Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2020 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Defense, defense, defense! Yup, this episode had excitement, kinda like a competitive game between two teams eager to win.

Glad to see all the guys so fired up though. It made the episode itself exciting especially some of the key plays.
Apr 8, 2020 4:13 AM
Sep 2015
The match is very exciting. Since it's just preliminary round there's no actual commentator so we have to rely to other team members and audience opinion instead.

If one episode per quarter then this match will take 4 episodes???
Apr 8, 2020 4:23 AM

Mar 2019
Kite receiving that one pass at the end of the episode is the highlight of the episode
Apr 8, 2020 5:36 AM
Oct 2016
Chiaki is in a bad spot this episode. First time we've really seen him struggle in a game since he's been so smooth on the court until now. He's way off rhythm like Nanao said which is in turn effecting the whole team. His passes are going far wide way too much of the time here, that last one being behind Tobi yet still somehow he made it work. Good to see Momoharu finally score after all this time, might've been goaltending but whatever.

This team they're facing Shinjo, is legit. they're pretty similar to our Kuzu bois in they have a mixed group of experience on the team. Fun to see Yasu lockdown on defense with that foul, dude missed the shots too so it was great, giving Yasu that big grin. They almost mounted that crazy comeback. Got really close with a lot of great plays against Kuzu and mostly Chiaki being outdone by Takahashi. The difference in skill between them is vast as we heard Momochi say. Now going into the second quarter hopefully Kuzu is more cohesive. Sidebar but the beginning with Madoka missing that shot in the girls Inter High made me really sad.
Apr 8, 2020 6:04 AM

May 2019
'Geniuses are surprisingly... fragile'.

I love that this theme is being incorporated; it works really well, especially in sports' anime genius character archetypes centred around being the prominent ball handler (e.g Kageyama from Haikyuu, or Akaashi from Kuroko no Basket). When the genius who holds the team together begins to crumble, so does the team.

If the 'brain' stops working, the body won't function. (real sports anime weebs are gonna get that reference hahaha)

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 8, 2020 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
I don't get how they're shutting down Chiaki. In other news, Momoharu scored!! I thought we was gonna dunk it in, but I'm still proud of him.
Leaves from the vine~
Apr 8, 2020 7:57 AM
Jan 2020
Why is the action so slow paced... Its getting really boring now
Apr 8, 2020 8:08 AM

Dec 2012

Isn't it offensive interference?
Apr 8, 2020 9:14 AM

Feb 2014
Stuzfin said:
I don't get how they're shutting down Chiaki. In other news, Momoharu scored!! I thought we was gonna dunk it in, but I'm still proud of him.

It's simple, no where to pass no where to dirve. To stop a good passing point guard, who is slow you just deny guard him close and close the passing lanes.

Dennoss said:

That rule is mostly used only if the ball is gowing towards the basket, this would be a deadball in most cases and it's the refs decision. Depending on the league and rules but 90% of the time since the ball was going out it is not goaltending, plus he didnt touch the rim before the ball or the net so it's all clean in my eyes.
Apr 8, 2020 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Shole said:

Dennoss said:

That rule is mostly used only if the ball is gowing towards the basket, this would be a deadball in most cases and it's the refs decision. Depending on the league and rules but 90% of the time since the ball was going out it is not goaltending, plus he didnt touch the rim before the ball or the net so it's all clean in my eyes.

Ok, I wasn't sure and wanted to ask. Thanks for clarification.
Apr 8, 2020 9:58 AM
Jun 2017
This exposed the team chemistry of Sora's team, as with great defense, Chiaki cant have a good pass on his teammates which they rely.

Anyways im excited for the next episode
Apr 8, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
Dennoss said:
Shole said:

Ok, I wasn't sure and wanted to ask. Thanks for clarification.

No worries, if you have any questions about basketball shoot, I was a pro player for 5 years and now I am a coach, the last 7 years so yeah :D

But yeah basically the rule of the thumb is that if it's going out of the basket it's free to touch, dunk it or rebound it.
Apr 8, 2020 10:32 AM
May 2019
Ok, of all the players, I never thought Chiaki would be the one to have a mental breakdown.
And ffs, I wan't to see Mokichi playing. Even if he's fragile, other than Natsume and maybe Chiaki, he's the only one with real experience on playing tournaments.
Apr 8, 2020 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah, I hope Mokichi will be playing in the next episode. Can't wait to see his true form.
Apr 8, 2020 11:14 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Chiaki is getting frustrated out there and its affecting the chemistry of the team. Those boys from Shijo got everyone on lockdown(no pun intended). Maybe Sora and Chiaki need to switch positions.
Apr 8, 2020 12:56 PM

Jul 2016
Tobi receiving and adjusting that ball at the end was so sick.

Entertaining episode. It seems it's now Chiaki's turn to struggle so let's see how the team will overcome the momentary loss of their "brain".

And on a side note, my boy Momoharu finally scored! Though not in the way I was expecting but I'm still glad for him. Still waiting for him to do an insane dunk at some point tho.
Apr 8, 2020 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
I lost my shit when Momoharu scored for the first time in his life.
Apr 8, 2020 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
adrian_and_sela said:
I lost my shit when Momoharu scored for the first time in his life.

