3It was OK
20.0%
2Disliked it
12.0%
1Hated it
7.0%
Average 3.7
100 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New rare item huh? Not bad Ray.

Looks like Nemesis also made a new rival. That Cyco girl is so brutally honest LOL. In regards to Ray's new item, it seems this show follows some of the standard mechanics of RPG where to use an item, they need to meet some requirements.

Ray's still got a lot to learn...
Stark700Feb 6, 2020 7:52 AM
Feb 6, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2016
Thats it, mc-kun is dead, its time for Lelouch to take over.
Feb 6, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Unless a series itself is themed around it, one thing I really dislike seeing is mechas shoved into a fantasy world setting. Feels completely out of place.

His outfit, I didn't think it could get any uglier with the gloves but then he decides to buy a hideous coat.

I thought Plunderer's visual quality took a big dip, this show took a just as big of one if not bigger. So many bad faces this episode.
Feb 6, 2020 8:27 AM
Jun 2016
Paul said:
Unless a series itself is themed around it, one thing I really dislike seeing is mechas shoved into a fantasy world setting. Feels completely out of place.

His outfit, I didn't think it could get any uglier with the gloves but then he decides to buy a hideous coat.

I thought Plunderer's visual quality took a big dip, this show took a just as big of one if not bigger. So many bad faces this episode.

What?
The first time you see mecha in the fantasy show lol
Even after battle ship in ep 3 you still surprise that we have a mobile suit
Feb 6, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2008
Papopitoad said:
Paul said:

What?

What do you mean 'what'? They never showed the actual ship. The first thing you think in a fantasy scenario about a battleship reigning down fire storms is just your typical large sail ship flying with some typical magic power source or something along those lines. Are you telling me the ship is a futuristic high tech battleship that also feels completely out of place?
Feb 6, 2020 9:14 AM
Jun 2016
Paul said:
Papopitoad said:

What?

What do you mean 'what'? They never showed the actual ship. The first thing you think in a fantasy scenario about a battleship reigning down fire storms is just your typical large sail ship flying with some typical magic power source or something along those lines. Are you telling me the ship is a futuristic high tech battleship that also feels completely out of place?

Why you surprise lol

We have a gatling gun and a tank

Oh wait!they never show a tank in anime

And why are you surprise about high tech since we have a country with high technology in the first introduce the world in game

Oh wait! They cut that part in the main anime

Anyway a high tech in a fantasy show is a common thing
Don't need to surprise like that
Feb 6, 2020 9:53 AM

Dec 2017
Ok, question to those who read the source: will it get better or will it stay a completely dull and generic experience? I think I already know the answer, but still would like to hear what people say.
Feb 6, 2020 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Ray. That was unexpected tbh.

Feb 6, 2020 11:29 AM

Nov 2016
The animation was pretty bad ngl.
Feb 6, 2020 12:21 PM

May 2018
So, what that Hugo was trying to say was that, the game isn't just a game but something like that STL in SAO Alicization...am I right????

So, is Ray dead????? Humm, since this anime still has more episodes to go, I jaz don't think so, not by a long shot...............
Feb 6, 2020 1:33 PM

Jan 2008
Papopitoad said:
Paul said:

Why you surprise lol

We have a gatling gun and a tank

Oh wait!they never show a tank in anime

And why are you surprise about high tech since we have a country with high technology in the first introduce the world in game

Oh wait! They cut that part in the main anime

Anyway a high tech in a fantasy show is a common thing
Don't need to surprise like that

Surprised? More like bothered at the fact the show is making itself to be a bigger mess each episode. Whether it be sarcasm or not, your post more or less just tells me how even more awful this adaption is at providing context, exposition and any important details about its world than I originally thought.
Feb 6, 2020 1:52 PM

Jun 2017
Wtf Ray went full furry. At least Hugo is cool with his robo waifu xD.
Feb 6, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Trying to recall the last time I saw a mecha in Anime, that's been a while. Didn't expect it here though. Cyco is cute though. Gotta love that pronounce XD
Feb 6, 2020 2:49 PM

Jul 2017
Woah was not expecting Hugo's VA to be Ayumu Murase tbh

And man, I've never seen an uglier isekai protag's outfit than this one lmao
Feb 6, 2020 4:29 PM

May 2014
slavemaster_1991 said:
Ok, question to those who read the source: will it get better or will it stay a completely dull and generic experience? I think I already know the answer, but still would like to hear what people say.
Actually, I think volume 2 (which is where the anime is) is probably either the worst in the whole novel or at least pretty close. So this episode (or possibly the next one) might be the literal rock bottom.

It will probably get a bit better near the end of the season (volumes 4-5 especially), but it still won't become actually good or anything, so it is best not to get too hyped either.
Feb 6, 2020 5:12 PM

Apr 2014
slavemaster_1991 said:

Anime would be trash either way, due to pacing issue, which would make the later parts utter trainwreck.

In terms of source story, vol 3-5 is the major event, but it is also the part with requiring way more episodes than this show is given. There are great and amazing parts of the source that I am 100% sure they would cut out due to time constraint or do a horrible job explaining.

So either read the source or just drop it.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 6, 2020 7:36 PM
Jan 2017
Infinite Dendrogram is one of those shows that if you give it enough time, it will become awesome. It's taking baby steps to do just that, but at least it's making progress. The visual quality dropped a bit in the early part of the episode, but what really kept me engaged is the episode's ability to balance comedy and seriousness. We get a few scenes of Ray having an exceptionally bad luck and Hugo getting his butt handed to him, and much later, we see them discussing whether or not the NPCs are really living people, and later still, we see Ray having to put a bunch of undead children out of their misery. I'm glad to see that the show can be dark and gritty when it needs to be without coming off as gratuitous and these moments gives the characters so much pathos. You care about them and you feel for them and the situations they're in.
Feb 6, 2020 7:56 PM

Feb 2019
Idc what anyone says I really enjoy this show. It's really fun and the characters and their interactions are cool to see. I personally like this a lot more than Bofuri.
Feb 6, 2020 9:40 PM

May 2019
A decent episode, although generic. Seeing Ray grasp the nuances and gritty realism of the world was interesting

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 7, 2020 1:53 AM
Sep 2017
They really going with two episode ... what will happen to the climax of the first arc??

