Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 10, 2020 3:19 AM

Nov 2010
jinruihokan said:
R_TF said:
Can anyone summarise the ending, please? dropped the manga a long time ago, but a bit curious.

Natsuo has just released a book to critical acclaim so a reporter decides to find some salacious gossip on him; namely, the part where he had a relationship with his step-sister and then teacher. So Hina finds out about this and pwns the reporter by getting him into trouble with his employer. The reporter drunk crashes his car into Hina out of anger, leaving her in a coma. Natsuo and Rui feel guilty over this and mutually call off the wedding they had planned, in spite of the fact that Rui is pregnant with Natsuo's child.

Fast forward five years: Rui, Natsuo, and their daughter Haruka are all looking after the comatose Hina (who looks perfectly fine, even though she should be withered and riddled with bed sores, but whatever). Natsuo then decides he wishes to marry Hina, even though she's comatose. By deus ex machina pawaa of rabu, she wakes up after the curious Haruka randomly decides to place Natsuo's old ring on Hina's finger. Natsuo and Hina marry and basically leave Rui a single mother with Haruka.

This all happens in the space of 5 chapters, to give you an idea of how underdeveloped and rushed it was.

Really well summarized.

This series was an absolute trainwreck - started out nicely but just got ruined by Sasuga Kei's usual tropes.
Jun 10, 2020 8:35 AM

Dec 2019
if this is the ending, its a solid 1/10 who ever rated this garbo more than 1 has no taste, and its not about who won.
                                                         🖤   

Jun 10, 2020 9:04 AM

Jul 2010
Clubby said:

I smell a salty rui shipper.

And I smell the cheapest troll bait. Huh. Never seen this phrase before... like you never written it to anyone else?

Dude just stop it... you are just like a robot with no real arguments, and everything I wanted to say to people like you I've already said in previous chapters.
Go and read it, non-salty Hina stan. And stop defending this manga like you yourself written it. This is so cringe. Just because your girl won, it doesn't make it a good story. But I guess it somehow does in your mind)

I guess there are 400+ salty Rui shippers, who rated chapter 275 1/5. Hillarious. I always thought it was 50/50, guess one of us is dead wrong, and this is not me.
Jun 10, 2020 9:12 AM

Mar 2019
TheMangaManiac said:
Clubby said:

I smell a salty rui shipper.

And I smell the cheapest troll bait. Huh. Never seen this phrase before... like you never written it to anyone else?

Dude just stop it... you are just like a robot with no real arguments, and everything I wanted to say to people like you I've already said in previous chapters.
Go and read it, non-salty Hina stan. And stop defending this manga like you yourself written it. This is so cringe. Just because your girl won, it doesn't make it a good story. But I guess it somehow does in your mind)

I guess there are 400+ salty Rui shippers, who rated chapter 275 1/5. Hillarious. I always thought it was 50/50, guess one of us is dead wrong, and this is not me.

I'm a robot with no real arguments? Maybe that's due to the fact that these salty Rui stans are a hassle to deal with and that they don't deserve the usage of my braincells.
I'm not defending it because my girl "won" (is it really a win at this point?), i'm defending it because i genuinely love the story and it's my favorite manga series.
Jun 10, 2020 9:33 AM

Sep 2017
kei sasuga is the actual GOAT

sasuga kei sasuga, really sasuga

she even made her twitter acc full of compliments from the fans, mad props to her

what a dogshit ending
Jun 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
Short_Circut said:
ss4chris said:

I can confirm from sub discord that Miyabi won the poll and so she gets a .5 along with Kei explaining her choices behind the ending/ parts of the manga / etc along with any other fan service including a hentai book.. lol

oh so i was right the first time then lol

Miyabi gets an extra chapter??? Oh hell yes. I mean I can't blame Sasuga for doing that. She came to the wedding looking like a fucking goddess and became the best girl in this manga.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 10, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2020
Well, this ending is really sucked, but I don't feel that this last chapters disturbed my experience with the manga (like Prison School). For me, this manga was 10/10 until Natsuo rejetcs Serizawa and Rui rejects Kajita. After this, were only bad/medium chapters

I rated 9/10 initially, maybe I change this overall futurely

And no, I don't base my opinions on hateful youtubers

Jun 10, 2020 10:20 AM

Jan 2020
The last 30 chapters or so have been horrible in my opinion. The ending just didn't make any sense to me. After all what Natsuo and Rui have gone through together, why did the author decide to end it this way?

I know that Hina has also gone through a lot and that's why you wanted to give her a good ending. But I have a question, then why didn't you do that earlier? Why did you need to stretch this to 270+ chapters? I just don't get it.

