Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 27, 2020 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A heartfelt confession from Nariyuki with a lot of resolve behind it and a beautiful kiss ensures that Uruka is the only one for him.

Remember when I said the title of the arc should have been translated to: The Ephemeral Little Mermaid gets drenched to the skin by the Promised "X" and emphasizing how "drenched to the skin" relates to ecstasy and basically revealed the endgame being Uruka? Yeah, I am pretty confident with my hold on Japanese language.

The manga is now practically over. The next chapter will most likely announce the final volume i.e. the 18th to close anything that remained unresolved. Vol. 16 and Vol. 17 will also have a connecting cover.

Thank you for reading.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 27, 2020 2:37 AM

Feb 2013
First: Did not expect such a detailed kiss.
Usually they try to hide it as if it was as lewd as holding hands.

Second: Dear haters. * insert middle finger * Thanks for reading.
Feb 27, 2020 2:39 AM

Sep 2007
Great for Uruka.
Despite she was not my choice, i don't complain.
She deserve it, like other characters. :)
I'm happy for this ending !
Feb 27, 2020 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

seeing Fumino and Rizu crying really hurts

gg Tsutsui, 10/10 hack skills
Feb 27, 2020 6:07 AM

Sep 2017
well thats the end, cant believe i have to suffer for the second time after nino

FURUHASHIIIIIIIIIII
Feb 27, 2020 7:41 AM

Jan 2018
So, what was the point of this?

Also, that flashback is gotta be one of the worst thing i've ever read simply -1/10.

Feb 27, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2017
Man I wanna say a lot of stuff but whatever. Tsutsui should end this soon without dragging on. I wasn't gonna complain with Uruka end but the way Tsutsui did it with the last few chapters was pure bullshit.
MegamiRemFeb 27, 2020 6:13 PM
Feb 27, 2020 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
Tsutsui is going by lighting speed here. There is lot of people who complain about other girls not getting dedicated chapter to get rejected even .
Congintive said:

Also, that flashback is gotta be one of the worst thing i've ever read simply -1/10.

Prove Uruka is good friend and to set Fumino free fromserious pretty guilt trip. Isn't that enough for you?

As for flasback, I have to assume you don't read a lot and that you quit 5Toubun early. That was right choice.
Tenzen12Feb 27, 2020 8:41 AM
Feb 27, 2020 8:36 AM
Jan 2013
Can't wait for the memes, dont let me down guys.
Feb 27, 2020 8:42 AM

Jan 2015
Manga itself is a big meme
Feb 27, 2020 10:35 AM

Jan 2020
So just wow. That went downhill pretty damn quickly. Largely, this was really enjoyable up until the last few chapters. Not much to say that hasn't already. I'm not demanding any particular conclusion but the way the author has comprehensively dumped the characters with the most development is just mind-boggling.

That said, I think the fan-commentary might be missing a big piece of this: personally I felt Nariyuki himself was probably the worst romantically developed character - through 145 chapters the author has never really dedicated any time to him exploring his own romantic feelings toward any of them. I acknowledge the MC theme in many a harem is to generally be thick as mud but usually you can expect at least some development over time lending support to a some sort of sensible conclusion.

This shift over the last few chapters just doesn't make any sense at all. However, given what I've just said about the MC development, I am curious - do we know for a fact this is ending after Chapter 150 or is there some plot twist ahead that may see the series run for a big longer?
Feb 27, 2020 10:48 AM
May 2019
I joined Twitter just to tell Tsutsui how much of a hack he is.
Feb 27, 2020 10:55 AM
Feb 2020
K-Lye said:
I felt Nariyuki himself was probably the worst romantically developed character - through 145 chapters the author has never really dedicated any time to him exploring his own romantic feelings toward any of them.

Go reread the manga : i give you some help : chapter 19 ; 25 & 26 ; 35 ; 42 & 43 ; 77 ; 83 ; 90 and his consequency (91 & 95) ; 112 a big hint ; etc.

Ah, and it's about the so called under developpement too.

Naturally i forget some, to let discover by yourself.
Feb 27, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2011
K-Lye said:
So just wow. That went downhill pretty damn quickly. Largely, this was really enjoyable up until the last few chapters. Not much to say that hasn't already. I'm not demanding any particular conclusion but the way the author has comprehensively dumped the characters with the most development is just mind-boggling.

That said, I think the fan-commentary might be missing a big piece of this: personally I felt Nariyuki himself was probably the worst romantically developed character - through 145 chapters the author has never really dedicated any time to him exploring his own romantic feelings toward any of them. I acknowledge the MC theme in many a harem is to generally be thick as mud but usually you can expect at least some development over time lending support to a some sort of sensible conclusion.

