legally.

Now I drink 0-2 times a month, and I drink to get drunk, not a beer kind of person. Only 35%+ over here.

And on getting wasted... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, amirite?
KaasfondueJul 16, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 16, 2020 8:22 AM
May 2020
It's cool when I'm with friends and when I'm still alive enough to remember what I did. If it's not like that I think it's pretty weird and I prefer not to do it.
Jul 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
RINGOKOIBITO said:
Alcohol kills brain cells, so I don't get drunk. I stay hydrated while drinking.

No, it doesn't kill brain cells. That is just a simplified version. It instead damages dendrites that leads to weakened or even broken connections between neurons. Difference is cell death isn't recoverable but dendrites can be grown in so if drinking is stopped the damage to the brain reverses at least partially. Drinking also can make you vitamin deficient if frequent enough or give you fatty liver disease or cancer.
Jul 16, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2016
I rarely drink but when I do I usually wake up embarrassed about saying dumb shit also now I get horrid hangovers. When I was 19 or 20 I can drink more and have no issue and that was just 7 years ago.
Jul 16, 2020 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
I liked it when I was younger. But nowadays it gives me hangover. I only like sweet drinks like coconut rum with a mixer or a cocktail or baileys. I started smoking weed in 2018 once per week and let me tell you it is sooo much better! And no hangover in fact it does the opposite. It actually gives you a great nights sleep and you wake up feeling better than ever. Also depending on the strain it can make your libido shoot way up and let’s be honest that’s always a good time whether with someone or by yourself. It can give you enhanced focus on an activity or make you relaxed and just want to eat and chill and listen to some tunes or watch a movie. It also has some medicinal value. I would recommend it in small amounts. I wouldn’t encourage daily usage because then it won’t work as well. Another thing about weed is that it is not an addictive substance. Anyone who says it is addictive or that they were addicted is uneducated.

removed-userJul 16, 2020 10:48 AM
Jul 16, 2020 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
I used get drunk nearly everyday before I got job back.

No problem with it. Let's party!
Jul 16, 2020 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
I hate hangovers and feeling sick of too much alcohol, but I like to drink to the point where I still feel good / not that bad.
Jul 16, 2020 9:20 AM

Mar 2018
its all fun and games til u wake up the next morning cringing from the stuff u did drunk lmao ill still do it again tho
Jul 16, 2020 9:31 AM

Oct 2016
traed said:
RINGOKOIBITO said:

No, it doesn't kill brain cells. That is just a simplified version. It instead damages dendrites that leads to weakened or even broken connections between neurons. Difference is cell death isn't recoverable but dendrites can be grown in so if drinking is stopped the damage to the brain reverses at least partially. Drinking also can make you vitamin deficient if frequent enough or give you fatty liver disease or cancer.

How long does it take to rebuild the dendrites though? And if you drink to where you are loopy/falling over, or worse: pass out, isn't that different from regular drunk? Would cells not be permanently damaged then?

SadAkko said:
I liked it when I was younger. But nowadays it gives me hangover. I only like sweet drinks like coconut rum with a mixer or a cocktail or baileys. I started smoking weed in 2018 once per week and let me tell you it is sooo much better! And no hangover in fact it does the opposite. It actually gives you a great nights sleep and you wake up feeling better than ever. Also depending on the strain it can make your libido shoot way up and let’s be honest that’s always a good time whether with someone or by yourself. It can give you enhanced focus on an activity or make you relaxed and just want to eat and chill and listen to some tunes or watch a movie. It also has some medicinal value. I would recommend it in small amounts. I wouldn’t encourage daily usage because then it won’t work as well. Another thing about weed is that it is not an addictive substance. Anyone who says it is addictive or that they were addicted is uneducated.

I can't. It's still illegal in my area :(

妾はアステマ, 荒廃の天使
Jul 16, 2020 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
It's fun to do at appropriate times and places, but just don't make a habit of it.
Take care of yourself

Jul 16, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2013
Blegh, alright I am starting to agree with alot of you. I am hungover and regretting my actions for sure.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 16, 2020 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
RINGOKOIBITO said:
traed said:

How long does it take to rebuild the dendrites though? And if you drink to where you are loopy/falling over, or worse: pass out, isn't that different from regular drunk? Would cells not be permanently damaged then?

SadAkko said:

I can't. It's still illegal in my area :(

It's neurotoxic so the amount does matter. Time differs by individual but maybe months to years I would imagine. I'm sure there is other effects on the brain. For one thing you build up an alcohol tolerance so the amount it takes to feel anything increases but the damage is done the same so damage is increased as alcohol is increased to feel effects. .
Jul 16, 2020 10:08 AM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:
Blegh, alright I am starting to agree with alot of you. I am hungover and regretting my actions for sure.

Hangover is a mix of dehydration and sometimes vitamin deficiency. Just drink water (or prickly pear juice) and take a vitamin if you have any. If not something with B vitamins in them.
Jul 16, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2011
Deciding if its a waste or a fun pasttime would depend on your drinking habits, and how you were brought up around alcohol imo. I think it can be a bit of both, especially if you're trying to get drunk. Drunk where I'm from means the point of drinking where you are incoherent/unreasonable, and can't function as you would want or too sick (vomiting). Getting inebriated or a buzz is something else before that point, and can be fun to get to. I enjoy it with friends around and depending on what I'm doing, I can get a buzz alone.

It can definitely be a waste, which is why when drinking is overdone, its known as being wasted.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jul 16, 2020 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
People who get drunk are dumb. Many deaths are caused by alcohol each year and it should be banned tbh.

Jul 16, 2020 10:53 AM

Sep 2017
Never got drunk cause I don't drink alcoohol, so idk how I'd behave if, hypothetically, I got drunk
Jul 16, 2020 10:53 AM
May 2020
I dont drink that often, but when I do, I love to get really really drunk, to the point I dont remember almost everything the next day. But I never drink with people I dont know, just with people I trust.
Jul 16, 2020 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
_Nette_ said:

You should drink a shot or two of cold clear liquor in the morning, it should get you back on rails, lol.
Jul 16, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2013
@traed Yeah I have been rehydrating with water. Food also helped alot.

@BallistikJuice I don't think my stomach could handle that, the thought of alcohol makes me shiver. Gonna take another multi month break from it all.

@Amatniki I would say banning it would be going too far tbh.

@Luz99 Same, I either drink by myself or around people I trust because I too like the get very very drunk and I have been prone to do stupid stuff when drunk.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 16, 2020 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Btw I forgot to mention another great thing about weed vs alcohol 🍷

You can’t overdose on weed. It has never killed anyone. If you have too much you just sleep it off. Alcohol on the other hand is toxic to the body. It can cause you to vomit 🤮 it can kill you!
Jul 16, 2020 12:52 PM

May 2013
SadAkko said:
Btw I forgot to mention another great thing about weed vs alcohol 🍷

You can’t overdose on weed. It has never killed anyone. If you have too much you just sleep it off. Alcohol on the other hand is toxic to the body. It can cause you to vomit 🤮 it can kill you!

Weed is for sure better my god. Alcohol is something that has consequences for sure.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 minute ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

25 by Jozuwa-_- »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

48 by cyandaqil »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

46 by scarydragon »»
19 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.