Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2020 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest, I'm not the active type of fan, but I like watching fan art, fan theories etc etc.

Right now, the most interesting fandom for me is the SnK one. It is full of craziness(Sherlock level of craziness), but I really like the dedication. I like it because it has a great balance of fun(jokes, au) and serious(observations of little details, theories). Some of them can't resist spoiling, which in my opinion is a big a-hole move, but still overall it is a nice fandom.

In some cases, the fans made me enjoy the show even more. When I first started FMA, the first episodes looked really boring so I dropped it. It was thanks to some Roy/Riza fanart and some spoilers(sometime spoiling is good) that I started it again. And this time I enjoyed it. I have lost a bit of my respect of this fandom though, because some people don't want FMA to lose the first spot in MAL, and try to reduce other anime's scores. (which is another a-hole move)

One of my favorites in the fan art sector is my hero academy . I haven't watched any episode or read any chapter. I am not that interested to be honest, because there are a lot of episodes and it doesn't look that special to me (no offense to the fans) However, the fan art is amazing(I am sure I have been introduced to the majority of characters thanks to it). The AMVs too (this is also true for Demon Slayer, I have watched some videos in YouTube and they are freaking masterpieces)

I have mentioned only the famous ones(becuase that's all I know, don't judge me), but if you are part of an interesting fandom, please share it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2018
JoJo fandom.Nobody cares for the anime.It's just shit posting and JoJokes.
Feb 20, 2020 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
Ecchi fans are the best. Talking about best girls, best assests of anime girls and the like. Men of culture.
Feb 20, 2020 11:58 AM

Jul 2016
Dragon ball fandom.Especially the latin side of it it's great seeing such passionate fans.
Feb 20, 2020 12:01 PM

Sep 2018
I pretty much detest 99% of them, the least worse are probably the Harem/Ecchi and JoJo fandoms since very few actually take their shows seriously.

Most of the time the Fanbases is what makes me dislike a thing even more than it actually is the case, at least while i am talking to most of them, getting butthurt over criticism, absurd ships that are taken serious etc.

Feb 20, 2020 12:02 PM

May 2018
I'm not in many fandoms but I'll go with the JoJo fandom because of the memes.

SPRING

Feb 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Mar 2018
Gintama. I've never seen toxicity coming from their side. Maybe it's because they know it's not really a good anime and therefore never feel the need to make a big fuss.
poop
Feb 20, 2020 12:12 PM

Sep 2019
Jojo fandom for the memes and its cultural references x(

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 20, 2020 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure if you can call it a “fandom”, but I’ve been a part of our local yumejoshi circle for quite a while and I must say all of my sisters in crime are the sweetest and the most wholesome people I’ve ever met. Yumejoshi for the win!
Feb 20, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2019
Hmmm I guess my favorites Right now are the Kimetsu no Yaiba fandom and the Attack on Titan fandom, both of them are field with passionate fans and plenty of amazing fan-art.

If I'm looking for funny memes the fandoms of Jojo's and Berserk never disappoint.
Feb 20, 2020 12:19 PM
May 2019
My favorite fandoms: Mirai Nikki, Kakegurui, Kaguya-sama, Madoka★Magica, Chihayafuru, Steins;Gate
Worst fandoms: Every popular battle Shōnen ever, LoTGH, Tokyo Ghoul
XstasyFeb 20, 2020 12:26 PM
Feb 20, 2020 12:45 PM

Jul 2017
It's between SNK and Gintama. SNK for the reasons you mentioned and Gintama for being beyond chill. JoJo fandom is also one to mention. It can be pretty damn hilarious and get crazy creative when it comes to the jokes, it's amazing lol

Feb 20, 2020 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
mecha fandom because they are the most likely to have watched and grown up with very old series (pre-90s) and be more knowledgable.
Feb 20, 2020 5:16 PM

Sep 2017
Gintama fandom is great, really chill and nice people
JoJo for the memes, of course

Natsume Yuujinchou's and Mushishi's fandoms are wonderful too : completely silent and peaceful, not bothering anyone, not getting involved in any form of drama, no trolls or haters, simply enjoying their anime

They're chill. Just like Ginko.
DamuzenFeb 20, 2020 5:20 PM
Feb 20, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Trigun fandom is close-knit and comfy. But sometimes it sucks hanging out with them because it's no fun when everybody else wants to do this and that with Vash as well. :P
removed-userFeb 20, 2020 7:28 PM
Feb 20, 2020 6:07 PM

