Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 27, 2020 8:11 AM
Nov 2019
I’m not sure is this is particularly classified as “hated” but The Asterisk War 2nd Season.
Jan 27, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2020
Back in the day, Digimon Frontier was disliked (although I'm not sure how people feel about it now) for I believe deviating from the formula that the past three seasons of Digimon set forth where you have the Digimon with you instead of you becoming the Digimon. I still really enjoy this series to this day for daring to break from the mold since it tried to do something different and the series itself wasn't that bad.

Also, despite what people say, I really like Beyblade and the sequels (2002, G-Rev) quite a lot.

"No letter that could be sent deserves to go undelivered." - Violet Evergarden
signature and forum avatar made by Memor!
Jan 27, 2020 8:17 AM

May 2013
Tsarko said:
That would probably be Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ. I didn't love it but overall I did enjoy it plus it did have one really amazing arc. Also Victory Gundam turned out to be a fine show too.

The colony drop in ZZ is probably one of the most tense parts in any gundam. Worth dealing with the garbage up to that point for it. A shame a lot of people don’t watch ZZ because of its really slow beginning.

Victory gundam also probably has the most gut wrenching emotional payoffs of any gundam show. Worth the price of admission alone if you love tragedy. Too bad the show ugly af for the first half.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Jan 27, 2020 8:18 AM

Jun 2014
Probably "RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida." It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was moderately enjoyable, had interesting characters, and also had a decent ending.

Tsarko said:
That would probably be Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ. I didn't love it but overall I did enjoy it plus it did have one really amazing arc. Also Victory Gundam turned out to be a fine show too.

I agree. I really enjoyed Gundam ZZ. It's too bad that most people don't realize that it gets serious after the 20th episode, and Judau was a little more balanced as a character than Kamille.

I haven't seen Victory Gundam yet, so I can't comment on that one.

Jan 27, 2020 8:24 AM
Dec 2017
Sword art online S1 i don't think it's a great anime but it's a 7/10 show worth watching, sadly Asuna just become a trash character when she start acting like a wife.
i also really liked the fist of the blue sky , even if it was CGi the story was a masterpiece IMO
Jan 27, 2020 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Mekakucity Actors(one of my first anime, I remember that I binge watched that anime because I was really curious of the end )
No Guns Life (some say it's mediocre at best, butit was really enjoyable for me)
Cop Craft(bad animation but the dialogue between the characters was gold)

Probably more, but that's what came to my mind right now.

Also I enjoyed Psycho pass 2
it wasn't as good as the first season but still better than many other anime.

Also I am really enjoying Pet, don't know why there is such a low score, it should be at least 7
Jan 27, 2020 8:31 AM

Jan 2020
StormShaun said:
Gundam Seed

Look, Gundam fans, I understand there's better... I really do. It was just one of my first mecha anime, which also delivered drama and romance. So I really liked it. Plus, it was when it aired on Cartoon Network way back when. Don't worry, I've watched other Gundam shows since then.

In fact, this was one of my very first few anime and was one of the catalysts got me into our beloved medium. Fun fact: Naruto also got me into it... but that went on for WAY too long and I missed too many episodes, that I just moved on.

Hey, Gundam Seed was one of my first mecha series, so don't feel bad for liking it! To this day, it holds a special place in my heart for being my introduction to mecha series overall. I'm glad that you liked it. :D

Jan 27, 2020 8:48 AM

Feb 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
Tsarko said:

The colony drop in ZZ is probably one of the most tense parts in any gundam. Worth dealing with the garbage up to that point for it. A shame a lot of people don’t watch ZZ because of its really slow beginning.

Victory gundam also probably has the most gut wrenching emotional payoffs of any gundam show. Worth the price of admission alone if you love tragedy. Too bad the show ugly af for the first half.

True, I can't remember any other arc in Gundams that I've watched so far that gripped me as much as Colony drop arc did. Really made it worth first 20 or so episodes.

I have no idea why they opted for flat colors with scenes often having no shadowing done, it really did look ugly. Victory does some things badly, but things it does right it does really right. Like the overall tone and all the tragedy.

Seiya said:

Tsarko said:

I agree. I really enjoyed Gundam ZZ. It's too bad that most people don't realize that it gets serious after the 20th episode, and Judau was a little more balanced as a character than Kamille.

I haven't seen Victory Gundam yet, so I can't comment on that one.

