Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2019 2:17 AM

Oct 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it was good to see the new mechanic, seems like they will not stay too much in Galar and hope we return there soon anyway this art was drawn by username hyogonosuke on twitter.

Ri22rkDec 15, 2019 12:15 PM
Dec 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
Really nice episode! Scorbunny couldn't have done much more to become Gou's first Pokemon, he even jumped to the Pokeball xDDDD
Dec 15, 2019 1:56 PM

Apr 2012
So far it's just two boys doing silly things. I really miss a girl in the group, too bad that Koharu seems to be an unimportant supporting character.
Dec 15, 2019 2:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very cool episode this time, felt way less childish than before.
The gigamax Snorlax was REALLY huge lol, he looks like he's mixed with a Torterra.
And Gou finally caught Scorbunny, he's going to be a very cool pokemon during the show I guess, like Pikachu.
Wanna see them in the forest next episode
Dec 15, 2019 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
I won't be impressed if at the episode 50 of this anime Go has more Pokémon than the amount that you can catch in the Sw/Sh games.
Dec 15, 2019 2:56 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, great episode. This was so enjoyable, and very good animation too.
Gigamax Snorlax was cool, it felt a dream-like mountain.

Hibunny walking away almost got me in the feels.
Honestly, I’ve been trying to follow both XY and S&M but always got boring fast, meanwhile this series is truly nailing it tbh.

Dec 15, 2019 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
Loved it, Hibunny is really expressive and his reactions are cute and funny. I felt so bad for him when he couldn't get off the train. lol I loved to see Satoshi and Gou walking through the Wild Area and meeting all kinds of pokémon though. And I also love how the four of them worked together to prevent that train from crashing into the Daimax Kabigon. Oh, and it was hard to watch Gou telling Hibunny that he wanted Mew as his first pokémon, but it was worth it. Because in the end he didn't let Hibunny walk away, and now they are partners just like Satoshi and Pikachu! Gou's reaction after catching Hibunny was so cute too!
Dec 15, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
This episode may well have been titled "The Scorbunny Odyssey", which was hilarious.

Gou and he make a very good team, it's good that if he decided to catch him in the end :)...
Dec 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2014
Uh oh, he caught his first Pokemon, now he's got the full Pokedex fever lol

A little sad how quickly he gave up his dream to get Mew first, but it was an unrealistic dream tbh
Dec 15, 2019 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode! Scorbunny deserves the world.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Dec 15, 2019 6:27 PM

Jul 2014
Daimax is probably a cool game mechanic but seeing it in the anime felt weird, it kinda broke my suspension of disbelief. I know Pokémon would be awfully dangerous creatures in real life but this was just too much for me, something this big would be a freaking nightmare that could destroy cities. And once again, it bothers me that Ash didn't say anything about having a Snorlax, considering how important this Pokémon was to him.
Dec 15, 2019 6:58 PM
May 2016
Are they treating the Pokedex like an actual Pokedex in this series?! Oh my god, they are!! I love it! I'm already loving this series.

Awesome, looks like a good ol' fashioned catching sesh next week!
Dec 16, 2019 12:08 AM

Oct 2017
That Scorbunny really took a liking to Go lol. Glad Go changed his mind and decided to catch it.
Dec 16, 2019 3:21 AM

May 2014
Really cute episode. I love Hibunny, he has a lot of personality. Snorlax's Dynamax was very bizarre though. I'm not a fan of the whole concept personally.
Dec 16, 2019 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
Damn this whole episode came right out of Wholesome City. Gou changing his attitude towards Hibunny is something I didn't like. I'd prefer if he accepted HiBunny as a teammember but didn't catch him with a Monsterball. Kinda like the Pikachu that runs around with Satoshi.

Dec 16, 2019 9:29 AM
May 2017
Aww! Scorbunny is so adorable! I'm glad Gou actually caught it
Dec 16, 2019 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
Ash and Gou have such a good chemistry together lol. They're very fun to watch. I also really like Scorbunny a lot. He's such a cute and fun guy. Looks like Gou has gotten over his desire to make Mew his first Pokemon seeing as it seems he's gonna wanna catch some more in the next episode. Really wholesome and fun episode overall. Liking the season so far and Gou.
Dec 16, 2019 9:52 AM

Jun 2008
I don't like Gou. Nibunny deserves a better trainer, but I guess it will be some character development on him (and the other character who show up later) - and again, barely any development on Satoshi.
Dec 16, 2019 1:28 PM
Sep 2010
it was ok, the scorbunny stuff was funny but this is ony teh second research trip and i'm already bored by it as neither have been pretty interestinga nd nothing fo any real signifigance happened, we didnt meet Sonia or Magnolia or even get any cameo's of Galar characters.
I really hope they bring old charcaters back if we're going to every region so that we can start to feel some sort of importance.
The lack of a main goal/plot is also bothersome since Ash isn't gathering badges this season although hopefully they can still add it in later since Galar's league runs on a set schedule its an easy way to write it into the show later.
Hopefully this catch every pokemon to reach Mew set up next week gets thing going, I hope Ash does this as well as I'd like to see him get more pokemon too. also why cant he mention that he has a snorlax too, the way he acts you'd think Pikachu is his only pokemon.
Dec 17, 2019 3:03 AM

May 2009
Johnny-Jay said:
Daimax is probably a cool game mechanic but seeing it in the anime felt weird, it kinda broke my suspension of disbelief. I know Pokémon would be awfully dangerous creatures in real life but this was just too much for me, something this big would be a freaking nightmare that could destroy cities. And once again, it bothers me that Ash didn't say anything about having a Snorlax, considering how important this Pokémon was to him.