This shift over the last few chapters just doesn't make any sense at all. However, given what I've just said about the MC development, I am curious - do we know for a fact this is ending after Chapter 150 or is there some plot twist ahead that may see the series run for a big longer?

Yuiga was falling for Uruka for quite long time. He did not get lot of romantic development with others, but that would be problem only if they won, wouldn't be?
Feb 27, 2020 11:14 AM

Sep 2019
Congintive said:

100% agree, this was so bad
Feb 27, 2020 11:23 AM

Jan 2020
Elverost said:
K-Lye said:
I felt Nariyuki himself was probably the worst romantically developed character - through 145 chapters the author has never really dedicated any time to him exploring his own romantic feelings toward any of them.

Go reread the manga : i give you some help : chapter 19 ; 25 & 26 ; 35 ; 42 & 43 ; 77 ; 83 ; 90 and his consequency (91 & 95) ; 112 a big hint ; etc.

Ah, and it's about the so called under developpement too.

Naturally i forget some, to let discover by yourself.

I’ve literally just read all 148 chapters over the last 2 days so re-reading really isn’t necessary and to be fair I never said the MC wasn’t developed at all, just the worst done. IMO there’s just very little sense to the way things and the speed things have played out over the last few chapters. If I’m honest I’m kinda hoping this is just the end of the arc and things will continue to play out for a while yet.
K-LyeFeb 27, 2020 12:06 PM
Feb 27, 2020 11:33 AM
Feb 2020
@K-Lye i hope too, but all is already set. Maybe two more thing with Sempai and her dad maybe. I don't think we have enough material for a lot of chapter.

My guess is the rush to the end was caused by the anime.
Feb 27, 2020 12:13 PM

Jan 2020
Elverost said:
@K-Lye i hope too, but all is already set. Maybe two more thing with Sempai and her dad maybe. I don't think we have enough material for a lot of chapter.

Always the possibility to introduce a new character? Wouldn't be the first time (ie. Kanako in Love Hina). Besides, it strikes me there's a lot of opportunity to explore the relationships with all the characters now the MC is finally aware. Anyway, ackowledge it's unlikely given they've graduated, but one can hope.
Feb 27, 2020 12:38 PM
May 2019
**Cough**Ahem**

Feb 27, 2020 3:04 PM

Nov 2018
K-Lye said:
Elverost said:

Always the possibility to introduce a new character? Wouldn't be the first time (ie. Kanako in Love Hina). Besides, it strikes me there's a lot of opportunity to explore the relationships with all the characters now the MC is finally aware. Anyway, ackowledge it's unlikely given they've graduated, but one can hope.

Speaking the anime title love hina (2004), I already that manga (whole story)... According the story, it was same scenario that they adapted to bokuben but the plot story is so little different... And I said that only the MC will be choose to a right person to become a future wife...
Feb 27, 2020 3:23 PM

Nov 2018
Why always being complained that Nariyuki already decided to choose to Uruka?? Did you not accepted that all the waifus already rejected to Nariyuki instead, they want to willing to full support for choosing Uruka it's because they already knew that Nariyuki and Uruka are the perfectly match even Fumino already knew from the chapter 6 - 8 (Uruka first love feelings to Nariyuki and Rizu accidentally kiss to Nariyuki)??

Here, I have some a little memes specially the commentators who accepted of their waifus are already defeated....

Feb 27, 2020 5:58 PM

Jul 2011
What a waste of time
Feb 27, 2020 6:30 PM

Jan 2018
Man, these Uruka fans reminds me of yots fans really annoying and yeah respect the authors choice lol.
Feb 27, 2020 7:55 PM
May 2017
Whoa my boy just became a man!!! But Nariyuki my man you better take your vitamins, do some serious workouts and start stocking up some blue pills if you want to keep up with her, if you know what I mean...
RtanvirFeb 27, 2020 7:58 PM
Feb 27, 2020 9:57 PM

Dec 2008
Wait, worst girl won?
That's disappointing. This manga has always lacked in romantic development. Too many chapters where nothing really happens.
Feb 27, 2020 10:50 PM
Feb 2020
sabishiihito said:
**Cough**Ahem**

This route is too difficult for the target audience harem romcom. Сlip thinking as it is.
Feb 28, 2020 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
So, it is now confirmed that Uruka has won. But Fumino and Rizu tears were sad to see. For Nariyuki to think about their support before telling Uruka his feelings, was a great touch from the author.

Will be curious to read the whole conversation between Nariyuki and Uruka.

