Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2020 7:06 AM

Jul 2017
Yashiro is bound to Hanako-kun by the contract that is last episode, her life for mermaid fins. When at every turn she gets happy, she gets sidelined, looks like her prime isn't going all that well.

And when apparitions such as Yousei-san (the manga phrased it as "The Faeries", would've been much better that way), the students are on alert for such rumours and happenings. Likewise with Hanako, as they pose a threat.

But the Faeries/Yousei-san, are actually bunny spirits called Mokke, individually cute but dangerous in a cluster. And Hanako is there as an acting "discipline master" to these apparitions, making sure that between humans and spirits, there isn't a threat on the horizon. THAT'S the "important job" from Hanako to Nene, but it looks like a tower to counter for now as a start, the rumours going around to be eradicated.

Just when things are going well...Kou of the famous Minamoto clan of exorcists appeared "as the boy from the sky" to eliminate Hanako. Too bad he failed, yet with gusto, and revealing Hanako's past with backstory.

And the apparitions will only continue with more rumours, it's up to Nene and Hanako to work together and tame off these word-by-mouth influences.

Still a good 1-to-1 adaptation, absolutely love the style to include the manga panelling as an aesthetic, along with the striking character design.
Jan 17, 2020 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
This Anime is really cute so far xD I enjoy watching it ^_^
Jan 17, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2011
As others have stated this has really pretty art but not much in the way of animation honestly, what an absolute slideshow. Personally watching this show is the equivalent of reading a manga I have absolutely no interest in at the moment.
Jan 17, 2020 8:17 AM

Aug 2017
I really like the art and am looking forward for the next episode, hoping for more reveals 😁😁😁

Jan 17, 2020 9:29 AM

Nov 2008
Swagernator said:
rapey male lead/s.

Hand-holding is rape now, everyone. :'D Because Swagernator said so. Be sure to call a hotline.

As for Nene being "useless", wtf is she supposed to do? Throw her mop at the youkai? Lol sure, that will be totally effective.
ChiibiJan 17, 2020 9:38 AM

Jan 17, 2020 10:07 AM

Oct 2013
Still good as ever. It has this unique manga panel animation but I kinda dig it somehow.
Jan 17, 2020 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
nice to see the exorcist introduced
Jan 17, 2020 1:25 PM

Mar 2019
Contrary to you guys I love this strange animation. It makes everything cute and creepy at the same time.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 17, 2020 1:32 PM

Dec 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
watching this show is the equivalent of reading a manga

except that manga has no colors, no voices, no sound effects and no music
Jan 17, 2020 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
transphinx said:
Contrary to you guys I love this strange animation. It makes everything cute and creepy at the same time.

Same; I love it; it's soooooooo unique and awesome.

Jan 17, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2019
Ferien said:
Hatsuyuki said:

also Hanako's voice is PRICELESS

I knew I had heard his voice before and I'm marveled at the voice actress' age (55 yo) and long list of boy roles, including Shinjji and Yugi
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 17, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2011
Ferien said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Couldn't really care less about these in this particular case
Jan 17, 2020 3:55 PM

Jun 2016
Swagernator said:

Sorry for not liking useless female lead being constantly saved by rapey male lead/s.

You must be joking

And honestly "weak females" is something you see even in stories written by male authors, your reasoning is just stupid. Also comparing a human vs a ghost and an exorcist, yes seems very fair.
Jan 17, 2020 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
The Mokke was just so cute after they were separated. Good thing Yashiro managed to change the rumours about "Yousei-san." Now they don't have to hurt anyone. Hanako-kun, as kind of expected, seems to have an interesting past too. He was once sealed by Kou's grandmother, and he killed someone with that knife too. But well, he is trying to pay for his sin, and he just wants to hang out with a friend so hopefully Kou will also become an ally somehow, maybe even a love rival. If only life was simple enough for attractive men to fall from the sky. lol It was still funny too. I think the funniest part was when she said that she was going to a friend's place, and entered the bathroom. XD
Jan 17, 2020 4:50 PM