The fight is meh, not like what was described in the novel imo
Feb 7, 2020 5:53 AM

Jul 2017
Meeting an acquaintance like Hugo is pretty much a guaranteed for Ray and Nemesis, but the real world effects are tame to a liking similarity on SAO with the STL Fluctlight humanised methodology.

But man, the fight scenes are lame with sloppy animation, and Hugo's "stronger but weak" facade with his Embryo Cyco/Cocytus are leading the way.

With Ray and Nemesis however, getting killed right at the end doesn't bode a lot of wayward emotions...what's truly happening now is a total mystery.
Feb 7, 2020 10:31 AM

Dec 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
Trying to recall the last time I saw a mecha in Anime, that's been a while. Didn't expect it here though. Cyco is cute though. Gotta love that pronounce XD

Eizouken had episode focused about mecha like 4~5 days earlier. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 7, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2015
Nieznajomy43 said:
CeddyyBearr said:

If only I wasn't sleeping on that Anime right now... :s
Feb 7, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

If only I wasn't sleeping on that Anime right now... :s

I don't understand what you meant by "sleeping on that Anime" but I really recommend you to watch. :)

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 8, 2020 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
I thought this anime was bad already and then a random mecha appeared, insta-drop.
Feb 10, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
6/10
Feb 11, 2020 6:25 AM

Feb 2012
Lol I like to check back on anime I drop to see what the general opinion is later on.

From these comments, I'm gathering that it gets no better.
Feb 16, 2020 3:41 AM

Oct 2017
This was cruel, those poor children were killed and even used to make zombies. Hugo's embryo is cute.
Feb 20, 2020 4:16 PM
Feb 2018
I like ray as a character he reminds me of souta from death march to a parallel world or touya from in another world with my smartphone
Feb 21, 2020 4:34 PM

Feb 2018
Woahhh they get horse xD.
Feb 24, 2020 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
MegamiRem said:
This was cruel, those poor children were killed and even used to make zombies. Hugo's embryo is cute.

What's more interesting is... they showed skeleton/ zombie kids, then showed kids in carts.

But apparently also showed kids head being eaten...

now question is... how are the skeleton/ zombie kids still with head when their head is supposedly already eaten and is in the cow dude's bag? do the dead kids regain their severed head after becoming an undead?

In my view, the undead should of been headless skeleton/ zombies instead.

___ ___ ___

Also, hmm... majority of the Maiden type doesn't think it's a game, that's understandable, since you interact directly with the Maiden. Unlike you would have done for inanimate objects like weapons and such. (unless you have a fetish)

Tho personally, in a game like this and any MMORPG game, you should treat it like you usually do regardless of what you think about the game. IE: helping innocents, killing baddies.

Since most MMORPG settings are all made from Real world POVs in what's right and wrong.

___ ___ ___

Other note, GOD DAMMIT... they also have a Gachapon in this game... I frikin hate Lootboxes...

___ ___ ___

Other Other note... Nemesis is still adorable. And there's nothing wrong with being a Loli, stupid ppls downplay being a Loli as a bad thing, it sucks.

(it's the reason why Japan's birth rate is going down, since ppls don't get with Lolis (which is 80% of Japan girls... as Asians are typically shorter than Westerners by genetics) (and the whole reason why ppls think bad about Lolis is also due to westerners... who thinks anything about Loli must be referring to Pedophile... which it isn't...)

If I had a Maiden, I would have chosen a cute loli too, instead of fatass "Thicc" that normies go for.
amlgFeb 24, 2020 4:35 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 29, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
Decent episode. I'm surprised about the ending really.

There's a noticeable drop in quality. But what bothered me more is Ray's coat. I prefer his previous clothes. Also nice to see another loli besides Nemesis. Also info about how Maiden types are chosen is interesting. Both Hugo and Ray are lucky.
Apr 12, 2020 8:19 AM

Aug 2017
Japan and its obsession with mecha were noted in this episode. Looks like that the bad guys really dislike kids lol. New characters are cool.

Wtf that ending, Ray was attacked by that kid.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2020 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
I think at this point in time Ray has activated more cheats that the mc of Isekai cheat Magician

Well stuff got pretty dark there with the enemy this time

Mar 21, 2021 4:48 AM
Oct 2017
How embarrassing, worst Paladin is now teamed up with worst Mech Pilot, watching this descent into hell is starting to get enjoyable. It's so bad it's funny.
May 1, 2021 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
Reapermask said:
I think at this point in time Ray has activated more cheats that the mc of Isekai cheat Magician

Well stuff got pretty dark there with the enemy this time

not as much as this MC :D
https://myanimelist.net/character/174332/Maple

Cazador75 said:
I thought this anime was bad already and then a random mecha appeared, insta-drop.

random? they alredy said there is mehca user kingdom and players can use al sort of gear even tech
Sep 21, 2022 6:33 AM

Mar 2020
Actually since we started this story I feel like everyone is stylish except the main character!!!
May 22, 2023 9:23 PM

Oct 2022
The setting is a bit too much all over the place. The fantasy range is spreading it a little thin and leaves you wondering how the balancing is justified.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by Overblown »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:15 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

78 by gakuendo »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

20 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

43 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.