(Note~ I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that some readers are giving death threats to the author, which I absolutely DO NOT support. Just because you disliked the ending, it doesn't mean you have the right to threat the author. It's their work, they can do whatever they want with it. I've disliked the ending myself, but I absolutely am against this sort of behavior.)
Jun 10, 2020 2:20 PM
May 2020
I can't help but think the ending got the Game of Thrones treatment, where they rushed everything along and didn't sweat the small stuff and didn't really flesh out a lot of the story. I wish they took more time, made the story a little more impact at the end and possibly gave a little more resolution. Like what's gonna happen to Rui? Is she gonna start bangin Chef Boi? We'll never know! It's little unanswered questions, and what seems like a rushed and forced final plot (and don't get me started on the Ex Machina that is Hina's coma, that brought this all on) that makes this feel so dissatisfying. Though I suspect I would never be happy with anything ending if I'm emotionally invested in it, but this just seems extra depressing.
Jun 10, 2020 2:25 PM
Nov 2018
I was right they couldn't clear up Hina's guilt in a satisfactory manner within 1 chapter. They just give us a timeskip and 1 short convo and expect us to buy it.
The shift from RUi to Hina was way to last minute and rushed to be in any way believable
Raptors0verlord said:
but I rather a badly Written final chapter where Hina end up with Natsuo then a well written one where he end up with Rui

That is really petty. A good ending is a good ending.
Jun 10, 2020 4:17 PM

Jul 2016
SuperKamiNappa said:
I was right they couldn't clear up Hina's guilt in a satisfactory manner within 1 chapter. They just give us a timeskip and 1 short convo and expect us to buy it.
The shift from RUi to Hina was way to last minute and rushed to be in any way believable
Raptors0verlord said:
but I rather a badly Written final chapter where Hina end up with Natsuo then a well written one where he end up with Rui

That is really petty. A good ending is a good ending.

I don't think the ending would be better if he ended with Rui , It well be bad for a number of reasons :

1-tease as with Hina on the first vol cover only to make him end up with Rui

2-making the MC goes for yet another generic and over done choice for million of times for another girl close to his age as if that wasn't done million of times over and counting and has been done better

3-give us Older females/Younger males fans the middle Finger after waiting for ever for anything good, only to end up with this kind of ending that isn't good but its the only one we got which is really more sad seeing how even the LGBT is given a better treatment by both the west and Japan then we well ever have.

So ya, don't take this from us when its not even good, Why can't we get a decent manga that has the same theme without being shifted to the side lines ?
Jun 10, 2020 7:00 PM
Jun 2020
It's so sad... ngl after reading the ending my chest is just hurting. How did this manga go downhill like that... How things were executed is just trash and full of nonsense.

What does "... And I saw the rings", "I realized that I could never 'beat' you", "I couldn't do the things you did" even mean. Can someone point out her reasoning behind calling off the marriage.

Hina and Rui already agreed on an "open competition" back in America. No backing off, no hard feelings, Rui "won" it, she got pregnant, Natsuo and Rui had mutual feelings yada yada yada... So what's the fricking reason... What a garbage writing.
Jun 11, 2020 9:30 AM
Nov 2019
I’m confused, Natsuo does Rui first and then in the second part of chapter 276, suddenly he is married to Hina? What is going on? Is this a made up scenario or did Natsuo actually end up with Hina? I am so confused
Jun 11, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
Kaizoku_oo_1503 said:
I’m confused, Natsuo does Rui first and then in the second part of chapter 276, suddenly he is married to Hina? What is going on? Is this a made up scenario or did Natsuo actually end up with Hina? I am so confused

The author is trolling you. Because she hates her readers.
Jun 11, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2017
Vellutia said:
It's so sad... ngl after reading the ending my chest is just hurting. How did this manga go downhill like that... How things were executed is just trash and full of nonsense.

What does "... And I saw the rings", "I realized that I could never 'beat' you", "I couldn't do the things you did" even mean. Can someone point out her reasoning behind calling off the marriage.

Hina and Rui already agreed on an "open competition" back in America. No backing off, no hard feelings, Rui "won" it, she got pregnant, Natsuo and Rui had mutual feelings yada yada yada... So what's the fricking reason... What a garbage writing.

yea that's what I was thinking lol. She knew well enough that Hina had big feelings for Nat. based on their conversation in America so idk why it was supposedly hard to connect the dots like that. And like you had said she already "won" because Nat. initially still wanted to go through with the marriage before Rui called it off :P It's why this last arc is so bad because it just throws away most of the major buildup for naught

Kaizoku_oo_1503 said:

the first special is NatxRui back in America (the sex where Rui got pregnant) and the 2nd special is after the events of 276
Jun 11, 2020 1:25 PM
Nov 2019
Short_Circut said:
Vellutia said:

yea that's what I was thinking lol. She knew well enough that Hina had big feelings for Nat. based on their conversation in America so idk why it was supposedly hard to connect the dots like that. And like you had said she already "won" because Nat. initially still wanted to go through with the marriage before Rui called it off :P It's why this last arc is so bad because it just throws away most of the major buildup for naught

Kaizoku_oo_1503 said:

the first special is NatxRui back in America (the sex where Rui got pregnant) and the 2nd special is after the events of 276