Oct 2017
The Fate fandom never disappointed me. Everyone seems so passionate about their favorite characters, and I generally have good conversations with any fate fan.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 20, 2020 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Favorite fandom huh... its either Dragon Ball or Gintama fandom. Both are fun and aren't as toxic (well back then the DB fandom was kinda toxic, nowadays tho they really calmed down, can take a joke) especially on discord and twitter. I have a lot of online friends now cause of those 2 fandoms.
Feb 20, 2020 6:24 PM

Apr 2018
Probably the Madoka Magica fandom.
In my experience, it's been a pretty chill fandom with very little toxicity and full of great in-jokes and memes (the recent Magia Record mobile game/anime has provided us with a lot of new material for those). I guess suffering really does bring people together.
Stygian_PrisonerFeb 20, 2020 6:36 PM
Feb 20, 2020 8:10 PM

Sep 2017
SnK and Jojo, both have their positive and negative reasons for me

also Kaguya-sama might worth to mentioned as well
Feb 20, 2020 8:42 PM
Oct 2012
Jojokes stop being funny the moment it leaves the fanbase.
Beastars is not Jojo-influenced, stop it.
Feb 20, 2020 8:46 PM

Apr 2015
Ecchi fandom, usually pretty friendly people.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 20, 2020 8:48 PM

Oct 2012
Best anime fandom: homestuck

Worst anime fandom: Steven universe
Feb 21, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
Gintama fandom is the best bunch of individuals I've come across
Feb 21, 2020 12:55 AM

Mar 2015
Tsuritama, because it's basically non-existent. Thus there's no toxicity.
Feb 21, 2020 12:56 AM

Jan 2020
All of them. You guys are the best. Keep being you.
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 21, 2020 1:49 AM

Jan 2010
Mirai said:
Tsuritama, because it's basically non-existent. Thus there's no toxicity.

No, I'm sad :( I barely fiind any good fanfic and people to talk..

Btw, rn, I think BnHA is the best. Sure, there are toxic fans in it (which you can easily ignore or block), but it's also one of the most productive and creative fandom I've met. There are TONS of fanarts, fanfics, doujinshis (and people that buys and provides the raw and people that translates it to many languages), fanzine (usually a collaboration of fan artists and fanfic authors, compiled into a magazine, then to be bought and enjoyed by fellow fans, unprofitted, basically made by fans and for fans), secret santa events, weekly events, gathering events, theories, character studies, memes, AMV/MAD, handdrawn AMV/MAD, MMD, fanmade animation, discord servers, even a fan created VISUAL NOVEL GAME. All by fans for fans. I haven't seen such dedicated bunch in a long time. And the anime popularity just boosted the fanworkds exponentially tbh. It's really bad for my pocket with the amount of quality doujinshis being released each few months.
Feb 21, 2020 2:23 AM

Oct 2019
JoJo fandom are the funniest tbh, and a majority of people there are chill
Feb 21, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2016
Fate fandom maybe? They don't bash other fandom like Jojo fandom
Feb 21, 2020 9:39 AM

Jun 2017
Love Live. Best fandom ever, they don't get triggered by anything unless other fandom (JoJo is actually one of the worst when people say it isn't good)
Feb 21, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2019
Fate_Saber88 said:
The Fate fandom never disappointed me. Everyone seems so passionate about their favorite characters, and I generally have good conversations with any fate fan.

This^^^

And also the SAO and Konosuba fandoms need mentions. I love so many animes but I managed to love only these 3 fandoms.

Fate is just so diverse that it seems like a smaller anime community of it's own. And everyone respects each other's taste. The SAO fandom is good in OC fanarts and I can literally stare at a great art for minutes. The SAO fandom is really nice as well. So many waifus but they don't behave like the Re Zero fans at all. And last but not the least, the Konosuba fandom feels literally like a meme community. There is so much fun going on in the community that gives justice to the comic nature of the anime. And they also many waifus but don't behave like the Re Zero fans.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 21, 2020 9:49 AM
Feb 2019
Any fandom becomes a favorite to me that doesn't go beyond crazy, absurd (atleast not in a way that it affects the majority image), can accept the flaw of the content it's based on, has mostly competent people you can talk with, doesn't take itself too seriously and shows some passion by doing not zero-effort contents.
Feb 21, 2020 11:10 AM

Jan 2018
Any fandom is alright, but I don't have a favourite since I'm lowkey not interested in that shit

Worse would probably be.. My Hero Academia

Feb 21, 2020 11:13 AM

Sep 2008
I watch anime instead of interacting with specific fandoms.
do doujin artists count as a fandom?
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 21, 2020 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Any fandom is alright. Except for die hard Naruto and fujoshi fandoms.
Feb 22, 2020 3:34 AM
Jan 2019
I'd have to say Gintama,Haikyuu and I'm gonna be careful with this one,Killing stalking. Gintama and Haikyuu are very chill,generally no one gets attacked for no reason,they produce healthy discussions (and A+ memes). People just have fun.

