Forum Settings
Forums

'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Manga Gets TV Anime

New
Jul 1, 2020 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
An official Twitter account opened on Wednesday announcing that a TV anime adaptation for Shiromanta's romantic comedy manga Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi (My Senpai is Annoying) has been green-lit. Doga Kobo is the producing the anime.

Synopsis
Igarashi Futuba's new job would be great if her senpai, Takeda Harumi, wasn't so incredibly annoying! Futuba hates his laugh, she hates how big he is, and she really hates that he treats her like a little kid. Just because Futuba is short and looks young doesn't make her a kid, and just because she spends so much time with Takeda doesn't mean she sees him as anything but an annoying senpai...or does she?! (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Initially published as a web manga on Shiromanta's official Twitter account, the manga began its serialization digitally in July 2018 on Pixiv Comic. Ichijinsha will release the fifth volume on Thursday.

Seven Seas Entertainment is publishing the manga in full-color with the first volume released digitally on May 26. The first print copy will ship on July 7.

Official Twitter: @uzai_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi on MAL
VindstotJul 1, 2020 1:47 PM
Jul 1, 2020 4:09 AM

May 2019
Oh hell yea, I love this manga. This is fantastic news to wake up to.
Also, I can't wait to see Futaba's childhood friend animated. Her design is fantastic.
DrHizzleJul 1, 2020 4:13 AM
Jul 1, 2020 4:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Doga Koba and this are going to go a long way, I'm sure.

Can't wait!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 1, 2020 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
Senpai is so fat and ugly though... I'm gonna pass on this one
Jul 1, 2020 5:03 AM
Aug 2018
romance between a adult and a loli?????ok im in
Jul 1, 2020 5:11 AM
Mar 2020
I loved this manga, hope they do this anime well.
Jul 1, 2020 5:42 AM

May 2019
ysphyr said:

In what world is the senpai either fat OR ugly?
Dude is built, not fat, and no matter how I look at it I can't figure out how he's ugly.
Jul 1, 2020 5:46 AM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed this manga for a while, but the slow release schedule and scattered focus saw me get bored of it after around 50 or so chapters. However, I may pick it up again now and try and get properly into it, as Doga Kobo always do justice to their comedy anime.
Jul 1, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2016
Yes! This seems pretty promising.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2020 6:05 AM

Sep 2018
This art style screams doga kobo.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jul 1, 2020 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
DrHizzle said:
ysphyr said:

Dude is built, not fat, and no matter how I look at it I can't figure out how he's ugly.

His thighs and arms are bulky, his waist is too wide. His hair look nasty and he has a face of an ogre - and facial hair. Yuck!
But that's my opinion, you can disagree, of course.
Jul 1, 2020 6:35 AM

May 2019
ysphyr said:
DrHizzle said:

His thighs and arms are bulky, his waist is too wide. His hair look nasty and he has a face of an ogre - and facial hair. Yuck!
But that's my opinion, you can disagree, of course.

Ah I see, you're the type of person who can only find thin prettyboys with chins sharp enough to bar them from air travel attractive. How sad.
That aside, calling musculature fat is just dumb.
Jul 1, 2020 6:51 AM

Nov 2014
Doga Kobo strikes again!
Seriously though, I have high expectations now.
Jul 1, 2020 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
Can't wait.
But can't unsee this:

Jul 1, 2020 7:19 AM
May 2015
*sigh* Why does the girl have to look like a damn 12 year old? Guess this will be a hard pass. Such a shame since Doga Kobo is animating this one.

Jul 1, 2020 7:23 AM

May 2019
jc9622 said:
*sigh* Why does the girl have to look like a damn 12 year old? Guess this will be a hard pass. Such a shame since Doga Kobo is animating this one.