Me too lol. It was such a great moment :)
Apr 8, 2020 6:22 PM

Jan 2016
Remembering why I like this series. By the end I was legitimately excited for Momoharu scoring and even just getting that break with Kite and it does what I like out of sports anime: allows me to follow the abilities of the players that make each play possible. Now if only there weren't so many stills......
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 9, 2020 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
Why did the Kuzuryū's girl's team had to lose, again =(
Apr 9, 2020 11:46 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode!
Kuzu High made a good start but the opponent was able to adapt and slowly making momentum but there are still mistakes and good thing they didn't time-out!
5/5.

Apr 10, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
This new opening has a very good art, the ending too. Anyways, this match seems promising.
Apr 11, 2020 4:57 AM

Oct 2017
Wow they actually managed to neutralize Chiaki. That was a really smart move.
Apr 11, 2020 9:03 AM

Apr 2020
Dennoss said:

It's not because the ball is clearly coming out of the ring, so a rebound + points is considered. 🏀
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 11, 2020 9:06 AM

Apr 2020
Serhiyko said:

they are the biggest exemple that hard work not always give us victories...😑
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 13, 2020 9:05 PM

Nov 2018
Pedro_Z said:
Serhiyko said:

With Madoka as the new captain, she'll lead them to victory next time! 🙂

Now the girls team will probably be able to help support the boys team more through their inter-high run also.
Apr 14, 2020 5:01 AM

Apr 2020
TheyCallMeTMoney said:
Pedro_Z said:

With Madoka as the new captain, she'll lead them to victory next time! 🙂

Now the girls team will probably be able to help support the boys team more through their inter-high run also.

My dream is for Madoka to join the men's team and be one of the main players lol

Pedro_ZApr 14, 2020 4:19 PM
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 19, 2020 8:47 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know what said but goddamn this episode was the fire
9/10
Apr 20, 2020 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
Shole said:
Stuzfin said:

It's simple, no where to pass no where to dirve. To stop a good passing point guard, who is slow you just deny guard him close and close the passing lanes.

Dennoss said:

It's just a tip-in. Nothing is wrong with that. Lmao Goaltending is when the defensive team after the ball was shot and was clearly going in getting touched.
(Am a basketball player.)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 20, 2020 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
Takamura-sama said:
Shole said:

It's just a tip-in. Nothing is wrong with that. Lmao Goaltending is when the defensive team after the ball was shot and was clearly going in getting touched.

True I guess he meant offensive interfering which is same as goalting but for offensive palyers.
But awesome there is another basketball player in this forum xD

Anyway yeah the tipin is something that happens a lot but sometimes they can call offensive interference when you like touch the rim first or the net first before the ball. Referees have a lot of power xD
Apr 20, 2020 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Shole said:
Takamura-sama said:

True I guess he meant offensive interfering which is same as goalting but for offensive palyers.

Anyway yeah the tipin is something that happens a lot but sometimes they can call offensive interference when you like touch the rim first or the net first before the ball. Referees have a lot of power xD

I just came back from playing on a court lol.
Yeah I like playing basketball. I started around 2014 and played ever since.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 21, 2020 6:52 AM

Feb 2014
Takamura-sama said:
Shole said:

Lucky you we are closed down in my country, can't wait for summer tho and that 3x3 tournaments. I am not a player that much anymore, I retiered in 2018 for good, just 3x3 tournaments and honor touranemts (aka Memorial touranments or Charity tournaments). Just a coach now.
Apr 21, 2020 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
Shole said:
Takamura-sama said:

Lucky you we are closed down in my country, can't wait for summer tho and that 3x3 tournaments. I am not a player that much anymore, I retiered in 2018 for good, just 3x3 tournaments and honor touranemts (aka Memorial touranments or Charity tournaments). Just a coach now.

lmao, I just like to play. I have a playstyle close to Aomine from KnB.

Free style, good in dribbling, hookshots, fadeaway, stepbacks and mid/close range.

My 3p are bad tho.I score like 20-40% open. So I don't take them much.
Jun 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Apr 2008
This one is basically KnB, but without the magic bs.

The girls not making it passed their first match is just like the girls' team in KnB.
Like seriously, just let them get passed their first game so it doesn't copy KnB too much :P

Sep 22, 2020 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
"I can't imagine that she's actually reading that deep into it"

If you do, the she might as well.

Such an entertaining match so far. Lot's of interesting plays, comments with even some gags here and there. Most importantly, love the directing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2021 1:40 AM

Jul 2015
Impressive of the injured guy to recognise the importance of Chiaki's passes, one could only imagine the struggle Kuzuryu team would be going through if he was in the game.

Sad that the girl team lost but at least we can somewhat celebrate Momoharu scoring his first point

Aug 10, 2022 8:07 AM
Jan 2021
Finally we see the captain make a shot!
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Mar 2022
why does the female-counterpart team always have to lose in the first round of the inter-high? WHY?

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM

» Manga

Eshwar_ - Mar 12, 2023

1 by PotiKayou »»
Mar 14, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.