Now,admittedly,I'm being a bit biased with the Killing stalking one. When the manhwa was still running,I found myself surrounded by amazing fanart,crazily creative theories (those are my favorite),whole psychology themed discussions (and the memes were golden). Yes,some people were really believing that Yoon Bum and Sangwoo were a "good" ship and went out of their way to harass other people about it,but that was just a small percent,at least from my experience. On the contrary,most of people I met were really nice.
Nutella71Feb 22, 2020 3:37 AM
Feb 22, 2020 3:58 AM

Jan 2013
I love the Ashita no Joe fandom, they're the best
Feb 22, 2020 4:10 AM

Oct 2018
Klad said:
I love the Ashita no Joe fandom, they're the best
it has a fandom? Never seen many people talking about that series these days.
Feb 22, 2020 5:03 AM
Aug 2018
aot fandom is simply the best
they are either intellectuals or mentally sick people who want to watch the world burn which is awesome
AoT > anime
Feb 22, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2019
bruh attack on titan fans in 2014 were a different breed it's funny how you think that's the best one.

but for me, probably houseki no kuni (everyone's too depressed to get toxic or angry anyway)

great theories, BEAUTIFUL art, and everyone's just nice and chill. also, they tend to be the nicest people
Feb 22, 2020 6:55 AM
Oct 2018
JoJo as mentioned above for memes and shitposting.

Onr Piece has always has some cool fan theories drifting around.
Feb 22, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2019
Nutella71 said:
I'd have to say Gintama,Haikyuu and I'm gonna be careful with this one,Killing stalking. Gintama and Haikyuu are very chill,generally no one gets attacked for no reason,they produce healthy discussions (and A+ memes). People just have fun.

Now,admittedly,I'm being a bit biased with the Killing stalking one. When the manhwa was still running,I found myself surrounded by amazing fanart,crazily creative theories (those are my favorite),whole psychology themed discussions (and the memes were golden). Yes,some people were really believing that Yoon Bum and Sangwoo were a "good" ship and went out of their way to harass other people about it,but that was just a small percent,at least from my experience. On the contrary,most of people I met were really nice.

KILLING STALKING SDWJDWKJDKJDSKJ. IM SORRY WHENEVER I THINK ABOUT THE KS FANDOM I CAN ONLY THINK OF THIS VIDEO

this video haunts me.
Feb 22, 2020 9:39 AM
Jan 2019
fuckgendo said:
Nutella71 said:

KILLING STALKING SDWJDWKJDKJDSKJ. IM SORRY WHENEVER I THINK ABOUT THE KS FANDOM I CAN ONLY THINK OF THIS VIDEO

this video haunts me.
I mean...where is the lie though? *wheeze* Fun fact actually,I was having an exam on uni and the thought of Yoon Bum strolling around the house on the chair washing the dishes and all that jazz with this exact song struck me and for a solid minute I could not concentrate on the physics of buoyancy.
Feb 22, 2020 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
Dragon Ball Z's fandom at its best is just so infectiously enthusiastic.
Take care of yourself

Feb 22, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Evangelion, to be honest. The more positive communities within the fandom really stand out for me. Everyone is super nice, understanding and open to anything from serious interpretative discussions to memes. It also produced a genuine masterpiece of a story called Evangelion: Genocide. Right up there in my heart with the original series and End; made me love them even more.
Feb 22, 2020 1:40 PM

Dec 2019
Almost all of the fandoms for the series I like scare me. I don't want to get involved with those people ever.
Mar 20, 2020 3:10 AM

Jan 2020
Jojo (because the jokes) Evangelion (same reason like Jojo) konosuba (fanart)
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Mar 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Oct 2018
FMA fandom my favorite. FMA fandom no hate other anime. FMA fandom respect other fandom. FMA fandom so good. FMA fandom so nice. FMA fandom so FMA.
Mar 20, 2020 3:34 AM

Jun 2016
Aikatsu! because most of them are cute girls. I love cute girls
Mar 20, 2020 3:52 AM

Aug 2019
Eva fandom for all the clown theories they produce on a daily basis
Mar 20, 2020 5:11 AM

Dec 2019
Akatsuki no Yona fandom is really good, I've never really seen any shipping wars or people being rude to others :) I mean there are people who love Soo-won and ship him with Yona but there are no toxic clashes like what I've seen with other series.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 60 minutes ago

13 by LightWorker »»
1 minute ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

78 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
2 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 4 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

53 by Shizuna »»
5 minutes ago

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - 24 minutes ago

2 by Atm0SS »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.