Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 22, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
She says she cant sleep, she cant study, she cant do anything because she is always thinking about me. She is really unstable right now like she will say she misses me but also tells me to go away. She will hug me really tightly and kiss me and we would be like that for a while but suddenly she will shove me with both of her arms.

Her mind changes back and forth in just a few moments. She thinks that if I go away and stop talking to her Ill stop being a distraction and she can finally focus on her studies.

What do you guys think I should do?
Feb 22, 2020 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
Dump her and concentrate on your studies and other more important things in life, you'll find someone more mature when the time comes.
Feb 22, 2020 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
disengage from this relationship immediately
Feb 22, 2020 9:11 AM

Jun 2014
This sounds very familiar, because I experienced it with an online relationship with someone two years ago. She also said that she couldn't sleep, study, or do anything because she was always thinking about me.

Needless to say, the relationship didn't last long. I'd end the relationship now, as it's going to end soon anyway.

Feb 22, 2020 9:15 AM

Mar 2019
as long as everything in the relationship sucks its going well
Feb 22, 2020 10:12 AM
takodachi

Jan 2020
Sounds like it's on the verge of being a toxic relationship. If it's affecting your own responsibilities then I suggest adding some space but if you think she won't be mentally stable, then do so cautiously

π’«π‘œπ“… 𝒢 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Ύπ“‚π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“π‘’π’Ή
π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’
π’«π“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’»π“Ž π“‚π“Ž π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Feb 22, 2020 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
She needs time to fix herself and by being with her you are (unintentionally) preventing it because it's only making her believe that this behavior of hers is okay. I suggest you leave her, it's better for the both of you. Good luck!
Feb 22, 2020 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
She's clearly going through a lot in her personal life, and I feel like you should talk about setting boundaries and working to solve whatever issues she's going through before it turns into a codependent relationship.
Take care of yourself

Feb 22, 2020 10:47 AM

Dec 2016
There is only one correct answer here. Seduce her Mother while the Gf is in the shower or studying or whatever.
It is her fault she drove you into the arms of another woman. You deserve better! You deserve her Mother!
Feb 22, 2020 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Surprise surprise all the bitter lonely single people are telling you to break up. This is why you shouldn’t ever ask randoms on the internet for advice on your relationship. Now as a rando on the internet who is engaged here is what I think you should do...

Talk to her. Try to find the root of the problem. Does she have abandonment issues? If yes why is that? You have to become a sort of therapist for her. She needs you. She loves you? So be there. Let her talk. Listen. Encourage her to talk more. You won’t be able to solve all of her problems. She doesn’t expect you to solve all of her problems. The important thing is that she cares about you and admired you and respects you. I say you are a lucky guy and she is lucky to have an understanding man such as yourself.

You can help her and she can help you in future. You are growing together. This is a good thing. She feels safe with you.

Perhaps you are distracting her from her studies. That doesn’t mean it has to be the end. Talk to each other about ways you can cut down on how much you see each other or talk or whatever. See if there are ways to help her to focus on her work.

removed-userFeb 22, 2020 11:47 AM
Feb 22, 2020 11:45 AM

Jul 2019
You should support her, she is clearly going through some rough times.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Feb 22, 2020 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
leaving her would probably make things worse. but in the end, you should just do what your heart feels is right.
Feb 22, 2020 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
Sounds like a nightmare, why would you want to date people that can't even deal with themselves? Recipe for disaster. Sounds annoying as hell, I'd be outta there.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Feb 22, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Me giving love advice would be like Miyuki Shirogane giving love advice. Sorry, OP. One thing is definitely clear; she needs some space right now.
Feb 22, 2020 2:44 PM
Jan 2017
Imphie said:
She says she cant sleep, she cant study, she cant do anything because she is always thinking about me. She is really unstable right now like she will say she misses me but also tells me to go away. She will hug me really tightly and kiss me and we would be like that for a while but suddenly she will shove me with both of her arms.

Her mind changes back and forth in just a few moments. She thinks that if I go away and stop talking to her Ill stop being a distraction and she can finally focus on her studies.

What do you guys think I should do?

Unlike them you're changing the character to her when it's really you. I know she wouldn't tell you all that. Come on they can't see it but I can . You're in love and you're trapped when reality she is creeped out. Do yourself a favor and end it a one sided love is just as bad as not being in love.
Feb 22, 2020 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
^holy shit. that hit pretty hard ngl.
Feb 23, 2020 11:07 AM

Jan 2009
@Imphie: I agree with @FlowersInTheRain, especially when you are her boy- or her girlfriend. So do continue to be there for her, regardless of how your relationship will turn out in the future

Is there a possibility to maintain a business-like attitude when she has to learn, so you could support her by checking up the answers for her and just by having you to explain to what she's learning about?