I see, thank you! That makes sense now lol coz I couldn't find the original chapter
Kaizoku_oo_1503Jun 11, 2020 1:31 PM
Jun 11, 2020 6:23 PM
Jun 2020
THE WORST ENDING EVER OF ALL MANGAS.
SASUGA-SENSEI OVERCOMED HERSELF AND SHOW US A SICK AND MISSGUIDED SENSE OF LOVE.
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THOSE LAST 5 CHAPTERS.
5 YEARS RUINED IN 5 CHAPTERS
Jun 11, 2020 8:04 PM

Nov 2018
All I can say is thank god I don't have to ever read this shitstorm ever again. The quality fell faster than the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jun 12, 2020 3:24 PM
Sep 2015
Ruibros, I feel ya'll. Sasuga really did you guys dirty. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to be you guys right now. I mean no one saw a Hina ending coming 10 chapters back and here we are so I'm sure it must be very shocking and disappointing. I, however, am feeling the exact opposite emotion you guys are feeling right now.
Jun 12, 2020 5:17 PM

Jun 2017
what the actual f..
Went from good to bad to worst manga ... i seriously cant understand it at all
Jun 12, 2020 8:30 PM
Jun 2020
swn said:
Ruibros, I feel ya'll. Sasuga really did you guys dirty. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to be you guys right now. I mean no one saw a Hina ending coming 10 chapters back and here we are so I'm sure it must be very shocking and disappointing. I, however, am feeling the exact opposite emotion you guys are feeling right now.

I'd be disappointed either way. He's only with Hina now because Rui turned him down with based on an inferiority complex. So Hina is treated like a consolation prize, and the way it was written came off like Natsuo was talking himself into it.

I've seen a few Hina fans that don't like how she wound up the one either. Happy their girl "won" but at the same time, not happy with how it got there.
Jun 14, 2020 4:45 AM
Apr 2019
I already consider this as harem ending. Since polygamy is a crime in Japan.
Hina married Natsuo was fine for me. Rui and Haruka still lives together with them.
In chapter 276.2, I saw many comment that said Rui moved out. Isn’t she go away just for a week? Why is people mad about it??

As long as the author will not going to show that Rui will end up with Kajita. It’s still pseudo harem in my mind.

Oh, if you want to make it more dramatic, then just make Hina can’t have a child.
But hey, at least she is married the one she love. Are you still going to be mad about it then?
Jun 14, 2020 8:24 AM
Jun 2013
JR9253 said:
It's finally over. The last few chapters have been pretty terrible. I was a Hina fan from the get-go (though wouldn't have minded either winning after a while) and even I think this ending is such a poor display of character writing and execution. Almost as if she had no idea what she was doing.

Only silver lining is that the psycho, obsessed Rui fans (you know the ones, on twitter etc that you hear of from time to time - not Rui fans in general but the ones who take it way too far) get to taste the sweet taste of defeat. I'm sure many of them are beside themselves lmao.

Defeat lol
Yep, I had a heavy argument with Rui fans in the chapter 133 discussion. Rui fans must be angry.

Anyway, I predict this thread may get locked because of excessive trolling. Let’s avoid that scenario to angry fans please. The author seems to visit this website
Jun 15, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2008
Started as a spicy dumpster fire and ended as a dumpster fire without a hint of seasoning to be found. Shame. Where did it start going off the rails? Perhaps the drug addicted stripper or whatever she was?
Jun 16, 2020 1:51 AM
Sep 2018
I am just thinking how I spent two years of my life watching this cheap work. I’m a fan of Rui, but I don’t mind Hina to be ending with MC not in that way. I just thinking why the author spent his life in this work doing Natuso x Rui the whole manga about them and in the end last few chapter change the plot to make Natuso x Hina. I’m shocked and just saying WTF i was watching. We all know from the start that Natuso and Rui suitable to each other, So why you made them about 200 chapter dating, make her pregnant and almost married, but you changed your mind in last 5 chapter to force Hina with Natuso! I didn’t feel disappointed in my life in manga like this situation now ! This the worse manga i had ever read and i hope the author stop doing any work in future
4/10.
Sorry for my bad english.
Jun 16, 2020 3:24 PM
May 2020
Is 276 the last chapter? Is this the end?
Jun 18, 2020 3:33 AM
Sep 2018
Superbowl said:
Is 276 the last chapter? Is this the end?

Unfortunately, yes
Jun 18, 2020 1:10 PM
Dec 2017
I wanted Hina to have a happy or satisfying ending but not like this; that was probably one of the worst endings I've read from a manga so far.

Even giving the ending a 0/10 feels way too generous.
Jun 19, 2020 2:45 AM

Jul 2016
The last 10 chapters of this dumpsterfire of a manga:

And TeamHina rises up from the depths like the Flying Dutchman and blasts TeamRui to kingdom come with a vengeance thus finally ending this terrible war.
Like, holy shit the author either didn't even try or tried her hardest to fuck everyone up. And, to be frank, I don't know which is worst. Or best. I dunno man this manga was a journey man. A fucking journey.
raisin-kunJun 19, 2020 3:06 AM
Jun 21, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2018
Short_Circut said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Nat was the true writer of this shitty manga all along

