Forum Settings
Forums

Anime characters you like that everyone else hates.

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 2, 2020 2:28 PM
Jun 2020
Believe it or not, Nina Einstein is one of my favorite girls in all anime.
Dec 2, 2020 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Blue from Pokemon. People hate him. But he is my most favourite anime character.
Dec 2, 2020 11:07 PM
Oct 2017
Gabi from Attack on Titan (Gabi did nothing wrong)
Rachel from Tower of God (Rachel might have done something wrong but I still like her because she feels most human out of all the characters)

Dec 2, 2020 11:11 PM
Oct 2017
_Pandasaurus_ said:
Shaiapouf from Hunter x Hunter
Most people really hate the butterfly boi but Pouf's one of the best anime villains i've ever seen.

Honestly he was the REAL villain of Chimera ant arc. And a damn good one.
Dec 2, 2020 11:12 PM
Oct 2017
lighenlt said:
REINER BRAUUUNNNNNN, people hate antagonist

Everyone's gonna love him after the final season.
Dec 2, 2020 11:16 PM

May 2020
Natsuki Subaru from Re:Zero, he seriously is too overhated.
Dec 3, 2020 12:27 AM

May 2016
maybe the 2 L wannabes from death note
Dec 3, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2020
Subaru from Re zero.
Pretty much everyone hates him because he is a simp but I get his reasons why he will reject Rem and choose Emilia because he first met her.If he hadn't met her at all then he wouldn't know where to go.I get it Rem also saved him countless times but people forget that she also has killed him many times.I get it why he would reject Rem and choose Emilia.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 3, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
TrajanCaesar said:
I like Danzo, he is a well-intentioned extremist, but he genuinely has the interests of the Hidden Leaf in mind. He's kind of the Elder Maxim of Naruto, another underrated character. I think he gets hate primarily because the Uchihas are all bishonen.

This... most unusual one I've seen. Genuinely unlikeable.

I like Asta and Zenitsu, as others have said.
Dec 3, 2020 12:54 AM

Jan 2017
I like Mami Nanami from KanoKari. No, im not trolling. I've read the manga around 1-2 years ago, I cant recall. Imo she has a unique personality and she's the only reason why the story become interesting. Idk why, I found her character to be really likeable. The moment she disappeared from the manga, I got quickly bored and I stopped reading it.
Dec 3, 2020 1:20 AM
Apr 2018
removed-user said:
Suzaku is hated? How come? I don't understand how people like Lelouch who is far more morally questionable, but dislike Suzaku.
Off the top of my head, I don't think I can name a single character that is widely hated that I like.
It's not about hating SUZAKU. Aren't Revolutionary characters usually more popular, who does whatever's possible to achieve their "[b]Precious[b]" goals & Precious ones?!
-----------------------------------
Rums said:
Mineta. I can understand why he gets a lotta hate one reason being; that he's a scaredy cat. but the other one; he being a total pervert. I'm sure if he was better looking, everyone woulda liked him no matter what tho
Hey, i like MINETA's character too. I have no problem with Perverts, in fact i encourage them for my good laughs (only in ANIME & MANGA ; not in Real Life) & many of my favorite characters are Perverts. :)
------------------------------------
iimaniix said:
Light from Death note since everyone looooves L so much.
Hey, LIGHT is my favorite character too. I find him similar to LELOUCH from CODE GEASS.
Both L & LIGHT are smart guys & i like both of them, but here LIGHT's the protagonist. I find both of them were good at heart, except "L" was not so obsessive as LIGHT, and was willing to die for others, right? (please mention me, if i'm wrong)
Anyway, I like Dedicated, Practical & Revolutionary characters, who are willing to do every possible thing (without intentionally hurting others for their benefit) to achieve their precious goals.
AwokenStroken said:
People seem to not like Luffy but I find him interesting
I like him, too. Most SHOUNEN PROTAGONISTS are usually shown to have CHILDISH traits (in many popular ANIMEs). Many like them & many not. A Coin has not one side, so Haters finds reasons to dislike anyway. You're kidding! Isn't LUFFY one of the highest rated character on MAL?!
froplena said:
Midoriya Izuku ;D I honestly think his weak moments make him more relatable and frankly likable? more personality loool. I can see why he'd cry at some moments and many people mistake crying as being useless or something like bro
DEKU isn't a powerless wimp. He saves everyone with a smile... "Top Heroes have this common story... Their bodies moved before they had a chance to think. -- ALL MIGHT"
Sakuta002766 said:
Goku
People hate him and tell that he doesn't have any character development(even though they doesn't understand character development) and then likes asta from black clover lol
Also, Midoriya and eren, issei
He's my favorite too. :)
Kindness aside, i like how GOKU isn't shown much worried (but cares) about the external stuff & is just having fun. He is Strong for his own good!
- EREN, GOKU, ISSEI & MIDORIYA are very likable & capable characters (personality wise too) ; they are not powerless wimps. GOKU & ISSEI are among my favorite characters!
-------------------------------------
Sakuta002766 said:
onceexisted said:
Mineta from MHA I see a lot of people don't like him but I find him to be an important part to the show and almost every time he apppears he makes me laugh.