Yea, I love the manga, but I do have to agree that aspect is pretty weird. I wish mangakas would learn how to draw short characters that still actually look their age.
Jul 1, 2020 7:29 AM
Apr 2019
Doga Kobo is losing his potential in this manga, instead of make a yuri :c

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jul 1, 2020 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
This is finally getting an anime.
Jul 1, 2020 8:27 AM

Sep 2017
wholesome manga, though i prefer the side ship lol
Jul 1, 2020 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
A good studio like Dogakobo, picking up a good manga? Looking good. This will be fun.
:3
Jul 1, 2020 9:34 AM
Feb 2019
Interesting. I was interested in this manga, though I only put it on my PTR list and left it there, those ongoing series are sometimes a bother to keep up with. Doga Kobo doing this definitely increased my interest.
Jul 1, 2020 10:18 AM

Nov 2019
DrHizzle said:
Ah I see, you're the type of person who can only find thin prettyboys with chins sharp enough to bar them from air travel attractive. How sad.

You find his physical features attractive, @ysphyr doesn't. Sounds like a simple matter of differing (sexual) tastes. This seems like a non-issue..
Jul 1, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2015
jc9622 said:

Literally complaining about nothing lol.

Jul 1, 2020 10:27 AM
May 2016
When "Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui" anime was announced I was wondering if "Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi" will get announced too. Now both are getting anime.

LOL

Jul 1, 2020 10:28 AM

May 2015
this_shit_again said:
DrHizzle said:

You find his physical features attractive, @ysphyr doesn't. Sounds like a simple matter of differing (sexual) tastes. This seems like a non-issue..

They're allowed to have their preferences, but calling him fat is just objectively wrong.

Jul 1, 2020 10:49 AM

Nov 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
but calling him fat is just objectively wrong.

Can it be 'objectively wrong' if it still falls under one of the many adjective definitions of the word?
Jul 1, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 2017
this_shit_again said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Can it be 'objectively wrong' if it still falls under one of the many adjective definitions of the word?

Yes because he isn't fat at all.

Jul 1, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2015
this_shit_again said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

He's not fat by any definition of the word. He's just tall and muscular.

Jul 1, 2020 11:43 AM

Nov 2019
I'll just assume you're both making your determinations based on pictures of him being dressed.

Heimur said:

Not according to the dictionary, so your comment can only be seen as an opinion, not as a matter of fact.

TsukuyomiREKT said:
this_shit_again said:

Did you check the definitions? I'd say his body type falls under this one.

large in bulk or circumference.

"a fat cigarette"

He is bulky after all.
Jul 1, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2019
this_shit_again said:
DrHizzle said:

I just think it's stupid to define someone as ugly simply because they don't adhere to your extremely specific tastes. It's just plain and simply closed minded and childish.
Jul 1, 2020 12:25 PM

May 2019
this_shit_again said:
I'll just assume you're both making your determinations based on pictures of him being dressed.

Heimur said:

Not according to the dictionary, so your comment can only be seen as an opinion, not as a matter of fact.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

Did you check the definitions? I'd say his body type falls under this one.

large in bulk or circumference.

"a fat cigarette"

He is bulky after all.

Except when talking about a person or animal being being fat, they are talking about actual fat cells. You know, the stuff that gets stored or burned? To describe a bodybuilder as fat would just be dumb.
Jul 1, 2020 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
oh yea more web manga adaptations

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jul 1, 2020 2:38 PM

Nov 2019
DrHizzle said:
this_shit_again said:

I just think it's stupid to define someone as ugly simply because they don't adhere to your extremely specific tastes. It's just plain and simply closed minded and childish.

Do you object to the tone of the poster, or that the poster sees the character as unattractive? Because everyone has preferences when it comes to sexual attraction. I would actually agree with you if the character had a marginalised body type. But that's not the case here, so..

DrHizzle said:
Except when talking about a person or animal being being fat, they are talking about actual fat cells. You know, the stuff that gets stored or burned? To describe a bodybuilder as fat would just be dumb.

The definition I provided has no context label indicating specific usage, meaning you can apply it to pretty much anything. And if the bodybuilder is bulky, then yes, the definition would fit as well. It's not a question of fat cells. It's a question of physical form.
Jul 1, 2020 2:44 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Never heard of it, but looks really wholesome, and Doga Kobo is on board so that's a plus from me!

