Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 9, 2020 2:51 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, I'm glad everyone loved Shigure's analogy as much I did. Definitely extremely relatable, I'm sure everyone has felt such anxiety due to the uncertainty of the future at least once in their life. That scene was definitely a good example of how anime adaptation can be better than the source (and I mean only that scene, so far, is better). I re-read the multiple times, and the most recent was last year, before the first season came out. However, I don't ever remember Shigure's analogy being this memorable or even making me emotional, yet in this episode, it was the best part for me. This episode packed in a lot of stuff, including wholesome interactions at Kazuma's house and Kazuma standing up for Kyou. But as soon as Shigure started his analogy, tears fell down. It was short, yet so powerful and inspiring. When things get overwhelming, or when I'm stuck inside my head, I will remember his analogy ^^
Jul 7, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2013
D'awwwhhhhh, sweet Kyon Kyon -^___^- Shishou is a gr8 dad :D

I wanna try somen hehe
Jul 12, 2020 2:42 AM
Nov 2019
ok but is anyone going to point out that there is literally weed in ryo's soumen?
Jul 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Aug 2017
I almost forgot about Kyo's adoptive father huh. Much better than the first episode, several Tohru x Kyo moments while more information about his real dad and conflicts about the future.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 29, 2020 5:52 AM
Oct 2019
Womp womp. Still not feeling this season.
Sep 3, 2020 2:21 AM

Jun 2020
LOL TOHRU

i teared a little when shigure patted kyo's head :'(

great episode, 5/5

sooooooooooo many tohru & kyo moments omg i love kyo........

“let's see, think of it this way. you're surrounded by such a huge mountain of laundry that you can't move an inch. you have no washer, and you have to wash it all by hand. would you get overwhelmed? you wonder if you can really finish washing them, if you can wash them clean, and if you're capable of getting satisfactory results. whenever you think about it, you get anxious. but time continues to tick by. now what should you do, tohru-kun? for the time being, you should wash what's at your feet, don't you think? it's important to think about what's ahead, but it's also important to think of what you can do now, in the present. if you continue washing one by one, before you know it...the sunlight will start peeking through again. the worry will still rise up in you sometimes, but in those times, take a break. read a book, watch TV, or eat somen with your friends.” ♥♥

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 11, 2020 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I haven't read the manga so I absolutely no idea who's the guy Uotani is into. And I laughed so much when Hana mentioned about getting a job after college and Uotani retaliated that Tohru will not marry her hahah! Man, Kyo's father doesn't treat him as a human. GDI. Shisho please protect him huhu. And Kyo and Tohru's moment is too cute omgggggggg and Shugure's advise kind of resonated with me, surprisingly.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Feb 28, 2021 2:35 PM

May 2016
YOOOOOOO when Kyou slapped Tooru in the face I burst out laughing XD

Love the angst in this episode, kudos to this anime for tackling problems that young people face, it's so good.
Mar 18, 2021 5:40 AM

Jun 2019
Felt this episode on a personal level.
Apr 18, 2021 8:45 AM

Mar 2010
At best its better focus on today and a bit for tomorrow aything beyond that will only get diluted and you'll be using up wasted effort.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2021 12:32 AM

Dec 2017
Shigure message comforted me so much that i literally cried, i have a lot of anxiety about my future too, and hear those words helped me to think differently. Love this anime.
May 15, 2021 9:07 AM

Apr 2020
I could relate with Kyo to his old fear of a mere stain lol

Jeez, Kyo's biological dad talked like they're not a family at all, while Kazuma was the exact opposite of him

"I'm used to your crying already"
Oh I wish I would get used too
Jun 6, 2021 3:26 AM

Jan 2018
That was cute

Why is this anime so cute?
Jul 21, 2021 9:23 PM
Apr 2017
Kyo is literally so pure please I need more cute tsundere ~ I love him.
Aug 5, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2021
Wise words from shigure.it is overwhelming to think about future, I like how they handled it in this episode.It is good to see kyos development. Need more scenes with Kazuma san and kyo.
Sep 7, 2021 1:13 PM

Nov 2018
It took me years to put in practice what Shigure advised Tohru. Even after I managed for the first time to put the stressful thoughts away and take things one at a time during an overwhelming situation, I still had difficulties in applying this method every time. However, there is one thing I've learned: this is the best way to avoid panic, and that's a very important thing! Panic only makes one lose time and effort vainly.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Sep 9, 2021 8:13 AM
May 2017
Being somebody that graduated from high school still not knowing what to do, entered college with a course that I just took because I have nothing else to do then quitting after a year because of the pandemic and not sure if I can still continue with my course. This episode really gave me some assurance somehow.
Sep 10, 2021 8:44 AM

Jul 2015
An uncertain future certainly is exciting yet scary, especially the case for Kyo. I hope when the time comes everybody even his dad and Yuki will object to Kyo being locked up.

Dec 2, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2007
better than episode 1, but still wants more meat.

kyo x tohru is cute. they are so completing each other.
Apr 11, 2022 12:17 AM

Nov 2020
another cringe episode

Aug 3, 2022 4:14 AM
Jun 2022
This episode, we really got to see how much of a father figure Sensei has been to Kyo, and how much of a drop - kick Kyo's real father is really. It's quite sad to see how much Kyo's birth father hasn't been a good person to his son.

Ways that Tohru and I are similar:
- Both can get very anxious about the future.
It's heartbreaking seeing how strong Tohru feels like she has to be, when really she is breaking from all the pressure she puts on herself, and the fact that she didn't want Kyo to see her cry, because she felt weak. I get that. Having to feel like you have to put on a strong suit, because you don't want others to see how much you're really breaking.

It was nice to see that Tohru felt like she could let her guard down with Kyo though.
Aug 29, 2022 12:42 AM

Aug 2020
favourite ep so far. We got more kyo-tohru moments and i loved every second of that.
Feb 9, 2023 9:01 AM
Apr 2020
"a night full of worries, is best spent together in a warm place" ugly crying that acc rlly got me ITS ONLY EP2 MAN.
Sep 15, 2023 7:32 AM

Apr 2021
Every episode is just fun. I can watch a 1000 episodes of Fruits Basket and still not get bored!!!
Feb 12, 9:49 AM
Feb 2020
Back to the actual story. Huge forshadowing. Banger episode.
Feb 13, 6:49 PM

Aug 2022
This episode really hit the mark for me! It delved deeper into the somber reality that Zodiac members face, especially highlighting the bleak future awaiting Kyo. Witnessing the confrontation between Kyo's detestable blood father and Shisho, who defends Kyo with such fervor, was emotionally charged. It's impossible not to feel a mix of anger and sadness for Kyo's situation. 😭 His father's willingness to confine Kyo post-graduation until his death is heart-wrenching. 😭

On a lighter note, Kyo's embarrassment over his feelings for Tohru, coupled with everyone teasing him, was definitely the highlight for me! 😍 It's clear he's changed for the better since meeting her, making me wonder if Tohru might reciprocate his feelings over Yuki's, despite my initial support for Yuki. Kyo's unpredictable nature just adds to his charm, making him more endearing by the minute. 🤭❤️

Uetani's revelation about her love life and its subtle push for the main trio to introspect their feelings adds a nice touch to the narrative, hinting at possible romantic developments ahead. I'm eagerly looking forward to more heart-warming scenes this season, hoping for significant progress in the romance department. This episode beautifully balanced the heavy and light moments, making me all the more excited for what's to come!😍
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.