If it's not working, then you can try to give her some space, while also reassuring her that you are always there for her and that she can just call for you when she needs you.
The thing is, she has to get that part that you are there for her on an emotional level as well, so that there won't be that strong withdrawal symptoms when you aren't next to her and so that she can concentrate on her tasks and give it her all
Feb 23, 2020 11:21 AM

Jun 2016
Sit down and have a heart-to-heart and mayyyybe consider seeking professional help, what you described may just be her acting immature or confused (if she's pretty young), but it may indicate and underlying mental issue of an unknown magnitude.
Support her as much as you can, nobody acts this way in a clear state of mind, especially with their partner.
Erg_OrgyFeb 23, 2020 1:56 PM
Feb 23, 2020 1:43 PM

Mar 2008
Talk to her to see where her apprehension comes from. Is it really her placing importance of studies over personal relationships but conflicted on it or did she go through some bad experience. If former you can help her study maybe. If later help her work through it by reassuring her and actually keeping to your words.
Feb 23, 2020 2:54 PM

Oct 2017
What you said is rather vague so I can't get the gist whether she is mentally unstable or just clingy.

I guess I could say it's BPD or something similar, which is rather considered by people who aren't educated with the disorder as "abusive", "childish" and whatnot, but I would need more than just evidence of someone pushing away someone they care about for that. Is she impulsive in a certain way?
People don't like to put up with it, but if you can and there is truly something wrong with her, then I'd do your best to try to support her.
I pretty much feel the same way, but I am not too focused on someone that leads to being unable to work on something and I don't always non-stop think about a certain person. Perhaps she doesn't have that many boundaries.

She thinks that if I go away and stop talking to her Ill stop being a distraction and she can finally focus on her studies.
I for one would like peace to concentrate if I'm studying unless I physically ask for assistance, so there's nothing wrong with that.
But then again, you did mention that she says that she cannot study because she always thinks of you. I don't get that logic.
Feb 23, 2020 2:58 PM

May 2018
Get away from her, she sounds dangerous and manipulative, also worryingly obsessive. The way you describe her going from depending on you to pushing you away almost sounds like she has some form of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). She needs to get help because she clearly cant handle relationships with people and you need to break up with her. If you stay with her she wont change, only get worse. I promise you.

Also it isnt your job to "fix" her or "help" her. Sure you can look after her, but shes the only one who can make herself better. You shouldn't feel like you have to stay with her to make her "better" because it sounds as though she will only get worse if you stay with her.
SeijatachiiiiFeb 23, 2020 3:01 PM
Feb 23, 2020 3:14 PM

Mar 2018
Leave that psycho and don't listen to an engaged man who still tries pick up cute boys who dress like anime girls, on MAL of all places.

say she misses me but also tells me to go away.
hug me really tightly and kiss me and we would be like that for a while but suddenly she will shove me with both of her arms.
She thinks that if I go away and stop talking to her Ill stop being a distraction and she can finally focus on her studies.

Honestly looks like she's trying to guilt you into taking care of her instead of showing affection towards you. If you're not ready to break up yet just know, never go raw in that bitch.

NGL another valid nterpretation might be that you're the creep. Trying to be unbiased as possible.
EsquirtitFeb 23, 2020 3:17 PM
poop
Feb 24, 2020 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Esquirtit said:
Leave that psycho and don't listen to an engaged man who still tries pick up cute boys who dress like anime girls, on MAL of all places.

say she misses me but also tells me to go away.
hug me really tightly and kiss me and we would be like that for a while but suddenly she will shove me with both of her arms.

Honestly looks like she's trying to guilt you into taking care of her instead of showing affection towards you. If you're not ready to break up yet just know, never go raw in that bitch.

NGL another valid nterpretation might be that you're the creep. Trying to be unbiased as possible.

If I want to fuck somebody tonight who isn’t my fiancée, I can. So no, I’m not trying to pick up anybody on MAL lol.

More topics from this board

» If you had the ability to bring what you envision to reality, what funny, awkward and extremely cringy scenarios would you create?

Entity72 - Apr 29

9 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» What is the point of forums?

cosmosreceiver - 1 hour ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends? ( 1 2 )

pludel2 - Apr 10

56 by Noboru »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you pushed yourself beyond your comfort zone

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

5 by _Nette_ »»
18 minutes ago

» Why do I have 500 profile views?

Shimiiii - Jun 20, 2019

40 by James19945 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.