Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 7, 2020 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Holy hell, the last few episodes keep getting better and better, we got noble phantasms left and right, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!
Mar 7, 2020 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
DeitysDynasty said:
lezerman said:

It's not that it's bad because it's cgi, the cgi could be looking good if it was well done, sadly that was not the case.

Youre kinda expecting a little much because its in a 2D anime and its a prominent figure
do you know any other anime which did it better?

You (kinda) brought a point I haven't thought about before, that the CGI is a humanoid figure.
I don't think I have seen many in CGI to even point one anime that looks amazingly better.

Not saying there is nothing to improve, I remember when Gorgon was first shown, they kept alternating between CGI and 2d close-ups to mitigate the ugliness, which almost never happens here.

That said, while the CGI is not pleasant to look at, it's the least of my problems with the anime.
Mar 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Really now? you gonna have to make me see Ana not just die once but fucking twice? It was raining NP's everywhere! they all be throwin it besides Mash, maybe they're saving it for last or something, anyways great ep! That OST when Ereshkigal was about to do her's was epic! iirc they did the same thing when she NP'd Mash and vice versa.
Mar 7, 2020 1:21 PM
May 2017
lezerman said:
DeitysDynasty said:

Youre kinda expecting a little much because its in a 2D anime and its a prominent figure
do you know any other anime which did it better?

You (kinda) brought a point I haven't thought about before, that the CGI is a humanoid figure.
I don't think I have seen many in CGI to even point one anime that looks amazingly better.

Not saying there is nothing to improve, I remember when Gorgon was first shown, they kept alternating between CGI and 2d close-ups to mitigate the ugliness, which almost never happens here.

That said, while the CGI is not pleasant to look at, it's the least of my problems with the anime.
think of it as giving this being who no regular person can go up against and giving her an artstyle which is also alien to the rest
Mar 7, 2020 1:23 PM

Mar 2015
DeitysDynasty said:
lezerman said:

think of it as giving this being who no regular person can go up against and giving her an artstyle which is also alien to the rest

That's a funny way to put it, I like it.
Mar 7, 2020 1:46 PM
Jan 2015
I know a lot of people are excited to see gramps in action, but what I'm really looking forward to is...
My Queens

Mar 7, 2020 1:48 PM
Jul 2015
Great episode.
I honestly like Tiamat's CG. I've seen way way worse, even within FGO.
Gramps reveal was epic.
Music choice during Kingu's thing was a bit weird tbh. We've got epic music all the way through and suddenly we have a poppy 'emotional' song that we've not heard before and honestly does not fit with what's happening on screen.
Other than that, it was great.
Mar 7, 2020 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
I certainly wasn't expecting Merlin to come back into the mix lol. Finally that mysterious gramps is making an impact on the story after a couple brief appearances.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2013
Skull Daddy is here!
Mar 7, 2020 2:08 PM

May 2015
BurntOkita said:
Everyone going on and on and on about "awkward script" "bad storyboard" "rushed" "too fast" completely ignoring the fact that ??? nothing was cut in this episode besides Enkidu's chains holding Tiamat for an hour.
Let's get this out of the way. Content wise, we are literally in the last 5% of the story with 2 episodes to go. Nothing major was cut, but rather small several omissions. This isn't a problem in of itself IF the episode had the same amount of care as last one(which also had omissions). This was still a good/great episode, but more so because of how stellar the source is at this part. This had potential to be THE best episode of the show, but I can't honestly say it's close to episode 18

Mar 7, 2020 2:16 PM
Jan 2015
JakkoFourEyes said:
We've got epic music all the way through and suddenly we have a poppy 'emotional' song that we've not heard
No we did hear it before,
My Queens

Mar 7, 2020 2:50 PM
Jul 2013
ImbalancedEmblem said:
BurntOkita said:
Everyone going on and on and on about "awkward script" "bad storyboard" "rushed" "too fast" completely ignoring the fact that ??? nothing was cut in this episode besides Enkidu's chains holding Tiamat for an hour.
Let's get this out of the way. Content wise, we are literally in the last 5% of the story with 2 episodes to go. Nothing major was cut, but rather small several omissions. This isn't a problem in of itself IF the episode had the same amount of care as last one(which also had omissions). This was still a good/great episode, but more so because of how stellar the source is at this part. This had potential to be THE best episode of the show, but I can't honestly say it's close to episode 18