Mha fandom only likes hot boy's so that they can make gay pair
Hahaha...!
-------------------------------------
Gilgameshuu said:
Zuclyn said:
Gilgameshuu said:

Oh yes, he's so underrated, everybody don't like him but he's pretty nice
That wouldn't happen, if not for the other two characters' fandoms (my opinion). He "might" otherwise be the most rated character in "ReZero".
Dec 3, 2020 1:37 AM

Mar 2020
Nami from One Piece, I think she is too overhated.
I'm not sad, I'm fucking hungry
Dec 15, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2017
Teraplan0409 said:
lighenlt said:
REINER BRAUUUNNNNNN, people hate antagonist

Everyone's gonna love him after the final season.

YEESSS that's what I already see and I'm happy.
Dec 15, 2020 12:45 PM

Sep 2020
I honestly think that Levi gets too much hate, I don't understand why everyone hates him.. I feel like I'm the only one who loves his character and that doesn't make any sense. He has beautiful purple balls on his head and a super cute hero outfit!! And he's super good at killing titans?? That's pretty much the perfect man. And NO ONE likes him.. for what? Like yeah he's short and annoying, but he's also really good at cleaning! Levi stans where u at
Dec 15, 2020 1:00 PM

Jul 2020
even though she is best quint, Miku Nakano. everyone likes her, but there are always haters out there.
Team rocket meowth.....accuatly more people probably like him. but then the gamers might say, "meowth sucks. his stats are sooooooo low" and bs like that.
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Dec 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Cima Garahau

If you know, you know. There's not very much art of her which makes me think she's not as well liked in the community.
Dec 15, 2020 1:25 PM

Aug 2020
Shiapouf and Pariston for some reason are loathed even amongst hardcore HxH fans
Dec 15, 2020 2:54 PM

May 2020
Every character in Evangelion, I love them all and want them to be happy
I said with a posed look
Dec 15, 2020 9:11 PM

Aug 2019
Orihime from Bleach, and yeah, this is gonna be a real cold take.

People expect her to be super useful when compared to Ichigo and the rest of the main cast, not realizing that she's a fucking high-schooler who got kidnapped by a thousand-year-old galactic brain mastermind. Like, what the fuck do you think she's gonna do in that situation? Be brave and fight to the bitter end? She's not a soldier for crying out loud.

