Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2019 10:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like there's finally subs for it. I have a feeling i really shouldn't have watched this as an anime only.

Anyway, that was pretty damn boring.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 16, 2019 11:36 AM
Nov 2016
DatRandomDude said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Seems like there's finally subs for it. I have a feeling i really shouldn't have watched this as an anime only.

what did you expect? its an OVA made for the manga readers. you REALLY should read the manga in order to actually enjoy this OVA!
Dec 16, 2019 1:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
dark4496 said:
DatRandomDude said:

what did you expect? its an OVA made for the manga readers. you REALLY should read the manga in order to actually enjoy this OVA!

Yeah, i know. I couldn't help myself and watch it when i saw it suddenly appearing on the front page of my usual streaming site page since it was just a 10 minute thing.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 16, 2019 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
Noah is pretty adorable.
Dec 16, 2019 8:21 PM

Dec 2016
Decently cute but without having read the manga it was a pretty average fantasy anime
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 16, 2019 11:16 PM

Mar 2010
this was a fun short
Dec 17, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
It was really nice seeing Elise animated
Dec 17, 2019 10:23 AM

Sep 2016
I thought this was pretty neat. It was a nice short, and if it's goal was to get me interested in reading the manga. It succeeded lol.
Dec 17, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2018
Well that was a fun short and a nice vibes.

Dec 17, 2019 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting but due to obvious reasons (me not knowing anything about the manga), I wasn't that invested in neither of the characters.

5/10 - Noah is an absolute cutie tho.
Dec 21, 2019 11:37 AM

May 2014
I liked this. Too bad I could only find it in 480p.

I love Riff. She's just the right kind of crazy for my tastes.
Dec 29, 2019 1:58 AM
Sep 2015
I was actually expecting an anime. I don't do OVA's. I consider them just anime previews. Tbh, I feel like this was just a money grab to get people to buy the manga. That's what happened with No Game No Life. The anime was just made as a promo to the manga. At least, I hope that's not what it is now as now the studio is making multiple seasons of things. So, maybe it won't be anymore.
Jan 8, 2020 12:48 PM

Dec 2016
GangstaPichu said:
I was actually expecting an anime. I don't do OVA's. I consider them just anime previews. Tbh, I feel like this was just a money grab to get people to buy the manga. That's what happened with No Game No Life. The anime was just made as a promo to the manga. At least, I hope that's not what it is now as now the studio is making multiple seasons of things. So, maybe it won't be anymore.

Well, I have bad news for you most if not all anime based on pre-existing source exist mostly to promote manga, LN or games of which they were adapted or to promote streaming platforms on which they are available.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 24, 2020 5:32 PM

Feb 2014
A n adorable sight for manga readers. This OVA really livened up the mood of this wonderful story. Each character that appeared in this episode was portrayed in bestt of their personality. Noah and Kyuss vying for Astra was the best thing XD.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 29, 2020 12:56 AM

Sep 2018
Nice episode but it has nothing but a really catchy ending, maybe this is the only thing better than this OVA. Who knows if this project will evolve into something else, I would be curious to see an anime series.
May 22, 2020 9:32 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, was that it?

Nothing else for the future. Anyway, the highlight of this is Noah which she is so CUTE!!!!
Jul 15, 2020 9:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
What is this OVA? Its somehow act as prequel or something, or even i can call this a PV? But why like these only? Im laughed. There is not much good story to happen on this little show since there is no story. Only random garage sale out of nowhere with no story related. I guess you need to read the Manga? If you like the art and ofc its character, go read, em. I just can't reach every manga on my resource online. So, overall for this tiny show, i give my scores to mean rate:
- Story : 5
Not because i dont like. I just can't keep up whats goin on, rather seeing a bunch of people buying some thing on garage sale. Nothing. 5 must be enough.
- Sounds, art, music : 8
Only this parts satisfied me. No other thing can be the strength.
- Character : 6
Only give 6 because i like loli and pretty mages stunned my eyes. Just that and only that, no more.
- Enjoyment? I might be cruel. But 5 shall be enough to apreciate the appearance of loli wizard and her pretty sister. Only that shit. Yes only that.
Overall must be well weight-lift to 6.5. So 6 per 10 clear my path to the heaven. Blessing to My Life.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 2, 2020 8:26 AM

Jul 2015
Silly Astra and his adorable helper Noah, this garage sale could have been a bigger succes....if there was a garage to sale from....Bad jokes aside this seemed pretty neat 10-minute special for something that was crowdfunded.

Mar 13, 2021 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
wow well i guess this really was just an advertisement for the manga, some cute characters i guess but doesnt really seem interesting at all
Mar 13, 2021 7:16 PM

Feb 2014
I bet most of the money was spent getting a license to use an old Blind Guardian track like wtf had to double check that

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Dec 19, 2021 5:12 AM

Dec 2018
Noticed the Comedy tag, so it's supposed to be funny?
Hmm... I wouldn't have known if there wasn't the tag but okay
ZurakoDesu_Dec 19, 2021 5:17 AM
Oct 30, 2022 1:45 PM
Mar 2019
More of a " Read the Manga " Special.
Could have been a Good series.

More topics from this board

» Just 1 EPISODE!!?

xFresh11 - May 26, 2018

29 by DNSBarbarian »»
Feb 10, 2020 7:44 PM

» Ending

Iscariota - Dec 16, 2019

3 by Iscariota »»
Dec 17, 2019 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.