Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2020 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty close score between the two teams.

Episode is okay but I think both teams needs to improve themselves. Good thing the stakes weren't high this time around. It's still cool that both teams have synergy and a coach this time around.
Feb 5, 2020 3:00 AM
Sep 2015
This is already the 4th episode on practice match, and look like it'll finish on the next episode, making it a total of 5, but I'll probably forgive the length because this season has an overall 50 episodes. Plus it's not boring.

And Taro shouldn't date Nao, not because she's his cousin, but because he should date me instead. I always swallow.
Feb 5, 2020 3:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm a bit bored with that match, it's too long imo, I want it to be finished fast
Feb 5, 2020 6:01 AM

Aug 2013
And the match continues. Both teams have an equal chance of winning.

Feb 5, 2020 6:35 AM

Oct 2017
Momoharu is just being pathetic now. He can't score nor get rebounds and even rejected that guys helping hand. He should get his act together, I dislike watching him like this.
Feb 5, 2020 7:19 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the last quarter is going to be a battle against the centers and Momoharu is starting to loose it. He might cost them the game if he continues to have a bad attitude.
Feb 5, 2020 10:19 AM
May 2019
Momoharu losing the game for our boys.
Chiaki, please, slap him and wake him up.
Feb 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2010
There's barely any animation in this episode. Anime? More like... slide show.
Feb 5, 2020 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode
7/10
Feb 5, 2020 1:55 PM
Mar 2018
I have hardly posted any forums posts in my time on this site, but I had to vent my frustrations with this anime.

So far this has been one of the most boring experiences I've had in awhile watching a show, and it really is a shame, seeing that I love both the sport of basketball and the sports anime genre. I came into this anime with decent hopes and expectations, hoping it could one-up the completely unrealistic Kuroko no Basket, but after 18 long, drawn out episodes, I've been boringly let down.

It's realistic, don't get me wrong, but it's realism is so strong to the point that its boring and drags the show down. It interjects formation after formation that a brand new team has no business running, and boringly explains each one. The characters are passable, but no single character really sticks out and makes me interested in the show. Compared to the previously mentioned Kuroko no Basket, those characters, however cliche and overpowered they were, at least interested me.

Lastly, the thing that bugs me and bores me the most, is the animation. I can't stress this enough, the animation is god awful. If you are going to make a sports anime, you almost certainly need some at least decent animation. Kuroko no Basket had amazing animation to keep its audience interested, and to compare it to other sports anime, Haikyuu and even Free! had great animation to back up their flaws. I'd be able to excuse this glaring flaw if they had covered their asses with the previous points I have mentioned so far, but literally everything about this show has been poorly executed in terms of a sports anime.

You can excuse the lack of a good art style or decent animation quality to studio or budget, but I really don't care to. Like I said, this show has done nothing but give me reasons to dislike it. Maybe if i got a decent backstory or two, or maybe a cool scoring sequence I could rewatch on youtube later, then i would care, but for now, 18 episodes in, I'll remain this way.

I really hate to be that one anime fan complaining about a show online, but man this show just isn't good, and i needed to see if there was anime sharing my opinions. I'll probably continue watching for one or two more episodes to close out this arc, but after that there is really no point. I'd rather watch the shit show Kuroko no Basket all over again.
Feb 5, 2020 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
Man, Jun Fukuyama must be having a field day with this show lol, really digging his performance

and ye like someone said above, it's really painful seeing Momoharu like this. Hopefully he can get his shit together in the next ep
Feb 5, 2020 7:26 PM

Mar 2016
This is starting to feel like the infamous "five minutes before the destruction of Namek" episodes of dbz.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 5, 2020 11:46 PM
Jun 2017
college basketball favorite defensive play has been used in this one--- the press defense.. well it really is a great type of defense and is also a tiring one... yeah.. lets see how this one will end..
Feb 6, 2020 3:14 AM

May 2019
The score is close; Momoharu could provide the final push, seems like next ep is all about him.

I felt a slight drop in quality this ep, but I'm sure it'll return soon.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 6, 2020 6:01 AM

Feb 2019
I think momoharu will get some development in the last quarter. I hope he does give a good performance because he's the only one who has yet to shine. Despite that I ship momoharu x madoka.
Feb 6, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it were an official match but this one is taking too long. I'm slightly starting to lose my interest but let's see if they can wrap thing up in the next episode.
Feb 6, 2020 8:44 PM

Sep 2018
I don't know why but I get bored already, this practice match is already too long. End it already!
Feb 7, 2020 1:00 AM

Jul 2012
@Deadman_Walkn35 I agree with you lol. I think most people in this thread agree as well. This show is really boring because it's too realistic.

KnB was pretty bad near the end when it just became superpowers but I'd honestly rather watch that mess than Sora and his boring team.

I do like Natsume a lot, he's an interesting fellow and reminds me of Aomine a lot. I can't wait until Shigeyoshi is introduced, he will be a good fit for the team.

hiruman said:
There's barely any animation in this episode. Anime? More like... slide show.
Yuuup. It's a shame this show couldn't pull a KnB/Yowapeda where it looks 10x better than the manga lmao
Feb 7, 2020 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
I want this match to end so that the last capable player would enter and bench incapable players should rest and just cheep capable teammates!
4/5.

Feb 7, 2020 7:39 PM

Aug 2012
This long boring practice match is making me want to drop this..
Feb 9, 2020 7:21 AM

May 2018
I usually don‘t need spectacular animation so that I like an anime but this is basically just a power point presentation now... it‘s annoying...

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Feb 9, 2020 7:58 PM

Dec 2016
I'm so curious to see what happened between Momoharu and that center. At first, I thought Konishi was angry at Momoharu but then he covered him by lying about how he played at highschool so I'm not really that sure now...

By the way, I also noted the lack of animation in this episode but it didn't bother me that much.

P.S.: When will Kaname join the team? 🤩 I wonder what kinda personality he has.
Feb 10, 2020 1:58 PM
May 2016
The only show I've been faithfully watching as soon as it drops. While I do agree this practice match is long. It's also their first game with everybody finally wanting to play. So it just isn't bothering me as much as it seems to bother others. And the it's too realistic for me complaint if it wasn't realistic im sure you'd be you here saying it want realistic so idk. It's good to me I haven't seen kuroku no basket though, only Slam Dunk and part of dear boys(I hated that one). But I also agree with the person who said it's hard to watch Momo this ep.
Feb 11, 2020 7:34 PM
Feb 2014
This is a lot of episodes for a practice match... my goodness
Dokia
Feb 17, 2020 10:37 PM

May 2013
It really bothers me that one guy wants to date his cousin.
As an only, my cousins are the closest thing I have to siblings
so to me there isn't much of a difference. It's too bad Japan
is okay with incest.
Sep 21, 2020 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
Guess I'm the minority with having no trouble with the length of the match. Binging compared to watching it weekly might be a factor, but I generally like it when a series takes it's time. Also, aside from the importance of this practice match, it's quite exciting, not to know who's going to win, especially with BBQ as extra motivation xD

And Momoharu's past caught up to him, that's what you get for quitting basketball and failing as a senpai.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 15, 2021 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
BBQ! BBQ! BBQ! I can't believe the angelic Nao-chan tricked Satsuki-sensei like that.

I know this has kind of a dated artstyle because the manga was released in 2003 but the animation looked pretty bad at times feeling like one still frame after the other

Mar 16, 2021 10:58 AM
Mar 2018
What exactly is going on with Momoharu?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.