Welp alas the long awaited journey is finally over. Have to say at least props they actually made Hina go through some lengthy recovery rather than just some insta marriage acceptance or whatever bs. Future miyabi looks so different though lmao. Big ups for momo (best character this series) and daniella for their kids as well lul. Also, what a shitty kiss scene to wrap this all up smh

I think the funniest part of this finale is all the people a few chapters ago who were like “ThIs is WhY I HAte fIRst girL alWAYs WinS” or saying how it was painfully obvious Rui was gonna win since the beginning. That, or the hina fans that were shitting on the series just a few chapters prior only to start praising like no tomorrow top kek. I guess for however shitty it was these ep discussions were at least entertaining :P It's a shame not many romance series' get the same sort of traction :/

as for the series......welll idk anymore. Not really sure what the message sasuga tried to prove with this last arc/Hina ending for the whole series. Don’t move on from your “true” love? Get a couple of stalkers to inadvertently help obtain your love? A Chef boi a day keeps the blue haired sister away? At least with a Rui end pre last arc it would’ve been clear (that is, being upfront with your feelings vs bottling them in)

but anywho

Overall while this was a nice final chapter though, the rest of this arc was pure trash. I mean, the previous wasn’t better per se, but at least wasn’t a massive dunk on like this one though lol. Final score I’d have given 7-8/10 cause it was a good read at the end of the day, but this last arc I can’t see it anymore than 5-6/10 tbh. Though I guess it’s kinda harsh given how this isn’t really the worst series I’ve read

Now just gotta wait for the good ol’Miyabi sex scene special coming with Vol 28 lolol. Sasuga is also apparently gonna explain the rationale behind this last arc so curious to hear that.....sasuga sasuga I guess? edit2: Sasuga herself apparently is saying
I've been getting the impression that for a lot of people, the feelings and the attitudes of the characters were not fully conveyed
so now I'm even more interested in hearing what she has to say lmao

Oh well, moving on to the next dumpster fire in Musume no Tomodachi hehehehehe

edit: I like how the score has gone down from 7.71 before this arc started to 7.57 7.54 7.48 now and still dropping lol ggwp

Mod Edit: Please keep the discussion in a civil and decent manner.

me edit: some of y'all seriously need to chill lol

Wait there is actually going to be Miyabi Special Chapter? When is it coming out? Also do you have any other dumpster fire series with a older female/younger male like DnS?
Jun 21, 2020 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
Dragevard said:
Short_Circut said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Nat was the true writer of this shitty manga all along

Welp alas the long awaited journey is finally over. Have to say at least props they actually made Hina go through some lengthy recovery rather than just some insta marriage acceptance or whatever bs. Future miyabi looks so different though lmao. Big ups for momo (best character this series) and daniella for their kids as well lul. Also, what a shitty kiss scene to wrap this all up smh

I think the funniest part of this finale is all the people a few chapters ago who were like “ThIs is WhY I HAte fIRst girL alWAYs WinS” or saying how it was painfully obvious Rui was gonna win since the beginning. That, or the hina fans that were shitting on the series just a few chapters prior only to start praising like no tomorrow top kek. I guess for however shitty it was these ep discussions were at least entertaining :P It's a shame not many romance series' get the same sort of traction :/

as for the series......welll idk anymore. Not really sure what the message sasuga tried to prove with this last arc/Hina ending for the whole series. Don’t move on from your “true” love? Get a couple of stalkers to inadvertently help obtain your love? A Chef boi a day keeps the blue haired sister away? At least with a Rui end pre last arc it would’ve been clear (that is, being upfront with your feelings vs bottling them in)

but anywho

Overall while this was a nice final chapter though, the rest of this arc was pure trash. I mean, the previous wasn’t better per se, but at least wasn’t a massive dunk on like this one though lol. Final score I’d have given 7-8/10 cause it was a good read at the end of the day, but this last arc I can’t see it anymore than 5-6/10 tbh. Though I guess it’s kinda harsh given how this isn’t really the worst series I’ve read

Now just gotta wait for the good ol’Miyabi sex scene special coming with Vol 28 lolol. Sasuga is also apparently gonna explain the rationale behind this last arc so curious to hear that.....sasuga sasuga I guess? edit2: Sasuga herself apparently is saying
so now I'm even more interested in hearing what she has to say lmao

Oh well, moving on to the next dumpster fire in Musume no Tomodachi hehehehehe

edit: I like how the score has gone down from 7.71 before this arc started to 7.57 7.54 7.48 now and still dropping lol ggwp

Mod Edit: Please keep the discussion in a civil and decent manner.

me edit: some of y'all seriously need to chill lol

Wait there is actually going to be Miyabi Special Chapter? When is it coming out? Also do you have any other dumpster fire series with a older female/younger male like DnS?

