Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2019 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Didn't realized last episode they skipped so much from the Kaga arc. I expected the arc to be finished in two or three episodes more, but they crammed everything in this one...

Next arc coming next week. I wonder how much more content they are going to cut considering how dense it is...
IllyricusDec 20, 2019 10:50 AM
Dec 19, 2019 1:32 AM

Mar 2019
Fucking loved that episode. The ending was really exciting. Definitely need to check out the source material one of these days.

As someone who generally dislikes when anime adaptations cut or speed through manga content I would probably have issues right now had I read the manga already, but as someone who is watching this story unfold for the first time I've been hooked since episode 3 or 4. Started off shaky, but it's been great ever since.
poemofdevilDec 19, 2019 1:36 AM
Dec 19, 2019 11:56 AM
Mar 2015
A complicated relationship between killer and the person seeking revenge She is willing to kill everyone who gets in her way Until she is ready to kill him
Dec 20, 2019 1:13 AM

Jul 2017
The structure adaptation just went entirely haywire this episode. From the mini arcs themselves onto the Last Blood arc, all condensed and majority skipped.

Rin got found by Kagehisa himself, but his business flees him to areas that need to resolve within the Kaga arc, that Rin's desire to kill him does not get resolved, but instead following in his journey to finish the remnants on his way.

And with Manji's and the Itto-Ryu's arrival does Rin and Kagehisa get help. The reunification of all main protagonists and antagonists are just for a short time, but this time won't be for long. Rin will eventually get her revenge with Kagehisa, but now isn't the time as she considers the Sengoku era that the Itto-Ryu will eventually harvest and build.

It's a massacre episode for real, the people that are killed for revenge.
Dec 20, 2019 3:18 AM

Oct 2008
oh how clever...a bit caring for the person who murdered your own parents.
w0w! all of a sudden all the main characters appeared and wrecked havoc!
Makie is savage! the strongest is currently her...not even Manji could cratch her!
5/5.

Dec 20, 2019 5:03 AM
Nov 2009
Stockholm syndrome vibe this episode. Also was Rin thirsting for Manji at the end?
Dec 20, 2019 7:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
quite a complex relationship going on here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 20, 2019 10:39 AM

Nov 2019
Illyricus said:
Didn't realized last episode they skipped so much from the Kaga arc. I expected the arc to be finished in two or three episodes more, but they crammed everything in this one...

Yeah, it's too bad they had to cut the Shingyoto-ryuu story, as well as (again) a lot of Makie's story in Shirakawa (I've already seen many anime-only viewers understandably struggling to even get what the deal was with her hand). Not to mention Rin and Anotsu's travels were supposed to be quite a bit longer too. Makie and Anotsu really got the short end of the stick here yet again. I suppose they really wanted to end episode 12 out of 24 with the conclusion of this arc, which does feel like a kind of halfway point in story.
Dec 20, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2019
Ok, so Rin got found by Kagehisa himself, and as it turns out despite of his atrocity to Rin, he was a nice guy after all. Then again that defeats Rin's goal for revenge since Kagehisa was one of those who killed off her parents
So, Kagehisa is suffering from the early on set of tetanus, which can only be cured by antibiotics, so how in the world would feudal Japan cure such aliment???
Dec 21, 2019 2:41 PM

May 2015
The rush... The way they handled this entire arc was pretty lackluster. The overall adaptation has been sub-par so far, so all this doesn’t come as a surprise at this point... Sad really, this is a pretty good manga after all.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 22, 2019 3:33 PM

Jan 2015
I truly wonder from the perspective of a anime only viewer, did the events that transpired this episode even make sense? They have cut so much material the weight of events no longer matter. Considering Rin and Kagehisa are the two characters who move the plot forward, I'd say showing his solo journey in Kaga was truly essential to this adaptation.
Dec 28, 2019 2:49 AM
Mar 2012
Rin & Anotsu's interactions pretty fun, and great brawl.
Not sure what Anotsu heard for him to rush back, yet he's late to that shogunate ittoryu party, and where he's headed Kaga or Edo or? Rush must've cut a ton.
Anyways nice the previous leavers Magatsu & Makie joined back, both characters with interesting backstories.
Dec 28, 2019 12:06 PM
May 2016
Didn't care for Rin changing her attitude all of sudden, might as well give up on revenge at this point.
Dec 29, 2019 7:29 AM
Sep 2016
That ending was amazing, It seems they've skipped a lot of things since the manga is pretty long, i cant really tell as I've never read it, but i definitely will now! It pretty much makes sense to me whats going on so I have no complaints with how it's adapted, the overall presentation and music give it this dark melancholic atmosphere that I really like too. I hope it continues to impress me over the next 12 episodes.
Dec 29, 2019 9:00 AM

Mar 2010
Ugh, why do they keep skipping so many things...
Jan 7, 2020 11:12 PM

Oct 2010
The show doesn't make me feel for the characters which is a shame. I can't understand rin's feelings at all, why not just kill him there? Itto-ryu gang up on her parents so she is justified to do the same. Manji could have easily killed makie and magatsu. I think I'm going to read the manga eventually, this anime is lackluster, they don't even animate the fights.
Jan 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
I've officially lost all sympathy for Rin at this point. In the movie I accepted it; she just didn't want him to be killed because she wanted to kill him herself. Here though, having all those guys cut down for him, was too much.
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 11, 2020 10:18 AM
Apr 2016
Some interesting chemistry has been formed by the two, certainly. I can imagine myself getting incredibly attached to the characters if the entire show was like 100 episodes long to be honest, as I can already just feel myself getting fond of everyone...
Apr 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
I really wonder what Rin is trying to do, this was the perfect oppurtunity she could have...quite the complex thing she has going on

Too bad they cut the part about what happened to Makie and why her hand was like that

Mar 15, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
so now we have a party! o/

i love this part of the story and god, how i love watching makie fight.
she's a godess.
Jun 13, 2022 4:31 AM

Jul 2016
Animeflow said:
I truly wonder from the perspective of a anime only viewer, did the events that transpired this episode even make sense? They have cut so much material the weight of events no longer matter. Considering Rin and Kagehisa are the two characters who move the plot forward, I'd say showing his solo journey in Kaga was truly essential to this adaptation.

Not alot.

Every episode feels like I have missed an episode in between...
Mar 20, 11:22 AM
Feb 2022
For me Makie is the best warrior from all of them. If she had the invincibility of Manji, she would be unstopable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 5 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Oct 30, 2019

23 by Apreggi »»
Apr 24, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 4 Discussion

Rider9530 - Oct 23, 2019

38 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JustAnotherShiro - Oct 16, 2019

80 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

61 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.