The short interaction between Senpai and Sensei was really adorable and heartfelt.

Another one of my predictions of end girl/guy becomes true in a love triangle/harem (including 5tb, unfortunately). But this is one of the most satisfying ones given Uruka's odds at the beginning.
Coronavirus.
Feb 28, 2020 7:12 AM

Feb 2017
haha bad manga get an even bad ending, congratulations.
im not salty who won, the shit so rushed, biassed and not creative at all, a pure bad writing.
the mc get suddenly lean toward romantic in about 10 chapter because one girl he know from long ago confess to him, what a joke.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 28, 2020 9:10 AM
Feb 2018
Somebody just made the spoiler, i just came to post this...

miguelrexdFeb 28, 2020 9:32 AM
Feb 29, 2020 2:25 AM
Feb 2020
Let me tell you. IRL that youre childhood friend confessed that she loves you and that girl made you a better and happy person. Would you reject that kind of confession? Tbh for me i'll accept her as my lover couz why not? She made me grow and eased my pain when no ones around. Without her there are no fumino, rizu, mafuyu and kominami.
I think you guys never been in a relationship thats why you dont understand and hate the ship lol fckn weebs.
Feb 29, 2020 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
Congintive said:
Man, these Uruka fans reminds me of yots fans really annoying and yeah respect the authors choice lol.

There is nothing common between both groups.
Feb 29, 2020 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
Tenzen12 said:
Congintive said:

There is nothing common between both groups.

The other group cannot even prove why the winner of 5tb is the deserving winner. These Uruka haters are hellbent to see their girls confess, toyed around with their feelings and then get rejected just like 5tb.

Nariyuki is a leagues better than trophy-kun. And over the course of the story, all girls deserved a happy ending with Nariyuki but none is more deserving than Uruka.
shanimebibFeb 29, 2020 9:45 AM
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2020 4:39 AM

Jan 2015
Eyyyy, A-Kun joined the discussion
Pretty much sums up thoughts of most of manga readers

Nobody minds that Uruka won, it's how she won that is horrendous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBkrEYD9q0
Mar 1, 2020 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
ahh, the salt..

while it feel rushed, at least it's not spend on unnecessary dram...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 1, 2020 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Well gg, Uruka is definitely not my favorite girl but I already knew my Top 2 was never going to win anyway (Uruka is no.3), so I'm not salty about this.
Mar 1, 2020 8:32 AM

Sep 2017
I'm glad that was quick, this kind of development tend to be stretched until boredom.

Even though Uruka wasn't my first choice, I can't empathize with the cancerous fanbase. This is why the world despise anime culture, some vocal idiots take things too seriously, grow up.

Mar 1, 2020 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
enjay1 said:
Let me tell you. IRL that youre childhood friend confessed that she loves you and that girl made you a better and happy person. Would you reject that kind of confession? Tbh for me i'll accept her as my lover couz why not? She made me grow and eased my pain when no ones around. Without her there are no fumino, rizu, mafuyu and kominami.
I think you guys never been in a relationship thats why you dont understand and hate the ship lol fckn weebs.

Since when are they childhood friends again? They met in middle school. Also u r the last person who should be calling other guys weebs when u made a fake account just to comment this shit lol.
Mar 1, 2020 9:32 AM

Nov 2015
another disgusting chapter, the only good part about it was Sensei praising Ashumi, that scene was wholesome, everything else was utter trash
Mar 1, 2020 9:38 AM
May 2015
The rest of the chapters are going to be rejection chapters I bet. It hasn't announced an ending so I believe the new chapters will be every one else confessing with flashbacks and them getting rejected. If that's true it's gonna be painful ;-;

Hopefully not tho o3o
but really good art TsuiTsui~chan 👍✨
Mar 1, 2020 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
lol
I really can't stop giggling

This panel is kinda like

>Uruka, you're genki. But you're also genki. And you're good at swimming too. And that's why I love you

Seeing Fumi and Rizurin cry is painful. They deserved a much better resolution to their love towards Nariyuki.
Such a shame, manga was really fun untill like 110-ish ch.

Mar 1, 2020 10:52 AM

Sep 2013
It's a little bit lame that what led to this, happened before the series even started. But it could be worse. A lot of other harems got a lot worse than this.

And before people do the whole "you're just upset your girl didn't win" thing, Asumi never had a chance and Rizu barely progressed ever since they kissed 120 chapters ago, so Uruka was the next best thing.
RetoleeMar 1, 2020 11:08 AM
Mar 1, 2020 10:57 AM
Jan 2014
On the one hand, there were many, many enjoyable chapters, and I can honestly say I enjoyed a great deal of my time with this manga. On the other hand, I can't delude myself into feeling like the ending, and these last few chapters weren't rushed just so we can wrap things up.