It's set to come out with vol.28, so should be around august

As for other dumpster fires, I couldn't really say cause I try to avoid that shit like the plague. The one I recommended (Musume no Tomodachi) is definitely one albeit it's more of middle aged salaryman x high school girl romance. I actually quite like it though

older girl x younger guy maybe Rakujitsu no Pathos. Anything by Tsuyatsuya really can be considered a dumpster fire (especially like, Hadaka no Kusuriyubi or Shiori's Diary)
Jun 21, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Every adult in this manga is selfish af. No one worries about Haruka. Like, really? LOL
Poor the kid
Jun 23, 2020 2:33 AM
Feb 2020
i legit LMAO at ppl who really following this series seriously past the climax when hina and natsuo break up then hina move on,because literally that is the climax,it should be like this:
hina natsuo break up>>hina moving>>then natsuo have to choose to 1.move on from hina and choose rui or not at all,2.chase hina and tell her that he still love her and waiting for his graduation(i mean he is 3rd/2nd year highschool anyway duh)
sound cheesy/generic romance? well its FAR BETTER THAN GETTING DRAGGED because the manga is popular.

ill be honest from start im rooting for hina,and 100% sure that this is about natsuo and hina with ther taboo relationship with rui extra "3rd wheel",but its dragged that make ppl think that rui is the "main heroine",its really cliche with ending choose hina in the end but u guys seem don realize it from start.

my final thought this is really bad,should end after hina moving from the school as climax,even tho i hate the end but i get it why sasuga still make him choose hina,because thats what this story about to begin with.
Jun 24, 2020 4:09 AM

Oct 2019
LOLZ cliche to the end, naming Natsuo's book as the title of the manga. TBH I still cringe the ending of this good manga... if it wasn't for that time-skip it could've gone differently, hell, if the accident never happend... EVEN MORE SO!
Jun 25, 2020 10:16 PM
Oct 2019
My real issue with the ending is the fact that so much was put into Rui and Nat's growth together, only to have it completly thrown out the window at the last minute. I was all for Hina until like 2/3rds of the story was focused on Rui and the NOPE! THAT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING! If Hina was gonna be the end goal, why the hell was so much time focused on Rui's relationship AND WHY THE HELL GIVE HER A KID?! If Rui and Natsuo hadn't gotten back together and the story had lead to Hina, I would have been happy to accept that (well not happy to, but it wouldn't have felt like such a cop-out)
Jun 25, 2020 10:41 PM

Nov 2012
TheRogueGrunt said:
My real issue with the ending is the fact that so much was put into Rui and Nat's growth together, only to have it completly thrown out the window at the last minute.

All reasonable people have the same complaints. Well, unless their goal was just to see their girl won (no matter how it's was done) and those who voted for Rui lose.

Jun 25, 2020 11:47 PM
Oct 2019
Akagi-kun said:
TheRogueGrunt said:
My real issue with the ending is the fact that so much was put into Rui and Nat's growth together, only to have it completly thrown out the window at the last minute.

All reasonable people have the same complaints. Well, unless their goal was just to see their girl won (no matter how it's was done) and those who voted for Rui lose.

I feel like even people who voted for Hina lost as well with how fucking rushed it was
Jun 27, 2020 10:10 PM
Dec 2018
The ending of This manga is as bad if not worse than the ending of game of thrones. 🙄We deserve Better. it's not what happened. it's how it happened. Thanks, For slapping the reader in the face telling them to get out shows over

I love when rui is pregnant, and they tell about their parents, and they didn't approved first, later they going hotel and take permission to marry each other, but in the last chapter they didn't take even, permission🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

We all know Rui and hina's mother is single mother before she married Natsuo's father, and she known how hard being single mother is, than she is ok if her beloved daughter being single mother like her ??, And what kind of mother give her second daughter that BASTARD who all ready distroyed your first daughter's life and happiness ??

And about haruka,just one question to author why she create this character, just separate two lovers ??, first accident when rui is pregnant after that ring incident, she is love hina more than rui, always happy no matter what happened,

At last .5 chapter when rui and haruka leave the house that bastard (Natsuo) didn't give a shit about both rui and haruka,author is just like throw away past 150+ chapters development and rui's character in the window, last 2-3 chapters,

Ending is meh,, well I am happy I am not only one who didn't like the ending, ME even School Days ending is better than this shiT. Last 6-7 chapter Ruined whole manga.
Mr_Senpai_01Jun 27, 2020 10:16 PM
Jun 28, 2020 12:55 AM
Jun 2020
I'm pretty sure that Rui wins based on the hints. This part is actually the MC getting into a car accident and trying to wake up from a nightmare.

In this nightmare, for some reason Rui doesn't love him. And further, for some reason HE LOVES HINA!? No way bros.

It ain't possible, wtf THERE IS NO WAY. NO WAY IN HELLLLLLLLLL.

