Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 12, 2020 11:11 AM

Dec 2008
Felix-san said:
what i am afraid about HZD is the become another the last of us 2, announced in 2016 to be released 2020.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
The people who thought it was a good idea to censor games. Aka the diversity section on sony usa.

The likes of Anita Sarkeesian ruined The Last Of Us 2. The last thing needed is gamers like us guard Guerilla to prevent Anita from touching HORIZON.
Jun 12, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2016
ArabianLuffy said:
Felix-san said:
what i am afraid about HZD is the become another the last of us 2, announced in 2016 to be released 2020.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
The people who thought it was a good idea to censor games. Aka the diversity section on sony usa.

The likes of Anita Sarkeesian ruined The Last Of Us 2. The last thing needed is gamers like us guard Guerilla to prevent Anita from touching HORIZON.
nope. They are fine. They are not located in america so they are safe.
Jun 12, 2020 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
shintai88 said:
So space isn't an issue unless the games are all going to be the size of the hard drive.

cause PS5 is going to be running on best in class SSD's, potentially game file sizes are going to be reduced.......for exclusive titles that is. Games that are also gonna be on PC are probably still gonna have higher file sizes cause PC's are going to be the bottleneck in that regard (cause HDD's are still well used)
Jun 12, 2020 1:10 PM

Dec 2008
I intend to change to SSDs for my PS3 Slim 1TB and PS4 Pro 2TB. The prices in local markets look affordable in these days of the pandemic.

There are so many souls of gamers that have yet to get their hands on a PS4, and this PS5 came. Prices will look good overall.
Jun 12, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2010
I did laugh when they announced "what you are seeing is REAL playstation 5 graphics!!!"

But then the max stream quality I can set is 1080p...

I feel in previous generations the difference between console and PC was a bit more distinct. Now that PC gaming is where it's at, consoles are struggling to remain relevant.

Nintendo have understood they need to make their console unique to stand apart; and of course all of those exclusive IPs! At this launch event I really didn't see anything that made me think I really want this console. There are a couple of exclusives, but nothing that says to me the next generation is here...

and GTAV is the flagship ...Okay!?
Jun 12, 2020 5:30 PM

Jul 2017
Mol0ko said:
I did laugh when they announced "what you are seeing is REAL playstation 5 graphics!!!"

I feel in previous generations the difference between console and PC was a bit more distinct. Now that PC gaming is where it's at, consoles are struggling to remain relevant.

Nintendo have understood they need to make their console unique to stand apart; and of course all of those exclusive IPs! At this launch event I really didn't see anything that made me think I really want this console. There are a couple of exclusives, but nothing that says to me the next generation is here...

but consoles will still be relevant though? With next gen specs + price anywhere from ~500 - 800 you're getting higher end PC performance at nearly half the cost. Plus Sony's SSD's will allow developers to have more creative freedom (which i believe was somewhat shown in the ratchet and clank demo) unlocking way more potential, something that can't even be done atm with PC's given how the majority of people still rock HDD's
Jun 12, 2020 6:14 PM

Jul 2009
Mol0ko said:

I'd say consoles will remain relevant as long as they hang on to their exclusives. I know a lot of people who bought the PS4 just to play Bloodborne or the Uncharted series. PC's biggest exclusives right now are mostly multiplayer games like MOBAs and MMOs, which might not appeal to traditional players who prefer the singleplayer experience. I built a fairly strong gaming desktop last year, but my PS4 still sees a lot of use.

There's also the matter of price. Even if you build your own rig to reduce expenses, you're still looking at the four-digit range for something that can outperform the PS5. Depending on the quality, the graphics card alone could almost be as costly as an entire console.

Gotta agree about GTA V, but it's pretty much a household title by now, so I guess Sony wanted something everyone's familiar with to be revealed first.
Jun 12, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
ArabianLuffy said:

nope. They are fine. They are not located in america so they are safe.

Did you hear? Last of Us, Part II is a STUNNING and BRAVE masterpiece.

Go ahead, reply. I'm not going to read it.
Jun 12, 2020 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
The Last of Us 2 looks great to me. the main character reminds me of an old friend I hold dear to my heart.

in other news https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/12/21289100/ps5-console-reveal-conspiracy-cgi-presenters-sony-playstation
Jun 12, 2020 6:33 PM

Apr 2016
Mol0ko said:

I think you're way off on these statements. You are forgetting there is a large consumer base that consoles appeal to. And that is the "casual" gamer. Casual gamers who mostly purchase a gaming platform for CoD or one of the really popular sports games, or triple A games, are a large part of console sales. PC gaming is becoming more and more popular among hardcore gamers, but the casual fanbase is still relatively unknown to it. So no, there will always be a console market for the time being. Where will casual gamers play these triple A games? The switch has absolutely no 3rd party support to speak of. The playstation and the xbox do, and they provide these massive games with a generally cheaper price than what it would take to build a high end PC. It's more accessible, it doesn't require many knowledge about PC parts or components, and ppl just want to not worry about that. They just want straightforward gaming.

