Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2010
Jul 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
This show is so edgy / Chuuni, usually I wouldn't have even bothered watching one episode but for some reason I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Jul 12, 2020 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Not sure if this series will ever evolve beyond being purely Gary Stu feel-good, but for now at least it's kinda still fresh so we'll see what happens. This Gary Stu at least totally owns up to it and gives no fucks.
Jul 12, 2020 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
How the hell did we go from tsundere girl who hates the MC and has issues with her sister to simp girl and family problems instantly solved that quick?

Kiss was sudden no one expected that and holy shit do we have an OP MC that isn’t indecisive and one that fully accepts the fact they’re OP?
I would love to see an OVA dedicated to the parents only.
Jul 12, 2020 7:40 PM

Nov 2018
haha building go brrrrrrr
stonks for the kiss, but still kinda unnecessary. i think it's kinda too rushed for a kiss on the second episode. i like how the mc is op but not that kind of op like some other generic ops.
hi
Jul 12, 2020 7:42 PM

Aug 2018
Well, looks like he didn't only tame the Witch of Destruction but rallied her to his cause. For a Demon Lord, Anos is surely very kind and heartful, as the flash back pictured him.

I don't know what to expect from the next episode, considering it's going to reveal some things about Sasha.
Jul 12, 2020 8:46 PM

Feb 2019
she did a full 360 with the way she acted all in one episode
Jul 12, 2020 9:30 PM
Jul 2019
Poderia ser esse o início de um relacionamento entre Arnos é Sasha??
Mais eu gostei da irmã dela a Tsundere.
Bem esse EP não mostrou muito desenvolvimento a história, foi apenas para mostrar o quão forte e Arnos em relação a Sasha.
Jul 12, 2020 11:05 PM
Dec 2013
"One Week Later"
Oh okay.
Jul 12, 2020 11:14 PM
Dec 2013
This has to be a gag anime right?
Jul 13, 2020 12:25 AM
Jul 2011
He looks like Tatsuya.
Jul 13, 2020 2:20 AM
Mar 2016
MegamiRem said:
Ngl that kiss was totally unnecassary and kinda put me off. Also please Misha x Anos become canon and not Sasha x Anos.

Yep, I'm going to second this.

Only thing I can think of is that Sasha already asked Misha if she liked Anos and she said yes, so maybe Sasha is trying to get in there to screw over Misha's feelings.
Jul 13, 2020 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
Omfg
This episode was fire!
The kiss scene rly surprised me and i went like a crazy 14y girlXD
Jul 13, 2020 6:27 AM

May 2018
This show gets more romance done in 2 episode than hentai
Jul 13, 2020 6:32 AM

Dec 2018
Harem route....starto.
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Jul 13, 2020 8:27 AM

Jun 2019
Anos having a kiss as a one month old kid. FBI.
Jul 13, 2020 8:47 AM

Mar 2017
Wooow, can't get into the castle because of a magic barrier? Just pick that shit up and yeet it across a field hahaha

I'm glad more of the previous incarnation of Anos' story is being told piece by piece (it seems) because I felt it was pretty rushed last week but if the story is slowly being revealed, then it's all good. One thing that was rushed; Sasha seemed to despise Misha at the start then suddenly she's fine with her? not very believable.
Jul 13, 2020 9:18 AM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:
Lol RIP Sasha, Anos absolutely destroyed her. Their boosted spell was cancelled and outpowered by a low level spell from Anos.

Ngl that kiss was totally unnecassary and kinda put me off. Also please Misha x Anos become canon and not Sasha x Anos.

Jul 13, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, Sasha goes from hating MC to smoochy smoochy in the span of one episode. Nice.
Jul 13, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2016
I dont know why I like this so much.
Jul 13, 2020 12:39 PM

Feb 2007
Greatest newborn ever. :D
Jul 13, 2020 12:58 PM

Dec 2015
This show takes "Instant Classic" to a whole new level. It's basically a montage of all the classic tropes and cliches...
Jul 13, 2020 2:45 PM
Oct 2017
Well, I saw what i was expecting, and I hope it gets better. Light novel / web novel & manga are great, but it's cool to see it all animated.
Not a big fan of romance so that one scene was a "meh"
Opening and ending song are amazing.

The "castle ball" sounds like a formal event with dancing but it's actually a basket ball...?
Jul 13, 2020 10:29 PM
Aug 2015
I knew from skimming the manga what this show is all about, but the director really went 'no one is gonna take this seriously, especially with the budget we have, so let's just crank up the humour and absurdity to 11' and I love that. Pacing in this episode wasn't as great as the first episode, but I cackled like an idiot at the castle spinning scene, and honestly, isn't that what truly matters?
Jul 14, 2020 3:27 AM
Dec 2019
For those of you who hate that kiss scene just have to wait for the next episodes, i didnt like the pacing though it felt rushed
Jul 14, 2020 3:44 AM

Jan 2020
It was a quite generic episode, just like the first one.