RUi will def pull through boys. You heard it from me first, my uncle's uncle works at Bethesda
Jun 28, 2020 5:43 PM
Oct 2019
Akagi-kun said:
TheRogueGrunt said:

At this point, I'm just hoping that Sasuga-sensei learns from this that this is NOT how you end a story and has a better ending in her next work. I enjoyed so much until the end and I'll probably read what she writes next and just hope the ending won't be a dumpster fire again.
Jun 30, 2020 10:48 AM
Jul 2019
Even though I'm kind of okay with this ending, it felt so, so fucking rushed honestly, wtf. Even though I was very into ending it quickly and moving on. It felt really wierd how Hina came and accepted to this reality so quickly. I feel Sasuga was clearly in pressure to end it after giving 100+ filler chapters after the beginning of NatsuoXRui arc and ratings/sales were going low (as they should have after milking characters to infinity), But I respect Mangakka for not taking it the easy route and making it Harem. It was fun to see some characters in the end (I was happy for Momo, but where was actress girl, she was so good, also why am I talking and being Nostalgic like a fucking preteen girl reading a shojo). But still, I'm kind of ok with this ending, I was actually expecting even worse, but they made this story quite interesting in final chapters, it was ok-ish. I was never biased towards any of the sisters unlike most here. But yeah, it's still such a wierd, non satisfactory ending. I would still miss the characters here, They were really fun (at times in the past). This manga would've been so good if they kept it more comedy oriented like it originally was with the fanservice and Sasuga's dramatization which made me care for the characters, keeping the plotline alive and just ending it at 160 something chapters and given one of them another guy to finish it off well without stretching it and milking it to infinity like how it happened, filled with so much bullshit no stake drama and nostalgia cuts every 10 seconds, it would've been great. Even though I'm not the author, and I give props to Sasuga for making one of the best ecchi mangas without stupid vampires, and keeping it real all the time. I've been reading it for more than a year. With a bit of bittersweet moment, I say my final goodbye to this manga. It had been really fun reading this (till 160th chapter), I'm still very angry at how characters got totally botched at the end, but it was genuinely a good time reading this for a good amount of time.
So thank you Kei Sasuga. Anyway Farewell fellas....❤️
aryanaroraNov 20, 2023 12:42 AM
Jul 2, 2020 1:54 PM
Dec 2018
Glad Hina ends up getting what she wanted in the end but Natsuo was lame and the way this ended was ridiculous. If the accident hadn't happened he would have stayed with Rui. What a nonsense end after all that time.
Jul 3, 2020 4:06 PM

Feb 2012
I really enjoyed the manga when it started, maybe chapters 1 to 160. As it progressed, I honestly didn't like it as the drama was just too heavy and repetitive, introducing unnecessary characters...

I am just happy that my girl, Hina, gets her happy ending. I was for her all the way. She didnt have to win Natsuo IMO, as he is indecisive... I wouldve been happy as long as she just gets her happy ending.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 5, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
Bad ending to a bad manga, I have to say though, when I saw the title of his book in the last panel I was laughing uncontrollably for about a minute.
What a trainwreck.
Jul 5, 2020 10:13 AM
Sep 2016
Honestly this almost feels like an unintentional deconstruction of the oblivious shonen main character archetype. Like, "if you're thick enough not to see that your ex still has feelings for you you'll just end up having her getting run over and ending up a vegetable"... but then Hina simply recovers out of the blue (It feels forced even in-universe but from a narrative standpoint and the time that should have been dedicated to flesh out this extremely convoluted situation it's even worse). I don't know if the author had to rush the ending or what but out of all the contrived development I've seen in manga or anime this rates pretty high. I did like Rui more than Hina because I just felt that Hina as a character was kinda boring, not that Rui was particularly well-written either but she barely clutched it out because of her -somewhat- entertaining personality ; that being said I despise the ship mentality (I really don't think the happily ever after trope has to be the only satisfying conclusion no matter what, authors and readers alike should be able to read beyond that), and because Natsuo himself wasn't exactly the most fascinating MC I really wasn't rooting for either of the two to end up with him, but holy cow does this feel all over the place.

To be clear, I do think this manga has its moments, but as paradoxical as it may sound for a romance manga, most of these moments don't have anything do with romance. The subplots with Togen-sensei and Arisu (the "uggo" girl that Natsuo befriended in cram school) for example felt much more engaging and grounded in reality, probably because they didn't overstay their welcome and thus never felt repetitive, keeping them fresh and memorable. The main romance plot on the other hand rapidly fell into a tedious cycle of patterns repeating themselves over and over purely because of poor communication and less-than-subtle happenstances.

I'm not too familiar with romance manga nor am I too keen on reading it but one of my favorites does actually belong to the genre, namely Molester Man. The difference being that Molester Man is really short while also managing to be remarkably compelling, on top of having impeccable comedy and believable human interaction. Reading DomeKano I'm left with this feeling that romance manga is one of the genres that bear the most brunt of having to stick with its formula the longer the publication goes on. Still, I'm open to suggestions as I'd love to be proven wrong on that.
BobaFouetteJul 5, 2020 11:16 AM
Jul 7, 2020 2:30 AM

Oct 2013
BobaFouette said:
if you're thick enough not to see that your ex still has feelings for you you'll just end up having her getting run over and ending up a vegetable

That's one way to look at it I guess :) I mean the dude desperately tries to prevent himself from looking at Hina in "that way" throughout about 2/3 of the manga. Moments such as:

(just zoom in if some of the text is too tiny)

Perhaps if the story needed to end sooner, Sasuga could've had drop the thickness and try to get an answer out of Hina much earlier. That being said, he also has his reasons for not doing it.

