Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 2, 2020 6:59 PM

Jan 2019
I'm shocked our protagonist didn't know more about Maria's backstory, considering she had played as her in her previous life. I would've assumed that having your father walk out on you and being constantly bullied would'be been compelling background information in the game.

But hey, I've never played one of those games so what do I know?

I do also kinda miss the younger character designs, they felt more expressive somehow.
May 2, 2020 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
This show is so good! Bakarina has a real shot to end up in my favorites list
May 2, 2020 7:29 PM
Oct 2012
I don't know how I could have missed it, but at the beginning of the episode, when I heard Maria-chan talking, I was sure I heard that voice before. Then I realized she sounded just like Ayase-tan from Oreimo.. they share the same seiyuu! A lovely angelical voice indeed...
May 2, 2020 7:39 PM

Jun 2015
At this point, I'm expecting for next direction of the plot. Is she going to keep stealing major events? Or is it going to be cutesy show from here onward? Well, casual Bakarina week in week out is definitely a good thing, though... :D
May 2, 2020 7:57 PM

Aug 2015
This episode put me in the feels. I love this show, I hope it continues this way. Maria is such a sweet girl and the story with her Mother hit me way more than I thought.

Bakarina is my favorite Harem-MC, lmao.
May 2, 2020 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
I read the manga but I didn't remember that part where the two girls approached Keith and Bakarina in the village, I think it might be from the light novel.

Anyways, this episode was emotional. Maria is an outcast of sorts, it's almost like the backstory of a villain. Yes, I know there are protagonists who are also outcasts but for some reason it reminded me more of the villain's backstory where people in their village would say negative things about them. Btw, I'm not implying anything, this is not a spoiler, just my own thoughts.

臭い-
May 2, 2020 8:08 PM

Oct 2007
even as a farmer, Katarina is beautiful.

her council of lolis remind of the Platelets in Hataraku Saibou.

whoa, giant pumpkin! :o

Amazing, she was able to somehow make Maria's family problem less severe. Maria good relations with her mother is restored. :)

looking forward to next week.
May 2, 2020 8:13 PM
Feb 2009
i no longer sure this show is heading toward otome or yuri end.

and there is no freaking way that president has more fans than nicol-sama. Nicol-sama's charm transcends both genders and ages.
oblivious is a bliss
May 2, 2020 8:48 PM
Sep 2018
Bakarina stole Maria’s harem and made her part of it. Bakarina you’re the best
May 2, 2020 8:52 PM
May 2018
Here's another great episode of Bakarina being oblivious to everyone being enamored with her.
May 2, 2020 9:15 PM
Jan 2017
My Next Life as a Villainess delivers yet another fantastic episode! I'm really liking how the series is handling Katarina's relationships with others. Not only does she renews her friendship with Maria, she also fixes Maria's relationship with her mother. This is shaping up to be one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
May 2, 2020 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
such a sweet moment of Maria's mom fetching the cutters ;___;
& then Katarina's mom's scolding at the end haha

I love how Katarina has Keith around all the time sigh

May 2, 2020 10:13 PM
Sep 2017
The president is so fast despite him being a side character. Katarina that's quite rude way of thinking. Hehehe
May 2, 2020 10:22 PM
Nov 2015
gleamblossom said:
Is Bakarina the weakest Isekai MC in existence?

You forgot re zero Subaru heh ?
May 2, 2020 11:08 PM

May 2015
That episode was so wholesome. It really made me feel so happy in the end after having me feel suspicious of the family at first.
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
May 2, 2020 11:34 PM

Mar 2019
What a cute episode.