I feel like comparing her to Sakura from Naruto is an insult, because Sakura trained to be a soldier, but still can't do shit. Yeah, Orihime can't do shit, but why would you expect her to be able to do shit in the first place?
Dec 20, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2017
-Kirito from SAO
-Subaru from Re Zero
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 20, 2020 10:49 PM

Feb 2019
Kazuya from rent a girl friend

This message must contain 30 characters
Dec 20, 2020 11:12 PM

Nov 2017
I love Yuno Gasai and it triggers many people xD but c'mon she carries Mirai Nikki and yandere stuff is pretty cool i think
Dec 21, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2020
Makoto Itou from School Days hahaha
Dec 21, 2020 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Retto, Kirara, Momoka, Maihime, and Sora from Dokyuu Hentai HxEros - So many people hated them, but hey it's not just fighting Kiseichuu you know at least they brought entertainment
Dec 21, 2020 5:52 PM

Aug 2017
misaka-9982 said:
Idk, Kamijou Touma? Well, I don't think everyone hates it but there seems to be a large number of people who dislike him. I don't think he's bad. I think he's even better in New Testament.

I like him too. Maybe people hate him due to the anime adaptation, idk.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 21, 2020 6:24 PM

Jul 2011
drunklee said:
I don't really know if they're that hated but most people don't seem to like them, I really don't see the problem with Natsu and Erza from Fairy Tail. Sure the anime sucks but they deliver the best fights and Natsu's theme ost is awesome, there's not much else else you can expect from Fairy Tail. Hate the anime, not it's best characters

I think there are far better characters that give the series few redeemable qualities but hey opinions.
Dec 21, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2016
Since I have little interaction with other anime fans in my daily affairs, I had little idea what characters people generally hated. After a few minutes of research, here are a few that popped up:

1) Godsuya & Miyuki Shiba, The Irregular at Magic High School - Everyone loves to bitch about Godsuya's OP abilities, but that is almost the entire point of the show. I also think the incestuous vibes given off by Miyuki make her a more interesting character.

2) Mary Hunt, My Next Life As A Villainess - This one caught me by surprise. Mary is one of the more lovable characters in the show, and her obsession with Katarina leads to a number of humorous moments in the show. Personally, I would have expected Katarina to be the most-hated in the show.

3) Frieza, Dragon Ball Z - Frieza was easily the best villain in the series, and the fight between him and Goku is one of the best ever aired on television. He may not be the deepest characters around, but he is a solid antagonist with a twisted personality.
_____

Here are some honorable mentions, or characters who get undeserved hatred:

a) Kirito, Sword Art Online - Kirito is way too inoffensive to hate. I think most of the people who bitch about him are just piling on to be trendy and/or follow the crowd.

b) Suzaku Kururugi, Code Geass - While a bit ham-fisted and a little too goody-goody he is still a decent character with understandable motivations who serves as a good opponent for Lelouch.

c) Mr. Satan, Dragon Ball Z - People need to stop nit-picking comic relief characters.
Dec 22, 2020 1:05 AM

Jan 2017
Adimus_prime said:
The squeal to my first positive unpopular opinions thread about anime you like that are hated by many. So with that being said who are some characters that you like that everyone else hates or gets a lot of hate rather.

My answer would be Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass. My reason for this because he is the perfect ideological rival for Lelouch. Lelouch believes that the ends justifies the means. Suzaku on the other hand for most of the series believes the exact opposite. Which makes their various conflicts throughout the series so much more impactful in my honest opinion.

I personally cannot like Suzuaku because of how dumb he is. How badly he treats his best friend, his reasons make 0 sense and will never work. He's braindead
you're cool
Dec 29, 2020 7:17 AM
Jul 2016
Nearly every "weak" and "crybaby" mc or character (Deku, Subaru, Mikumo, Lambo, Shigechi)
Seryu, Danzo, Excalibur, Pariston, Mineta
Dec 29, 2020 7:24 AM

Apr 2020
haruhi suzumiya, sengoku nadeko, the dad from fmab with glasses (forgot the name)
Dec 29, 2020 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Shuuichi Shindou from Gravitation.
Yeah, let's be real, both and anime and manga for the series kinda suck (go figure for BL from 1998.)
But in general, I can't see anyone give Shuuichi a break! Yeah sure, he's way annoying and almost broken in the manga, but I don't think people look anywhere past that; he's still a good natured guy with a deep passion for music - and *definitely* more mature than people make him out to be.
Dec 29, 2020 8:31 AM