Opening up old-wounds was has to be another reason considering that as far as he knows, Hina rejected him under the the guise of a "I've no intention of getting back together" lie waaay back then just returned home as "Hina-nee". Being with Rui at the time gave him even more reason to try & not look at his 1st love romantically, else he'd be in a tough spot, lol.

It ties well with what he said here at the end anyway:

I liked hearing your thoughts anyway. If you enjoyed this one, I recommend you also check out others such like Seo Kouji's Kimi no Iru Machi, Fuuka, Suzuka(they're all lengthy) or Sasuga's Kei previous work, GE: Good Ending, as far as romance-drama manga is concerned anyway. White Album 2 anime and then Visual Novel still remains my all-time favorite though.

Jul 14, 2020 8:44 PM

Apr 2017
The manga had a lot of good parts early on, but damn it just got worse and worse. Really disappointed in the last couple chapters specifically. Oh well, at least I can finally stop forcing myself to continue reading it. I originally had it rated at an 8, but that was early on when I enjoyed it; my final rating is a 5 :/ wouldn't call it good, wouldn't call it completely bad, it just is what it is.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Jul 15, 2020 2:43 AM
Jun 2016
This entire time I was wondering how they were going to explain their relationships to haruka kekw
Jul 15, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2020
I came across this manga 5days ago. Without relying on recommendation or the comment section I started to marathon read it for the next 3days and slept for only 3hours for 2nights.

I was and still am for luck of better word flabbergasted. So flabbergasted it took me to drop the other mangas on my 'to read list' and watched a romcom movie just so I can cleanse my mind from this horrible nightmare. I've only read it for 3days and yet I wanted that 3days of my life back. I can only imagine the others who faithfully followed this manga from beginning to end.

I don't care about the shipping. I didn't have time to choose because I only cared about the story and how it will progress including the MC's character development.

But I at least wanted to explain 'some' of my concerns.

I wasn't impressed by Hina's character once I found out she was having a relationship with a married man. And then she broke off with Shu only to jump to another taboo relationship with her student/step-brother Natsuo. What an absolute turn off that was.

BUT, when they were found out, I was moved by Hina's maturity, selflessness and strength when she decided to remove herself from Natsuo's life to protect him. When they met again in the island, I thought this was her biggest test (yet) and I was afraid her resolve would waver. BUT she surprised me again and for that she earned my absolute respect.

When the brokenhearted Natsuo returned the ring to Hina, I thought, this was it. This is were you close this chapter. Because despite both of them hurting, there was finally acceptance that perhaps they are not really meant to be together. That action of returning the ring was done so beautifully. Each panel gave us different expressions it was painful. Not much was said between them but just the word 'thank you'. This chapter (97) was so heartbreaking and yet so fulfilling because I believed that's how you end a chapter if not a story.

It was understandable that it would be difficult for Hina to forget her feelings. She was alone, lonely and heartbroken. Her struggles pained me as well, as such, I cheered when Shu finally divorced his wife and double cheered when they finally met again.

Alas!

She decided to quit teaching and returned to her family. That was okay. When Natsuo felt responsible for Hina's losing her job and moving away and she refuted it and said she didn't regret anything. She still got me there. When she slipped a note to Natsuo upon leaving.... well... I was confused. The next few chapters were just a confusing that I was beginning to wonder what our dear Sasuge planned for our dear Hina.

At this point, I didn't blame Hina for hoping she still had a chance to revive her relationship with Natsuo. I'd blame Rui and Natsuo for keeping their relationship a secret. That was a stupid stupid decision.

But when Hina finally found out their relationship, that should be the time to step back and give each other space for all their sakes. But no, she wanted to be a good supportive big sister to both of them. I think not. She was hopelessly trying to win him back. She was disrespectful, pushy, and shameless that my admiration turned into pure disgust. I'm completely lost how Sasuge san turned a beautiful character into a disgraceful one.

As if it's not bad enough, showing how clumsy she was when drunk and exposing her naked body to Natsuo was NOT cute at all. I don't care if she was drunk or exhausted from work but it seemed she was doing it on purpose to seduce Natsuo. It wasn't seductive at all. It was creepy as hell. There is something wrong here and it bugged me. Whenever Hina sleeps in the same vicinity as Natsuo, was she even thinking about Rui's feelings at all? Things could go wrong when you flash your breasts to your ex, you know? Using drunk or tired as excuse is BS. She's old enough to know what 'could' happen, right? After all, ain't she the big sister here?

I get it, Natsuo took a knife for her. Looking after him in the hospital was one thing. Moving in with him is another. That's just wrong in so many levels. When Rui honestly told her not to make her cry, that should be reason enough to stay away. How could she forget her feelings when she was clearly and desperately clinging to it. At this point all I could do was tear out my hair.

And truthfully at this point, every chapter with Hina in it was just exhausting.

She cared for Natsuo under the guise of a beloved sister but really, her motive is as clear as day. She doesn't want Natsuo to treat her as a big sister. She wanted to be treated as a lover. So what was the whole point of all her sacrifices and putting a facade? Does she think it won't come back to bite her on the ass?

