Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 16, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that got chaotic. Poor Nene isn't too used to all of this. Toilet cleaning just took on another level.

I love Hanako and Nene's character chemistry in this episode. They may be different but seeing two different characters like this get along is really charming. Cool to see Kou showing up! What a badass.
Jan 16, 2020 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
I feel like this show would only benefit if it instead of 20+ min had only 10+ min, and also no Hanako.

Also, i dont know anything about the manga .. but its written by a woman right ?
Jan 16, 2020 10:45 AM
Dec 2018
The lack of animation is tragic and felt more evident in this episode. I might as well be rereading the manga at this point, but at least the art and voice acting is pretty good. Anyways, I highly recommend reading the manga if you havent already and are interested in this series.
Jan 16, 2020 10:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, the third main character showed up and wanted to exorcise Hanako because he killed someone in his past... it's interesting. Nene was still so cute lol
Jan 16, 2020 11:06 AM
Aug 2018
It was kind of disappointing compared to the first episode but not bad.
I’m still definitely going to watch it. I just didn’t really care for the stealing youkai in this episode.
Jan 16, 2020 11:14 AM

Oct 2018
not my cup of tea, dropped.... btw if this animation was used in shounen, mystery, action or superpower genre it would have been a great hit..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 16, 2020 11:20 AM
Sep 2015
Minamoto Kou is so cute! If only he become a boyfriend with Hanako.
Jan 16, 2020 11:20 AM
May 2017
This episode was hilarious..Though I still find Hanako kind of creepy. Minamoto suddenly attackking was unexpected. The darker moments were awesome. Hanako being a murderer was suprising. I'm very hyped for the next episode.
Jan 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
The third main character appears and he is an exorcist. Not surprised.

Jan 16, 2020 11:38 AM
Jun 2019
I want to know about Hanako’s past! Really interesting in the second half. Seems like Hanako is certainly hiding something but plastering on a face, if that makes sense.
Jan 16, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2019
this show is pretty great, doesn't have the best animation but art style is unique and story is really good to so far. good ep
Jan 16, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
I really like the art of this anime, it follows the style of the manga so I'm excited to watch it!
Jan 16, 2020 12:05 PM
Jan 2018
Conshaww said:
Um, excuse me. What on earth is this adaptation? The manga is my #1 favorite, but this... is not it. All the scenes feel super weird. Please, just drop this and read the manga, this is shameful

I personally don't agree with you. I haven't read the manga but this is a pretty awesome series so far. Great direction, art, theme, atmosphere and characters.
Jan 16, 2020 12:26 PM

Aug 2019
i remember someone said that it looked like a manga pv instead of an anime and honestly???? i ADORE this manga and actually enjoy the anime -mainly bc im biased- but they are literally just animating manga panels. there's no movement to it and it lowkey makes me sad. the colour saturation and art style is STUNNING but they put ALL their effort into that. and directing is nice but after a while you get used to it.
Jan 16, 2020 12:47 PM
Sep 2019
The animation quality was a little lacking, but it was really cool to see the episode with color, music, and voice acting :) I hope the next 10 episodes aren't rushed, but so far the pacing seems like its going pretty fast :/
Jan 16, 2020 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
I haven't read the manga so I don't really have anything to compare the anime to but so far I like it! Absolutely love the art style and the characters seem interesting so I might give the manga a chance too! Personally I don't have anything against the animation, so yeah.. Will definitely keep watching.
Jan 16, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Uhh... I love the manga, I love the story and I want to love the anime as well, I really do - but the lack of animation and weird pacing is killing me.
The manga seems more dynamic than this, lol. I still enjoy it, though.
Jan 16, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2017
I like the new character... things always become more fun when a lively idiot joins the cast haha

It was cool to see a hint of Hanako's origins too; looks like he might turn out to be quite the complex character...
Jan 16, 2020 1:40 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Typical case of manga readers sharing their disappointment about an adaptation not being picture perfect and anime onlies enjoying the show (seriously, i've seen the absolute majority really liking the show).

When having a gorgeous art like this and trying to get it on-screen perfectly, you're gonna have a hard time animating it.

You're gonna have to sacrifice a good chunk of art to get more animation out of it and then manga readers gonna complain about the art being not up to the task, i know how this works.