I don't know the general feel here, but in the comments I've seen elsewhere most of it is about how the ending was written, rather than who won. My favourite being Asumi I knew she was never going to win, so I couldn't have given less of a shit who the winner would be, but that doesn't mean I didn't at least want it to be written well. This chapter itself wasn't bad. It was fine. The path had already been set, so this was a fine enough chapter for that. It's just the chapters before that fast tracked us onto an Uruka ending that left a bad taste. This was a matter of first to confess, first to win, with ghost dad's to push you on, and flashbacks to retroactively justify the choice, and the other girls fully accepting defeat before even letting Nariyuki know they also had feelings for him.

I'm sure there are people salty about who won, but I truly find it funny that people think much of the salt for the past few chapters is about who won, rather than how it was written. Then again, I don't frequent MAL forums much, so perhaps that was the case.

In any case, the one silver lining I can find is that I can respect that this was a manga that at least picked a winner, rather than pulling out at the end. I might just stick with more one on one focused romances and romcoms for a good while to come...
FrenzifyMar 1, 2020 11:01 AM
Mar 1, 2020 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
Frenzify said:
On the one hand, there were many, many enjoyable chapters, and I can honestly say I enjoyed a great deal of my time with this manga. On the other hand, I can't delude myself into feeling like the ending, and these last few chapters weren't rushed just so we can wrap things up.

I don't know the general feel here, but in the comments I've seen elsewhere most of it is about how the ending was written, rather than who won. My favourite being Asumi I knew she was never going to win, so I couldn't have given less of a shit who the winner would be, but that didn't mean I didn't at least want it to be written well. This chapter itself wasn't bad. It was fine. The path had already been set, so this was a fine enough chapter for that. It's just chapters before fast tracking us onto an Uruka ending that leaves a bad taste. This was a matter of first to confess, first to win, with ghost dad's to push you on, and flashbacks to retroactively justify the choice, and the other girls fully accepting defeat before even letting Nariyuki know they also had feelings for him.

I'm sure there are people salty about who won, but I truly find it funny that people thinking much of the salt for the past few chapters is about who won, rather than how it was written. Then again, I don't frequent MAL forums much, so perhaps that was the case.

In any case, the one silver lining I can find is that I can respect that this was a manga that at least picked a winner, rather than pulling out at the end. I might just stick with more one on one focused romances and romcoms for a good while to come...
Yeah, I can agree
I was in the team #nobodyWins but if I were to choose I'd probably go with Fumi since her chapters were the most enjoyable for me personaly.

But then again I have nothing against Uruka. She's a good girl, but the way this finale was written is atrocious. Painful to read, sort to say
Mar 1, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2018
>omg we know who it is now, can we just end it already?
>omg why is it ending so early? so rushed, why isn't everyone getting their own confession arc?

jesus christ people, just pick one lol
Mar 1, 2020 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
Very generic confession but it was cute anyways. I was not really expecting a kiss this soon though. Does feel a little rushed but could be worse.
:)
Mar 1, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2017
I am pretty sure the anime cursed this manga. :(
Mar 1, 2020 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
To be honest Im just glad he chose one of the girls, and not have that classic harem ending with the

"I love all of you equally, I can't choose between you all".
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 1, 2020 12:16 PM
Oct 2019
Why the hate?

Since episode 8 of the first season, we already knew that Uruka just didn't take the first step so as not to hinder Yuiga's studies. the chapter that she declares is exactly where the tests end, Yuiga always showed feelings for her, he was only focused on academic life, it was always in the manga just not to see who doesn't want to.
Mar 1, 2020 12:35 PM
Mar 2017
Here's to hoping we get some sort of dark twist ending like Uruka's plane crashes on the way to her schooling.
Mar 1, 2020 12:57 PM
Oct 2019
evoniee said:
haha bad manga get an even bad ending, congratulations.
im not salty who won, the shit so rushed, biassed and not creative at all, a pure bad writing.
the mc get suddenly lean toward romantic in about 10 chapter because one girl he know from long ago confess to him, what a joke.

"bad manga" 😂 cry more hater
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 24 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 24, 2017

15 by Celestialshard »»
Mar 2, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 187 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Dec 18, 2020

71 by DavidM_27 »»
Apr 23, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 176 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

21 by _Zanga »»
Mar 3, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 44 Discussion

animefan8800 - Dec 24, 2017

9 by T0PP4 »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Mar 5, 2020

114 by _Zanga »»
Mar 1, 2023 5:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.