I wonder if all these people falling for Katarina, might actually lead to her downfall and getting killed.
May 3, 2020 12:18 AM
May 2020
I really like this episode, from Catarina standing up to Maria with her "earth bumps" to Maria's POV that had me tearing up to then gets replaced by laughing because of Catarina's mother. I also like how they set "sirius Duke" or the student council president interaction with Catarina, and how it sort of (?) 'foreshadow' future events. I can't wait for the next episode ^o^
May 3, 2020 12:30 AM

Feb 2015
Another fun episode althought it look too similar to the last one where she defends Maria and eventually become closer to the MC making her own survival more secure. However I dont think there was any twist beside the closeness now got deeper. I really hope there is a twist to this story and a new evil character replace her or at least add some drama or chalenge to the MC.
"Miharu denki desu"
May 3, 2020 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
I didn't care when Katarina stole Gerald's romantic event since his character is my least favorite but screwing Keith's is another story xD Seriously, I hope he finds someone to be happy with because to me and as for how things go with Katarina, it seems he will remain in the "caring brother" role.

Fantastic episode once again. Katarina is such a sweetheart with everyone I can't help but smile every time she unintentionally ends up helping others.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Maria's character to receive more depth but after seeing how well her background was handled, I'm really glad this episode was focused on her. Her past was indeed quite sad, especially considering she had to deal with such cruel rumors all her childhood but now thanks to our dense protagonist, she managed to recover her hobby as well as her lovely smile again. Particularly, I'm absolutely happy to see that wholesome moments and sweet resolutions aren't only a thing of Katarina's old days as a little girl so now, I look forward to seeing many more moments like this.
May 3, 2020 2:03 AM

Mar 2018
Really liked the episode. Completely wholesome with Maria and her mother.
They say; "A mothers happiness is the happiness of their child" which you can clearly see in this episode. Good to see that Catarina stole the flag to a very good friend of Maria!

The last part when Catarina's mom found out about her farm on schoolgrounds and see her in that outfit, priceless! What a good mother haha!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
May 3, 2020 2:25 AM

Jan 2016
It's been a while since I've read the manga, so I've already completely forgot most of what happens in it lol. I'm kinda glad though, since it feels like I'm experiencing it for the first time again.

So more interactions between Katarina and Maria and their relationship deepens... I'm still shipping her with Keith tho.

Also, that's a huge ass pumpkin.
May 3, 2020 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
I must say, this show really is a breath of fresh air for me and I love it.
Also, Bakarina is the best harem protagonist XD

May 3, 2020 4:29 AM

Apr 2018
....... mothers in this anime are hot...........
May 3, 2020 5:12 AM

Jan 2018
this episode made me hungry
May 3, 2020 5:31 AM

Nov 2016
Cookie cutter backstory for Maria, but it was a sweet episode nonetheless. The relationships in this series are really precious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2020 5:52 AM
Mar 2019
Well, that was very wholesome and sad
May 3, 2020 6:08 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know of it's just me,but the lack of conflict in this anime is sort of bothering me right now,especially in this episode.Like,there's nothing compelling me right now to continue watching since everything goes so smoothly and nothing too bad ever happens.Hope something more dramatic or at least interesting will happen over the next couple of episodes.
May 3, 2020 6:35 AM

Jul 2014
Damn this episode actually made me a bit teary, did not expect them to pull a sad backstory like that with Maria... feel bad for her, thank God she finally got an amazing friend now. This show makes me support Bakarina X Maria a lot more than the others which is weird lol.
May 3, 2020 6:37 AM
Mar 2019
Im not crying you're crying.
May 3, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
Maria had such a sad past :( I'm glad Catarina is her friend <3

Catarina regrets visiting her mother while showing up with the farm outfit... She's in big trouble ^^;

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 3, 2020 9:05 AM
Jun 2017
Love this episode as lady catarina have showm how she is a true friend to Maria. And well to Maria, it really is hard to stamd out as you will face many rumors or issues around you.. yeah..
May 3, 2020 2:34 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Katarina being her usual self never gets old.

Really though, I'm surprised the anime hasn't shown them really fighting against each other. At this point I feel the antagonist is really the MC of this 'game', considering how almost everybody loves her. I can only think of the guy she never played the route of as the only person she isn't really attracting but staying on neutral terms with. Welp that can always wait for later..

