Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2020 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hell...
MORIA is ALIVE, and Perona Got Crazy over him lol
Mihwak is such a stud damn....
Moria Got to a certain Island where Blackbeard is keeping Absalom (the invisible guy from thriller Bark), but then finds out that... He is ... (I think dead because of the fact he is now a corpse)
Blackbeard had an amazing entrance, and I love who Free he is, but that's not the important part!
Blackbeard Bounty! 2,274,600,000 Beli! (Don't remember the exact number though)
Moria is something around 300,000,000 Beli, which is seventh Teach lol
And the NEWS!
Right now, Big Mom is Going to WANO KUNI to Settle things with Luffy, and may be Kaidou!
Sabo is now Fighting with Fujitora and Rokugyuu for Kuma!

Gotta wait for next Episode!!!
Jan 11, 2020 5:10 PM

Nov 2016
In my perception, Moria was always regarded as one of the most unpopular characters among the big shots, but you gotta hand it to him, he cares about his comrades and he got balls for walking straight into Black Beards territory.

And our good old teach, he's living quite the life xD Episode didn't cover much and was on the slower sider. Oddly enough I still thought the pacing was decent and I enjoyed the episode. Liked the additional smalltalk between Moria and Absalom/Devon. And Mihawk x Perona are lowkey one of the best duos in One Piece.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2020 6:09 PM
Dec 2019
FMmatron said:
In my perception, Moria was always regarded as one of the most unpopular characters among the big shots, but you gotta hand it to him, he cares about his comrades and he got balls for walking straight into Black Beards territory.

And our good old teach, he's living quite the life xD Episode didn't cover much and was on the slower sider. Oddly enough I still thought the pacing was decent and I enjoyed the episode. Liked the additional smalltalk between Moria and Absalom/Devon. And Mihawk x Perona are lowkey one of the best duos in One Piece.
This is the director Aya Komaki magic. She's one of the few directors in TOEI that knows how to good use from the source material despite it covers only few pages. Her in-between canon fillers is so very good that it never disappointing to watch.
Jan 11, 2020 6:30 PM

Jul 2007
I swear Marshal D Teach is a pirate among pirates. This episode re-introduced the Blackbeard pirates in such an amazing way with the first ever YONKO bounty reveal in the story and with new designs for the post time skip era. It has been so long, so many years and now its time for Blackbeard to play his role. From this episode you can tell that the wano arc it self is far more involved then initially as perceived. Some major things are being set up and BIG MOM her self is even heading to wano which makes this upcoming conflict not just about kaido. This is probably going to be the most intense battle we have seen in the series as of yet.
ArtimesGamerJan 11, 2020 6:38 PM

Jan 11, 2020 6:39 PM
Apr 2016
That was just awesome! Seeing Mihawk and Perona again was nice, seeing them together with such chemistry was even nicer though! I always liked Moriah, despite him not being very liked, he always had this charming intimidating aura. I'm sad that he still didn't lose some weight - I want to see the old Moriah, the one that clashed against Kaido. Blackbeard still as awesome as ever I see! Building his devil-fruit empire. A lot of stuff seems to be going on and that's terrifying I must say.
Jan 11, 2020 6:42 PM

Nov 2016
MichaelAmpao said:
FMmatron said:

This is the director Aya Komaki magic. She's one of the few directors in TOEI that knows how to good use from the source material despite it covers only few pages. Her in-between canon fillers is so very good that it never disappointing to watch.

God bless her!!!!!!!

And damn, forgot to mention how great the "to be continued" with the cracking effect of the quake-quake power looked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2020 6:44 PM

Mar 2015
Awesome episode, looks like Moria will be joining the already-strong Blackbeard's fleet! Excellent hype for the episodes to come.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 11, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see how much Moria cares about his subordinates. He was even willing to take on an emperor just for Absalom. Rip Absalom.

Ending has me hyped for the rest of the series.
Jan 11, 2020 8:44 PM

Jul 2008
RIP Absalom.

I think Moria is pretty screwed right now.
Jan 11, 2020 11:59 PM

Aug 2018
Oooooooh Yeah great Episode
Jan 12, 2020 1:54 AM

Dec 2014
Liked to see other characters..and Reverie and world updates as well...nice
Jan 12, 2020 2:13 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Gecko Moria back, didn't expect that to happen to Absalom but kind of expected if your messing with Blackbeard

Just realised after Blackbeard said it how much stuff is going on and it definitely feels like One Piece is nearing its end even though we still got some stuff to cover (Hidden Century etc)

Jan 12, 2020 4:08 AM

Aug 2013
The new animation is really a blessing!
Jan 12, 2020 5:11 AM
Apr 2015
ElyessKhalifa said:
The new animation is really a blessing!