Agreed completely. It's not about what's omitted. It's the transition and flow between the scenes as they were presented in the episode. They just cut from one event to another without giving breathing room and time to take in the weight of each event. Cut back to episode 18 and you see Benkei/Ushiwakamaru's conclusion occurring seamlessly with the plot to stop Tiamat and Piedra del Sol
Mar 7, 2020 2:55 PM
Jul 2015
-Mahesvara said:
JakkoFourEyes said:
We've got epic music all the way through and suddenly we have a poppy 'emotional' song that we've not heard

Oh shit, I didn't remember it lol. Whoops.
It worked for that moment I think (it was the episode during with Siduri protecting Kingu as a Lahmu right? I do prefer if they just kept using prover tho). Just not here. Didn't fit with what's happening on screen imo
Mar 7, 2020 3:34 PM

Aug 2009
JakkoFourEyes said:
-Mahesvara said:

It worked for that moment I think (it was the episode during with Siduri protecting Kingu as a Lahmu right? I do prefer if they just kept using prover tho). Just not here. Didn't fit with what's happening on screen imo
It fits a lot if you know the lyrics.
Mar 7, 2020 4:06 PM
Jul 2015
ssjokg said:
JakkoFourEyes said:

It fits a lot if you know the lyrics.

Lyrically yeah, but musically, not so much. What was happening on screen was quite dramatic and the song didnt have that same energy in just a pure musical sense imo
Mar 7, 2020 4:11 PM

Jan 2015
Lelouch0202 said:

At what point in Gilgamesh's epic is Archer Gil based on? Caster Gil appears to be the very end and he's far more mature and wiser but where does Archer Gil fit into his story. Both of them are supposedly after his quest for immortality right?

I shall answer this question of your dear fate fan.
Archer Gil and Caster Gil are essentially the same being.
Archer Gil being the tryant ruler before his quest for immortality.
Caster Gil a.k.a the first bro, a.k.a Lord GILGAMESH take my fucking soul it's yours, being the wise man after he returns from his quest of immortality.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Mar 7, 2020 4:25 PM
Jul 2015
StellarIceberg said:

Caster Gil a.k.a the first bro, a.k.a Lord GILGAMESH take my fucking soul it's yours, being the wise man after he returns from his quest of immortality.

Same dude, same..
Mar 7, 2020 4:59 PM

Aug 2018
THIS IS SO FUCKING INTENSE OH MY GOD, THERE IS CLIMAX EVERY 5 MINUTES, SOME DEUS EX MACHINA BUT ANYWAY IT'S WAY TOO EPIC TO HANDLE !

But still I'm mad they haven't gave a proper final bad-ass moment for Gil like an Ea or a Gate of Babylon even if I find Kingu's Enuma Elish a bit touching and coherent. Quite cool still because Archer Gil rather attack than talk but Caster Gil delivers the best lines and dialogues by far in this show but doesn't attack that much compared to the others.

Merlin entrace was like him, carefree and casual, doesn't give a shit until the end I guess but the timing was on point.

KING HASSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Mar 7, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2015
Ana's voice :/ whyyyyyyyyy

Gilgamesh protecting Ritsuka, what a man!

RIP Gilgamesh & Enkidu!

Merlin is back and he came back in style! Fou's reaction though caught me off-guard, sure hates Merlin's ass!

All these Noble Phantasms! This is great!

The old guy is back as well and is a Grand Servant!

To think only 2 episodes remain :(
Mar 7, 2020 6:26 PM

Nov 2015
IVE BEEN WAITING SOOOOO LOOONG FOR THIS AND OMFG HASSAN IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

We better hear this next episode or imma riot.
DeathmonesMar 7, 2020 7:02 PM

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 7, 2020 6:30 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! The battle for Mesopotamia continues and our heroes continue to fight even with their backs held up against the wall. Fortunately, unexpected allies help the heroes turn the tide of the battle, and this episode is filled to the brim with heroic last stands and noble sacrifices. This was an amazing episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Mar 7, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
HOLY SHIIIIT!! AMAZING!!!! WOOOOOOOOW This episode. The soundtrack, the animation. The quality!! Everything is perfect. 100000/10.