You did say there was a bigger distinction between consoles and PC gaming back in the day. But.. did you know the PS4 is the second best selling console system of all time? It only comes 2nd to the ps2, and the other 2 are handhelds. There is no bigger distinction now than there was back then between the PS4 and PC.

Consoles will always have a home as long as there is a casual market.
Jun 12, 2020 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
Not interested in the Censorstation 5 at all. Nevermind the fact that it's gonna be insanely expensive.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 12, 2020 7:10 PM

Nov 2014

love the memes about design

Jun 13, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2016
Welp. Easy choice again for next gen.

One system keeps on winning and showing exclusives. The other shows nothing but multi-plats and goofy features...
Jun 13, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2010
Skittles said:

I'd say consoles will remain relevant as long as they hang on to their exclusives. I know a lot of people who bought the PS4 just to play Bloodborne or the Uncharted series. PC's biggest exclusives right now are mostly multiplayer games like MOBAs and MMOs, which might not appeal to traditional players who prefer the singleplayer experience. I built a fairly strong gaming desktop last year, but my PS4 still sees a lot of use.

Exactly, exclusives are what will draw people in. The ones announced seem a little bit weak. I'm sure that will change in due time.

IHateKpop said:

I think you're way off on these statements. You are forgetting there is a large consumer base that consoles appeal to. And that is the "casual" gamer. Casual gamers who mostly purchase a gaming platform for CoD or one of the really popular sports games, or triple A games, are a large part of console sales. PC gaming is becoming more and more popular among hardcore gamers, but the casual fanbase is still relatively unknown to it. So no, there will always be a console market for the time being. Where will casual gamers play these triple A games? The switch has absolutely no 3rd party support to speak of. The playstation and the xbox do, and they provide these massive games with a generally cheaper price than what it would take to build a high end PC. It's more accessible, it doesn't require many knowledge about PC parts or components, and ppl just want to not worry about that. They just want straightforward gaming.

You did say there was a bigger distinction between consoles and PC gaming back in the day. But.. did you know the PS4 is the second best selling console system of all time? It only comes 2nd to the ps2, and the other 2 are handhelds. There is no bigger distinction now than there was back then between the PS4 and PC.

Consoles will always have a home as long as there is a casual market.

I would describe myself as a casual gamer. Sure the PS5 is giving better graphics at a fraction of the price, but as a casual I am still very happy with my mid PC as it can run all the games I play on high. I would definitely love to see 4k 60fps, but it's not essential to me.

Very true about it being easy to setup though.

I guess I am just a little disappointed with the whole thing. I am a big Sony fan and wanted to be like "wow! I'm buying that on launch!" but I simply didn't get that with this.
Jun 13, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
Miles Morales, Horizon II, Demon Souls Remake, Ratchet & Clank, Kena, Project Athia and Godfall are the ones that caught my eyes.

Pretty good lineup compared to PS4's first year. Should've ended it with a teaser for God of War II though.
Jun 13, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2018

Okay, now I will have to buy PS 5.
Jun 13, 2020 9:29 PM
Jan 2017
I saw the press conference or whatever the system looks like it's set to fail. For the 3rd time in a row I'll stick with xbox. I will never buy a Sony console again. All they make is junk. They never had my best console or best handheld of the gen. I pray they meet the fate Sega did.
If this mach is 700 they are done. No one will buy that when Xbox is 500 and Nintendo is 250. Nice knowing them.

All Sony has every done was copy. Copied the Nintendo basic joystick of the 64. Copied achievements. Copied Xbox live. Copied motion sensors. Can't they come up with anything new?

Jun 13, 2020 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
One, the Xbox Series X has not released a price, and considering that the hardware within the console is more expensive than that of the PlayStation 5 it seems that Xbox will have the more expensive console, so that argument is invalid.

Two, Playstation never stole the joystick from the 64, since if you had even a molecule of knowledge on the subject instead of being a illiterate troll you would know that the N64 came out two years after the PS1. To push the point out further, PlayStation was the brand that changed the industry from cartridges to Disks, so seeing as the original Xbox also used disks, using your argument you could say that Xbox copied PlayStation.

