Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 10, 2020 4:04 AM

Apr 2015
Great episode with so many emotions!

"What's the deal with the social distancing?" Not gonna lie, it cracked me up a bit more than it should have!!

The whole talk about "what is true love" was hilarious, really glad to see Nagisa to get some screen time like this as well, I think we don't see her enough! Kaguya was really upset with the change in Miyuki's eyes and the end of the part was just priceless, Miyuki's eyes are a selling point for Kaguya XD

Gotta appreciate Ishigami for his solid true love advice though!!

Tutor Chika is back and now she's tutoring Miyuki how to sing.... oh my lord, the poor girl had no idea what she gotten herself into, but leave it to Mama Chika!!!

Awww, seeing Chika breakdown on stage was pretty hard on the heart, eventho they were tears of joy! Rip Kaguya though, suffocated by Chika's bust! "To be continued..." More tutoring to come XD

Kaguya totally failed the negotiations with Miko after Miko struck the one weakness Kaguya has!
May 10, 2020 4:14 AM

Aug 2019
Very enjoyable episode even if it seemed a bit rushed. First was pretty good. Kaguya has a weird fetish for Shirogane's glaring eyes lol. The best segment was the while Chika teaching Shirogane singing. It was hilarious. The last part was okay, not liking Miko that much.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
May 10, 2020 5:59 AM
Jan 2016
Chika is one of anime character that has a really unique personality that I've seen so far. Sometimes she can become really annoying with her talk or action, but sometimes she can become really soft, really kind, pure heart like in this episode when she helps Shirogane with her full effort to achieve something that's missing in his life and even cries in the end when Shirogane achieves it, wow, it so heart-warming. Chika is one of character that I'm not always 100% like, but sometimes she can surprise me with her effort and makes me love her 200% hahaha...
May 10, 2020 6:08 AM

Feb 2014
What a difference Miyuki got after he was able to get a decent night's sleep after the student council got disbanded. Honestly, he looks more suited to be in a shoujo anime now with his new looks! XD

Not the strongest episode so far, but it was still really enjoyable regardless. It still had many funny moments, one of them was Kaguya asking Kashiwagi about romantic advice, which went amusingly well, especially when Chika and Ishigami chirped in to express their own thoughts about first love.

Mother hen Chika was back again to help her child Miyuki, this time being his completely garbage singing skills. Just like with her volleyball lessons, she got Miyuki to sing decently well, which made her cry as she was conducting the whole school during their assembly. You've done well, Chika. ^_^

Kaguya finally had her one-on-one moment with Miko and tried to negotiations, but that fell apart when Miko struck hard when she mentioned that Kaguya and Miyuki were perfect together. This is another reason why Miko's draconian-style campaign of being student council president herself need to be defeated, since her 50cm opposite sex social distancing would be a massive handicap to Kaguya and Miyuki's chance of romance.

Either way, we only have to wait for the next episode to see the election take place. Give Miko the reality check she bloody needs, Miyuki!
May 10, 2020 6:17 AM

Feb 2011
This episode got a reasonable amount of Chika screentime so I am more than satisfied.
May 10, 2020 6:31 AM
Dec 2018
Ok,lets just agree that fujiwara is not that annoying and also sometimes usefull
kaguya as cute as always
Spoiler: lot more to come
May 10, 2020 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
The true love advice section was way funnier here than I remember it being in the manga, and probably one of the funniest segments of this second season so far. Chika teaching Shirogane is always great as well, and this time it certainly delivered while steadily building Chika's PTSD for the next time this happens. And the negotiations were decent too, not least with Kaguya's misunderstanding of what Iino meant about her compatability with Shirogane. It does also highlight how annoying Iino is at this point, but she gets better after the election next episode.
May 10, 2020 6:34 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
The ep is good.

But I do have a problem with the sub translation by Aniplex.
We're here watching anime expecting close to accurate translation. Years from now, when ppl forget about social distance and rewatch this, they will be like wth is this sub.
also, gokigenyo isn't Have a nice day either, it's common sense when you meet someone you say How are you or How do you do instead. If they gonna use google translate, why not bother double checking it on jisho
May 10, 2020 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
Mama Chicka was a nice surprise for this Mother's Day.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 10, 2020 8:39 AM

Sep 2017
great episode, though i wish that singing chapter could be replaced by another chapter

cant wait for election chapters next episode
May 10, 2020 8:44 AM

Sep 2018
It's really weird to see Shirogane's eyes sparkling lol
Ohhh Chika have something she's good at lol another tutoring time. Chika as mother figure is really funny xD
May 10, 2020 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shirogane has a fucking vibrato in his voice xDDDDDD
May 10, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2014
Chika being a big music girl and tapping into her mom instincts makes me like her even more. I agree with most that this was the weakest episode thus far, but it's still better than the majority of other recent seasonals imo, which really highlights just how much quality and hilarity this anime has.
May 10, 2020 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
Kaguya has a dangerous fetish.

