Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 1, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2018
this chapter made me want to rewind time
Mar 1, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2018
We'll at least they showed a kiss... Gotta give it that...
Mar 1, 2020 3:07 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
My favorite girls didn't win (again) but I'm totally fine with this because Bokuben was way better than that 5toubun.
Mar 1, 2020 3:17 PM

May 2015
I thought this was supposed to be better than 5-toubun? 😂

Mar 1, 2020 3:25 PM

Feb 2016
there are fumino, asumi, and sensei who have good and fun stories, but none of them are chosen ... what a joke.
BadAnonMar 1, 2020 3:32 PM

Mar 1, 2020 3:52 PM

Nov 2018
Well (3x) it seens that the manga will going to the end soon its because the Nariyuki choose Uruka will become a future wife and is finally official that these two are become couple (long distance or short distance relationship, when the love is very strong for both of them. It will never broke into a pieces forever)...

And for those comments who always being argued, and hated because of their waifu are already rejected and they want to full support to Uruka, here is a little quote for all of you say:

" If The Stone That Came From The Heaven Direct Hit To You're Face, Don't Get Be Angry" because if you getting angry then "You Will Got A Heart Attack" ...

Be patients and accepted the result with no heart feeling...
Mar 1, 2020 3:58 PM

Sep 2019
Zrobins said:
Here's to hoping we get some sort of dark twist ending like Uruka's plane crashes on the way to her schooling.

this would be epic, realy, maybe the best ending LUL
Mar 1, 2020 5:40 PM
May 2019
Gadottinho said:
Zrobins said:
Here's to hoping we get some sort of dark twist ending like Uruka's plane crashes on the way to her schooling.

this would be epic, realy, maybe the best ending LUL

I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing if that were to happen.

sabishiihitoMar 1, 2020 6:04 PM
Mar 1, 2020 5:41 PM
May 2019
astronight said:
there are fumino, asumi, and sensei who have good and fun stories, but none of them are chosen ... what a joke.

It seems this is the year of the boring "genki" girl hardly anyone liked.
Mar 1, 2020 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
Mar 1, 2020 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
So disappointed that Fumino wasn't chosen. I just wished she never realized in the recent chapters that she was in love with the guy so she wouldn't have been in so much pain. I didn't want to see her cry. Ugh!

Sensei was prolly my second choice, then senpai. Uraka was my last because of how much of a coward she was throughout the series. Everytime she progressed, she would take 2 steps back by giving excuses.

Happy for Uraka fans but disappointed how she was chosen. Guess they just had to follow the chosen girl from the anime.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 1, 2020 6:07 PM
Mar 2015
Glad he was able to tell Uraka he loved her and they really kissed Fumio had to put her confession into her valedictory speech
Mar 1, 2020 6:15 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Story wasn't too bad, but I didn't like the way Uraka was chosen. Happy for Uraka fans.
Guess it's time to go to next Romcom and hope my girl wins... #Rip my girl Fumino.
KushHazeMar 1, 2020 6:20 PM
Mar 1, 2020 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
Best girl won. Get fucked, the salt makes it better.
Mar 1, 2020 6:17 PM

Dec 2014
So I officially lost this one... again. First Quintessential and now this... 2020 doesn't seem to be my year.
Mar 1, 2020 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
so a balance in life, my best girl won the other one, and this one, she was utterly defeated...... by a hidden, suprise flashback. -_- goawd that was unfair. not to mention the convenient spirit dad.... it's just so wrong..... damn i'm bitter.
Mar 1, 2020 9:51 PM
Feb 2018
Automatically this chapther has been my saddest but favourite chapter until now, but there is something bothering me since the past week;
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/6d75bf1dbdf4d8ef7e6c0661505109261cc2baf93470f87feaa139b83132aed2.jpg
I hope the uthor just be joking with that tweet but there deep is a fear of that the magaka makes an ending like How I Met Your Mother!?
Hope not, This ending is almost perfect and a tragedy is something too forced at this point.
Mar 2, 2020 3:47 AM
Jun 2019
The part where fumino said I love you deeply... Is it a monologue or she said it in front of everyone?
Mar 2, 2020 4:52 AM
Mar 2020
What was the point of fumino and ogata in the first place? they never even got the chance to confess.Fck i hate this ending they built up the characters of the harem only to get slammed down in one chapter
Mar 2, 2020 5:47 AM

Dec 2014
SCxItor said:
The part where fumino said I love you deeply... Is it a monologue or she said it in front of everyone?