Sep 2018
Kyahhhh! I love it when Hanako-kun talk sexy xD I love his voice!
Jan 17, 2020 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
@AyumiVk

Lol, right? I rolled my eyes so hard at the 'rapey' line, they are still stuck in my head like that. :'D

Jan 17, 2020 6:28 PM

Apr 2018
I thought this was going to be an episodic anime, like Jigoku Shoujo. I would've been fine with that, but I'm glad it isn't, this is turning out to be one of my favorite anime this season! I love the art style, I love the stories, I love the characters, I love everything!
Also, I'm not homo but damn is Hanako-kun hot
Jan 17, 2020 7:08 PM
Apr 2019
Yo if anyone has or can find a clip of the Mokke saying "Yamero!" Let me know. I love it 😂
Jan 17, 2020 8:16 PM

Nov 2008
Squidcub3000 said:
Yo if anyone has or can find a clip of the Mokke saying "Yamero!" Let me know. I love it 😂

I got you, fam 😂

https://imgur.com/a/5mbY9Mo

Jan 17, 2020 8:18 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
i think the animation is totally ok>
because this show isnt super dark, or super comedic it fits the middle ground and is ok showing us slow scenes and nice atmosphere.
its a pure melodrama, and melodramas dont need alot of moving actions.
it fits it perfectly.

Jan 18, 2020 1:49 AM

Oct 2017
This new guy is so annoying, I feel like I won't like him that much.
Jan 18, 2020 3:17 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, I really liked the second ep too.
I am truly enjoying this adaptation and as manga reader I don't see it as bad.
It has nice and unique feel.
Jan 18, 2020 4:07 AM

Dec 2019
I cant be the only one that dislikes hanako's voice actor, I really cant get into it, really makes me stop watching this
Jan 18, 2020 10:04 AM

Feb 2018
Honestly, I almost wanted to drop it at the first half of the episode. I only started watching it because of the praise and popularity, but man, it's just boring. It's plainly generic and the characters are awful, but the last minutes kinda saved the episode. I kinda wish the animation gave the art style justice. Might give it another shot.
Jan 18, 2020 10:36 AM

Jun 2019
While another people complaining the animation, they forget that there is an unique premise in there.

Usually ghost at another ghost anime will attack you no matter the rumor is exist, true or not. But this one, you can change the ghost's behaviour by changing the rumor. If the ghost refuse to follow the rumour, they will disappear. Didn't you think this is an interesting story idea right?

So, beside cleaning the bathroom, Yashiro have important role to change the rumour to save her school.
Jan 18, 2020 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
I've been following the manga for a while and I was (still am) really excited about the anime adaption. I didn't expect this type of animation, but I don't think It's a bad thing.
It goes well with the style and theme of the story, and can be changed depending of what they are adapting from the manga. I'm actually loving the work lerche is doing with anime and I'm hoping they won't dissapoint with action scenes in the future.
There's only one thing that's weird to me, and that is that I feel the anime with all the bright colors doesn't feel as serious as the manga? Like I got so used to seeing my babies in black and white with the ocassional colored page, that it looks less creepy haha.
Like I remember being so shocked by what Kou said, and then when Hanako appears, his face looked so scary. Or maybe it's just me already knowing what's going to happen.
I forgot to add that I think their va's are perfect and exactly how I thought they would sound in my head uwu
BarbiplzJan 18, 2020 2:56 PM
Jan 18, 2020 7:59 PM
Mar 2016
I'm an anime-only but it seems I could agree with some of the complaints from the manga readers. Indeed, it feels like watching a panel-by-panel animated manga. The fight looks meh so far, the lack of the movement make it feels like watching a powerpoint presentation. I'll give this show a try until episode 4. If it still doesn't impress me then the show's definitely not for me
Jan 19, 2020 1:58 AM

Apr 2015
Might be the cutest show I've ever watched.