Not that one could blame her for disliking the sparkly-eyed Miyuki. He truly looked odd.

It is also commendable that Chika took on another challenge after being traumatised by her last teaching experience. She almost bit off more than she could chew. I loved how even composers' portraits changed expressions from disgust to approval as Miyuki and Chika progressed.

Now then, the election day...
May 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
Mayo-13 said:
The last part was okay, not liking Miko that much.

Subjectively speaking, no one is expected to actually like Miko.

Meta_Yoshi said:
Give Miko the reality check she bloody needs, Miyuki!

I wish for your wish to come true.

Harlequina said:
I thought she'd be a new main character that actually shows up often like the other ones, but maybe not.

Probably because the rest of the story is too impure for her to become a part of it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 10, 2020 11:04 PM

Aug 2019
shanimebib said:
Mayo-13 said:
The last part was okay, not liking Miko that much.

Yeah. But, no I just meant that I'm not feeling much interest in her as a character. You can dislike a character but still find them interesting, you know.

May 10, 2020 11:42 PM
Oct 2013
I can see how the jumping around bothers some people, as it felt that each story was a tad too short. But by god did I laugh my butt off. I've read the manga beforehand, so I did see it coming, but the way A-1 delivered the jokes were ON POINT
May 10, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2017
Mayo-13 said:
shanimebib said:

Yeah. But, no I just meant that I'm not feeling much interest in her as a character. You can dislike a character but still find them interesting, you know.

I know that feeling, it was the same with me reading the manga, but now I like her a lot. I think that Ino is a character that grows on you with time, like Shirogane and opposite to Ishigami and Chika. Ino is like a slow burn, Ishigami and Fujiwara are like explosions.
May 11, 2020 6:40 AM

Feb 2020
They really put in so much effort this season. It's a meme factory at this point with all the expressions and wackiness.
May 11, 2020 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
This is my least favorite episode of both seasons, it felt rushed and wasn't that funny tbh.
May 11, 2020 8:13 AM
Mar 2015
Hilarious From Kashiwagi's advice to Fujiwara's singing lessons to dealing with the enemy
May 11, 2020 9:21 AM
Mar 2020
they have so much manga source and animation frame that they have to cut the ED . A1 picture have pretty hefty budget for kaguya sama
May 11, 2020 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
Kougeru said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Aniplex subbers chose the term social distancing. But this manga chapter was released back in 2017 with the same scenario so it was just pure coincidence.

Not coincidence. They actively worked at this by changing the script.

The translator, editor, and anyone else involved in localizing this episode should honestly all be fired.

It's basically Rule 1 of localization to NOT rewrite the script and that's literally what they did twice with the "social distance" lines. The Japanese did not say that so the subs should not say that. It was a really tasteless and poor attempt to be "funny" and "current". You don't do that with someone else's work. Write a fanfic for that crap

I have to agree. And there are parts that are downright mistranslated. Good thing I have learned to shut my brain off to these bad translations when I need to.

The only current joke was Super Tuesday at the end referring to the Democratic Primaries in the USA which I guess didn't work for many but I lol'ed because it actually read super tuesday.

Mayo-13 said:
shanimebib said:

Perhaps it has a lot to do with her screentime. As @DiegoNC pointed out. So, perhaps some opinions will have changed after seeing more of her.

Nainu_ said:
Shirogane became a shoujo-like character design instead of the former fish eyes.

It is revealed by Akasaka-sensei himself that he likes shoujo manga. So, there is that. There is a mini arc on shoujo manga which is an absolute baller. It's a shame that the 12 episodes format won't give space for it to be animated. By the end of the season, a total of 25 chapters would remain never animated over the two seasons.

Protip: One has to read the manga!
Coronavirus.
May 11, 2020 10:32 AM
Apr 2020
i loved every single bit of it, in particular favourite moments was ishigami talking about true love and we get a whole idol boy pose from him, chika breaking down in front of everyone during her conducting, shirogane's different appearance and singing, kaguya helping shirogane to the infirmary (most cutest and funniest moment of episode in my opinion)

there was a theme of a lotta wacky and insane faces pulled throughout the episode and I LOVED IT especially the little close up sequence of shirogane's face in one moment, reminded me of how kakeguri milks the close up sequence to the character's faces whenever they get the chance to
May 11, 2020 12:14 PM

May 2018
Overrated episode....................................................
May 11, 2020 1:30 PM

Aug 2019
Mayo-13 said:

Perhaps it has a lot to do with her screentime. As @DiegoNC pointed out. So, perhaps some opinions will have changed after seeing more of her.