The reason why Anos remained inactive for 2000 years was revealed, and more of Anos' overpowered action was also shown. Honestly, I actually kind of like Anos for how overpowered he is. It's pretty entertaining to watch him defeat everyone like it's a toddler's job.

But as I said at first, the episode was generic. I had a few problems with it.

First of all, the characters still haven't received any interesting traits or character development. They are still very bland. And for some reason, Misha and her sister Tisha have developed romantic feelings towards Anos within only 2 episodes. It felt way too unnatural and fast paced.

I'm guessing that more girls are going to be added to Anos' harem. If it does happen, I definitely won't be surprised. I'm hoping it won't happen, though.

From what I've seen in the first 2 episodes, it's an average show. But I'm kind of liking it, mostly because of how ridiculously overpowered Anos is. Although I'm not a fan of overpowered protagonists, seeing Anos annihilate everyone is kind of fun.
IrrelevantGuyJul 14, 2020 4:27 AM
Jul 14, 2020 4:23 AM

Jan 2020
SurvivedEndless8 said:
This isnt good but I'm still enjoying it in a trashy sorta way.

I can definitely relate. It's a very average show, but I still kind of like it.
Jul 14, 2020 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
What a romantic episode, and only in the second episode, like this, no forced kissing. He's on the right track (and I can smell the love triangle...)

Jul 14, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
This is kinda exactly what I wanted! It's not anything phenomenal but heck is it enjoyable.

My only complaint so far is the pacing which seems lightning quick and the fact that Sasha completely changed her personality within 5 minutes
Jul 14, 2020 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
The MC should had hired a professional scribe to pass down his lineage instead of telephone-game word-by-month, LUL

Sasha only falls in love with MC cause he called her eyes beautiful.

This is because no one else have seen her eyes before as it's known as the "eyes of destruction" so everyone avoid looking at Sasha's eyes or even compliment on it.

So when someone compliment for the first time on it, it triggers a immense jolt of happiness and shock, which then converts to feelings of love.

___ ___ ___

Also, MC's parents are actually extremely good parents, they're so happy-going and kindhearted, it's the best parents to be with. (which is interesting, cause the Demon Lord is born as their child, LUL)

amlgJul 14, 2020 2:57 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 14, 2020 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
Objectively, it's so-so at most, but at the same time it's just super fun to watch. And that's likely the single most important measure there is, so... yeah: great episode, liked it a lot, and just hope for more of the same.

Jul 14, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2019
From an arrogant royalty who probably has belittled her sister her entire life to being defeated and suddenly learning her lesson, being nice and all and even making up with her sister and then a kiss for some reason (and after confirming her sister's feelings for the dude)...

I feel like they squeezed a 2-3 cour worth of story into one single episode and it resulted in this kind of a mess.

I enjoy it regardless, but damn she's a bitch. Character development shouldn't happen in an instant like that.

MC's loving family was the best thing about this episode.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jul 14, 2020 5:48 PM
Aug 2015
Filled with mixed emotions about this anime still
The kiss threw me for a loop but I will be back for more. I enjoy how Anos seems to be respectful and kind at the times that matter I really like his character.
Jul 14, 2020 9:52 PM
Jun 2013
Complaining because the demon lord is op in a anime literally about how op is the demon lord, this place never stop surprising you with the genius arguments kkkk
Jul 14, 2020 10:11 PM
Jul 2019
This is a pretty enjoyable series so far. It felt like 5 minutes. I love me some OP protag shitting on everyone. It feels similar to Mahouka, even the name is similar. Anyway, looking forward to the next episode. I'm gonna ignore everything and just see how much fun I can have with this.
Jul 15, 2020 6:05 AM

Feb 2018
Kind of a weak episode. I mean, I wasn't really expecting anything of this anime in the first place. The problem is how greatly rushed it is. One moment Sasha asks her sister if she likes Anos then few seconds later she kisses him. They didn't even share any chemistry for that to happen this fast, even if this was her way of "thanking" him. Hope it slows down a bit in future episodes.
Jul 15, 2020 9:31 AM

Apr 2020
At first, I was still puzzled that the screenwriter didn't explain the setting, so it was added at the beginning of this episode. The demon lord was tired of his life, so he decided to sacrifice himself and release the great magic together with the brave, and finally reincarnated to 2000 years later.

Compared with the manga, many contents have been deleted. For example, Sasha and Misha were reconciled with each other without reasons. But there's no way. After all, it's a 12-episode anime, and time is limited.