Not only is Judau more balanced character than Kamille, but I feel overall cast was better balanced as well. Especially female characters. Roux and Elle are far better than any other female characters in Zeta in my opinion. Even Puru which was annoying when first introduced grew on me and was impossible for me to dislike her. I think I even appreciated Fa more in ZZ than I did Zeta.
Jan 27, 2020 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Black Bullet was lots of fun and the OP was on flippin' fire!
Jan 27, 2020 5:17 PM

Dec 2016
Elfen Lied
Fire Force
Digimon Frontier
Psycho-Pass 2
Pokemon Movie 4 (Celebi)
Akame ga Kill
Haruhi Suzumiya Endless 8
Jan 27, 2020 6:12 PM

Sep 2016
Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo Shounen Tanteidan yori. it has a 6.27 score but i gave it a 10. i dunno if its because it was one of the first anime i watched while it was being released but i liked it a lot and felt satisfied at the end of the 24 weeks. maybe if i watched it this year my score would be different.
Jan 28, 2020 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
I don't care what anyone says, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a treasure, especially dubbed.
removed-userJan 28, 2020 1:58 AM
Jan 28, 2020 12:21 AM

Jul 2016
FREETIME008 said:
Mekakucity Actors(one of my first anime, I remember that I binge watched that anime because I was really curious of the end )

Yeah i wasn't as confused as other people were which mostly came down to me understanding the context of the story from the songs so i knew what was going on.I'm pretty sure for many other people going in blind they would have had no idea what this was all about.
Jan 28, 2020 3:18 AM

Sep 2019
solariszero said:

Hey, Gundam Seed was one of my first mecha series, so don't feel bad for liking it! To this day, it holds a special place in my heart for being my introduction to mecha series overall. I'm glad that you liked it. :D

Out of curiosity, what did you think of Destiny? I mostly know when it came to Seed, people tend to look down on it, but think much worse when it comes to Destiny.

Personally, I was less a fan but still enjoyed it. I think Shin was mainly why I wasn't the biggest fan.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 28, 2020 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
Guilty Crown (beautiful and compelling)
Tokyo Ghoul (original and exiting)
Berserk 2016 (the story continued)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (personal taste)
School days (love this type of premise)
Sword Art Online (fun and original)
Darker than Black s2 (better than s1)
Fairy Tail (I think of it as a great long running shounen)
Pupa (I did enjoy what we got, even if it wasn't much)
Netsuzou trap NTR (same as Pupa)
Btoom (despite the ending I very much enjoyed it)
Yosuga no Sora (best ecchi anime ever, best incest anime as well)

Sadly even I couldn't like:

Kuroshitsuji s2
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Hellsing TV
Persona 5
Jan 28, 2020 4:13 AM
Dec 2018
Inazuma Eleven Ares/Orion and Digimon Universe Appli Monsters
Jan 28, 2020 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
i kinda liked school days when i watched it 2-3 years ago but idk if i would like it now
Jan 28, 2020 4:30 AM
May 2016
1.Sword art online season 1.(As a mmorpg fan it hit every box in my existence which made me love this series.Can't put new seasons as a high up on pedestal as the first one,but season 1 definitely was something that i fell in love with.)
2.Berserk 2016 and 2017.(I understand its flaws,but story was so compelling that i always was so excited waiting for the next episode to come out and it always kept me glued in front of monitor.)
3.Ajin(still one of my favorite anime i ever watched and can't really understand the hate as the cgi graphics are quite good in it,you just need to get used to it.)
4.Gangsta.(maybe it's not mostly hated,but i seen a lot of people trashing it.)
Jan 28, 2020 5:05 AM

Nov 2010
I don't these are hated that vocally, but I was surprised how low scores they got:

Black Rock Shooter (TV)
Ni No Kuni (2020 movie)
Tono to Issho: Gantai no Yabou
Revisions

Oh, and there is one that is hated vocally as well: Hetalia.
Jan 28, 2020 6:26 AM

Dec 2018
Akame Ga Kill!, it kinda has an infamous reputation and gets a lot of hate as we all know, but I absolutely loved it.

Apart from that, Sword Art Online (this one mostly as a guilty pleasure though).
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Jan 28, 2020 9:59 AM

Dec 2014
Ore ga twintail ni narimasu - The show perfectly catered to me, yet it's only rated a 6.66 on MAL when it's clearly a 10/10 anime
Jan 28, 2020 10:49 AM

Dec 2015
I remember when Gabriel Dropout came out it wasn't rated high compared to the 7.5 it has now and loads of reviews are made by a bunch of people that take the series too serious, if it wasn't your comedy type anime thats fine but they were hating on the story and characters (guess what, its a comedy for a reason and for the characters, seriously? who doesn't know Satania now?).