I'm anime only and i enjoyed the second episode even more than the first, love the dynamic between Hanako and Nene.
Jan 16, 2020 1:44 PM

Sep 2007
The voice acting is PERFECT in this and I'm really loving the animation with the manga panel-esque action, it's unique and beautiful. Definitely AOTS for me.
Jan 16, 2020 2:02 PM

Jun 2017
Hanako has some crazy toilet cleaning fetish lol....but oh well who could blame him when he is toilet bound?

Exorcist guy was pretty funny and those little creatures were adorable.

I am not reading the manga so enjoying this a lot so far. Sure, it's evident it's not animated to death but I think most of the shots really make up for it. Overall it's just a very unique art style which I haven't seen in years.
Jan 16, 2020 2:27 PM

Sep 2017
I figured this would be more of an episodic kinda show but then we had this plot dropped on us in the second half. Pretty interesting. Kanako is a pretty sketchy guy so I'm not surprised that he actually was a murderer. Tho I'm pretty sure it's not like he was a serial killer or anything.

Also quite a lot of faceless character shots saving on animation. The art is great, but I hope they be able to squeeze a few more frames in there.
Jan 16, 2020 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed this, big improvement from episode one!
Jan 16, 2020 2:35 PM

Feb 2019
I love the art style of this anime so much
Jan 16, 2020 2:43 PM

Feb 2019
I really enjoy this show idk why people on MAL are shitting on it so quickly after one episode. I haven't read the LN yet, so it could be a poor adaptation, but on the surface, it's good enough for me. Has a lot of Log Horizon elements with the NPC interactions and world building, wars between NPC countries, etc. I'm digging it, certainly not understanding people saying it's worse than Isekai Cheat Magician in the discussion thread.
Jan 16, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
I've been waiting for this all week.
This is without doubt my fave of the season so far. I absolutely love the characters!
Jan 16, 2020 2:53 PM

Jun 2016
Next time i'll try not to read the episodes thread before even seeing the actual episode, all the negativity here made me have a negative feeling while watching this time and i couldn't even enjoy it much.

I'm fine with the little animation, what i'm not fine with is that those 'panels' do take away the tension as seen in the Kou fight.

It's also a shame that they seem to want to adapt 2 chapters per episode, i was fine with maybe 1.5 but 2 seems too much, honestly.
If they keep it up i don't see much chance for a second season even, because it looks like they're doing it like this to fit in all the characters they can (ahem, Mitsuba and Tsukasa) before ending it off and expecting they did a good job so that people want to buy the manga.

I'm happy this got animated and I really wanted this to be popular since i love the manga but seems like all those problems are against that, well.. at least i can see Hanako and Nene move a bit, so better than nothing.

Swagernator said:
I feel like this show would only benefit if it instead of 20+ min had only 10+ min, and also no Hanako.

Also, i dont know anything about the manga .. but its written by a woman right ?

It's crazy how your comment is plain stupid in almost every way.
Well, no Hanako would just cause the story to suffer from it, he is necessary since the plot does revolve around the mysteries about him for the most part.
That last sentence also made me lose braincells.
Jan 16, 2020 3:09 PM
Oct 2018
I know some people dislike this episode mors than ep 1, but I think it was actually an improvement, particularly animation wise in my opinion. Not massively but I felt there was alot more movement placed in this episode than ep one- at the least more so for the battles. By this point I feel like if is more of a stylised thing, though if you were to ask what I’d prefer I’d prefer there to be a little more movement (hopefully that increases the more intense the battles we get) not because I hate the stylisation of animation (for another project it may be wonderful) - but moreso because the battles in the manga offer so much room for big really gorgeous sakuga moments- if the studio really wanted to because of how well the source material portrays movement and scenes, they could make this something that could really give the battle scenes from even demon slayer a real run for their money. But that’s if they wish too, which they probably won’t- which is a real shame. Battles like the stairs arc battle and the battle with Hanako and another certain character later on would be pretty amazing if they just went ham with the budget and the style in those scenes- though I guess the pretty art of this series is the biggest chunk of the animation budget spending so I dunno. I think I would love and forgive the minimalist animation in other scenes alot more if the action scenes went balls to the wall and showed off how intense the battles in the manga can be- especially some of the more emotional ones.