Additionally, Sasha's eyes are so beautiful, but what's the purpose of what she said in the end? I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Jul 15, 2020 10:57 AM
Nov 2018
it's weird there's a girl falling in love so fast with MC after being humiliated at school lol
Jul 15, 2020 2:12 PM
Nov 2019
Ellenwitch said:
Imagine wanting a family, and then all of a suddenly, the demon lord comes to be your child lol.
And the parents are so chill about it as well
What can I say, I'm just that stupid.
Jul 15, 2020 2:26 PM
Aug 2016
Feels like another Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, but I'm not complainin' :p
Jul 15, 2020 6:31 PM

Dec 2016
This studio really knows how to polish a turd and make trashy, braindead fan-service entertaining. Not surprising since they are also behind Strike the Blood and Rakidai Kishi no Cavalry.
Jul 15, 2020 9:58 PM
Jan 2016
So....um....is Sasha the reincarnation of the hero from the scene in the beginning? If feel like that last line Sasha said before the episode ended kind of hinted to that, and it took me for a run when it clicked....like.....why else would they have that scene in the beginning and mention the hero meeting Anos when he reincarnated....I need to know cuz if I'm right, that's wild XF
Jul 15, 2020 10:44 PM

Jul 2016
SurvivedEndless8 said:
This isnt good but I'm still enjoying it in a trashy sorta way.

I am in the same boat.

I thin it is simply due to the fact he is kicking everybodys ass and gives zero fucks right now.
Jul 16, 2020 6:22 AM
May 2015
Sasha actually felt really happy when anos try to make her joining his team because it can help her reunited with misha without her showing her real feeling. There is a reason why sasha seems to rush her feelings toward anos by kissing him suddenly. But i dont wanna spoil it to you guys that only watching the anime. And i hope the anime will explain or rather adapt it thoroughly so that the anime watchers dont feel lost.
Jul 16, 2020 6:45 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Extremely good show so far if you enjoy cool, overpowered MCs. I'm happy I gave this show a chance, since it's cover looks pretty meh.
I fell for her demonic tsundere eyes. Like Anos said, they are beautiful.
I was riding a stationary bike in a gym while watching and it made me feel a little uncomfortable when they suddenly kissed lmao. Didn't see that coming.
Oh, and his parents are awesome. :D

Might be my favorite of the season so far, which is kinda surprising in such a stacked season..
MeriuJul 16, 2020 6:50 AM
Jul 16, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
I think it's becoming my 89th favorite anime...
Jul 16, 2020 11:00 AM

May 2018
With Sasha getting owned , Anos now officially has a harem.
Jul 16, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
When Anos surprised his parents as a speaking baby, lol. Also when he brought home two girls, that was too funny.

Lelouch0202 said:
I can't really explain why but I'm really liking this and I'm pretty sure I've in the past had mediocre experiences with similarly styled shows with OP protagonists. Not sure what it is I like about, of course there's the cute girls but I'm really liking Anos and the way he's portrayed. Maybe it's the fact that he's an OP protagonist with an actual objective in mine unlike many of his peers who tend be thrown into more 'reactive' scenarios, Anos is actually trying to do something which is perhaps very refreshing for a show like this.

Expected Sasha to get destroyed by Anos but damn I did not expect Sasha to become so accepting of him so fast, especially as she was trying really hard to provoke him before that. I guess Anos really knows his one liners. XD
Definitely did not expect that kiss at the end. Sasha is cute too, but I think I like Misha more than her for now. Who's next?

What makes this more appealing to me is that this show knows what it's doing and the portrayal of Anos isn't so try hard, he actually comes off as genuinely confident. It gives the anime an entirely different vibe.

If this show was intentionally parody, I would call it Bakarina from the world of Magic Schools, lol. The author uses all these clichés so absurdly with a completely serious face that it is simply ridiculous to watch it.
Jul 16, 2020 2:24 PM

Nov 2016
RobertBobert said:
FMmatron said:
When Anos surprised his parents as a speaking baby, lol. Also when he brought home two girls, that was too funny.

What makes this more appealing to me is that this show knows what it's doing and the portrayal of Anos isn't so try hard, he actually comes off as genuinely confident. It gives the anime an entirely different vibe.

If this show was intentionally parody, I would call it Bakarina from the world of Magic Schools, lol. The author uses all these clichés so absurdly with a completely serious face that it is simply ridiculous to watch it.

Yeah, it's just funny and you don't get tha feeling that Anos is supposed to come off as cool. Almost as enjoyable as Mahou-sama Retry!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 16, 2020 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't call this show good, but I am ironically enjoying it for its weird badness.

I'm also not convinced this show isn't a parody. You can't have your MC pick up a castle, throw it hundreds of feet and ask if he went too easy without being self-aware of how ridiculous that scene was. Unless those characters from the beginning of the episode show up to rise against Anos I don't see how you can have tension in this show.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

278 by Frank_Striker »»
Feb 22, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.