Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Misaka. Hopefully she doesn't make a mistake like that again...

It's cool they got to see fireworks to celebrate the festival though. Even Kuroko came. First half was cherry and fun but there's a deeper mystery going on here with the science side. Misaka went detective mode (even with a hat). Looks like she even found one of Misaki's closest followers. I think the second half of this episode had this eerie vibe with others forgetting Misaka.
Jan 31, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2007
Investigating field, then accidentally hurting staff because friend is in danger.

Someone got warning that someone got the information, so the data's immediately deleted.

Finally heard about MISAKA because she borrowed a student's PE uniform and not returned yet.

Misaki ability in work, so people involving in abducting MISAKA not know what she's talking about.

Now her friends not remember about her with that ability and she was forced to be with enemy group.

It seems like her racing partner is her last hope? (from preview)
tsubasaloverJan 31, 2020 5:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 31, 2020 5:57 AM

Apr 2010
Misaka is angry guess next episode will be hell for someone.
Misaki seems to have to upper hand at the moment tho but the question is for how long.
I wonder how this will turn out.

Uihara hacking the computer of the one that's after them was also a interesting move.
Jan 31, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Shokuhou has done it now. She pissed off Misaka. It won't end well for her.

Loved the first part, especially Kuroko.

Jan 31, 2020 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
Uhuh shit really hit the fan. I can't wait to see how it develops.

But on the other hand:
Jan 31, 2020 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
Who the fuck is subbing this?

Forget the Sissy bullshit....

They keep subbing this a A Certain Magical Railgun.

ssjokgJan 31, 2020 11:03 AM
Jan 31, 2020 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Okay seriously, when Kuroko isn't acting like her usual lesbian self around Misaka, something's REALLY wrong. Just saying.

Kongo shining for next episode? This'll be fun.
Jan 31, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2012
Still it's so pleasant to watch Railgun animation, beatiful!

Love how Saten went hunting alone and then with Mikoto they were apologizing in the end ...

This will be a big hit on Mikoto's mental condition, her precious friends will treat her as a stranger. That part was really hard to read =( But this is where Kongou-san comes to shine =/ Also interesting to see old/railgun Hokaze's design and it makes think about how different her personality seems. Also can't wait for her interaction with Mikoto!
Jan 31, 2020 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
This ep was awesome, but that ending... It's been really long since someone pissed off Mikoto this much.
Jan 31, 2020 11:55 AM

Nov 2019
Damn Nagai the pacing is really good.
Jan 31, 2020 12:25 PM
Feb 2018
I couldn't stand this shit and read the manga further. HOLY FCK!!!!! Some severe bullshittery and even worse are coming. Definitely not worth watching if you care about your mental condition.
Jan 31, 2020 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
So still haven't been able to get around to watching Index or the first two railguns, but I'm still really having fun with this. The show has such a fun and unique vibe to me, the character interactions, premise, etc
This ep was great, an ability that can wipe Mikoto from Kuroko's memory is pretty damn scary
Jan 31, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
Marinate1016 said:
So still haven't been able to get around to watching Index or the first two railguns, but I'm still really having fun with this. The show has such a fun and unique vibe to me, the character interactions, premise, etc
This ep was great, an ability that can wipe Mikoto from Kuroko's memory is pretty damn scary

i really recommend you read the novels for index the anime doesn't do it justice.
misaki can do more then memory wipe
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 31, 2020 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
While I was watching this I kept wondering what was Touma doing and where was he at that time; but when I saw the "Fireworks" going off in the sky I got a my answer and smiled.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 31, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2010
Janethan23 said:
While I was watching this I kept wondering what was Touma doing and where was he at that time; but when I saw the "Fireworks" going off in the sky I got a my answer and smiled.

nice detail you will only catch if you've been reading the main series along with railgun, but that also means that touman is on his way now that the chase stuff is over.

Yukikaze_sama said:

it starts with a Ki and end with hara
GrimAtramentJan 31, 2020 1:34 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 31, 2020 1:37 PM

Oct 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
I couldn't stand this shit and read the manga further. HOLY FCK!!!!! Some severe bullshittery and even worse are coming. Definitely not worth watching if you care about your mental condition.

