Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2019 6:23 PM

Nov 2011

New Yugioh series airs in April/Spring 2020, titled "Yugioh Sevens".

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1208210418763591682
Stark700Dec 20, 2019 7:06 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2019 6:26 PM

Jul 2017
Idk why, but this key visual reminds me of Zexal so much. I wonder if that's a bad thing lol, i hope it isn't. Let the story be interesting this time around. But from this visual... i'm just not feeling it tbh xd
Dec 20, 2019 6:29 PM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Initial thoughts: can't say I'm exactly hyped. Maybe I expected too much from this.
Dec 20, 2019 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
WaterLord said:
Idk why, but this key visual reminds me of Zexal so much. I wonder if that's a bad thing lol, i hope it isn't. Let the story be interesting this time around. But from this visual... i'm just not feeling it tbh xd

I know, same thing. Not going to lie, I think this new Yugioh looks like trash, might have to skip Yugioh next year.
Dec 20, 2019 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
It look more like design of Duel Master than YGO.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 20, 2019 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, my initial impression is not good.
*No Gallop, with artstyle more like Beyblade or something instead of Takahashi's style (studio is Bridge)
*only 3 slots in the duel disk
*very weird new card layout
*11 year old characters
Say goodbye to the cool shading, crazy faces, extremely close ups to characters eyes etc.

I'll probably still watch it though.
AassdddaiDec 20, 2019 7:00 PM
Dec 20, 2019 7:09 PM

Dec 2018
Meh, wanted something that was connected to the original Duel Monsters storyline.

Dec 20, 2019 7:17 PM

Nov 2007
The main character is voiced by Remember Me (Coco Japanese ver.) main boy and Kai from Kaijuu no Kodomo
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/360418
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2019 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
While I’m glad it’s not a Duel Monsters sequel, It’s way too BuddyFight for my taste and it exudes this aura of early 2000’s unsuccessful toy anime. Not a fan of how the main cast has been drastically aged down to 11 either. Hoping the show itself can prove my expectations wrong but I am not hopeful in the slightest.
Dec 20, 2019 7:30 PM

Nov 2008
Master Rule 5 is the tits. I can't wait to play the next Yu-Gi-Oh game, hopefully on Switch. Atlanteans are back, Mermail and the hybrid of the two are back for the better. However, the anime has suffered for this awesomeness.

Dec 20, 2019 7:35 PM

Mar 2012
To be honest I though Konami have given the right of YGO anime to Bushiroad.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 20, 2019 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
oh my god it's fucking beyblade
Dec 20, 2019 8:38 PM

Apr 2007
I agree, this looks way more like Duel Masters and Beyblade than YGO. I remember getting a bad vibe from Zexal when it was first revealed, and it ended up being my favorite series, but this is far worse. I'll wait 50 or so episodes before even considering diving into it :/

This is certainly a disappointing reveal after all the hype from the initial announcement.
Dec 20, 2019 10:08 PM
Jan 2018
The new artstyle is without a doubt generic compared to the recognizable Yu-Gi-Oh! OG and more sharp artstyle that we're used to....but can't lie; I like it.

I prefer the original artstyle of course since the illustrators could add so much detail to the faces, giving us the many iconic Yu-Gi-Oh! expressions that perfectly fits the current situation.

While I can't see this new artstyle being compatible of replicating those expressions well, it's still appealing to look at and the characters look nice imo, especially Romin; she's cute. The characters look colorful and brimming with personality based on the trailer we just got, which is a welcome change since I found VRAINS' cast a bit stale in the personality department a lot of the time compared to past entries.

My hopes for this anime is the have an enjoyable cast of characters alongside a more down to earth storyline - no supernatural business. VRAINS pretty much removed the supernatural element entirely and that felt like a breath of fresh air!

Seeing how this is a huge change for everyone, I'm interested to see what this new team at Studio Bridge has up their sleeve. Perhaps this series might surprise us; I'll be going in with an open mind. :)
Dec 21, 2019 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
Looks too much like Buddyfight, Tenkai Knights and Vanguard but I will give it a chance.
It better be better than Arc V and Vrains that's for sure.
Dec 21, 2019 5:07 AM

Apr 2018
This will be the first YuGiOh anime that I will not lose my time watching, ever since zexal its one crap after another and this one will be the worse of them all (and how do I know that?) Because its for fucking kids, I give up on YuGiOh animes, lets not forget the shit that was VRAINS too!
One Piece is the GOAT
Dec 21, 2019 5:39 AM

Apr 2018
The new Bakugan season looking lit lmao

Shadowverse looks so much better than this shit

killuaxgonJan 1, 2020 3:29 PM
Dec 21, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2016
it exudes this aura of early 2000’s unsuccessful toy anime. Not a fan of how the main cast has been drastically aged down to 11 either. Hoping the show itself can prove my expectations wrong but I am not hopeful in the slightest.
Dec 21, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2016
I would like to make a brief point here that people should pause and think about being mad at a new Yu-Gi-Oh! entry that is clearly trying to have more open arms to children and women. Do you want to be that kind of person who doesn't want the game to be more open?
Dec 21, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2015
The worst Yugioh is about to come
Dec 21, 2019 12:41 PM

Apr 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
I would like to make a brief point here that people should pause and think about being mad at a new Yu-Gi-Oh! entry that is clearly trying to have more open arms to children and women. Do you want to be that kind of person who doesn't want the game to be more open?