Hisoka_Morow69 said:
I cant be the only one that dislikes hanako's voice actor, I really cant get into it, really makes me stop watching this

I feel Ogata definitely doesn't fit the role
Jan 19, 2020 3:34 AM
Jan 2020
It's good but not great. So i think the score should be 7.6. Cringe jokes, lack of actions, simple story telling and i think this show is more suit for female/young audience. Like a simple/kid version of Nube.
Jan 19, 2020 3:54 PM

Sep 2017
hanako kun is just so cute, im looking forward to gettting to know his character more and the others! this art style is very unique and cool to look at

Jan 19, 2020 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
Entertaining second episode. The animation is indeed "limited" but I think it's more of a directing decision than anything else. Besides, the appealing artstyle and most of the shots really make up for that aspect.

Wonder if Hanako really killed a person tho. I mean, what if his rumor was only modified by being told from person to person like in the Mokkes' case?

Looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 19, 2020 9:50 PM
Nov 2017
Swagernator said:
I feel like this show would only benefit if it instead of 20+ min had only 10+ min

I agree! i think the 10 min episodes would suit this a bit better, esp since this episode was basically 2 10 min epis

tho i cant agree with u not wanting hanako ;; hes so far a really funny and well developed character (tho i am biased since im a manga reader)
Jan 20, 2020 4:54 AM

Jan 2018
Alright, after 1 episode I have come around to Hanako's voice. I like it. They blasted through it, but Kou-kun is here and now we can get to the meat and potatoes of Hanako-kun: the 7 school mysteries. Looking forward to it.

I thought this episode was better than the first. The animation might be a little underdone, but if fits with Hanako-kun's unique style. Maybe a little more would be preferred, but I don't need fluid animations like it were animated by Ufotable either.

emraanash said:
not my cup of tea, dropped.... btw if this animation was used in shounen, mystery, action or superpower genre it would have been a great hit..

Do you mean art style and not animation? Because Hanako-kun is a supernatural mystery with a itty bit of shounen style action thrown in for good measure. Pretty much eveything you just listed.
Jan 20, 2020 9:44 PM

Mar 2018
While I do agree that the lack of animation can be jarring, but I like the presentation tbh. The gorgeous art style makes up for it, though I do hope they'll put a bit more animation into future action scenes.

I'm an anime-only, but seeing the comments, I should really read the manga after finishing the anime. I don't wanna constantly compare the two as I watch lol. Anyway, I'm still gonna continue this anime.

Jan 21, 2020 8:24 AM

Jan 2018
I don't mind the animation so much
Just hope they do good in the next major battle scenes
The soundtrack is amazing though
The last part always gives me a hint of nostalgia and sadness
Jan 21, 2020 10:32 PM
Mar 2019
I agree with a lot of people here the art style is unique and appealing but the overall animation doesn’t have much going for it.
Jan 22, 2020 3:35 AM

Feb 2018
Epic battle xD in the end Hanako win lol.
Jan 22, 2020 5:29 AM
Oct 2018
Spektrum9 said:
Honestly, I almost wanted to drop it at the first half of the episode. I only started watching it because of the praise and popularity, but man, it's just boring. It's plainly generic and the characters are awful, but the last minutes kinda saved the episode. I kinda wish the animation gave the art style justice. Might give it another shot.

Same this show is overrated I dont understand why peoples from twitter hype this so much
Jan 23, 2020 5:13 AM
Oct 2019
Am I the only one who really loves this despite the use of panels and etc? LOL JK

But I'm not kidding, I'm a manga reader as well and I really appreciate how the studio handle this. For me, I think it's suits JSHK theme, cute-unique-refreshing yet mysterious. When you already watch many animes, this is nothing you know. The character design and soundtrack is lovable! Yes, I agree with the comments that said it dropped the tension in action scene BUT AGAIN, let's be positive for the future! Let's give it a chance and watch it again! Don't gives any bad vibes cause it may effect on the anime only watchers.

Also, for other manga readers, I can relate the disappointed reaction, but still remember this. Don't put your hopes to high. Yes, we wait so long for this series get a attention that actually it deserves. Yes, we wait patiently and can't talk about this to other. And it makes some of you thought we deserve the satisfying adaptation.