The new animation is not a blessing. YES, it has become more fluent, BUT everything looks so "blurry" and "over-brightly-colorful" at most times.
Feels like I accidentally turned the brightness of my screen at 200%.
ChMelJan 12, 2020 5:27 AM
Jan 12, 2020 5:44 AM

May 2014
This weeks ep. was good. I was expecting more flashbacks and stretched scenes, but this was really more than I expected. So I am happy.

Perona's hairstyle looks nice
, but it resembles too much the one of Rebecca. Oda could have chosen a different one for her. In fact Perona, Rebecca and Vivi all three has a very similar hair style. It's just too similar. At least, she still has her tsundere personality and cute in all ways. Nice to see that she still lived with Mihawk even after Zoro left the place.

Absalon is dead, RIP. pal. Dammit, he was a huge perv. I bet even Nami may be a bit sad hearing this news. Poor Gecko Moria loosing one of his four companions. So what happened with the crazy scientist that were with him. I was hoping we could get to know the secret of having more than one DF (like BB, but that may be too early in the series) and how another person gets it.

Most probably not spoiler, but there are guys who think everything is spoiler. So lets be on the safe side and say it's spoilers. ^^

It's still not explained how Blackbeard can possess more that one fruit, but we may get to see that. His appearance looks different
. About time we saw it in the anime. I can't say I am a fan of it though because I really liked the old one better. This was spoiled by myself long time ago, so it didn't come as a surprise. LOL
mangalicker94Jan 12, 2020 6:07 AM
Jan 12, 2020 9:01 AM

Oct 2017
Meh episode. This was full of Moria and Teach, two of the least likeable characters for me in this series. Anyway back to wano next week.
Jan 12, 2020 11:35 AM

Feb 2010
This was almost PERFECT, I’ve been down on the pacing a lot(rightfully so) but this was GRADE A One Piece. Now back to Wano Country 🌸 But HEY when are we getting that new eye catcher for Sanji, Toei? 👀
Jan 12, 2020 12:21 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty awesome 9/10 episode
I'm looking forward to seeing Big Mom appearing to fuck shit up
Jan 12, 2020 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
Loved the "To be continued" screen, absolutely brilliant.
Also, anyone else weirded out by the new eye catcher?
It felt kinda out of place.
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Jan 12, 2020 4:09 PM
Dec 2019
FMmatron said:
MichaelAmpao said:

God bless her!!!!!!!

And damn, forgot to mention how great the "to be continued" with the cracking effect of the quake-quake power looked.
Yeah! Whenever an episode that shows a good filler that's her style. Remember in Episode 894, When Luffy told Otama that Ace is confirmed dead and the whole extended Ace flashback scene. She's pretty nailed those directions with limited pages from the manga but now she's doing the the extended scene to Perona and Mihawk conversation is so cute to watch. I wish the other directors from TOEI must take note her direction wise and not just being make a mediocre episode.
Jan 12, 2020 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
This a setup episode? Setup for what I'm not sure. Surely Kid will join Luffy's gang. What about Moria though? Is he gonna gonna join Teach? whom btw I didn't expect to be just chilling and wtf is that look?
Jan 12, 2020 8:00 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was a pretty interesting episode. I can't describe what it is exactly but I just love Mihawk and every second they show him. Just his eyes give such tension and the "Be careful" to Perona was sweet. I was wondering at the beginning why Sabo got shown in the newspaper but now it definitely makes sense.

Also crazy to see Moria again. He really is alive after all what happened. So he was searching for Absalom and attacked the island where the Blackbeard pirates are positioned on. When Shiriyu appeared out of invisibility it was clear what happened. I'm not sure because it's so long ago but does Shiriyu now also have 2 devil fruits or was this his first one?

Blackbeards new design for my taste gives him more of a yonko touch. Also the things he mentioned were sick. Sabo and the other captains of the revolutionary army appeared on the 4th day and had a fight againgst Fujitora and Green Bull? That must have been a crazy fight.

Also first time we see a yonko bounty and Blackbeards is gigantic. Almost 800k more as Luffys.