DiegoNC said:
Mayo-13 said:

I know that feeling, it was the same with me reading the manga, but now I like her a lot. I think that Ino is a character that grows on you with time, like Shirogane and opposite to Ishigami and Chika. Ino is like a slow burn, Ishigami and Fujiwara are like explosions.

Yeah, I do hope so. And I agree, even though I like all of them, Kaguya and Shirogane took some time, while Ishigami and Chika were instant favs :)

May 11, 2020 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Mayo-13 said:

DiegoNC said:

Yeah, I do hope so. And I agree, even though I like all of them, Kaguya and Shirogane took some time, while Ishigami and Chika were instant favs :)
Personally I didn't like her for a little while either but dont take that as a garentee that everyone will, theres still alot of people whod list her as the weak point of the main cast, this is mostly because of the power gap the anime's popularity added but it is worth noting how much lower in favorites she was from the others and I dont really expect her to suddenly shoot up above the others even now. It also will depend on what they chose to adapt this season cause they very well might skip some of her better early chapters.

Take this as you will, but if you end up hating her dont worry its not gonna ruin much at least for this season's contents.
JizzyHitlerMay 11, 2020 3:52 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 12, 2020 1:34 AM

Jan 2019
Wow, Iino is really ahead of the curve with her social distancing idea. Who knew that the guidelines would be to keep a distance of 300 cm just 5 months after this took place (October 2019)?
May 12, 2020 3:42 AM

Dec 2019
i feel like this anime is getting funnier and funnier
May 12, 2020 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
Ishigami and Chika are gems that must be protected!

Ishigami only had a few scenes but that was enough for him to steal those segments. Although Kaguya thirsting over the half-alive Miyuki was no slouch either and that line by Hayasaka was the perfect way to end it.
Mama Chika was the most adorable thing ever! Her getting PTSD from the first training session was hilarious. Finally, her breaking down into tears due to pride was just precious.

As for Miko. Oh God do I HATE her! Gladly I still find her character intriguing enough but damn does she gets under my skin. Probably because I am not fond of people like that in general. Then again, going by what the manga readers are saying, some material related to showcasing her character were cut. Hopefully the studio will use them for the next episode to give context before the election takes place.
HellFury101May 12, 2020 11:28 AM
May 12, 2020 11:29 AM
Feb 2019
That damn Chika crying moment hit me hard. I mean, it was funny in a way, but it's really sad when you hear an emotional song and actually have moments you can relate to in it. Especially when those are moments you look back at with happiness, even if you didn't feel it that way at the moment. Like hell, it felt too close to a graduation.
May 12, 2020 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
Another great episode..thats all : )
May 12, 2020 7:17 PM

Nov 2015
Man Ishigami talking like an Otome protag was great. With every episode this show gets better, excited to see what Iino can do too.

Katsura janai, Zura da

May 12, 2020 8:25 PM
Apr 2020
Does anyone else think the animation quality has dipped since last season? It looks choppy. It really shows during the action shots.
May 12, 2020 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Could've done without the sappy Chika moment. Weren't they only practicing for a day? I felt bad about Shiro's past too, but something didn't feel right or genuine about Chika's tears... I know she's emotional but it all felt a little over the top.

But yeah, I've been seeing some complaints from people about the episode. I thought it was just fine. I know there's a subtle, overriding "election" arc but this episode felt almost filler and on-the-down-low, with more trivial scenes about singing and eyes. Even the bench/advice scene was trivial. And that's all fine. It was a breath of fresh air. "Something else" aside from the romance, for a change. Change is good. Diversity is great. So I have no complaints. I generally enjoyed the episode.

Actually, I felt it was chuckle-worthy for a change. Anime can be entertaining but it's rare that it forces the muscles in your face to form a grin. But Shiro's awful singing with pretty funny, ngl. As was the scenes that feature him with uncharacteristic eyes.

removed-userMay 14, 2020 7:02 PM
May 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Nov 2007
HellFury101 said:
Then again, going by what the manga readers are saying, some material related to showcasing her character were cut. Hopefully the studio will use them for the next episode to give context before the election takes place.

I have got confirmation for you that nothing is cut. She is just as she is shown up to this point in the anime.
Coronavirus.
May 13, 2020 2:59 AM

Feb 2019
AlexanderHD said:
Could've done without the sappy Chika moment. Weren't they only practicing for a day? I felt bad about Shiro's past too, but something didn't feel right or genuine about Chika's tears... I know she's emotional but it all felt a little over the top.