What do you mean? That the arc is bad or good?
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Jan 31, 2020 1:37 PM

Nov 2019
Janethan23 said:
Strong scene indeed haha
Jan 31, 2020 1:50 PM
Feb 2018
DidiGetsRekt said:
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

It is absolutely disgusting. When a viewer asks "Why did it turn out this way?" or "Was it really necessary?", authors don't give him/her a properly developed story as an answer. They just say "Go fck yourself! Don't ask, just watch!"
Jan 31, 2020 2:04 PM

Dec 2014
ok like this is going our of hand hmm
Jan 31, 2020 2:08 PM

Feb 2010
DidiGetsRekt said:
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

arcs good, but due to railgun season 1 first half comprising of mostly filler

plus the non existent silent party arc which even the railgun manga editor confirmed is not canon.

people got the tone of railgun completely messed up for them. meaning the overall dark tone of this season will probably cause the people who came here for the slice of life stuff and not the action drama that the railgun manga was. won't enjoy this season.

this is the first railgun season we will be getting with no Filler slice of life bs.
just the two best story arcs in the railgun manga as of right now. also the two last complete story arcs.
GrimAtramentJan 31, 2020 2:11 PM

Jan 31, 2020 2:22 PM

Feb 2010
Fosn said:
There's only one rule in the Toaru universe one must not break... you don't piss Mikoto off. You don't do that shit. You won't live enough to tell the tale after doing so. Kinda surprised Shokuhou didn't know about this fact, though.

nah the only rule of the toaru universe is don't piss off accelerator touma or hamazura.

misaka has bad stuff happen to her all the time.

she is the toaru universe chew toy.

Jan 31, 2020 2:36 PM

Nov 2019
Fosn said:
There's only one rule in the Toaru universe one must not break... you don't piss Mikoto off. You don't do that shit. You won't live enough to tell the tale after doing so. Kinda surprised Shokuhou didn't know about this fact, though.
To be honest the last time she was pissed off like that it was against Accelerator and it did not worked that well haha. But yes I understood what you meant, she kicks asses when she wants to.

As @hazarddex said : Yeah it is mostly Accel, Touma and Hamazura you sure do not want to see angry.
TsumilkJan 31, 2020 2:46 PM
Jan 31, 2020 2:46 PM

Feb 2014
Things are going from bad to worse for poor Misaka. What started out as a mission to find out what happened to the sister ended up becoming one frustrating roadblock to another.

To add to her misery, she's now being forced to stick with Shokuhou's clique so that she can't run away from them as freely as before. However, Shokuhou went one step too far by wiping the memories of Kuroko, Uiharu and Saten of their friendship of Misaka. When you see Kuroko talking about Misaka rather rudely, you know somethings not right.

Misaka's now pissed off and her face at the end of the episode was a bit scary, too. ^^'

Overall, this was another excellent episode. The pacing was spot on and the animation quality is still really good. =3
Jan 31, 2020 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
Fosn said:
hazarddex said:

nah the only rule of the toaru universe is don't piss off accelerator touma or hamazura.

This is a look none of those two characters you mentioned are able to make. This is the peak of despair despite not being there.... yet.

I am not even gonna mention Index novel stuff.... My friend have you seen Accelerator in Index 2?

If you aren't pissed enough to throw a building's side by using the freaking Earth's rotation then you are doing something wrong.

And that's Accelerator on his average days.
ssjokgJan 31, 2020 3:09 PM
Jan 31, 2020 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

It is absolutely disgusting. When a viewer asks "Why did it turn out this way?" or "Was it really necessary?", authors don't give him/her a properly developed story as an answer. They just say "Go fck yourself! Don't ask, just watch!"

What the fuck does this shit even mean?
Jan 31, 2020 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
Fosn said:
hazarddex said:

This is a look none of those two characters you mentioned are able to make. This is the peak of despair despite not being there.... yet.

misaka mad is a normal occurrence shes a tsundere, but she doesn't

1. throw a wrench into a powerful masterminds plan by existing and become the end of century emperor.
2. topple an entire Organization and tear down gods with there fist.
3. literally change the earth rotation altering the planets gravitational pull and causing people to have to change there clocks across the world and become a demon that rivals the power of a archangel

also does this look like the face of mercy?
GrimAtramentJan 31, 2020 3:16 PM

Jan 31, 2020 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
Misaka is getting seriously pissed off, things are getting very interesting with Shokuhou messing around with Misaka, hatred for Shokuhou is building with the episode. I do wonder what Shokuhou's motivation is for going to such extremes.

hazarddex said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

plus the non existent silent party arc which even the railgun manga editor confirmed is not canon.

people got the tone of railgun completely messed up for them. meaning the overall dark tone of this season will probably cause the people who came here for the slice of life stuff and not the action drama that the railgun manga was. won't enjoy this season.

this is the first railgun season we will be getting with no Filler slice of life bs.
just the two best story arcs in the railgun manga as of right now. also the two last complete story arcs.