I'm glad the wano arc will continue with the next episode. Not to forget the transition they did from Blackbeards quake attack into the crackling "to be continued" was amazing.

Natsu88Jan 12, 2020 8:05 PM

Jan 12, 2020 8:29 PM

Oct 2017
The director animation this ep was pretty skillful, I mean even if this part doesn't adapt a lot of manga plot, it was made in such a good way.
The effect at end "to be continue" and of course the talk about the big confontation coming ahead it hyped me a lot.
Sad to know that pervert Absalom it's ever gone.
Natsu88 said:
Well that was a pretty interesting episode. I can't describe what it is exactly but I just love Mihawk and every second they show him. Just his eyes give such tension and the "Be careful" to Perona was sweet. I was wondering at the beginning why Sabo got shown in the newspaper but now it definitely makes sense.

Also crazy to see Moria again. He really is alive after all what happened. So he was searching for Absalom and attacked the island where the Blackbeard pirates are positioned on. When Shiriyu appeared out of invisibility it was clear what happened. I'm not sure because it's so long ago but does Shiriyu now also have 2 devil fruits or was this his first one?

Blackbeards new design for my taste gives him more of a yonko touch. Also the things he mentioned were sick. Sabo and the other captains of the revolutionary army appeared on the 4th day and had a fight againgst Fujitora and Green Bull? That must have been a crazy fight.

Also first time we see a yonko bounty and Blackbeards is gigantic. Almost 800k more as Luffys.

I'm glad the wano arc will continue with the next episode. Not to forget the transition they did from Blackbeards quake attack into the crackling "to be continued" was amazing.

This is his first fruit, before acquired it, he was only a skilled swordsman.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 12, 2020 8:34 PM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
RIP Absalom.

I think Moria is pretty screwed right now.

He will join Blackbeard and then no doubt turn on him once Perona catches up to him.
Jan 13, 2020 8:47 AM

Nov 2018
Um how many chapters ahead is the manga from this point?
Jan 13, 2020 8:26 PM

Jul 2007
Speaking in terms of power scaling and how luffy is no where near these levels. 900+ episodes, almost 1000 chapters in, you can say I have a few concerns? oda has the gall to actually introduce even higher super powers, potentially tipping the scale even beyond the present yonko. Like what the hell is this man thinking? Honestly i love it, it breaks many of the generic shonen conventions where the good guy always wins, but man where is luffy's turn. HE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. ITS TIME TO BRING ON THAT SAUCE!!

Luffy is in DIRE need of a power boost at this point in the story. And to top it off one piece is ending in 5 years? I mean you can't imagine the kind of anxiety i have from all this. I just hope oda does it in a clever way, none of those time skips or haxed power ups cause you find out he has some hidden D power or some nonsense. NO, The growth and evolution of luffy has to be naturally developed just like its always been but to do that in only 5 years of story left. Mannn i don't know. and it better not be something like "Oh we found the one piece and suddenly luffy is a god like being" cue final arc. Please NO.... NO NO NO NO!! It will be very interesting to see just how oda handles this and closes up that gap with the rest of "super powers" in the series.

Jan 14, 2020 5:08 AM

May 2018
Blackbeard bounty isnt impressively that high. I think Luffy will catch up to it after wano.
Jan 15, 2020 1:48 PM

May 2017
What was the Reverie topic Mihawk mentioned???
Jan 16, 2020 7:13 AM
Mar 2017
Leo_S said:

Jan 16, 2020 11:07 AM

May 2017
shiroyasha__x_ said:
Leo_S said:

Ah okay, thank you.
Jan 17, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Was nice seeing Mihawk and Perona again, but I really would like to know how Moria survived. Guess the answer is "plot shield". Blackbeard looked weird with his sunglasses and wanting to "party"... wth?
Jan 18, 2020 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know what Moriah was thinking when he went there, he's way too weak to deal with Teach.
Jan 19, 2020 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
Blackbeard made me realize how much things are happening right now, despite we didn’t know about the fight that is taking place in Mary Geoise. Is good to see Mihawk, Perona went to look for Moria, if Mihawk go with her, there could be a great party in Hachinosu Island. Absalom is dead and Moria’s destiny is uncertain, it requires guts to confront Blackbeard Pirates. Wtf, Sabo and the others are fighting against Fujitora and Ryokugyu.

Ulquiorra said:
I don't know what Moriah was thinking when he went there, he's way too weak to deal with Teach.