Concerning the conference, Sony displayed eight big-budget exclusives for their console with there being as many original IP's as there were sequels to franchises. Whereas Xbox has only displayed two exclusives (Hellblade and Halo), and both of those are probably coming to PC anyway. Unlike Xbox, Sony has more than two franchises in it's grasp that it can depend on.

In the end, I don't think that either one is superior, you should like what you like. But saying that a company should plummet into the dirt just because you hate them is moronic and insecure.
Jun 13, 2020 10:09 PM
Jan 2017
Kami_sama_ said:
One, the Xbox Series X has not released a price, and considering that the hardware within the console is more expensive than that of the PlayStation 5 it seems that Xbox will have the more expensive console, so that argument is invalid.

Two, Playstation never stole the joystick from the 64, since if you had even a molecule of knowledge on the subject instead of being a illiterate troll you would know that the N64 came out two years after the PS1. To push the point out further, PlayStation was the brand that changed the industry from cartridges to Disks, so seeing as the original Xbox also used disks, using your argument you could say that Xbox copied PlayStation.

Concerning the conference, Sony displayed 8 big-budget exclusives for their console with there being as many exclusive IP's as there were sequels to franchises. Whereas Xbox has only displayed 2 exclusives (Hellblade and Halo), and both of those are probably coming to PC anyway. Unlike Xbox, Sony has more than two franchises in it's grasp that it can depend on.

In the end, I don't think that either one is superior, you should like what you like. But saying that a company should plummet into the dirt just because you hate them is moronic and insecure.

The Philip's CD that Nintendo partnered with made CD first nice try you obviously are just making that up. Sega CD came up first too. Sony copied them. So try again

Sony copied achievements with trophies and they already said analysis predict the xbox will be $499 and the PS5 will be a hefty price. They should of learned with the PS3.

Mod edit: merged double posts
Mol0koJun 15, 2020 1:15 PM
Jun 13, 2020 10:15 PM

Jan 2016
The ps5 looks so uneven when you lay it horizontally, but ill put myself in debt so I can play the dinosaur furry highschool drama game.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jun 13, 2020 11:09 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Not at all. Sony had the better event by far. Really couldn't care less about fanboy wars nonsense about who did what first; it's all about the games, and so dar Sony's doing a better job at showing what "next gen" is supposed to look like even from the UE5 demo.
Jun 14, 2020 12:21 AM

Jul 2012
Both the PS5 and the XSeX are probably going to be selling at a loss so price theories don't make much sense in the grand scheme of things. I can almost guarantee the digital only version of the PS5 will undercut the XSeX and if Microsoft announces their price first Sony will gladly undercut them with both console versions.

However right now all the pressure is on Microsoft, they don't have half the noteworthy exclusives the PS5 announced and the 6th main Halo installment isn't going to be enough to push console sales in the $500 range. Edit: Although this last point is also effectively already answered because Microsoft said they aren't releasing any games exclusive to the XSeX for around 2 years after launch and every title will be playable on the XBone and likely PC. Essentially the only reason to buy the new Xbox is for the hardware upgrade but why bother if there's no games that require that level of hardware?
GamerDLMJun 14, 2020 1:28 AM
Jun 14, 2020 9:30 AM
Jan 2017
GamerDLM said:
Both the PS5 and the XSeX are probably going to be selling at a loss so price theories don't make much sense in the grand scheme of things. I can almost guarantee the digital only version of the PS5 will undercut the XSeX and if Microsoft announces their price first Sony will gladly undercut them with both console versions.

However right now all the pressure is on Microsoft, they don't have half the noteworthy exclusives the PS5 announced and the 6th main Halo installment isn't going to be enough to push console sales in the $500 range. Edit: Although this last point is also effectively already answered because Microsoft said they aren't releasing any games exclusive to the XSeX for around 2 years after launch and every title will be playable on the XBone and likely PC. Essentially the only reason to buy the new Xbox is for the hardware upgrade but why bother if there's no games that require that level of hardware?

Sony has no game to rival Halo like it or not. Even wikapedea said Halo is the only game of the past gens to reach Sonic and Mario highs. Sony has nothing to match it Halo 6 watch the announcement people was literally almost crying jumping for joy. Halo 6 and the price might be enough to take Sony.
Jun 14, 2020 10:07 AM
May 2009
Personally the PS5 looks fine not sure about digital only. so I am glad they are still releasing a console with a disk drive. Game wise Sony has had the best exclusives for the last 2 generations. The controller also looks interesting, Don't care for backwards compatible so not an issue. Games wise there were and are alot of titles to look forward to, whether they are ready for release is not an issue since i tend to buy after the premiere and hype dies down.