So if I get this right, this current arc is even better than the Sisters Arc? Like I absolutely loved that Arc. I personally was introduced to it as a "slice of life" back then, so I guess I could say I was one of those people. As a result I was quite shocked when the Sisters Arc happened, yet pleasantly surprised with the tone and darkness of that arc. I still consider it one of the best Arcs I have seen.
Jan 31, 2020 3:13 PM
Jan 2016
First hald was really awesome, Kuroko is so funny!

Seems Saten and Uiharu searched dangerous things and got caught cause of that!

Misaka realized that her sister is missing, and managed to investigate about that!

Everyone is under Misaki's control, and seem Misaka had no way to run away, even Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko dont remember her!

Misaka is pissed off with Misaki!

Looking forward more!
Jan 31, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
CeddyyBearr said:
Misaka is getting seriously pissed off, things are getting very interesting with Shokuhou messing around with Misaka, hatred for Shokuhou is building with the episode. I do wonder what Shokuhou's motivation is for going to such extremes.

hazarddex said:

So if I get this right, this current arc is even better than the Sisters Arc? Like I absolutely loved that Arc. I personally was introduced to it as a "slice of life" back then, so I guess I could say I was one of those people. As a result I was quite shocked when the Sisters Arc happened, yet pleasantly surprised with the tone and darkness of that arc. I still consider it one of the best Arcs I have seen.

yes this arc is basically Railguns battle royal arc
(but isn't being rushed, but i would say it's not as good as the novels WW3 arc or NT's arcs.)

Limaolc said:
First hald was really awesome, Kuroko is so funny!

Seems Saten and Uiharu searched dangerous things and got caught cause of that!

Misaka realized that her sister is missing, and managed to investigate about that!

Everyone is under
control, and seem Misaka had no way to run away, even Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko dont remember her!

Misaka is pissed off with Misaki!

Looking forward more!

i fix that for you.
GrimAtramentJan 31, 2020 3:20 PM

Jan 31, 2020 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
CeddyyBearr said:

hazarddex said:

Not sure of you can call it better. The sister arc, especially if you combine both povs from Index and Railgun, is one of the best arcs of the entire Raildex series.

This arc is bigger in scale but I am not sure if it is better. This arc's enjoyment also increases the more you know from the Index novels. The Sisters arc is fine alone and doesn't need more other than maybe the arc where Accelerator meets Last Order.

So it depends on whether you like the characters that take the spotlight. In Sisters arc we also had a well established character as the antagonist so that also helped.
Jan 31, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Fosn said:
ssjokg said:

I am not even gonna mention Index novel stuff.... My friend have you seen Accelerator in Index 2?

If you aren't pissed enough to throw a building's side by using the freaking Earth's rotation then you are doing something wrong.

And that's Accelerator on his average days.

Oh thank God. Please don't go that route. I would be lost in no time.

Having said that, I have seen his look when is angry and although I can't say I'm not impressed, there's still something he needs to come close to Mikoto. I just can't find the term that'd describe it properly. I'm thinking about it but unfortunately I can't reach it even though it's very close. It's a bit frustrating, honestly.

Maybe Mikoto stands out because she doesn't look like she is pissed off as a default look?
Jan 31, 2020 3:52 PM

Apr 2015
ssjokg said:
CeddyyBearr said:

Not sure of you can call it better. The sister arc, especially if you combine both povs from Index and Railgun, is one of the best arcs of the entire Raildex series.

This arc is bigger in scale but I am not sure if it is better. This arc's enjoyment also increases the more you know from the Index novels. The Sisters arc is fine alone and doesn't need more other than maybe the arc where Accelerator meets Last Order.

So it depends on whether you like the characters that take the spotlight. In Sisters arc we also had a well established character as the antagonist so that also helped.

Not gonna lie, that was a better answer I could have hoped for! I'll just have to watch it and see for myself how it will compare to the Sisters Arc!
Jan 31, 2020 4:02 PM

Jun 2017
Oh, I see this got compared to the sister arc

Welp
Misaka better ask Accelerator how to deal with another level 5 2 ranks lower than her

Can't wait to see Touma nullify Misaki's mental out with his right arm
idk if that's gonna happen, I don't read the manga
Jan 31, 2020 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
Malfin said:

Can't wait to see Touma nullify Misaki's mental out with his right arm
idk if that's gonna happen, I don't read the manga

without spoiling anything.