I also thought about it, I tried to realize that Moria isn't the smartest pirate around, but it still is a suicide to confront Blackbeard Pirates.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Sep 9, 2020 12:49 PM
Jan 31, 2020 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
2 billion and an average of 500 million berries as a bounty? That's quite the bounty Blackbeard has. He is an emperor so no surprise there. It makes me wonder what the bounties are for the emperors. Anyways, it seems like Blackbeard is living the life. Parties, women, alcohol. In a sense, he is the epitome of a conventional pirate.

Moria is back too. You can talk all day about how weak he is but, at least, the guy cares for his friends. Charging right in Blackbeard's territory is nothing short of recklessness. But he still did it anyway. Now that I think about it, he did mention how his crew got manhandled by Kaido. That's the reason why he relies on his zombie army as not to lose any more of his men. This kind of recklessness is similar to Luffy's. Shame what happened to Absalom. I quite liked him. I found him amusing despite serving as multiple cameo appearances.

Mihawk and Perona are an odd, yet funny duo. They may not show it, especially Mihawk, but they do have some sort of semblance of care to one another. You don't spend 2 or 3 years with someone without developing a mutual affection. Still, Mihawk is cautious now after reading the newspaper. I reckon it is about the warlord abolition system that has been brought up at the reverie in which he referred to as a "strange topic"?

And it is interesting how the Reverie is taking place simultaneously as Wano's arc. Sabo and the rest of the revolutionary captains going toe to toe with the two admirals? I am not surprised by Sabo's strength. He did manage to keep up with Fujitora back in Dressrosa. The rest of the captains is whom I am impressed with. Hopefully, nothing too bad happens as it already is.

I am hyped up, honestly. Blackbeard's monologue created a wave of excitement within me. Luffy and Kid's potential team-up. Quite possibly the rest of the few supernovas in Wano joining the team-up despite being affiliated with Kaido. Big Mom's eerie visage as she speeds head-first to Wano. The plan to take on Kaido. The Reverie. The start of a new act. Whew, what's going on here?
Feb 23, 2020 5:07 PM

Dec 2019
That Blackbeard speech gave me chills even though i don't like him >_<
                                                         🖤   

Mar 28, 2020 3:44 PM

Nov 2015
HYPE HYPE HYPE

Just amazing seeing those awesome characters return - suddenly you realise you've been watching this show for years and it has a big part in your life. Still remember Shiryu and co. escaping Impel down, still remember how Doffy tried to kill Moria, still remember Perona getting vanished by Kuma, and so on.

Lets go!
Mar 31, 2020 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome! - So many old characters back in action.
Moria, Perona, Mihawk.
Also seems like everythings going to pop off, Big Mom coming for Luffy, Revolutionary army fighting admirals at the Reverie, Luffy being locked up with Kid.

Blackbears speech truly got me excited!
Apr 22, 2020 11:18 AM
Jun 2015
Nice to see all the old characters back on screen. It's been quite a while since we last saw them.
Apr 23, 2020 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
This was the best hype episode I have ever seen on onepiece holy shit great to see black beard. I lowkey want him to be pirate king.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
Koito91Sep 9, 2020 12:54 PM

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 4, 2020 2:33 PM
May 2020
Between each of the ACTS of Wano, we get to see what is going on elsewhere in the world! It was so great to see the scene with Mihauk and Perona, as well as Moria's failed attempt at taking on Blackbeard. We finally got their bounties! Zha ha ha! Reverie is happening off screen! I guess I have to wait until ACT two of Wano is over to find out what happens next, since I forgot. Also, Teach smashes the screen at the end and it is replaced with the Wano Curtain. Oh well, BACK TO WANO!
Sep 3, 2020 11:03 PM

Jun 2016
This was an episode I could not take my eyes away from! To start with, Mihawk's party mansion is one of my favorite places. The relationship formed between him, Perona, and Zoro was super interesting and I've always wanted more. We got a little bit of their home life as Mihawk played the stern but ultimately caring father to Perona's childish but kind antics. We even had an "OWNER ZEFF!!!!" moment as the cold Mihawk sent his girl off kindly. These two are so damn cool.

However, even more interesting was what followed. From Perona, we were shown that she does sincerely care about her former pirate crew despite how much I thought she was using them at the time. And following that, we saw that it's not one-sided. Moria traversed into an Emperor's territory to save his nakama Absalom. He was furious and courageous, demanding Blackbeard shows himself.