She was saying it in her mind.

exile213 said:
What was the point of fumino and ogata in the first place? they never even got the chance to confess.Fck i hate this ending they built up the characters of the harem only to get slammed down in one chapter

They are pseudo challengers against Uruka for Nariyuki's love.
Mar 2, 2020 7:57 AM

Mar 2016
I’ve recently taken to binging Kaguya-Sama to heal my wounded heart, and let me tell you it has been a pretty cathartic experience.

It’s good to know there are still mangaka that can write a convincing romance.
Mar 2, 2020 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
Generic manga with generic characters and a generic ending, nothing really to see here. Mangaka doesn't know how to write a story, nor how to write proper character development. Wouldn't matter who won; would've felt uninspired anyways.

Nisekoi did it way better.

And at least 5tb had a very interesting story for most of it.

Bokuben was doomed from the start cause Nariyuki might've been the worst written harem mc I've seen in a while.

And can we laugh about how Rizu was such a non-character? I think I can count on one hand the amount of interesting chapters she had.

I don't care to finish the rest of the manga. gg

4/10
Mar 2, 2020 11:22 AM

Feb 2013
TLL said:
Generic manga with generic characters and a generic ending, nothing really to see here. Mangaka doesn't know how to write a story, nor how to write proper character development. Wouldn't matter who won; would've felt uninspired anyways.

Bokuben was doomed from the start cause Nariyuki might've been the worst written harem mc I've seen in a while.

And can we laugh about how Rizu was such a non-character? I think I can count on one hand the amount of interesting chapters she had.

4/10

Nariyuki is one of the best MC. lmao
Mar 2, 2020 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
Guess the mangaka wasnt man enough to go for the sensei ending. That sucks! Anyway. I'm curious how things will pan out now with all this long distance relationship. Maybe a time skip?
Mar 2, 2020 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
Nemesis16 said:
TLL said:

4/10

Nariyuki is one of the best MC. lmao
How? There is literally nothing interesting about him. Hes just a really shitty version of Keima from TWOGK. (As in both are nerds), but there is not much to Nariyuki other than just being super studious and kind to others. You see that kind of MC everywhere lmao
Mar 2, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
Literally the worst and least likeable girl won. I seriously wouldnt be salty if he picked anyone else except uruka. This manga really wasnt that special in the first place. I was only reading it because it's something you read once a month and move on. It's a lighthearted story where you can just skim through it easily. But the only thing that kept me reading, which is to know which girl he chooses, got thrown out the window and said fuck you. I really dont know why I even picked this up. I picked this up when it first got released holy shit.

It was obvious why more fans liked Fumino. I have seen and read so much romance anime and manga that I know it is more exciting when the story starts where the two main characters dont like each other yet but slowly started to like each other as the story continues. And I personally dont like tanned sporty characters. Well that's more about my personal preference. Well anyway, the author already heavily implied in the last few chapters that Uruka is the winner. I just couldnt say I enjoyed the manga after that which is 90% of how I score here in mal.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 2, 2020 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
miguelrexd said:
Automatically this chapther has been my saddest but favourite chapter until now, but there is something bothering me since the past week;
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/6d75bf1dbdf4d8ef7e6c0661505109261cc2baf93470f87feaa139b83132aed2.jpg
I hope the uthor just be joking with that tweet but there deep is a fear of that the magaka makes an ending like How I Met Your Mother!?
Hope not, This ending is almost perfect and a tragedy is something too forced at this point.
Was that google translated? if it is, there's a huge chance he's just seriously worried for that guy, because you know, japan has a high suicide rate. Maybe the meaning just changed a bit after translation.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 2, 2020 1:02 PM

Sep 2013
HueyLion said:
To be honest Im just glad he chose one of the girls, and not have that classic harem ending with the

"I love all of you equally, I can't choose between you all".
Funny how I was the same many years ago til I started reading chinese cultivation novels/webtoons.
Mar 2, 2020 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
22i is a genius! He made me drop the score from 8 to 5 in a matter of 5 chapters! What a madman
Mar 2, 2020 2:23 PM

Jul 2011
I don't care who will be with Nariyuki in the end just finish it already. I curse the day when I started to read this sh*tty manga.

