Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And the experiment continues, fuck when will that evil surgeon Burando and that Lord Habaki die????

Welp it looks like the experiment isn't going well for that Burando guy and it is already driving him nuts, RIP for Dewanoske.....

JiangHaoyi1979Jan 15, 2020 11:44 AM
Jan 15, 2020 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
Somehow things even got darker. The doctor has lost his humanity and is carving up 'criminals' left and right. I think he's still making progress having learned about different blood types but that remains to be seen. The big guy from the Itto-ryu has now been captured so I expect a big confrontation next episode and perhaps even the end of this brutal arc.
Jan 15, 2020 1:02 PM

Jul 2019
Episode title: Intestines. And things still got even darker than expected. I just want this arc to end at this point but I fear next episode will be completly dedicated to a succesful transplant and only some minor prison break preparations.
Jan 15, 2020 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was an art form. Loved it. Also love it how 10/10 shows are underrated and have a score of 7.20. Enjoying every moment of each episode.
Jan 15, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
GatsuLTU said:
This episode was an art form. Loved it. Also love it how 10/10 shows are underrated and have a score of 7.20. Enjoying every moment of each episode.

because they cut details, it's like watching a movie and seeing character at gas station and the next thing you blink it's in random fight, that's why this wont go past 7 I bet it will barely stay 7, if they would stop cutting the content from each episode then it would be good.
Jan 15, 2020 2:24 PM
Mar 2015
Sad that the dr has abandoned all the reasons he went into medicine in the 1st place
Jan 15, 2020 6:42 PM
Jan 2020
I like the source material and I had been liking the anime until this arc. They cut way to much of the content so it seems repetitive now. I hope they end this arc in the next episode . I will be honest I am starting to lose interest in the anime. Seeing the same scenes over and over with 1 to 2 mins of new content in each episode is getting old they need to move on.
Jan 15, 2020 7:27 PM

Feb 2015
Yea, I've seen plenty of good anime that have undeserving scores, this sure isn't one of them. Again, I actually (surprisingly) really liked the live action, but this adaption just doesn't seem to do anything particularly well. It's mediocre at best so far, and will likely end up just plain bad. This episode in particular just drones on, being a poor samurai imitation of stuff like Monogatari.
Jan 15, 2020 10:10 PM

Mar 2019
Freaking awesome. Love how the animators used different animation styles to depict the madness Burando was spiraling into. And the soundtrack is fantastic. All creepy and weird.

I also love how there's so much to this story. You have Rin's grief, thirst for revenge, and now compassion for the murderers responsible her grief. The Itto Ryu are crumbling and have been humanized somewhat. And then you have all the twisted horror stuff in the dungeon. And Shira's probably going to turn up and do god knows what.

I'm really loving this show.
Jan 15, 2020 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
Burando has completely lost his sh!t!!!
5/5.
Doa is damn badass killer machine small but terrible!
Too bad Isaku has been taken...i wonder is he's also fallen?

Jan 15, 2020 10:40 PM

May 2016
Incredible as always. The direction for this show really is something else, how they build tension and unease, how they illustrate the fights and conflicts, power, the atmosphere in the background shots... What they're achieving with the work here despite their limitations... I was sorta doubtful about it at the start but I'm getting more and more confident that this is my AOTY for 2019. It's stunning.

ZaugrJan 15, 2020 11:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2020 12:44 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, the direction was astounding on this. Oh, and please don't be bothered by the low average, this site never had taste.
Jan 16, 2020 1:19 AM

May 2015
they rearranged 2 volumes in this episode,skipped entire chapters as always.
Jan 16, 2020 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
RIP Dewanosuke, he deserved better ;_;
I liked how they represented Burando's descent into madness.
Jan 16, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
"On the Perfection of Anatomy" arc, continuing from last episode, Ayame Burando's experiment of the Immortal Manji.

With Dewanosuke being taken care of from Manji's immortality, it seems that while Manji doesn't give a flying heck about his own wellbeing, it's sure that his immortality has to be stopped somewhere within, which would count them as failed experiments for Lord Habaki. And too bad it's a failure.

No matter the many dissections on Manji, Burando's experiments are one failed experiment after another. It's clear that Burando has gone though almost every circumstance in his life and calling as a doctor. The symbolism in this episode, the crushing of souls through art about Burando's fanatic but twisted lunatic life is just very well done with the eerie emotions, a style only unique to this.