Aug 2018
Chibiusa from the original Sailor Moon. I never found her annoying.
Dec 29, 2020 8:44 AM

Jun 2020
Kokoro from DITF. Everyone hated it when that happened & kept screaming NTR. Jesus. She & Mitsuru were literally the Adam & Eve of their world, their episodes were even titled like the garden where it all began. And them incels & crazy virgins just missing the entire point lol

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Dec 29, 2020 9:22 AM

Oct 2020
Sakura from Naruto. I feel that the show won't be the same without her though I get why people think she's useless.
Dec 29, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2020
Anee18 said:

Nami is hated???? Wait why though ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2020 9:32 AM
Oct 2018
Haruhi suzuymiya i enjoyed her precense in the shows and what it results in, that made the show more interesting imo. Rachel is a more compeling character than bam
Dec 29, 2020 9:38 AM

Mar 2018
GABI BRAUN from AOT...My favourite sniper loli and one of my favourite characters.

Kyouko from 3-Gatsu no Lion

Mika Shimotsuki from Psycho-Pass

Oberstein from LOTGH (more like...other characters are hating him..the fans, more or less)

...and as a BONUS ...I was initially neutral...but I liked and I do like Shirou Emiya's character because of the HF movies...he had sex with a girl and than he tried to kill her. Take that stupid ideals!! Welcome tragic hero!!
Dec 29, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone hates Sengoku from the Monogatari Series. I understand that as a person she is horrible, but from a character standpoint she is incredibly well-written.
Jan 31, 2021 6:59 AM

Mar 2020
Kenzolo-folk said:
Anee18 said:

some people thinks she's annoying. idk. personally, I love her. wbu?
I'm not sad, I'm fucking hungry
Jan 31, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2020
Anee18 said:
Kenzolo-folk said:

some people thinks she's annoying. idk. personally, I love her. wbu?

I adore her, i think shes really badass :CCC had no idea people hated her. there are WAY more annoying characters
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2019
No one, because I want to blend in with the circlejerk on who to hate so yeah I have no personality :D
Jan 31, 2021 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Shinji Ikari. I'm pretty sure if most people were in his situation they would be rather mentally unstable as well
Jan 31, 2021 12:27 PM
Nov 2020
Jonathan joestar from jojo. Yk he might of been boring to alot of people but he sure was a fine gentleman and I really felt sorry for him with the whole dio situation. His whole life was ruined. I love his theme as well.
Jan 31, 2021 12:43 PM

Sep 2020
Koogmaster said:
Shinji Ikari. I'm pretty sure if most people were in his situation they would be rather mentally unstable as well

Yeah, I've never understood why some people complain that Shinji is reluctant and weak, when his inner conflict is clearly central to the series. That's what's interesting about it, and he's probably my favourite character from Evangelion. I've seen the occasional complaint about how mercurial and nasty Asuka is too, and similarly, I think such complaints miss the point.
Jan 31, 2021 12:50 PM

Sep 2020
asta
ichika
Roberto
usopp (I think)
I forgot the rest
Jan 31, 2021 12:53 PM
May 2020
Fuu Kasumi from Samurai Champloo though I'm not quite sure if she's hated by everyone but I've seen a plenty amount of people who dislike/hate her, I even liked her more than Mugen and Jin because yes.
Jan 31, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 2019
Mami from kanokari
She's an interesting character and hella cute
Jan 31, 2021 1:07 PM

Apr 2020
MooneBoy24 said:
Seryu Ubiquitous from Akame ga Kill

Oh shit yes, I really hated that bitch, seriously. She was fucked-up.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

25 by maya2003s »»
2 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

62 by Piromysl »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

30 by Piromysl »»
3 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

32 by alshu »»
4 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

19 by alshu »»
12 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.