I like the decision to show Moria in this light. Like many, I was never a big fan of him. I found him mostly annoying, even if his background was tragic. If I recall, Moria's entire crew was slaughtered by Kaido. It was then that he decided that putting himself in such a fragile position, surrounded by friends, wouldn't amount to anything but pain. That is why he started to create an army of tools rather than friends. Correct me if I'm wrong, but going off of this understanding, to see that he does deeply care about the few friends he does have makes all the sense in the world. Like Brook who, just now I realize the parallel between, Moria doesn't want to lose anyone else!

Which of course led to one of the creepiest freaking reveals in all of One Piece. Moria was happy and forgiving that Absalom was safe, he didn't get killed for his power, but then another invisible man shows up. And with that, the cold realization emerges. The man in front of us isn't Absalom after all.. he's f*cking DEAD and his fruit stolen. After showing us the care of Moria and Perona adding emotional weight, to do this in such an unexpected and creepy way, amazing just amazing!! It felt horrific and the rarity of off-screen named character death makes the Blackbeard pirates all the more menacing.

Finally, Blackbeard put how crazy the current events are into context. The revolutionaries declared a war on the celestial dragons and picked a fight with the Admirals, and Luffy is in the middle of an emperor sandwich while surrounded by other supernovas. This part of the series is pretty insane, isn't it?
Sep 20, 2020 4:31 AM

Mar 2020
Well damn too many things been happening!
Mihawk and Perona seem like they've kinda bonded and have sweet blunders.
Blackbeard being Blackbeard
Moria being a badass and alive and walking into Blackbeard's territory to rescue his crewmate Absalom only to find out he's been killed
Revolutionary Army finally making a move and clashing with the Admirals at the Reverie
And Big Mom chasing Luffy and others..

Things sure seem to be heating up!!
Jan 25, 2021 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
This is a nice spacer between Wano act 1 and act 2

Perona is so adorable yet so childing when around Mihawk, it's nice that she is thankful to daddy Mihawk for letting her stay with him for over 2 years. Mihawk is lowkey a decent father figure for both Zoro and Perona for their stay in his castle. Man, his gaze towards the horizon is as sharp and badass as always.

Welp, here comes Moria charging into Blackbeard's territory, his greatest fear a reality. Absalom is dead, what do you expect from someone who even steals the devil fruit of a great dead man alike Whitebeard?

The ending to this ep is epic! The way Blackbeard announces the events occurring around the world including the Revolutionary assault at Mariejois and the events at Wano, the strong ones are truly crushing each other in order to be the candidate to sit on the throne as the pirate king. Everyone is at war!
And thus act 2 of Wano has begun. What a show this is huh!?
Jun 20, 2021 10:34 PM

Apr 2021
oh wow the pacing is becoming better. Blackbeard's really building us up on the things we need to anticipate on
The revolutionary had a battle with fujitora, Worst generation vs Kaido, then big mom's just about to step in too. Hopefully Blackbeard doesnt do anything cunning like how he played everyone on the marine ford war
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Sep 2, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
Moria is alive. Felt bad for him. He was just looking for Absalom. RIP
Sep 8, 2021 12:46 AM

Aug 2021
The final scene was so scary to think of
Big Mom Chasing Straw Hats
Kaido making them wokr under him
and Teach just chilling and partying on the island
Sep 18, 2021 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
Dracule mihawk effortlessly wins the arguement with Perona xD

BUT DAMN BLACK BEARDS BOUNTY THOUGH? 2 Billion, 247 million, 600 thousand....

Gotta love the tremor tremor fruit sound effects, I too would activate the attack just for the sounds

And that was a nice shattered to be continued card at the end.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 1, 2022 9:54 PM

Dec 2012
That was a hell of an intermission to prepare for the next Act. Even as sinister as he is, Teach is such a troll and there's never a boring moment when he's involved. Seeing Big Mom giving chase sent chills down my spine. Given how unpredictable Wano has been so far, I can't even fathom how these pieces are going to click together by that big festival.
Aug 13, 2022 9:29 PM

Aug 2018
rip absalom i guess
Aug 28, 2022 6:33 AM
Feb 2021
It gud 🤨💀💀💀👀👀👀👀👀👀😫😫😫🥟🥟
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 404 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SlaughterChichi - Jun 7, 2009

127 by gannoncannon55 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimeRuleDWorld - May 29, 2009

78 by gannoncannon55 »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 845 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

19 by FedeMetal »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
Today, 10:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.