For me for the last generation, there was literally nothing for Xbone that look even remotely interesting or fun to play. There is also less of a reason to buy one as pretty much all the exclusives will get a PC release which will be better than the console version. Not to mention when they bundled it with a brick of a kinnect which got abandoned (kinnect was just a copy of the ps2 era eye toy and gamewise it had little function0. And this is saying alot as I tend to end up getting all the consoles at one point before the next generation, and the Xbone has not drawn any interest with any games.

The switch that I ended up getting is enjoying less time than my Vita.
PSVR was a nice add on and was a good cheap way to experience it on a console.
PSVITA was a great handheld. only thing that let it down was the pricey memory cards. I use this more for handheld gaming and for streaming games from my PS4.
Don't really care for PSN Plus or Xboxlive, since Online should have always been free in my books. So was disappointed with PSN Plus and no more online play. That said most online games have been crap so not much missed.

Halo at this point is just dragging on, The first game was great, second was a bad end, third... ending was fine, fourth can't really remember, 5 never bothered playing, watched the story online can't remember it.

If you have to rely on one single game to make your console sell than its going to fail. when you can experience the story via Youtube, or just buy the game and console when the price falls. No reason to support a console that has just one exclusive. Hopefully they will show more as time goes by, as its a real shame if they drop out leaving us with less competition.
Jun 14, 2020 10:14 AM

Aug 2016
The-Nsider said:
GamerDLM said:

Sony has no game to rival Halo like it or not. Even wikapedea said Halo is the only game of the past gens to reach Sonic and Mario highs. Sony has nothing to match it Halo 6 watch the announcement people was literally almost crying jumping for joy. Halo 6 and the price might be enough to take Sony.

That is true and Halo is a very fun game. So is Gears of War. Unfortunately shooters (the main staple of Xbox) is not the only thing gamers want to play. Xbox lacks variety and games in general. Slight graphic advantages, and media features aren't enough to compensate. But enjoy what you want. I'll stick with Sony.
Jun 14, 2020 10:19 AM

Sep 2018
I think what defines the console will be their exclusive library. I never buy any consoles day 1. My favorite home console is PS2. My favorite portable is the PSP then 3ds so far. Sony and Nintendo succeeding is a given each gen.
Jun 14, 2020 11:02 AM

Aug 2009
At least you're consistent. I'll give you that.

And now this post has lost its context due to mods merging the threads.
FacelessVixenJun 23, 2020 4:27 PM

Jun 14, 2020 11:19 AM

Feb 2015
@Kami_sama_

The original controller that initially came with the PS1 didn't have an analog stick (or rumble feature). It wasn't until a year after the N64 came out, that Sony launched the Dual Shock controller.
Jun 14, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2016
Yes, the xbox reveal event turned zoom meeting from home was definitely better than an actual well made event that capitalized on the strengths of Sony, the features of the PS5, and its games. /s
Jun 14, 2020 1:50 PM

Sep 2014
more like the failstation 5, psh. slam dunk for xsex and nintendosex.
Jun 14, 2020 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
The-Nsider said:
GamerDLM said:

Most people stopped caring about Halo after like 3, the 6th main game in a franchise isn't enough to push sales for a $500 console especially since, again if what Microsoft said is true, it will be playable on the XBone which is both cheaper and dedicated Halo fans will already have it.

Also it depends on the metric you're using to compare it to Mario and Sonic because Grand Turismo for example as a franchise outsold Halo and it's been a playstation exclusive, or The Last of Us sold more than any individual Halo game by a wide margin. But let's be honest if you're arguing sales Halo doesn't come close to Sonic or Mario, Halo as a franchise has sold half as much as Sonic. If you want a real comparable franchise Final Fantasy has sold more than Sonic.
If you're arguing critical reception I've already told you how most of your past arguments about that have been wrong. You said wikipedia as a source but didn't even bother to link what you're referencing so I genuinely have no idea what metric you're using. (Although I doubt you're arguing critically because if there's one thing most Sonics are not it's critical successes.)
GamerDLMJun 15, 2020 2:44 PM
Jun 15, 2020 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
LOL was waiting for an Nsider thread after the reveal

VivavideoUserJP said:
The ps5 looks so uneven when you lay it horizontally
at least the bois can stop putting their drinks on the console now!!
Jun 15, 2020 6:45 AM