Yeah, I understand you, but I can't write in English. Yeah, one of the most easiest language. But in exchange I can speak and write one of the most difficult: Hungarian :D - Akinek nem tetszik valami, elmehet Kukutyinba zabot hegyezni.
Mar 2, 2020 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
miguelrexd said:

That was the author showing care for the nutjob. So, don't take it as a anything else. That douche apologized in a follow up tweet. And that was Tsutsui saying it in English.

Information about the manga from page side panels and magazine information:

Chapter 150 will mark the end of the ongoing arc. And there will be a colour spread.

Info within the manga:

Page 1: Volume 16 (Ch. 133-141) and Volume 17 (Ch. 142-150?) will get a linked cover (already announced).
Page 4: Special Mafuyu Merchandises promotion and these will be available in Jump Comics Stores.
Page 8: Information about the second volume of Bokuben spinoff novel "Bokuben Mitaiken no Jikanwari"
Page 10: Information on Bokuben Anime on twitter.

The last page reads: I fell in love, with you. (yes, there is an awkward comma there which is not translated and there is no information on "In the next issue:" at the end of the chapter.)

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 2, 2020 7:16 PM
Aug 2018
Well...My best girl didn't win, but I totally love this chapter. Beatifull drawing.
Mar 3, 2020 11:33 AM
Apr 2015
Yeah, I'm really okay with this ending. I was hoping for Uruka, the second place was Kirisu and the third Furuhashi.
Well, it was definietly better than Fuutarou chosing Yotsuba in Quitessential Quintuplets
Mar 3, 2020 5:53 PM
Feb 2013
Saku_k said:
Wait, worst girl won?
That's disappointing. This manga has always lacked in romantic development. Too many chapters where nothing really happens.

Would have been fine with anyone but Uruka. Well, into the trash it goes.
Mar 3, 2020 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
Very nice chapter. I really liked it.
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2020 1:41 AM
Mar 2017
I wonder how many readers would agree with the sentiment that they would have been fine with how this is ending if ANY of the other girls won. Uruka was written to be the most unlikable out of all of them. RIP
Mar 4, 2020 1:52 AM

Jan 2020
Zrobins said:
I wonder how many readers would agree with the sentiment that they would have been fine with how this is ending if ANY of the other girls won. Uruka was written to be the most unlikable out of all of them. RIP

This has been bugging me more than it should frankly but I think most readers would have even accepted Uruka as the winner if it had just been done better. It's less about the result but more about how the story unfolded over the last few chapters. If more had been done with the MC actually assessing his own feelings for all the girls once the confessions were out that might have made a bigger difference. To go from being practically clueless to deciding Uruka was the one in just a few chapters simply didn't do any justice to the rest.
Mar 4, 2020 2:31 AM
May 2017
K-Lye said:
Zrobins said:

This has been bugging me more than it should frankly but I think most readers would have even accepted Uruka as the winner if it had just been done better. It's less about the result but more about how the story unfolded over the last few chapters. If more had been done with the MC actually assessing his own feelings for all the girls once the confessions were out that might have made a bigger difference. To go from being practically clueless to deciding Uruka was the one in just a few chapters simply didn't do any justice to the rest.