I mean Chika was going through PTSD just by the mere thought of training Miyuki again. However, she still trained him because he needed help in the musical field. Which she apparently really loves and is good at. Also she was in full "Mama Mode". So given her character I think the tears are justified..XD
At least that was my interpretation.

shanimebib said:
HellFury101 said:
Then again, going by what the manga readers are saying, some material related to showcasing her character were cut. Hopefully the studio will use them for the next episode to give context before the election takes place.

I have got confirmation for you that nothing is cut. She is just as she is shown up to this point in the anime.

Well... that's kinda disappointing. Still looking forward to the next episode regardless of the fact. Anyways, I'm guessing you have read the manga? If so, I just wanna know if Miko remains the way she is? It'll help temper my expectations.
May 13, 2020 3:58 AM

Nov 2007
HellFury101 said:
shanimebib said:

Well... that's kinda disappointing. Still looking forward to the next episode regardless of the fact. Anyways, I'm guessing you have read the manga? If so, I just wanna know if Miko remains the way she is? It'll help temper my expectations.

If you are okay with spoilers, but not really giving away details of the story but just to answer:

Coronavirus.
May 13, 2020 5:31 AM

Feb 2019
shanimebib said:
HellFury101 said:

If you are okay with spoilers, but not really giving away details of the story but just to answer:

Thanks for the heads up!

May 13, 2020 7:01 AM

May 2018
Bishounen Shirogane is top comedy gold! And I never knew that Kaguya was a masochist xD
May 13, 2020 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
Kougeru said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Aniplex subbers chose the term social distancing. But this manga chapter was released back in 2017 with the same scenario so it was just pure coincidence.

The translator, editor, and anyone else involved in localizing this episode should honestly all be fired.

It's basically Rule 1 of localization to NOT rewrite the script and that's literally what they did twice with the "social distance" lines. The Japanese did not say that so the subs should not say that. It was a really tasteless and poor attempt to be "funny" and "current". You don't do that with someone else's work. Write a fanfic for that crap

At least somebody has a brain about how disrespectful it is, rather than going 'haha how relevant!'

Unless there's proof that the Japanese themselves changed the line to be more relevant, in the manga, all Shirogane asks is why Fujiwara's standing so far from him.

If someone can see if the social distancing line is what is actually said in the Japanese dub I'll eat my words, otherwise it's scumbag Funimation translators thinking they have any creative talent again, changing scripts from people leagues above them in creativity.
May 13, 2020 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
Larryg said:
Kougeru said:

At least somebody has a brain about how disrespectful it is, rather than going 'haha how relevant!'

Unless there's proof that the Japanese themselves changed the line to be more relevant, in the manga, all Shirogane asks is why Fujiwara's standing so far from him.

If someone can see if the social distancing line is what is actually said in the Japanese dub I'll eat my words, otherwise it's scumbag Funimation translators thinking they have any creative talent again, changing scripts from people leagues above them in creativity.

The fact that they completely undermined the last skit in the previous episode by not translating Ino's flyer should be reason enough to fire them. I mean, everyone is obviously doing their best, and Funimation screw everything by making a half assed job...
May 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Sep 2019
This episode had a pretty good musical score ngl
May 14, 2020 8:52 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao another great episode!

I like how closer Shirogane to Chika rather than Kaguya xD

B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 14, 2020 10:07 PM

Aug 2014
I actually liked the pacing of this episode, given how they decided not to end the election arc in just 2 episodes, and I'm fine with it. Also, I'm always down to more Mama Fujiwara xD

HellFury101 said:
shanimebib said:

Thanks for the heads up!

May 14, 2020 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
Kfier said:
I actually liked the pacing of this episode, given how they decided not to end the election arc in just 2 episodes, and I'm fine with it. Also, I'm always down to more Mama Fujiwara xD

HellFury101 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

You are not the only one. I bet everyone who has read the manga is waiting for that.

I wonder how many of the anime fans will have their
Coronavirus.
May 14, 2020 10:50 PM

Jan 2017
This ep is kinda too fast for my liking, although the Bishounen Ishi part was all I was looking for anyways for this week
May 15, 2020 2:33 AM

Feb 2019
Kfier said:

HellFury101 said:

Props to the writer because almost all the characters are well written. So even if they get minor character development, it still feels rewarding to watch.

shanimebib said:

You are not the only one. I bet everyone who has read the manga is waiting for that.

I wonder how many of the anime fans will have their

Not gonna lie, I tend to keep expectations low with A1. Given, when they deliver it's amazing but at times they end up focusing on the wrong aspect of the arc/story.

May 16, 2020 12:15 AM
Nov 2015
Still dont understand why people hate on chika? She is hilarious and a good mother !
May 16, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2019
Man, these episodes seriously only get better and better.
McBawsMay 26, 2021 9:27 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.