Meanwhile, Rin, Doa and Isaku are on their way, and it's obvious that people are still on the search for them. But don't mistake their appearance as merely people, but robotics? They aren't mere humans, that's for sure. But with Isaku gone and captured, the remnants of the Itto-Ryu are left to fend for themselves while being on the run.

Cruel, violent and ultimate gore episode but good for once.
KANLen09Jan 16, 2020 5:23 AM
Jan 16, 2020 6:34 AM

Feb 2016
Y'all right, the score of this anime is wrong, it should be lower than 7 tbf.

For the last couple of episodes I've been feeling lost, each transition to another episode is just as confusing as to what's going on. This is getting very hard to follow. I don't even feel invested on any of these new characters, they just feel way too empty and have a strong lack of depth, that even if they get depth I won't really care for them.

nanashi796 said:
they rearranged 2 volumes in this episode,skipped entire chapters as always.

Damn, even if I'm not familiar with the source, I can tell how poorly adapted this is.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 16, 2020 6:59 AM
Dec 2019
What does Isaku being Christian have to do with anything?
Jan 16, 2020 8:12 AM
May 2016
This is dragging on way too long...
Jan 16, 2020 11:28 AM

Nov 2019
I'm surprised they're spending this much time on this arc. When the anime was announced and they said director Hamasaki and mangaka Samura had talked about which parts of the story could be more easily skipped so the anime could try to tell the whole thing in 24 episodes, I was convinced they would blaze through this arc in particular, since as is already obvious it's a bit removed from the main plot of Rin's quest for revenge on Kagehisa.

But as it turns out, they're actually taking their time with it (relatively speaking anyway). Maybe Hamasaki liked the arc's potential for thriller-like creepiness. He's certainly doing a good job at bringing it to life. Though personally this is still my least favorite part of the story. But it certainly has its moments, like the scene with Burando painting the walls of his room with soy sauce, which was pretty haunting. And it's great to hear Kusao Takeshi (a seiyuu rarely heard these days) playing such an expressive role.

p0rkcandy said:
What does Isaku being Christian have to do with anything?

This was a really bad time to be a Christian in Japan. The Shogunate persecuted, tortured and killed them.
Jan 16, 2020 11:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sweet lord this is getting crazier and more savage.

Quick, I need a manga reader to spoil me big time. Please tell me that our man Manji cuts Lord Habaki to ribbons before the end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 17, 2020 1:34 AM
May 2018
I'm not mad about the pacing of this arc, in fact, I think the previous episodes were too rushed and a bit difficult to follow, so I prefer it this way (maybe I'm too stupid, idk).

But talking about something different, didn't this episode feel like "too static"? I'm not a big fan of the animation in this anime, but, whit that being said, I think that almost the entire episode was about static images and no real movement, even the "fight" scene was like a static image and "a shadow" moving through the screen. And not to mention the "Burando becoming crazy" scene. Idk, it wasn't a bad episode, but I felt too... poor.

And where the fuck is Shinra (Shinra? I'm not sure, that crazy bastard)?
Mar 12, 2020 10:47 AM
Apr 2016
More experimenting and pain! The doctor went completely insane because of this work, and honestly, I don't blame him.
Apr 17, 2020 12:56 AM

Jul 2015
Damn Burame really went mad there, well that's what happens when you ignore what the immortal man Manji is telling you

Oct 13, 2020 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
I felt bad for the doctor Burando, juggling between his humanity and profession. Dewanosuke attachment made him reflect on his life and spiral into madness.

Here I thought this anime was going to be all only sword on sword fight, but damn, this episode was a good change of pace.

Isaku might be held where Manji is, so Rin and Doa being on their way to rescue both of them at the same time.
Mar 28, 8:24 AM
Feb 2022
The doctor was closer when he was taking care of his patient.

Spanish translation:
El doctor estaba más cerca cuando cuidaba a su paciente.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 5 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Oct 30, 2019

23 by Apreggi »»
Apr 24, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 4 Discussion

Rider9530 - Oct 23, 2019

38 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JustAnotherShiro - Oct 16, 2019

80 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

61 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.