Jan 31, 2020 4:41 PM
Oct 2019
ssjokg said:

This is the first arc in Railgun I think where knowledge from other sources is kinda important.

Like, I don't think it's going to be able to logically explain some stuff. Like Liberal Arts City didn't get adapted, so the interactions between Saten and Xochitl aren't gonna make much sense.

Though overall I think they're doing a good job with what they've got, and it's not like anyone cares about Xochitl anyways.
Jan 31, 2020 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
Survivor454 said:
ssjokg said:

This is the first arc in Railgun I think where knowledge from other sources is kinda important.

Like, I don't think it's going to be able to logically explain some stuff. Like Liberal Arts City didn't get adapted, so the interactions between Saten and Xochitl aren't gonna make much sense.

Though overall I think they're doing a good job with what they've got, and it's not like anyone cares about Xochitl anyways.

Yeah, stuff like this why I said that.

There is also the IT that anime onlies have never seen before or the Index anime fucked up its foreshadowing.
Jan 31, 2020 5:25 PM

Mar 2016
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

Why do trolls like you have to exist?
Jan 31, 2020 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
Tsumilk said:
Fosn said:
To be honest the last time she was pissed off like that it was against Accelerator and it did not worked that well haha. But yes I understood what you meant, she kicks asses when she wants to.

As @hazarddex said : Yeah it is mostly Accel, Touma and Hamazura you sure do not want to see angry.

I can totally agree with this quote for the most part, especially with Accelerator of all people.
Jan 31, 2020 5:50 PM

May 2019
Very nice and interesting one, with the first part cheerfull and friendly and the second one with those moments of tension, little by little laying the groundwork for what should be a mysterious and interesting plot
5/5
pablillo96Jan 31, 2020 5:54 PM
Jan 31, 2020 6:44 PM

Jun 2012
Mikasa needs to kill that blonde bitch.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 31, 2020 7:56 PM

Sep 2013
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

why are you talking as this arc is done? we're only at the introduction of the arc ffs hence you can't expect that every bit of information of this arc is laid bare.Why did it turn out this way? Was it really necessary? asking these silly things when we're only at the start of the arc is ridiculously biased.
Jan 31, 2020 8:26 PM
Jun 2017
Great episode, story is finally progressing. Next episode will be fire!!
Jan 31, 2020 8:46 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the second half of the episode was tense and the eerie vibe, whoo-hoo~

Misaka's anger radiating in the end there was quite something, Misaki's definitely taken this a tad too far. Yikes, Kuroko treating Misaka like that must've dug deep.

I could tell Misaki was going to make her move when she tampered with Uihara's mind for finding out too much (?) but wow looks like something big is incoming. Having her clique restrict Misaka's movements is quite the idea too I've to say. Good thing Kongo-san, by the looks of the next episode preview, is still around lol.

And they even showed Touma's bit in the fireworks scene, damn! I really appreciate these little things.

Can't wait to see what's in store for us next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 31, 2020 10:22 PM
Jan 2013
Go tear them a new one, Misaka!
Jan 31, 2020 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
shits getting good Shokuhou has always pushed that fine line of it's just a joke bro with her powers and that has clearly been broken today still all i know is she pissed off our girl
Jan 31, 2020 11:33 PM

Nov 2019
Wait, that level 4 telepath can connect to Mikoto but Misaki can't? Wth
Feb 1, 2020 12:36 AM
Oct 2019
YggdraSEED said:
Wait, that level 4 telepath can connect to Mikoto but Misaki can't? Wth

Different methods. Spoiler answer is

This isn’t explained in this arc at all btw, so yeah it’s gonna confuse some people.
Feb 1, 2020 1:00 AM

Oct 2017
That Shokuho bitch has finally done it, time for Misaka to kick her ass. This arc is getting more hyped.
Feb 1, 2020 3:39 AM

Mar 2015
Hopefully the series keeps the good pace, not much to say besides Saten and Misaka's butt.

Not the mention the subtle action of them lifting their butts for no reason at all on the next frames.

Edit: Facebook disabled image url embedding.
kaorinonomiyaFeb 1, 2020 4:26 AM
Feb 1, 2020 4:39 AM

Jun 2016
any good nucclear code for shokuho ??

she is hot & sexy af !!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

92 by StateofOhayo »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.