Well I think that wouldn’t have sit well with them either because then they would probably be pissed about how other girls’ feelings were being toyed with and all that stuff. The only way to make everyone happy in this sort of series is to have multiple endings like a VN with every single girl. Or the other best option is to go for an open ending and piss all the fans off.
Mar 4, 2020 2:51 AM

Jan 2020
Rtanvir said:
K-Lye said:

Well I think that wouldn’t have sit well with them either because then they would probably be pissed about how other girls’ feelings were being toyed with and all that stuff. The only way to make everyone happy in this sort of series is to have multiple endings like a VN with every single girl. Or the other best option is to go for an open ending and piss all the fans off.

Maybe you’re not giving enough credit to the fans? It’s been done before in other titles where everyone can at least accept it (I won't say which titles though as I don't want to spoil it for others). Personally I feel a lot more fans would have been happier - maybe not all but at least more. Certainly I speak for myself as one who would have been.
K-LyeMar 4, 2020 5:01 AM
Mar 4, 2020 3:16 AM
Feb 2020
Zrobins said:

Nop. It the total opposite I am dumbfounded by the reaction of the reader and their hate of Uruka or their disapravole is incomprehensible. For me at least. None of the argument expose convince me. It's like people didn't read the same Manga as me. If we think about it it's major performance of Tsuitsui sensei to create two Manga in one ah ah.
Mar 4, 2020 6:12 AM
May 2017
K-Lye said:
Rtanvir said:

Maybe you’re not giving enough credit to the fans? It’s been done before in other titles where everyone can at least accept it (I won't say which titles though as I don't want to spoil it for others). Personally I feel a lot more fans would have been happier - maybe not all but at least more. Certainly I speak for myself as one who would have been.

Maybe I’m not giving most of the fans enough credit , but there’s a reason for that. Yes maybe that would’ve made you and feel others happy but even if Tsutsui gives each girl a 5-10 chapters long arc where every one of them confess their feelings and ends up being happy even after getting rejected, most of these fans would still be complaining “why Uruka?!?”. I’ve read their comments on previous chapters and they always find something to complain about her and the amount of times I’ve seen comments like “The Worst Girl” or “The Least Developed Character” or “Least Popular Girl” that I had to re-read it again from the beginning just to see if I have read the totally different manga or not. Yes I’m not totally happy with how this happened and personally I would have been a lot happier if Rizu won but the amount of blind hate that Uruka gets is just moronic.
Mar 4, 2020 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
Even if the choice isn't what I wanted, it made sense and I love it, at least the author choose a girl other then some other similar manga *cough*
Mar 4, 2020 11:49 AM

Jan 2020
Rtanvir said:
K-Lye said:

Maybe I’m not giving most of the fans enough credit , but there’s a reason for that. Yes maybe that would’ve made you and feel others happy but even if Tsutsui gives each girl a 5-10 chapters long arc where every one of them confess their feelings and ends up being happy even after getting rejected, most of these fans would still be complaining “why Uruka?!?”. I’ve read their comments on previous chapters and they always find something to complain about her and the amount of times I’ve seen comments like “The Worst Girl” or “The Least Developed Character” or “Least Popular Girl” that I had to re-read it again from the beginning just to see if I have read the totally different manga or not. Yes I’m not totally happy with how this happened and personally I would have been a lot happier if Rizu won but the amount of blind hate that Uruka gets is just moronic.

True that. Although I suppose it's hard to be objective when passions are high. I do wonder how this was received in Japan though and if the feedback ever gets back to the author.
Mar 4, 2020 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
K-Lye said:
Rtanvir said:

True that. Although I suppose it's hard to be objective when passions are high. I do wonder how this was received in Japan though and if the feedback ever gets back to the author.

Tsutsui wouldn't and shouldn't care about the feedback on what he wanted to create. Once the milking is done, authors move to the story they want to tell (in WSJ at least). Tsutsui is no different. It's his decision and unlike many accuses him of, he gave enough hints down the line to show why Uruka is different from any other girls. Fans even denied the fact that she gets special treatment. She even broke the solo volume cover sequence between volumes 11-14 with a dual one with Nariyuki. But that's just scratching the surface. Her moments are totally different compared to others. Nariyuki vehemently denies that he is on a date with Uruka when casually asks Fumino for a date. He says "I Love You" to Sensei in the same game where he fails to tell that to Uruka. His response to Uruka's dream is so laid back that it's glaring compared to his charged up/enthusiastic responses to the other four girls.

