Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2020 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha, so:
we got Japanese nationalists
lots of crazy, degenerate people.
Fuji erupts.
Random shenanigans.

And now we don't know if everyone's dead, except for the siblings.

Jul 10, 2020 12:29 AM

May 2016
The show is so comically bad I don’t even know if I want to continue.

Literally hate watching it now.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 10, 2020 3:54 AM

Oct 2017
Damn disaster wherever they go. Those fucking japanese degenerates died and also sunk this boat along with them. Now we don't even know if they are all okay. Also that last scene was sorta creepy.
Jul 10, 2020 7:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The fuck Ayumu? She drank there when decided to got off the ship but only to get separated again in the next sequences. I don't get it at all with this messy episode. Atleast Ayumu and her shitty engrish brother saved, once again, because of the huge barrier they had. Yeah, Japan sunk and left some roof top of some huge building. How long till they finally lost the hope and death? Interesting goal i had after watching this hectic show
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 11, 2020 12:46 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
lol I do like how it includes Japanese nationalists, reminds me when you actually see the proper nationalists roam around Tokyo every now and again.

Episode was a bit meh though, it really is decreasing in value, and its getting more grim and grim. Really wondering how this is going to end.
Jul 11, 2020 5:15 AM

Jul 2015
You would think it would be better to stay together and not go seperated ways.
Also the ship didn't look that full (don't know about max capacity though) couldn't they have fitted more people on it?. Not sure what to think of the Japanses idiots but pretty funny to see their ship sinking.

Jul 11, 2020 5:24 AM

Dec 2016
It was fun to see Ono Kensho speaking English, “such an asshole!”
XD
Jul 12, 2020 4:46 AM

Nov 2012
The quality of animation dropped to a new low in this episode. Gone are the stylish Yuasa designs...
Jul 12, 2020 1:09 PM
Nov 2018
was mad that ayumu decided not to stay on the boat, but she could have been lucky leaving after this episode since japan sunk. nice addition of the nationalists and just people devolving due to crisis. what a visceral feeling
Jul 13, 2020 7:48 AM

May 2015
lol this show is so random.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 2020 5:22 AM
Apr 2019
I see what they were trying to go for here; kinda like an American blockbuster, similar in vain to '2012' but they jump around waaaay too much. If this were a movie or even if they just skipped the whole cult subplot altogether it would make some cohesive sense but other than that it's legit a train wreck. Praying the last 3 episodes can try to pull this muddled mess out of the sunken depths were this show came
Jul 15, 2020 1:34 PM

Mar 2009
At least it's back to normal now.
Jul 19, 2020 5:03 AM

Jun 2013
I wanted to smack Go when he said "Game over" in English. Dude, you are all about to die. Shut the fuck up!

The nationalists was a nice touch. I have a feeling if gramps were alive he wouldn't join them though. He senses through bullshit. I've met a few nationalists before. However, if Japanese people took a a DNA test, they'll find not very many of them are one hundred percent pure Japanese. Everyone is mixed some way or another.

However, why did their ship explode? What it because of that King Kong sized sound system? LOL

臭い-
Jul 20, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
Too bad the old man is dead. He would be delighted to see a floating platform of common xenophobes, lol.
Jul 22, 2020 8:42 AM

Feb 2019
This is more of what we needed this show to be, not that stupid cult arc.

However it would be cool if there was more military, so that people wouldn't instantly turn on each other. So cliche.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 22, 2020 10:57 AM
Mar 2016
The very first shot of the mom made me laugh. Her design is so awful.

Goodbye, mom. Let me grope your butt one last time before another commemorative photo, as one normally does. If my daughter got off that boat, I would smack the crap out of her. But no, Onodera might be wrong, guys! I know My. Fuji's smoking more and more by the minute, but it hasn't erupted yet! That means the guy who's never wrong could be wrong this time.

Drive! Misses the opening and crashes immediately. Pretty large piece of shrapnel there.

Apparently his phone is not only a planetary level but also an X-ray. That's pretty useful. Not sure how it went through his ribs and didn't puncture anything. I mean it literally skewered his chest, but whatever. Oh hey, it's another vanishing tsunami. At this point, I feel confident I could outwalk one in real life. I'm sure I wouldn't have any problems.