Because the fact this girl pretty much got a 'blessing' from her mother, oh boy. Things are going to build up next episode!
May 3, 2020 3:43 PM
Jan 2013
that feel when your mom is the ultimate doom flag lul
May 3, 2020 4:15 PM

Oct 2008
Damn it. I shouldn't have started watching this show...

because now I'll have to wait a week for every new episode. (TT.TT)
May 3, 2020 6:54 PM
Jun 2019
flack said:
What happened to Maria's Father??

Just guessing, but he probably left, thanks to the nonstop rumors about his wife cheating with the nobleman putting cracks in the marriage, then they both got too stressed and emotional and he left as that was the only way he could see to get away from said stress.
May 3, 2020 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! PROTECC Maria and her mom!
such a heart warming episode!
5/5.

May 3, 2020 9:46 PM

Apr 2018
Very heartwarming episode. Hah you expected this to be a reverse harem, but you were mistaken!
May 3, 2020 9:47 PM

Jul 2015
I know they're probably going to go the Yuri route with Maria (The happily making Katarina homemade sweets is adorable) but I think the student council president would be a good match for her just from what we've seen of him.

For Katarina I'm team Gerald/Alan but Keith is scoring more love flags for me as each episode pasts.
Flower gleam and glow. Let your power shine.
May 3, 2020 10:37 PM

Aug 2019
Maria is precious. Must be protected at all costs!

I hope there will be some kind of conflict soon or this will get stale real fast. But for the meantime this was pretty heartwarming and nice.
May 3, 2020 11:41 PM
Nov 2010
This is such a nice show. Catarina is such a likable character and that voice actor is just gold when it comes to comedy. That scream at the end was hilariousss!
May 4, 2020 12:30 AM

Oct 2018
Damn, this episode was sickly sweet, but in a good way. If the show gets any more wholesome I'll pop.
May 4, 2020 1:32 AM
Mar 2017
the school president should be the one with Maria, tea and cookies is the right combo!
HentaiaMay 14, 2020 6:58 PM
May 4, 2020 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
Heroine's backstory felt slightly rushed but aside from that a good episode, doubt they'd go a shoujo-ai ending but dropping strong vibes.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 4, 2020 3:30 AM

Mar 2010
She is stealing all the flags lol
May 4, 2020 5:01 AM

Apr 2012
the bond between Katarina and Maria is the best in the whole show
May 4, 2020 6:28 AM

Jun 2019
Really nice episode
May 4, 2020 7:00 AM
Nov 2010
AdrianRubinsky said:
I think the translation for Maria's mother speech "Please continue to be a good friend to my daughter" isn't the best translation. What she says in japanese has a more "neutral" meaning like "please take care of my daughter". It's up to you to think what the author means by that.

Yeah, but "please take care of my daughter" wouldn't be a good translation either since it would make Katarina wonder why she said that regardless of how dense she is (it would actually come off as odd, like why would she say take care of her daughter?). But clearly, Katarina didn't have second thoughts about it and said of course. Even Keith didn't have second thoughts about it too. If anything, "Please continue to be a good friend to my daughter" or "Please continue to get along with my daughter" is the most appropriate translation even if it isn't the best.

---------------------
Anyway, I had doubts about this anime before because of what I thought was mainly otome, but after giving it a shot, I'm so loving it! It's so heartwarming and really melts your heart.
eplipswichMay 4, 2020 7:08 AM
May 4, 2020 7:03 AM

Dec 2016
I really liked seeing Maria smile, this whole episode is feels, I hope that there is going to be conflict though because that's what makes a show great, I hope some conflict arises, but might be unnecessary because it's a feel good show.
May 4, 2020 7:14 AM
Nov 2019
At this rate she'll steal all the girls from the eligible men - which might turn into it's own doom flag....

At some point the men are going to start ganging up on her.....

May 4, 2020 9:13 AM

May 2018
Now that was a deadly Earth Bump
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.