I both like a dislike the pacing in this episode- I think it’s great they mixed Kou’s arc with the Mokke one since the Mokke arc is pretty weak on it’s own. Though I would have liked more to do with Kou’s arc than the Mokke. But the pacing is something most anime struggle with when making adaptations and overall- I am impressed they managed to get Kou’s arc in a consistent and not super rushed way. I feel like if they dragged out the battle more for Kou it would have been nicer, but it was more than the mermaid fight and that’s cool with me- you will see that I mention the battles alot but that’s because aside from the suggested romance bits and emotional drama- one of Hanako’s main appeals for the manga was it’s creativity in the fights and where they took place. It’s sort of what made it hit more shounen areas than shoujo (which is why when you look Hanako’s genre up between the two it’s generally unlisted)

The colours and the scenery as always are gorgeous- I cannot wait for the stairs arc looking at what they teased in terms of the design because it genuinely looks so pretty- which it should it is one of the coolest areas in the manga. The stain glass usage in this ep is really pretty and just even the cuty in the background on the roof scene looks pretty. This anime’s strongest points is how it’s styled in terms of design- mostly because that is also the manga’s strong points, but they have really done the style of Hanako alot of justice, which I’m happy about.

I liked the soundtrack more this episode. For me the soundtrack is a very important part of what makes anime a good anime. Last episode it never really hit with me assise from the op and end, but this week, I can definitely say I would download some of the tracks of this show to listen to whilst I draw or write- which is a good thing for me personally.

Kou’s a great voice actor which I wasn’t 100 percent on board with at forst, I always pictured his voice being higher- but it’s grown on me alot and was delivered pretty well. Similar with Nene and Hanako, Hanako still can be stiff a lil here or there but it’s nothing too bad. His winner really made me laugh.

That leads me onto my final point- comedy was better delivered this week for me personally whereas last week I think it missed with some people. I liked the comedy last week but I think the jokes hit the punch a bit better- with thr exception of maybe one joke- which I felt needed to be a bit quicker in delivery (the manga is alot more rapid fire in it’s jokes and retorts. In a way that may be another reason some areas need some more frames animation wise, just to match the humour in some areas.

*I POSTED BY ACCIDENT REE

- but in anyway case. I liked episode two more. I can still nit pick but I have more confidence in the anime this week than I had last week. I can see myself getting more invested in it and adjusted to the stylisation of the animation now. I just hope they stick to the story as well as they have been so far.

One thing I will say as a big big fan of the manga- is don’t be afraid to be honest about what you like or dislike with this anime so far. It’s okay to say this works or this doesn’t. I’m only saying this because I know some fans are a bit afraid of chatting about it. You can say some things don’t work and still enjoy the rest. I’m enjoying this despite some of it’s flaws (or rather contradictions to my expectations) so far and it’s cool if you have similar experiences with that. Just putting that tid bit out there ><
ShoujocriticJan 16, 2020 3:15 PM
Jan 16, 2020 3:09 PM

Apr 2019
It was a nice episode. But I feel like they've gotta step up the animation a little bit, but other then that everything is perfect.
I believe lerche is saving up for the heavier scenes with bugger fights later on the anime like minamoto and tsukasa.

Shoujocritic said:
I know some people dislike this episode mors than ep 1, but I think it was actually an improvement, particularly animation wise in my opinion. Not massively but I felt there was alot more movement placed in this episode than ep one- at the least more so for the battles. By this point I feel like if is more of a stylised thing, though if you were to ask what I’d prefer I’d prefer there to be a little more movement (hopefully that increases the more intense the battles we get) not because I hate the stylisation of animation (for another project it may be wonderful) - but moreso because the battles in the manga offer so much room for big really gorgeous sakuga moments- if the studio really wanted to because of how well the source material portrays movement and scenes, they could make this something that could really give the battle scenes from even demon slayer a real run for their money. But that’s if they wish too, which they probably won’t- which is a real shame. Battles like the stairs arc battle and the battle with Hanako and another certain character later on would be pretty amazing if they just went ham with the budget and the style in those scenes- though I guess the pretty art of this series is the biggest chunk of the animation budget spending so I dunno. I think I would love and forgive the minimalist animation in other scenes alot more if the action scenes went balls to the wall and showed off how intense the battles in the manga can be- especially some of the more emotional ones.