Fans would have hated the manga even if the other girls confessed. At least Nariyuki is not gonna toy with their feelings like Trophy-kun from 5tb did with the other girls.

Besides, so many Uruka chapters ended with Nariyuki's monologues. Chapter 7 for an example where he started to think Tutoring isn't that bad thanks to seeing Uruka's enthusiasm. In the marathon chapter, he wanted to reach where Uruka was, figuratively, and literally chasing her down to overtake her before getting out of breath. Why cannot you guys see these moments?

Fans ridiculed Uruka for a long time. It has nothing to do with the ending at all. Sure, it may be rushed, but that isn't the main reason. Perhaps for you, but experiencing comments from r/ for over two years, I can tell that the hate is much deep rooted. They are just pissed because they treated Uruka like a filth and now she is revealed as the Queen of the story and they feel out of wits.

Also, Uruka was well on course to overtake Fumino in popularity had the manga continued without having the anime shoehorning Fumino with that adaptation. There was just 1% vote difference between Fumino and Uruka. Uruka fans are loyal. The proof is the drastic drop of Fumino's votes counts between official poll 1 and 2. Uruka had the least drop out of the four when Sensei steamrolled everyone in the official poll 2.

It's the new fans in Japan who picked up the manga from being brainwashed by the anime adaptation and wished for Fumino to be the winner. In reality, Sensei had always been the most popular with only 1% vote difference between Fumino in the second and Uruka in the third, down form 4% of vote difference from the previous (the first) official poll.
shanimebibMar 4, 2020 1:32 PM
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2020 8:50 PM

Apr 2011
Of course author should mind feedback. Story doesn't belong only to author. Tsutsui should look why are people upset and strive improve. Even if Tsutsui didn't make any mistake, he should take in consideration how many idiots is out there and make his writing foolproof next time.
Mar 5, 2020 12:30 AM

Jan 2020
shanimebib said:

Tsutsui wouldn't and shouldn't care about the feedback on what he wanted to create. Once the milking is done, authors move to the story they want to tell (in WSJ at least).

I'm not so sure.. is it art if there is no audience to appreciate it? Personally, I believe crafting a great story requires an understanding of how it affects your audience. Whilst clearly I'm no manga artist, I would think if you want your work to be appreciated then you should really be at least a little interested in how it is received. That said, this is a very deep discussion and far smarter people have debated it over the Centuries. These are just my musings and of course everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone.
Mar 5, 2020 1:13 AM

May 2015
@shanimebib It was also Negi's decision to have Yotsuba be the end girl, yet you whined incessantly about it. So the author's choice should be respected and he should ignore the haters in this case, but for 5-toubun, Negi should have had no say in his own story, and listened to what the "fans" wanted instead? You're not even trying to hide your bias at this point are you? 😂
TsukuyomiREKTMar 5, 2020 1:18 AM

Mar 5, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2015
Congrats to uruka. (Heh)

Mafuyu forever!!!!
Mar 5, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2007
Kotori-nyann said:
Congrats to uruka. (Heh)

Mafuyu forever!!!!

Thanks. But you'll be surprised to know about Sensei's fate in the next chapter! I am excited nevertheless!
Coronavirus.
Mar 5, 2020 7:37 AM
Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
Kotori-nyann said:
Congrats to uruka. (Heh)

Mafuyu forever!!!!

Thanks. But you'll be surprised to know about Sensei's fate in the next chapter! I am excited nevertheless!

Just found out best girl having own route. Satisfied.... ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 24 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 24, 2017

15 by Celestialshard »»
Mar 2, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 187 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Dec 18, 2020

71 by DavidM_27 »»
Apr 23, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 176 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

21 by _Zanga »»
Mar 3, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 44 Discussion

animefan8800 - Dec 24, 2017

9 by T0PP4 »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Mar 5, 2020

114 by _Zanga »»
Mar 1, 2023 5:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.