Ash showed his experience with Snorlax by talking about how it was waiting for the fruit to drop in his mouth. That's definitely only a thing a trainer with expertise would know, the ecology of a pokémon. Over and over again Ash has been teaching him the ropes.

Loved the episode! I think Hiibunny has the potential to be crazy strong by the end of the series.

@Xenocrisi

XY gets really interesting post episode 40 or so! And Watch the mega evolution special, it's a great tease about what's to come in XYZ :)
Dec 17, 2019 10:11 PM

May 2018
Scorbunny is so precious. I can't.

SPRING

Dec 18, 2019 7:21 AM

May 2018
I am enjoying this so far! :D

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Dec 18, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
Shoryuuken said:
Ash showed his experience with Snorlax by talking about how it was waiting for the fruit to drop in his mouth. That's definitely only a thing a trainer with expertise would know, the ecology of a pokémon. Over and over again Ash has been teaching him the ropes.

Not sure "Snorlax is lazy and loves to eat" is a big secret though.
Dec 18, 2019 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
scorbunny really reminds me of chespin. seems very cool but too bad their final evo are meh. Here's hoping he wont evolve.

Also kind of wished the dynamax mechanics would introduce more exciting start like the xy did with mega stuff, still this was fine. The whole thing wrapped up pretty cool way all in all.
removed-userDec 18, 2019 11:00 PM
Dec 19, 2019 2:22 PM
May 2017
I'm so f*cking done with these childish things
Dec 19, 2019 8:48 PM

Jan 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
I'm so f*cking done with these childish things
What do you expect? It’s a children anime. It’s supposed to be childish.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Dec 22, 2019 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Go just caught as many pokemon in 15 episode minutes as Ash had in two gens combined!
Dec 23, 2019 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure if its because of the freshness of a new season but i'm liking this so far, especially Scorbunny has been a blast to watch.

I always check out new seasons of Pokemon but never stick to them, lets see if that changes this time.
Jan 19, 2020 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Go did the right thing by catching Scorbunny and opening up to catching more Pokémon. Man, was he a dick at first, rejecting scorbunny since he wanted mew to be his first Pokémon. Yeah kiddo, good luck with that.
Apr 6, 2020 3:00 PM

Apr 2016
Scorbunny is a good add to the series. I hope they'll start a trip around the region like any other Pokémon series.
Jun 21, 2020 12:39 AM

Nov 2009
When Go missed his curve ball I fully expected it to hit and catch the snorlax, just for giggles.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
Oct 3, 2021 7:05 AM

Dec 2007
LOL scorbunny personality is likeable, first good note for the writers.

glad that goh got over the "first pokemon mew" thingy, though i wanted him to have little more reason to do that.

they presented the dinamax in great way to my taste, and though i rather prefer they would show dinamax battle, they still made it great. though i excepted the transformation little more exciting, like they did in Z-moves in pokemon SM...

the failed pokeball throwing truly made me LOL, how failed goh can be? it's just showing how goh inexperience compare to ash though his knowledge, kinda bring me back to max in AD.

overall though, this episode seems to me more goh concentrated than ash, and it was pretty good, hope for more like those.
Mar 1, 2023 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
Hibunny going through the train.
Satoshi and Go eating.
Hibunny tries to get their attention.
Hibunny made the waiter drop the food.
Hibunny got stuck on the train.
Daimax?
Hibunny jumps off the train.
Damn. Hibunny dirty.
Hibunny sees them.

LAWD JESUS! They're really overusing this "Go" shit. Now "Go" is said by Go when he throws the Monster Ball and tells his pokemon to come out. I could have tolerated it if it was just the OP song, but they're doing it all over the show just because the characters name is Go.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 13, 8:58 AM

Feb 2020
Hibanny, getto da zé! 🐰🔥

Jan 16, 2:08 AM
Sep 2020
te adoro Scorbunny
Mar 19, 6:18 AM
Oct 2017
They really overdid it with the visuals on the scene where Gou rejected Scorbunny, giving off a gloomy and even a bit of a dark atmosphere that makes you feel sad for the little rabbit... Seems like Scorbunny is energetic but also a bit of an attention seeker who gets really mad when he doesn't get any. I like it when the Pokémon have more developed personalities (Charizard, Jigglypuff from the OG series, lately Lycanroc and Rowlet) , those are always the most memorable.
Gigamax Snorlax's design is cool. I skipped this gen's games so I googled how to get one and you need the DLC and some Max Soup (???), Pokémon games have surely changed over the years...
Also Gou really had it right when he said that the curveball is the best throw, it actually improves the catching odds in Pokémon Go.
Apr 21, 9:11 AM
Aug 2013
I loved Hibunny! Glad Gou catched it!
-Let the fire of our hearts rage through the heavens

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 132 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TiirList - Nov 11, 2022

153 by Nerdason »»
Mar 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.