This is some top tier production Im so happy.

THE PRODUCTION IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy with how this was done. omg!! I cant w8 for the finale.

Everybody's entrance was perfect!! P E R F E C T!! The soundtrack usage. aasehwgrfieshgrhffah
Mar 7, 2020 7:13 PM
Jun 2017
ohhh yes, one of my fave FGO servant will have his fight next episode,, as king hassan is now ready to face the BEAST II tiamat...

and before that i just love the battle scenes, those NP's by CasGil, Enkidu and ishtar in just one episode... yeah...

and to those who are anime only-- Merlin and Solomon are (grand casters) and King Hassan (grand assasin).. yeah
Mar 7, 2020 8:21 PM
Apr 2018
Ana/Gorgon, Kingu, Gilgamesh... requiescat in pace.

At least the old man is finally here.
Mar 7, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
Gorgon's NP and Ana's farewell, Kingu's Enuma Elish full of feels, Gil being awesome, Ishtar's NP again, Eresh being adorable as always, Merlin's heroic entrance and KH's epic entrance.

This was such a great episode, so many feels, so many hype. I loved it!
Mar 7, 2020 9:32 PM
Mar 2015
To beat a god of creation you really have to gang up on her
Mar 7, 2020 10:05 PM

Dec 2014
I literally crying when Tiamat theme start until the end of the episode

When gramps show up holy shit I was so hyped up!!!

Hurry up give me the last 2 episodes already!!

Mar 7, 2020 10:40 PM

Mar 2016
seems like ep 21 will be the beginning of salomon at the rate we're going

BurntOkita said:
nothing being cut doesn't mean that what was shown couldn't have been delivered better. criticisms of script, storyboard, and pacing emphasize how the scenes are shown, not what was shown.
Aure0linMar 7, 2020 11:10 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 7, 2020 11:24 PM
Dec 2019
It was definitely worth the wait, it was packed full for 20 minutes! I do feel like the FGO mobile game got me hyped up even more though. Its sad that they killed off Gilgamesh but at least he went in style.
Mar 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Feb 2019
Gramps finally makes his entrance and delivers a death sentence
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 8, 2020 1:00 AM
Oct 2019
Anyone else gone speechless from Hassan-i Sabbah entrance? Cause I know I am.
Mar 8, 2020 1:10 AM
Feb 2016
You can tell how rush this episode when the characters talk too fast there's hardly enough time to catch their breath....and that cgi tho, oh well I've seen worse and wow, enkidu VA is godly ngl, too much feeling is poured in this one character and gil is soooo likeable with the most cool farewell ever! That last cliffhanger tho, they should end this episode with how tiamat transform into a fucking dragon, i think that'll be more impactful. Yeah! Merlin! I miss him so much. Oh yeah, poor gorgoana, her farewell aren't that impactful.. the only downside is the contents they cut and enkidu np soundeffect, that one hurts my ears. Should've just cut the opening tbh and

btw can we talk about how cute eresh reactions are, it'll be better if they include the ones where she's impressed there's flowers in her underworld
Anguish_one7Mar 8, 2020 7:19 AM
Mar 8, 2020 1:16 AM
Jan 2016
Tbh they rushed a lil bit in this episode. Everything, and Ana appearance was perfect in eps 18 but then she didn't get much scenes in the next eps (19th eps) like she just appeared unleash her NP then done, much to my dissapointment here. I think she should have a longer battle scenes like what quetzalcoatl did in eps 18. Then "Tell Me" by Millet isn't fit that well during the scene to be honest. Its suppose to be dramatic and sad but the song really isn't suitable for that. Well the lyrics do have the meanings but the music isn't suitable for that moment. Imo prover should fit better. Also wheres jaguar warrior lol? I think the eps should've just end when Gil protect Ritsuka.