But this is not the unlimited budget studio. Even it is popular in Japan, it's not popular as Kimetsu no Yaiba or etc. STILL we got an adaptation of this manga and I think we should grateful, they recognize this masterpiece. You don't know the feelings when a manga with high potential and deserve an anime, but they didn't got it.

The point is just grateful that you can see Hanako, Yashiro, Kou talking, you can feels the atmosphere from the soundtrack, watching an anime with unique design than other animes, and the most important thing is we can tell to the anime fandom about this gem that we have found.
Jan 23, 2020 5:20 AM
Oct 2019
Izuku5 said:
Spektrum9 said:

Same this show is overrated I dont understand why peoples from twitter hype this so much

Because they read the manga, and maybe you anime-only watchers. Honestly, it can be boring but just be patient, the plot is actually deep and you can make a theory after that :D

You can give it another shot. If not, then try reading the manga, maybe it can answer your question.
Jan 24, 2020 9:35 AM
Jan 2020
Compared to the amazing art quality and unique art style that we get in the manga. The anime really can't be compared on the same level. But the story is good so far and Im kind of pleased.

Im just glad it is getting adapted and honestly I wasn't really expecting much to begin with but its okay so far. But I highly suggest anyone watching should just read the manga, it already has chapters beyond the episode and its done in better quality.
Jan 24, 2020 12:01 PM
Dec 2013
The Mokke are sooo freakin' cute I can barely handle it lol This anime is great so far! I love the animations and the art style is unlike anything I've ever seen in anime. Nene and Hanako's relationship is really nice and Kou's crush on Nene is too adorable. :3
Jan 25, 2020 3:25 AM

Oct 2007
those are some cute creatures that bring you candy. :)

nice that changing the rumors saved them.
Jan 30, 2020 2:23 PM

Aug 2016
I love love the art. I wonder where the story is going.
Feb 1, 2020 9:54 PM

Nov 2019
Only second episode in and I am absolutely loving this anime! The twist about Hanako being a murderer was a great idea!
Feb 2, 2020 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
Alright, this is cute, i do enjoy the art style and the directing is interesting, it's just a shame I still can't bring myself too really care about the characters... Hanako aside, the girl MC has a way of getting on my nerves since the last episode although I can't really pinpoint why. And the comedy's not really landing for me, which is a shame.

But well, guess I'll stick around to see where the plot is actually taking us.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Feb 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Oct 2010
Potential love triangle? He seems like a hot headed cool guy :)
Feb 13, 2020 2:32 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode. Lots of things happened here and there's some good worldbuilding present. So apparitions can change based on the rumors surrounding them. These spirits may be forced to act against their will if the way people perceive them changes. These spirits also used to be powerful youkai in Japanese folklore until they devolved into some kind of urban legends/rumors/superstitions or whatever probably due to the people's lack of faith through the years.

Looks like Hanako committed murder and made some contract with God to fulfill his duties as the toilet-bound spirit to absolve his sins.

Playing FGO has also helped me get acquainted with a lot of myths and legends lol. I instantly recognized the Minamoto clan as an Oni-slaying group when the new guy mentioned he was a descendant from it.

Yeah great episode.
Feb 29, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2019
I don't know why but I found this episode to be quite boring.
Mar 4, 2020 11:28 PM

Nov 2017
Boyfriend-ghost-kun is teaching his girlfriend very well. Clean the bathroom, exorcise the school, love me.

Art-style is nice, I'm glad shounen-boi didn't make it out alright. I hope for more curveballs.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does the recently Aired spin off covered the missing parts of manga ? Or different story

chukesh007 - Jan 29

3 by emirw »»
Jan 30, 4:36 PM

» Can i get a song list

dicloflom - Dec 28, 2023

7 by dicloflom »»
Jan 12, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

139 by luviendsol »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

54 by nanajp »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

55 by nanajp »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.