All it would take was a single picture to destroy Natsuo's career, the same picture that made her decide to break-up and leave in order to protect him. It was ironic, really.

When she was hit by a car after pushing Rui away, I could not believe it and I thought was she really going to die? Was this her ultimate sacrifice? I was hopeful. I thought this was the best way to redeem Hina after destroying her beautiful character. But No! Our brilliant Sasuge put her in a vegetative state and made the others a stupid and selfless decision.

I love Masaki's character. He's one of my favorites but I wonder why the hell would you say something so outrageous to Natsuo? Who gave you the right to disclose something that Hina shared with you in confidence? Making someone feel guilty when they are already emotionally and mentally vulnerable is not the way to do it. Dude, have you ever thought of Rui's condition for a second? She was pregnant. Her being pushed down to the ground could cause a miscarriage. Her sister's condition could cause a miscarriage. Hearing that her sister (in a vegetative condition) vowed to live her life for Natsuo's -her husband to be- sake could cause a miscarriage. You messed them up and broke up a would have been a wonderful family.

And so because they both felt guilty with Rui thinking how inferior her feeling was compare to her sister was the final blow. And so they cancelled their wedding and decided to support their beloved big sister for that day forward.

It was funny, even Tsukaki, their mother thought it was unnecessary to call off the wedding. They could still support Hina even when they are married. It's not like they fell out of love after learning Hina's vow and it's not like Tsukaki san will abandon her daughter.

In chapter 273 I could tell when Rui asked Natsuo before they separate: "Do you like me?" and Natsuo said "Yeah, I love you". and she responded "Same here." and both of them have tears in their eyes. It was so pitiful, painful that they had to separate because of such circumstance. I wished Masaki had witnessed that one.

And like sleeping beauty and snow white, thanks to Haruka for putting the ring on Hina's finger, she miraculously wakes up from her five long years of deep slumber. Hooray!

Suddenly, everything was so fast, so blur, so furious that I'm just skipping the panels more than reading it. They got married and they finally live happily ever after. Yay!

People might think I ship RuixNat. Honestly speaking, It doesn't matter even if it's MomoxNat or MiyabixNat but I could never accept HinaxNat just because of how the story progressed from good to bad to worse and for it to end in such an unredeemable way. I could not comprehend how a story with 277 chapters deteriorated beyond repair.

Why?

We go back from the very beginning. Hina and Natsuo's relationship was seen as taboo. Hina finally-finally realized that when the crooked journalist tried to published a scandal of them that would destroy Natsuo's career and by extension his future life. Remember, he was soon to be husband and father. That scandal would undoubtedly crushed him. Thankfully, the source was none other than her stalker who does not hold credibility in the eyes of the society. But the point is Hina just got lucky because she knew the picture was authentic and if it falls again to the wrong hands then they will go back again to the same problem.

In other words, marrying each other made the stalker and the crooked journalist vindicated. The past will always find a way to haunt them.

And that is how Sasuge san assassinated the character and destroyed this story. It was such a waste that it left me groaning. Despite the superb artwork, the story was so horrible. I can only give it a 2 and it's me being generous already. Sorry but not sorry.
bluishred29Jul 15, 2020 4:38 PM
Jul 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
Woah, this place is still as yikes as usual. Finally decided to get a review out and I check here to witness this.

bluishred29 said:
When the brokenhearted Natsuo returned the ring to Hina, I thought, this was it. This is were you close this chapter. Because despite both of them hurting, there was finally acceptance that perhaps they are not really meant to be together.

So you came in to a teacher x student & stepsibling taboo-themed love story, dead-set on hating on the teacher, ignoring that Hina & Natsuo truly loved each other & got along great, ignoring how his feelings for her were even what led to him making his dream of becoming a writer a reality, then keep writing in hopes of getting together again.

Then it's like you're blaming Hina for being there for the most important moments in Natsuo's life while Rui's off in NY. To top it off, it's like you're blaming her for having feelings. What?

Hina holds her feelings back out of respect for Rui as best as she can because if she wanted to make moves she'd just tell Natsuo that she lied when she rejected him on the island, then the story would end much sooner, lol.

There are some themes presented here:

With Hina, it's about "loving someone beyond your desire to be loved."

Rui's love for Natsuo amounts to "I like how Natsuo always thinks of ME first."

In chapter 273 I could tell when Rui asked Natsuo before they separate: "Do you like me?" and Natsuo said "Yeah, I love you". and she responded "Same here." and both of them have tears in their eyes. It was so pitiful, painful that they had to separate because of such circumstance. I wished Masaki had witnessed that one.

For Hina it's the stronger japanese word to express one's love, it's "Ai" and for Rui it was it's weaker version "Koi." Natsuo's heart was already back to Hina the moment he knew of her feelings, because he always loved Hina more & considering all the impact she had on his life & especially WRITING, why wouldn't he?

Like how do you even manage to twist all the good things she did as bad is beyond me. Maybe it truly was a waste of 3 days, but we live & learn - guess this just wasn't the story for you,but that doesn't make it bad.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

12 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 19, 11:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.