Let's take this opportunity to try to get on the giant raft Onodera hates. They're loudly screaming for an ethnostate, but I'm sure my mixed family can get on. How did the mom even get on the raft before the son? But never fear because a better
backup boat has magically appeared. Better because it's an ACTUAL boat, which means some level of shelter and seaworthiness. Woops, I guess it's junk too.

And now no one gets the big life raft because one jerk can't wait 5 seconds. Hey, we're on top of a skyscraper! That thing we said would happen for the entire length of the show aside from the last 10 minutes happened, guys! Woahhhhhh!

Why didn't they just shoot the line-runners? How you gonna get a nation of 100s of millions of people to agree to a 3000 boat lottery in the first place? What happened to the fourth boat? Did the fourth port implode like this show's budget? Maybe these people could explain it to me in English.
Aug 2, 2020 7:30 PM
Aug 2020
this show is going so downhill idek whats happening anymore. thought the dude with the 'better ship' was cool though, just wish he actually had a better ship. for some reason i don't want to drop it; im just holding hope for the next episodes to redeem it. can't really say i dislike it though, bc it still interests me.
Aug 4, 2020 5:50 PM

Sep 2017
Man this show is so wild it's actually kinda funny. Shit is just so crazy lmao. Japanese nationalist float explodes immediately after refusing our squad. So classic.

Also can we talk about how Ayumu ran away from the ship due to a random heart problem her mother had which we as the audience knew absolutely nothing about. For a second I was kinda interested thinking wow are they actually gonna have her escape and maybe tell the remaining story from different perspectives, but nah.
Aug 4, 2020 5:53 PM

Sep 2017
Darkdaxter said:
Why didn't they just shoot the line-runners? How you gonna get a nation of 100s of millions of people to agree to a 3000 boat lottery in the first place? What happened to the fourth boat? Did the fourth port implode like this show's budget? Maybe these people could explain it to me in English.

Well to be fair, Japans current population is about 126 million and earlier they said 100m ppl have died... but ya I mean the show is still a wild mess.
Aug 15, 2020 6:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP Japan lol and yeah they had to put racism things when it's absolutely not the subject... not surprising from Netflix
Aug 17, 2020 1:51 PM
Jun 2017
Wow this is one of the few times I can't help but comment on how absurdly bad something is. Just to list a few things:
-Main chick gets safed for plot and finds out about her mothers surgery in the most illogical way ever. ''Ooh surgery is a word I know ... maybe that means my mom has a heart disease.'''.
-Nationlist don't notice Kaito is a foreigner, I mean how even!!
-Random Japanese fisher has gun but doesn't do anything for the plot.
-Japan appears to have sunk in a few fucking minutes.

Mix that with the animation that has gotten so bad you can't even call it janky anymore (and it isn't the style either, devilman crybaby had great animation), a plot that goes nowhere, the most unrealistic and unrelatable characters ever and an annoying EPIC gamer English wannabe brat and the show becomes pretty much unbearable.

Literally the only thing that isn't afwul is the soundtrack, I think the music is pretty good overall. I am only finishing this show because it is just 10 episodes and I had dropping shit. (also I just wanna watch the trash taste podcast where they talk about it ;) )
Aug 26, 2020 7:08 PM

Aug 2016
Lol at the racists who left people to die. Bye bye. That was the worst english i’ve heard in anime. The cringe hits hard.
Sep 6, 2020 3:27 AM
Oct 2019
It's nice they put some racist people in this, because it might actually happen...
Oct 31, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2011
Japan really sank huh
Feb 4, 2021 10:33 PM

Jul 2016
Well, talk about divine punishment. Guess Japanese nationalists is something Yuasa despises with all his might?

As usual, another atrocious episode but hey, Kaito's outburst towards the nationalists while being awfully drawn was fucking hilarious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 6 Discussion

FMmatron - Jul 9, 2020

46 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 30, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 30, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

70 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 29, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

58 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 29, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 9 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 9, 2020

31 by DontBodyYaSelf »»
Sep 30, 2023 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.