Other than that, yes they did well with Hassan entrance but this eps lost much of its impact because of the rush.
AntoinneMar 8, 2020 1:21 AM
Mar 8, 2020 1:50 AM
Sep 2018
OMFG YOOOO THE WAIFU IS HERE YESSSS PAPA HASSAN
Mar 8, 2020 5:08 AM

Feb 2017
Best line of the episode (besides gramps): Worry not! it's only a mortal wound!
Mar 8, 2020 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
The criticisms of "rushed pacing" this and that are utter crap. To those who are annoyed at that, nothing of any major importance was cut from the original game at this point of the story, so you're not missing out on anything at all.

With that said, this episode might not hit the highs of the previous episode, but it was still bloody amazing. Gorgon had an emotional farewell, helped by the fact that most of her words had Ana's voice. Bless her... =(

Just to get get Tiamat to where she is now, there was a lot of noble phantasm attacks used on her. Gilgamesh's Melammu Dingir from the walls of Uruk, Kingu making his sacrifice by the use of Enuma Elish (the second use of Milet's song from EP16 made for another emotional moment), Ishtar's second use of her NP attack and the combined efforts of Ereshkigal and Merlin was all impressive to behold.

Speaking of Merlin, the reaction of his return was hilarious. While Mash and Ritsuka both were delighted and Roman looked gobsmacked, the only one who looked annoyed of Merlin's return was Fou. The little guy's angry face looked too cute and amusing! X3

Either way, Tiamat's new transformation looked pretty decent in her currant CGI form (no exaggerated bullshit criticising her CGI here, honest =P) and after all the attacks that pummeled her, she's still not defeated.

Which meant that the conditions were perfect for the one character that'll change things. None other than one of my favourite servants of FGO, First Hassan! His entrance and glare that he gave to Tiamat was as excellent as I hoped it would be. The next episode is going to be awesome when Hassan starts getting involved with the action. ^_^
Mar 8, 2020 6:28 AM

Sep 2015
Amazing episode except for the bad CGI but I can overlook it. That First Hassan entrance OMG! Can't wait for the next episode >.<
Mar 8, 2020 6:49 AM

Feb 2018
Kyyaaaaaa Old Man!!!! I haven't started the 7th singularity yet but I'm so glad that I know how awesome he is beforehand, now I wanna pull him out even more.
Mar 8, 2020 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
THE EVENING BELL HAS TOLLED THY NAME
Mar 8, 2020 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Why... just why... Gilgamesh, a King, would sacrifice/risk his life for a loser known as Fujimaru... in spite of Fujimaru being useless in his state anyway. Fucking assholes making Gilgamesh some side character. So who's gonna tell the writers that people would literally prefer Zero's Caster as the MC rather than Fujimaru? Literally, that guy has three times more favorites than Fujimaru... And you know, that says a lot about Fujimaru, as people just despise the abhorrent Zero's Caster. Oh man, I dislike the soulless-but-beloved-by-the-story Fujimaru so damn much.
Mar 8, 2020 12:32 PM

Aug 2017
twoego said:
Why... just why... Gilgamesh, a King, would sacrifice/risk his life for a loser known as Fujimaru... in spite of Fujimaru being useless in his state anyway. Fucking assholes making Gilgamesh some side character. So who's gonna tell the writers that people would literally prefer Zero's Caster as the MC rather than Fujimaru? Literally, that guy has three times more favorites than Fujimaru... And you know, that says a lot about Fujimaru, as people just despise the abhorrent Zero's Caster. Oh man, I dislike the soulless-but-beloved-by-the-story Fujimaru so damn much.

The anime may not make it clear, but Fujimaru helps and supports literally every fight in history, they even comment on how almost he has necrosis on his fingers from spending so much mana
As for plot reasons, Fujimaru is just our avatar in history, someone that anyone can identify with, who really evolves in history is Mash, who begins to discover a whole world and humanity in a way that she never had the opportunity
Well, in the current arc, Cosmos in the Lostbelt, Fujimaru is much more important in history , but it's still something that everyone can identify with
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Mar 8, 2020 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
Gordoxr2 said:
twoego said:

The anime may not make it clear, but Fujimaru helps and supports literally every fight in history, they even comment on how almost he has necrosis on his fingers from spending so much mana
As for plot reasons, Fujimaru is just our avatar in history, someone that anyone can identify with, who really evolves in history is Mash, who begins to discover a whole world and humanity in a way that she never had the opportunity
Well, in the current arc, Cosmos in the Lostbelt, Fujimaru is much more important in history , but it's still something that everyone can identify with
That doesn't justify shit. If he is able to support everyone with his mana, any other of the collected master potentials could've. The problem is that he is, as a character, just garbage—yet he is favored by everyone in the show as if he's incredibly charismatic.
Mar 8, 2020 1:32 PM

Aug 2017
twoego said:
Gordoxr2 said:

That doesn't justify shit. If he is able to support everyone with his mana, any other of the collected master potentials could've. The problem is that he is, as a character, just garbage—yet he is favored by everyone in the show as if he's incredibly charismatic.

They don't recognize him as a charismatic person, they recognize him as someone who recognizes his weaknesses and has gone further than any human has managed
Fujimaru is just a representation of the player itself, it is different from Shirou who was really created with a strong personality
He was not the person who was supposed to save the world , he was just a random guy to cover a number of people, that's why the servants respect him, he is weak but does the impossible to be possible by recognizing your weakness, it's cliché but that's how it works
HachannnMar 8, 2020 1:38 PM
Mar 8, 2020 1:51 PM

Aug 2017
But, well, I don't want to argue, my day was really busy, honestly
I just wanted to help understand his side, not cause an argument, I played all the singularities and many other things, I can say that the player really identifies himself a lot, and that's what he was really made for.
Not to be an incredibly developed character like Shirou or Hakuno , just the player itself
Mar 8, 2020 1:57 PM
Apr 2016
Gordoxr2 said:
But, well, I don't want to argue, my day was really busy, honestly
I just wanted to help understand his side, not cause an argument, I played all the singularities and many other things, I can say that the player really identifies himself a lot, and that's what he was really made for.
Not to be an incredibly developed character like Shirou or Hakuno , just the player itself
Gordoxr2 said:
twoego said:

They don't recognize him as a charismatic person, they recognize him as someone who recognizes his weaknesses and has gone further than any human has managed
Fujimaru is just a representation of the player itself, it is different from Shirou who was really created with a strong personality
He was not the person who was supposed to save the world , he was just a random guy to cover a number of people, that's why the servants respect him, he is weak but does the impossible to be possible by recognizing your weakness, it's cliché but that's how it works
Fitting for a game; whereas in an anime, that just doesn't work. That's all.
Mar 8, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2017
Yes, it can't be helped
I also expected more from him in the anime, as the game itself is much more active in combat and magic
Mar 8, 2020 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
twoego said:
Gordoxr2 said:

You mean that Gil should let the guy that literally supports with mana Ishtar, the guy that is directly responsible for slowing down Tiamat even a bit, the guy that changed an even worse future Gil foresaw, the guy that is the only person that can actually repair history, die...just because he isnt amazing by your standards.

Yeah, Fuck logic. Gil should ruin everything because Fujimaru "isnt better" than anyone else.

And they made it clear that there are no other master candidates around.

And yes he isnt charismatic but he is collected. He knows what he should do and that's all he needs.
Story wise that's all he needs.

And no people wouldnt prefer Urobuchi's self inserts as main characters that do nothing but act edgy for no reason.

EDIT: And I didnt know others can like you only if you are charismatic. Cant someone be just likable? Oh right they have to be better than normal people.

ssjokgMar 8, 2020 4:38 PM
Mar 8, 2020 4:35 PM

May 2016
RIP ANNA, GIL, ENKIDU, QUETZALCOATL you all gonna be missed dearly ;-;

freaking Tiamat is a beast of unimaginable power.
Mar 8, 2020 4:53 PM
May 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:
The criticisms of "rushed pacing" this and that are utter crap. To those who are annoyed at that, nothing of any major importance was cut from the original game at this point of the story, so you're not missing out on anything at all.
I'm actually confused with the people here saying that this episode was rushed. I never played the game before but I didn't think this episode was rushed at all...

Mar 8, 2020 10:01 PM

Oct 2008
Well even Enuma Elish wasn't able to do anything against Tiamat...
what? who is that death guy!? - alright i get it, i read comments and went to wiki...hehe
5/5.
matias067Mar 8, 2020 10:11 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.