@this_shit_again I think this person means muscle fat. My brother in law who was part of the army (veteran currently) who had that exact figure was told he was overweight. I'm not sure if that's a matter of military only, or a general thing of being slightly overweight.
ChartTopper60Jul 1, 2020 2:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2020 2:46 PM
Jan 2016
the series is pretty slow moving but it's fun and cute i always took the whole loli thing as a joke on how shorter Asian girls age though
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jul 1, 2020 4:07 PM

May 2019
this_shit_again said:
DrHizzle said:

Do you object to the tone of the poster, or that the poster sees the character as unattractive? Because everyone has preferences when it comes to sexual attraction. I would actually agree with you if the character had a marginalised body type. But that's not the case here, so..

DrHizzle said:

The definition I provided has no context label indicating specific usage, meaning you can apply it to pretty much anything. And if the bodybuilder is bulky, then yes, the definition would fit as well. It's not a question of fat cells. It's a question of physical form.

Mostly the tone. Also, people can tell when someone is conventionally attractive or at least average even if that person isn't their type. I believe the original person just applied their biases and labeled this character as ugly when by conventional standards he's at least average. (This is putting aside my general disdain for labeling anyone as 'ugly', which I think is a bad mindset to have).

And yea, the definition technically can be applied, but no one would ever normally call someone fat when they're actually muscular. Big, large, thick (or thicc, if you would), etc would fit, but referring to someone as "fat" conjures a very specific image that this character doesn't fit into.
Jul 1, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2015
look at those people body shaming male figure.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 1, 2020 6:38 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I follow the artist on pixiv! Super stoked for this. This manga is very cute.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jul 1, 2020 6:39 PM

Jul 2019
I never heard of this manga before but the anime sounds promising and fun already
Jul 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Aug 2016
DrHizzle said:
this_shit_again said:

this_shit_again said:

DrHizzle said:

You are extending the term fat so far that (as you said) every person that we dont find sexually attracrive can be called fat, yes just like i can call fat a skinny person or a bulky person, even tho it could be wrong in such cases. There is nothing wrong not knowing bone structure, muscular system etc and how those relate with genetic makeup, as well not knowing what makes a bodybuilder a bodybuilder and just making silly comments. It would be a very simplistic sentence and in some cases very offending, but you can do it. The big point is that people then can make fun of those silly comments, thats the real "non-issue".
anemonespotteJul 1, 2020 11:18 PM
Jul 2, 2020 6:38 AM

Nov 2019
DrHizzle said:
Mostly the tone. Also, people can tell when someone is conventionally attractive or at least average even if that person isn't their type. I believe the original person just applied their biases and labeled this character as ugly when by conventional standards he's at least average. (This is putting aside my general disdain for labeling anyone as 'ugly', which I think is a bad mindset to have).

Yes, people can tell, and the poster did just that. It's a subjective experience after all. As for tone, I'd say it cuts both ways. For example, you just accused the poster of being biased because they don't share the same ideal of male beauty as you.

Again, I would agree with you if the character had a marginalised body type. But you believe he is average looking by 'conventional standards'. In which case, does he really need 'defending'? Especially when we've had an instance of real body type prejudice over at the Anime Discussion section just yesterday.

DrHizzle said:
And yea, the definition technically can be applied, but no one would ever normally call someone fat when they're actually muscular. Big, large, thick (or thicc, if you would), etc would fit, but referring to someone as "fat" conjures a very specific image that this character doesn't fit into.

I did, and the poster you argued with did too. That's two in this topic alone. So I don't think 'no one' applies here. When you talk about image conjuring, you're basically talking about your imagination. How you visualise it in your head. That's your subjective experience. It's your opinion, not objective fact.
Jul 2, 2020 10:20 AM

Sep 2016
Double wholesome anime adaptation announcement in a single day...what a day.

Also lmao at people arguing about non issues.
He's a hunk. She's petite. That's all ya need to know.
bruh
Jul 7, 2020 10:46 AM

Dec 2015
lets FUCKING gOOOOOOOOOOO0O0O

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
35 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
46 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.