I both like a dislike the pacing in this episode- I think it’s great they mixed Kou’s arc with the Mokke one since the Mokke arc is pretty weak on it’s own. Though I would have liked more to do with Kou’s arc than the Mokke. But the pacing is something most anime struggle with when making adaptations and overall- I am impressed they managed to get Kou’s arc in a consistent and not super rushed way. I feel like if they dragged out the battle more for Kou it would have been nicer, but it was more than the mermaid fight and that’s cool with me- you will see that I mention the battles alot but that’s because aside from the suggested romance bits and emotional drama- one of Hanako’s main appeals for the manga was it’s creativity in the fights and where they took place. It’s sort of what made it hit more shounen areas than shoujo (which is why when you look Hanako’s genre up between the two it’s generally unlisted)

The colours and the scenery as always are gorgeous- I cannot wait for the stairs arc looking at what they teased in terms of the design because it genuinely looks so pretty- which it should it is one of the coolest areas in the manga. The stain glass usage in this ep is really pretty and just even the cuty in the background on the roof scene looks pretty. This anime’s strongest points is how it’s styled in terms of design- mostly because that is also the manga’s strong points, but they have really done the style of Hanako alot of justice, which I’m happy about.

I liked the soundtrack more this episode. For me the soundtrack is a very important part of what makes anime a good anime. Last episode it never really hit with me assise from the op and end, but this week, I can definitely say I would download some of the tracks of this show to listen to whilst I draw or write- which is a good thing for me personally.

Kou’s a great voice actor which I wasn’t 100 percent on board with at forst, I always pictured his voice being higher- but it’s grown on me alot and was delivered pretty well. Similar with Nene and Hanako, Hanako still can be stiff a lil here or there but it’s nothing too bad. His winner really made me laugh.

That leads me onto my final point- comedy was better delivered this week for me personally whereas last week I think it missed with some people. I liked the comedy last week but I think the jokes hit the punch a bit better- with thr exception of maybe one joke- which I felt needed to be a bit quicker in delivery (the manga is alot more rapid fire in it’s jokes and retorts
I really think lerche is saving up budget for heavier scenes because they're a capable studio with this kind of design and the soundtrack is really good so far.
Yes indeed there was more movement this episode.
I hope they spend a little more on the next fights like mitsubas and etc.
They can probably pull it off.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJan 16, 2020 5:44 PM
Jan 16, 2020 3:16 PM
Dec 2018
Smudy said:
Typical case of manga readers sharing their disappointment about an adaptation not being picture perfect and anime onlies enjoying the show (seriously, i've seen the absolute majority really liking the show).

When having a gorgeous art like this and trying to get it on-screen perfectly, you're gonna have a hard time animating it.

You're gonna have to sacrifice a good chunk of art to get more animation out of it and then manga readers gonna complain about the art being not up to the task, i know how this works.

I'm anime only and i enjoyed the second episode even more than the first, love the dynamic between Hanako and Nene.

The animation in this show in next to nothing. It's a real let down for people who were anticipating the characters they love to be animated, only to get colored manga panels with voice acting. I'm still gonna watch the show and enjoy it but they could have put in a little more effort in animating it. No ones asking for something amazing but dont draw straight up manga panels and stick them on the screen, it completely ruins the immersion...
Jan 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2019
This series is really fun and enjoyable! I really hope it becomes a 8+ rated show on here. Plus the Mokke are so cute and innocent
Jan 16, 2020 3:29 PM
Oct 2018
TotallyNotOtakuV said:
I really think lerche is saving up budget for heavier scenes because they're a capable studio with this kind of design and the soundtrack is really good so far.
Yes indeed there was more movement this episode.
I hope they spend a little more on the next fights like mitsubas and etc.
They can probably pull it off.[/quote]

Ooo I really hope so! Seriously they hit gold in terms of creative battle scenes with getting the rights to this manga, if anything it’d be such a huge waste not to. Lerche can do some amazing animations when they really want to- stylistically I think they have batted Hanako out the park. I just hope that this isn’t a case of they blasted too much of their budge on keeping the style like this. As an animation student though it wouldn’t surprise me, I can only imagine how painstaking this anime has been on the part of the colouring team. Overall though I’m not gonna let the lack of animation ruin this experience completely for me. In most other categories Lerche has done pretty damn well, which proves to me this isn’t simply laziness or a lack of caring. Really if anything it is just a mix of the directors style and the budget going on the colours- which I can get past. It doesn’t make Hanako any less of a great story than it is, the manga is one of my favourites for a reason- so long as they stick to the main story faithfully (which so far they are doing) there’s no way I could truly dislike this anime.
Jan 16, 2020 3:30 PM

Jul 2016
I liked it better than the last episode but it still is much more focused on comedy than the manga. I'm definitely biased because I love the manga but idk it's just so much less dramatic. It's just a beat to beat adaptation of the manga and I feel like it's the show's biggest problem.
Jan 16, 2020 3:47 PM

Dec 2017
This is a treat. That's how you do comedy, Japan!
Jan 16, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2017
Mokke's are even more cuter when animated ♥

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 16, 2020 6:48 PM

Dec 2016
The arstyle of this show is really something else. So much that I don't even know how to describe it.
Jan 16, 2020 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
I really love Hanako's voice acting. I also quite like the panel-framed art style.