How is more open to women exactly? lmao

All the girls anime watchers I know love the first series with Yugi/Atem and they hate this.
Dec 21, 2019 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
The art style looks like a generic kid anime, but the trailer actually looks decent. At the moment, my impression is "eh". (I do hate the 7 shape duel disk though.)

The new master rule is what the link format should have been from the start.

Also, for the love of god, don't give Blue Eyes the Charizard treatment PLEASE.
JustMonakaDec 21, 2019 1:30 PM
Dec 22, 2019 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
Yu-Gi-Oh anime is dead. I sure as hell not gonna watch it.

Dec 22, 2019 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
I was wondering why this new entry looks so fucking different. It turns out Gallop isn't doing the anime anymore. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. They don't look like Yu-Gi-Oh characters at all to me. It's too basic and bland. The shading is just too generic.

Not sure how Rush Dueling works but it looks like they're trying to go the Duel Links route with the 3 card zones there. CGI isn't as good as before as well. I can only sigh.
Dull_LullDec 22, 2019 10:28 AM
Dec 22, 2019 6:46 PM

May 2015
this looks more like buddyfight than yugioh tbh, i'm all for change but this is more than change, the traditional art for yugioh is not found anywhere here and that feels like an insult to not just the fanbase but to takahashi himself.

having a younger cast is not an issue to me and i'll still watch this but i would have preferred if the art looked like yugioh art.

in terms of rush duels, konami seems to want to cater to kids with this new gimmick and the reason for this is the complexity of the real card game makes it hard for kids to get into playing it. rush duels go like this: you can normal summon all you want and in the draw phase you draw 5 instead of 1, it's pretty much elementary school yugioh that's simple to learn and play.

this is not worth of being the 20th anniversary show for yugioh imo but i'll give it a shot.

quick note: the announcement of master rule 5 in the ocg stream got cheered so much but when they showed the trailer for the new series the crowd was dead.
valkyrusDec 22, 2019 6:55 PM
Dec 23, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2016
Looks too much like Buddyfight, Tenkai Knights and Vanguard but I will give it a chance.
It better be better than Arc V and Vrains that's for sure.
Report - Quote
Dec 23, 2019 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
I really like the art styles of Sevens and Vrains, I dropped Zexal but tbh even Arc-V looks good to me. Need to just skip Zexal so I can catch up to Sevens.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 24, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
I wanted something else, unfortunate it's not what I wanted to see.
Dec 25, 2019 10:50 AM

May 2013
Cautious, that's the word of the day for this anime.

I will watch it and I may enjoy it but the art style is a whiplash for sure.

I just have an overall concern since change is either a great or terrible thing and so far it has subverted my expectation in a not very good way. But we will never know till the show actually airs.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 25, 2019 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
The amount of hate their gonna see for this season of Yu-Gi-Oh is gonna be immense, especially if the story isn't there. Hoping for the best, hate to say that i'm expecting mediocrity :(

Why didn't they do the remake like everyone wanted? Or even a continuation of one of the older series. Zexal was distinct and great for its stylistic changes. Definitely should not be compared to this low-budget spin-off anime art style.
Looks like Baku-nano, the spin-off of the original bakugan line. Which, to be fair was pretty good, but the art-style is kinda bleh.

Why do such a 180 when you have such a loyal fanbase and a huge chunk carved in the TCG world. I just don't get it.

PS.shadoverse looking kinda lit
Dec 25, 2019 8:42 PM

Nov 2016
Outside of the Crazy hair, this doesn't feel like YuGiOh at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2019 1:41 AM

Dec 2017
anyway, what is this shit i'll add this in dropped list when start

i don't want watch this shit ,kids show, I was expecting a great thing when all said that this part will change the history of the series

But this shit? WTF

if this like yu gi oh arc v, okay I can accept it

but with this shit art style and this kids MC, I never want to see this shit
Dec 26, 2019 3:47 PM
Feb 2018
I really hope this is good. I really do. Don't wanna skip on a Yu-Gi-Oh series for the 2nd time.
Dec 27, 2019 5:26 AM

Jan 2017
At first glance, this does NOT look like Yu-Gi-Oh! at all. This looks more like Future Card Buddyfight than Yu-Gi-Oh! (don't get me wrong, I like Buddyfight, but that's Buddyfight, this is fricking Yu-Gi-Oh! for crying out loud.) Learning that it will be animated by another studio instead of Gallop is another letdown, I really like how Gallop does their Yu-Gi-Oh! style. This one however... it looks a bit plain. Also, the cast has been downgraded to 11 year olds, which I guess I don't mind?? I would much prefer having middle school/high school casts. As for how the game would play... we'll see.