Jan 2016
Korishi said:
LOL was waiting for an Nsider thread after the reveal

VivavideoUserJP said:
The ps5 looks so uneven when you lay it horizontally
at least the bois can stop putting their drinks on the console now!!
who the hell puts their beverage on a console? That's an accident waiting to happen.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jun 15, 2020 7:03 AM

Jul 2013
Still, ps5 sales will top the charts and leave, yet again, other consoles behind in dust. But what the hell, I won't buy it on day 1 anyway. I bought my ps4 a year after it's release, besides they're gonna release an improved version of it after 2-3 years like they did with ps4 (w/ slim and pro) and the previous consoles before it.
Jun 15, 2020 7:12 AM

Aug 2012
Shishou_23 said:
Yes, the xbox reveal event turned zoom meeting from home was definitely better than an actual well made event that capitalized on the strengths of Sony, the features of the PS5, and its games. /s

But what's with Sony's obsession with the buttons, it's like they hired so many animators to make different animations...
Jun 15, 2020 10:14 AM

Dec 2018
I saw some pictures of it today. It was ugly . It look cheap, like some Chinese bootleg =P Maybe soulja boy design it

But the new Xbox isn't pretty either to be honest . I will buy the Xbox as usually. I Liked the previous so sticking to it =P

Jun 15, 2020 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
I literally couldn't care less about which console does what better, I'm interested in the games.
Coincidently, I happen to have only Sony consoles. Go figure.
Jun 15, 2020 1:08 PM

Jun 2016
Appearance wise it does look like a joke but I thought their presentation was fairly well done for an E3 substitute. It still didn't convince me to buy it though.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 15, 2020 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
Posts #168 - #189 merged from another thread.
Mol0koJun 15, 2020 1:16 PM
Jun 15, 2020 7:17 PM
Jan 2017
Sony disappoints me they let me down. They fired all the all the good staff I guess it's over now.

I'll never get a another Playstation system. The PS2 was garbage, the PS3 was light years behind the 360. And the PS4 felt like a last gen system another joke. The PS1 was the only good Sont system. Even though it was not as good as the Saturn or N64 especially the N 64!

All the handhelds Sony had sucked. But the PS5 if the price is 700 it will fail. I pray they suffer the same fate as the late great Dreamcast!

It's Xbox's time. Sony has no game to rival Halo 6 wika even said Halo is the only recent game to be as big as Mario and Sonic!
The-NsiderJun 15, 2020 7:21 PM
Jun 15, 2020 7:58 PM

Apr 2015
All the "good games" presented were nothing but sequels and remakes.

I stated previously that I wasn't gonna buy the console if they kept up their censorship policicies but I'm honestly starting to get sick of this non-innovation-no-risk-play-everything-safe bullshit.
Jun 16, 2020 10:11 AM

Sep 2014
also I agree with the no IPS that caught my eye, i dont really like hyper realism single player adventure games.

if they get their hands on some anime IPS...then I might be more likely to buy.
Jun 21, 2020 10:34 PM

Sep 2007
It looks like Sony is trying to compensate for something. Believe it or not, the two most common questions I've seen since the reveal are: "How much does it cost?" and "Where the hell am I going to put this damn thing?"

Jun 22, 2020 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
Nek0 said:
It looks like Sony is trying to compensate for something. Believe it or not, the two most common questions I've seen since the reveal are: "How much does it cost?" and "Where the hell am I going to put this damn thing?"

Both questions seem stupid to me.
Jun 23, 2020 2:51 PM

Sep 2014
Kami_sama_ said:
Two, Playstation never stole the joystick from the 64, since if you had even a molecule of knowledge on the subject instead of being a illiterate troll you would know that the N64 came out two years after the PS1.

Maybe you should have done your research because the PS1 controller indeed stole the joystick idea from the Nintendo 64.

The PS1 controller looked like that at launch in 1994. The Nintendo 64 was released in 1996 and included a joystick. Then in 1997 Sony releases the Dual Analog Controller.

Well you wasn't born back then so you obviously couldn't remember. It's not your fault.
Sep 16, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2011
PlayStation 5 Launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/?ref-cat=254013

It's happening.
Sep 16, 2020 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
damn and Series S is $299
Sep 16, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2018
now this is epic, ive been waiting for this for a few years.

Sep 16, 2020 3:40 PM

Dec 2017
So the digital looks better and sells for less. Nice.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 16, 2020 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
thats cheap enough considering it will support Ray Tracing (or Global Illumination) and Unreal Engine 5 high polygon count
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 9 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
9 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
11 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.