The manga seems quite popular though, so maybe I'll keep watching this and then try to track down the manga to read once the show is over.
Jan 16, 2020 9:18 PM

May 2013
I want a plushie of those cute pink rabbits so much!!!

This episode was so much better than the last one. I really dig the scenery design the most. The moody colors and atmosphere is top notch.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Jan 16, 2020 9:40 PM

Apr 2018
Marinate1016 said:
I really enjoy this show idk why people on MAL are shitting on it so quickly after one episode. I haven't read the LN yet, so it could be a poor adaptation, but on the surface, it's good enough for me. Has a lot of Log Horizon elements with the NPC interactions and world building, wars between NPC countries, etc. I'm digging it, certainly not understanding people saying it's worse than Isekai Cheat Magician in the discussion thread.

Wrong Thread?
Sounds like you're commenting on Infinite Dendrogram lmao.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jan 16, 2020 10:15 PM

Nov 2008
Those pink Mokke bunnies look like marshmallow Peeps. :'D

"So you can be friends with murderers, huh?"

OH LORD. DEJA VU. XDDDDD

Kou is great. He reminds me of Kyou Souma. Look at those cute little fangs. ^3^

He's probably going to fall for Nene but Hanako won't let him have her >:3 Man, the moves he put on Nene GAVE ME THEM SHOUJO DOKI-DOKIS.

...honestly it's hard to believe it's not a shoujo manga. xD this freaking setup....

MM HMM THAT'S SOME GOOD SHIT.
ChiibiJan 16, 2020 11:33 PM

Jan 17, 2020 2:08 AM

Oct 2018
Imagine being a manga readers are trying to find mistakes in everything all the time. I'm glad I'm not one of these guys.

Great episode, and great anime so far!
Jan 17, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2016
AyumiVk said:
It's crazy how your comment is plain stupid in almost every way.
Well, no Hanako would just cause the story to suffer from it, he is necessary since the plot does revolve around the mysteries about him for the most part.
That last sentence also made me lose braincells.

Sorry for not liking useless female lead being constantly saved by rapey male lead/s.
Jan 17, 2020 3:48 AM

Oct 2013
Better than the first episode imo, I'm warming up to it.
Jan 17, 2020 4:15 AM

Jan 2018
Hanako really is powerful. but that boy is definitely gonna make the story way more interesting
Jan 17, 2020 4:29 AM

Jan 2015
I actually thought it was better than the first episode

I’m really interested in the next week’s rumor
Jan 17, 2020 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
I'm still getting used to Hanako's voice. ;____;
Also, gosh, I love the scene where the other students were whispering about Kou.
I can't wait to see the beautiful Yako next week!! ❤︎
Jan 17, 2020 5:14 AM
May 2016
Surprised by all the complaints I like it, my favorite part is when her classmates tell the spooky legends about the youkai and their cute voices get all dark an ominous.
Jan 17, 2020 5:28 AM

Jun 2016
i really love the art and animation from this

and i love ed song too
Jan 17, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2019
Interesting episode. I liked the comedy and Hanako's characterisation; my guess is he probably killed a family member OR had to kill in self-defence.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 17, 2020 6:07 AM

Jun 2013
I'm glad that Kou has finally been introduced, he's one of my favorite characters. He's such a bright and positive character. His crush on Nene is adorable. You know what else is adorable? The Mokke bunny poofs, I wish I could eat them.

I'm a manga reader too, I love the manga but I also love this Anime. The lack of animation doesn't bother me, rather, I see it as a style of animation. I believe this studio is more than capable of animating this fully, they are doing this intentionally. I enjoy the manga panels coming to life even with its limited animation, the voice acting cast is charming, the colors are captivating and I love the overall aesthetic.
臭い-
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does the recently Aired spin off covered the missing parts of manga ? Or different story

chukesh007 - Jan 29

3 by emirw »»
Jan 30, 4:36 PM

» Can i get a song list

dicloflom - Dec 28, 2023

7 by dicloflom »»
Jan 12, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

139 by luviendsol »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

54 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

55 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.