Gabriel Dropout is just funny, simple and a well done anime.

10/10
Jan 28, 2020 10:51 AM

Dec 2008
Well, there isn't. Something I hate and then watch it? Nope.
Jan 28, 2020 12:28 PM

Nov 2018
First half of SAO, but that is probably liked by the majority of people.
Jan 28, 2020 4:18 PM

Jun 2017
Danganronpa the animation, having played the games, all of them....., i really liked the anime a bit more than the actually game. Dont get me wrong the trials are much well handled in the game, BUT, a lot of the boring parts are cut out and its just fun to watch, even it is dog trash, and i know it is :(
Jan 28, 2020 4:20 PM

Aug 2016
Toji no Miko. I mean, I didn't love it or anything, but I thought it was kinda fun and people seem to hate it.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jan 28, 2020 4:22 PM

Jun 2015
Malice@Doll
Flying Luna Clipper
Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki

All three are among my favorites. They're all completely unique and distinct, with lots of interesting ideas and heart.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Jan 28, 2020 4:34 PM

Jan 2020
StormShaun said:
solariszero said:

Out of curiosity, what did you think of Destiny? I mostly know when it came to Seed, people tend to look down on it, but think much worse when it comes to Destiny.

Personally, I was less a fan but still enjoyed it. I think Shin was mainly why I wasn't the biggest fan.

When it comes to Destiny, I didn't really mind it. I, of course, enjoyed it and at first I didn't really like Meer Campbell as a character, but now I do. She deserved better, I feel. And Shinn was okay. I think a lot of the arguments back in the day were that he was a more "emo" Athrun, or at least trying to be.

Jan 28, 2020 7:09 PM

Oct 2018
Hetalia and Shaft's version of Negima.
Jan 28, 2020 7:17 PM

Apr 2015
Ecchi anime, people screeching about this is such a common thing on this forum especially.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 28, 2020 7:25 PM

Mar 2019
unironically enjoyed Mayoiga....
Jan 29, 2020 1:34 AM

Sep 2019
solariszero said:

When it comes to Destiny, I didn't really mind it. I, of course, enjoyed it and at first I didn't really like Meer Campbell as a character, but now I do. She deserved better, I feel. And Shinn was okay. I think a lot of the arguments back in the day were that he was a more "emo" Athrun, or at least trying to be.

Ah... Meer.
Won't lie, I'd forgotten about her. She was basically the Flay of this series... except a little more interesting considering her appearance and role.

At least it gave more, even if some aspects were a tad weaker, but there were still strong moments. Still, got more of the glorious Demi-God Kira and his Freedom.

"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Jan 2020
I don't watch disliked anime

I'm a normie
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Jan 29, 2020 2:00 AM

Feb 2010
blackrock shooter is one that i feel is under appreciated.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 29, 2020 2:11 AM

Dec 2018
Not as much as disliking, but prominently I have drastically changed my mind about Millennium Actress, all for the worse. The thin and tedious script concealed by outward artistic merits will not do it for me. It is pretentious in short.

Edit: Sorry, for some reason I misread it as “Dislike an anime that you used to like”. Anyway, my answer is: I don’t believe in “Disliked anime”.
PreacheeJan 29, 2020 3:07 AM
. . .
Jan 29, 2020 3:02 AM
Aug 2018
I really liked "Just Because".
It actually surprised me to discover it was hated.
Jan 29, 2020 3:26 AM

Oct 2011
As some people already said, but "School Days". I watched it when I was much younger but I really liked it and I absolutely loved the ending. It was 10 years ago, I'm kinda curious if I'd like it right now.
Jan 29, 2020 3:28 AM

Apr 2015
Preachee said:

Edit: Sorry, for some reason I misread it as “Dislike an anime that you used to like”. Anyway, my answer is: I don’t believe in “Disliked anime”.

OP means anime that most people seem to hate.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 29, 2020 4:20 AM

Dec 2018
For me it’s .hack//sign. Even though it’s slow it felt very refreshing watching it after many modern day isekai. I highly recommend people should give it a chance, the only problem I had with it was the awful ending but apart from that everything was great.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
17 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
17 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.