Despite this, I'm still going to give this a chance, I really want to like this.

For now though, that Shadowverse anime is looking far more nicer. XD
Dec 27, 2019 11:23 AM

Sep 2019
Why is it that every YuGiOh MC has wild-ass hairthat is physically not possible? Lol
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Dec 27, 2019 8:24 PM

Dec 2015
Shonen_God said:
Why is it that every YuGiOh MC has wild-ass hairthat is physically not possible? Lol

jaden has a normal hair cut (kinda)
Dec 29, 2019 1:55 AM
Jun 2017
So dissapointed, they give us such a shitty series for the 20th birthday of the anime...
Dec 30, 2019 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
from vrains to THIS... what happened??? i miss the old art style, none of the characters really stand out, and ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AGED CHARACTERS????? i guess it was inevitable, but i'm bummed :( hope it's better than i think it'll be, but i haven't got much hope for it. oh well, guess i'll just reread the ygo manga in the meantime

iamYuyaSakaki said:
Romin feels a bit like Dark Magician Girl going by this card art, mature, strong willed eyes that give you the look (femdom?), cute face, dresses sexually, tough with great female charms.

jesus dude, she's like twelve. calm down
Dec 30, 2019 4:11 PM

Jun 2015
iamYuyaSakaki said:
not a problem, she's a part of my collection LOL

no use arguing with a freak like you i guess
Dec 30, 2019 5:05 PM

May 2013
phori said:
from vrains to THIS... what happened??? i miss the old art style, none of the characters really stand out, and ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AGED CHARACTERS????? i guess it was inevitable, but i'm bummed :( hope it's better than i think it'll be, but i haven't got much hope for it. oh well, guess i'll just reread the ygo manga in the meantime

iamYuyaSakaki said:
Romin feels a bit like Dark Magician Girl going by this card art, mature, strong willed eyes that give you the look (femdom?), cute face, dresses sexually, tough with great female charms.

jesus dude, she's like a fictional character, calm down

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 30, 2019 5:34 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Alpha_Tranny said:
phori said:

ya, and do you kiss every dude on the street "Tranny"?
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 30, 2019 5:36 PM

Jun 2015
iamYuyaSakaki said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

this is a clusterfuck. thanks for reminding me why i don't use the forums on this site!!!!
Dec 30, 2019 5:38 PM

May 2013
iamYuyaSakaki said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

Only if they if they want it ;)

@phori Baby come back, you can blame it all on me.

The forums are pretty fun, don't go.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 1, 2020 6:59 AM

May 2015
i cant believe im laying in my bed at 6:54am crying over yugioh. I feel so upset that konami is trying to do this. They got rid of the classic yugioh art style everyone knows and is known for with sharp line art, unrealistic hairstyles, dramatic shading, REAL NOSES not just dots like modern day stuff, sharp eyeliner eyes. Like i really hope im just reading into this too far and its not that bad but it hurts me as a longterm yugioh fan to see it take this new form. I am wordless. looking at the coverart without the blue eyes on it i dont see anything that makes me think yugioh. this is the same thing they did to the macross franchise
TrypoJan 1, 2020 7:06 AM
My Candies:
Jan 5, 2020 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
I have been w8 for a new version of the first one or a remake :/ dissapointed!
Jan 5, 2020 1:42 PM
???

May 2014
Damn those visuals is making me not want to watch it. But knowing me I will watch it anyways.

" a scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. i want to line the pieces up--yours and mine. "

Jan 8, 2020 10:52 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:

New Yugioh series airs in April/Spring 2020, titled "Yugioh Sevens".

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1208210418763591682

My disappointment with this trailer and the revelations on the story and characters have practically no bounds. The fact that the franchise has changed studios isn’t exactly a good sign, either.
Jan 11, 2020 6:19 AM

Aug 2009
this is bad, one of the few things that YGO had left was it's art style, now it doesn't even have that, konami just doesn't give a F anymore. I'll just wait for Shadowverse instead, it comes in april too and looks better than this garbage.
Jan 15, 2020 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Damn YuGiOh wtf happened... I'm not even gonna bother with this crap. Looks like a Beyblade clone lmao. RIP.
Jan 21, 2020 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
After my initial shock went away because of the art-style change... tbh this can be good if it plays its cards well. I'm interested to at least give it a chance.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 92 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

11 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 28, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

5 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 27, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

6 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

2 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

4 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.